Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Probe 17
Jul 27, 2014

Red Rain is coming down

Red Rain
https://twitter.com/LiberareLimbus/status/1522554745776644096?s=20&t=y_XoXmps56s5B4M3SuHfyA

The hype train does not seem intent on stopping any time soon.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Loxo321
Sep 28, 2021

Junpei posted:

Who is the fifth fighter? some sort of Yi Sang, WARP Crew Faust, WARP Crew Don Quixote, Kurokumo Clan Rodion, but is the last one Heathcliff or Gregor?

Judging from the skill names, we have Seven Association Yi Sang and Shi Association Heathcliffe as the other two fighters in the demo.

I liked what I saw from the explanation and demo videos, though I do hope that they either tone down the motion blur or provide an option to disable it entirely. Sometimes it was hard to tell what was going on because of that.

Stagger so far doesn't seem to be nearly the death sentence it was in LoR, couldn't tell if characters still take 2x damage while staggered, but it looked like people were getting staggered left and right but not dying (For example, I think Don Quixote got staggered at 7HP at one point but still survived that turn). The fact that you appear to have less control over targetting this game is probably a factor in that. Speaking of stagger, I wonder if Evade dice will still do something similar to stagger recovery in this game by increasing the damage you need to take before getting staggered on a successful Evade. I presume Block and Counter will probably work the same way they did last game.

Also it seems really easy to apply certain status effects? I think I saw one skill inflict like 15 Paralysis/Shock on a single enemy and I think I saw 30 Bleed on another enemy. Something tells me that there's going to be a lot of tuning involved with those status effects just like in LoR.

EDIT: Also, I think on the Limbus Company Twitter, we see the Abnormality where the Fluid Sac E.G.O came from. (It's the shark-y looking thing with the red fluid sac on its belly)

Loxo321 fucked around with this message at 19:41 on May 6, 2022

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
Passive list from the English section

Do you think that the skill colors will be based on something intrinsic, like Reds will inflict DOTs, etc. or will it be somewhat arbitrary what color a skill is?

Einander
Sep 14, 2008

"Yeh've forged a magnificent sword."

"This one's only practice. The real sword I intend to forge will be three times longer."

"Can there really be a sword as monstrous as that in this world?"

"Yes. I can see that sword... Somewhere out there..."
No, colors aren't going to be tied to themes (or at least I'm pretty sure), because characters seem to have three different colors per "deck." Say Electric Blue is Charge. If you want to have a Ruina-style character who builds Charge with their Attack A (4/7 of the deck) and uses it on B and C (2/7 and 1/7), then suddenly this character's attacks are entirely Electric Blue. Plus, it seems like EGO have two different colors as requirements and Passives have three, and I'm pretty sure they don't want to make it so every EGO is tied to two different mechanics and every Passive to three.

I expect that the color system is more about increasing considerations in team design, so that you can't (for example) make a team that's entirely Red/Blue/Yellow for easy color chains. Do that and suddenly you can't activate most of your backline passives and you don't have EGO available. It also gives them more dimensions to upsell characters. You've had a difficult time activating Faust's amazing version of One Sin's EGO because you don't have good White chains, but this new character has great attacks in White! You should get them. Hey, it's a new healer that doesn't use Black, so you no longer need to find a reason to splash that color in your team! Roll on that banner!

It gives them a decent amount of design space for characters that aren't entirely novel mechanically but that still serve a distinct purpose, and it gives players a reason to get new characters beyond "their numbers are bigger." Design pressures for novelty leading to balance creep is one of the things that destroys live-service games, so I think it's a fairly good sign.

Lord_Magmar
Feb 24, 2015

"Welcome to pound town, Slifer slacker!"

I would also assume the seven colours of the rainbow is a way to thematically/mechanically keep the seven sins theming to the mechanic they mention on the website.

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
Both of the Fluid Sacs turn one skill into it, which is the cyan/electric blue/light blue color. Telepole is purple, and both of the 4MFs are red.

Given that we don't know much about the two other Abnormalities the EGO come from, but we do know Scorched Girl, which of the deadly sins do you think Red stands for? It could be Wrath because of how she tries to blow people up.

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

Only thing I don't get is how targeting works

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!

Faust gets a brief rollover in the Japanese section, so here's what Identity... bios? guides? look like.

Lord_Magmar
Feb 24, 2015

Junpei posted:

Both of the Fluid Sacs turn one skill into it, which is the cyan/electric blue/light blue color. Telepole is purple, and both of the 4MFs are red.

Given that we don't know much about the two other Abnormalities the EGO come from, but we do know Scorched Girl, which of the deadly sins do you think Red stands for? It could be Wrath because of how she tries to blow people up.

Wrath being Red seems pretty likely even just on an association level between red and anger/violence.

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!

Lord_Magmar posted:

Wrath being Red seems pretty likely even just on an association level between red and anger/violence.

Then, logically, Envy would be Green ('green eyed monster' and all) and Pride, Purple (cuz royalty).

I wonder if Stagger 'breakpoints' will refresh if you go below them but are healed above the threshold.

GilliamYaeger
Jan 10, 2012

Call Gespenst!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Stosk9RnEk
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1KowkZqj28Y

Someone managed to hack together clean versions of both of the battle themes shown in the demonstration. The first one is also the same song used in the Leviathan PV.

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
Any particular rounds of the Reverb fight (initial, not Distorted) you're looking forward too on a nugget/'fanfic' level?

-I totally anticipate Tylana and Boksi being like "What the hell is this guy on" with regards to Oswald while Omni and Chinely understand his points completely fine, like Tiph does
-similarly, Mr. Blond going "Why are we stuck with the one Reverb member who is completely unintelligible"
-For some reason I feel like Mizu would call Elena a cutie, which would probably be one of the only things that could throw her off-guard.
-Talow might have a salient point against Pluto's whole "What if we live in a world of illusion" thing because of his "Dude, I was stuck in a world where nothing mattered and everything stayed the same, and after a certain point I wanted OUT"
-And of course, the Phillip/Bishop rivalry finale

GilliamYaeger
Jan 10, 2012

Call Gespenst!

Junpei posted:

Any particular rounds of the Reverb fight (initial, not Distorted) you're looking forward too on a nugget/'fanfic' level?

-I totally anticipate Tylana and Boksi being like "What the hell is this guy on" with regards to Oswald while Omni and Chinely understand his points completely fine, like Tiph does
-similarly, Mr. Blond going "Why are we stuck with the one Reverb member who is completely unintelligible"
-For some reason I feel like Mizu would call Elena a cutie, which would probably be one of the only things that could throw her off-guard.
-Talow might have a salient point against Pluto's whole "What if we live in a world of illusion" thing because of his "Dude, I was stuck in a world where nothing mattered and everything stayed the same, and after a certain point I wanted OUT"
-And of course, the Phillip/Bishop rivalry finale
Hokma (or more likely Talow) doing what everyone who plays this game does and completely shutting down Pluto's bullshit. Ideally with the legendary 100 roll 13th Toll Boundary of Death combo.

TeeQueue
Oct 9, 2012

The time has come. Soon, the bell shall ring. A new world will come. Rise, my servants. Rise and serve me. I am death and life. Darkness and light.

GilliamYaeger posted:

Hokma (or more likely Talow) doing what everyone who plays this game does and completely shutting down Pluto's bullshit. Ideally with the legendary 100 roll 13th Toll Boundary of Death combo.

I do not think you understand just how absoluytely stupid to pull off that is.

it is unfathomably stupid.

and frankly, combat prep blockma is funnier. :colbert:

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
Assuming you pull a roughly equal assortment of Identities and EGOs for everyone and no one synergy is stronger than any other, which core 5-Sinner team do you think you'll rock?

I'm thinking Heathcliff, Hong Lu, Outis, Gregor, Don. Maybe swap Don for Meursault or Faust.

A Banana
Jun 11, 2013
Just getting back into Library of ruina, started on chesed realization, and didn't realise that every status card has to be used in the first round of the final fight . Theres an hour or so of my life I'll never get back :negative:

as much as I like the mechanics a few experiences like this as the fights get longer really sour me on the game

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
Considering Train's taking an early lead, I have a feeling Puppet's gonna win, which is great, cuz of Chesed.

Hopefully, the fact that the cutscene is ~80% Jae-Heon monologue by weight means this is one of the quicker cutscenes to transcribe.

TeeQueue
Oct 9, 2012

The time has come. Soon, the bell shall ring. A new world will come. Rise, my servants. Rise and serve me. I am death and life. Darkness and light.
No matter how long a cutscene has been in this game, I've always been able to do the entire thing in a single day. It doesn't take that long to get everything put together.

It's the fight scenes that take the time.

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
Touche.

Your Everyday NEET
Apr 26, 2017

TeeQueue posted:

No matter how long a cutscene has been in this game, I've always been able to do the entire thing in a single day. It doesn't take that long to get everything put together.

It's the fight scenes that take the time.

Did you telegraph the fight scene? Like for making Roland always dealt the killing blow against the target that appears in the Memory Card? If so, that's pretty cool. The setup for killing Yujin is awesome.

Theantero
Nov 6, 2011

...We danced the Mamushka while Nero fiddled, we danced the Mamushka at Waterloo. We danced the Mamushka for Jack the Ripper, and now, Fester Addams, this Mamushka is for you....
Yeah, he's definitely going for that gimmick, and it's great :v:

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
Hey MetaMeme and NullBlack, I've got a Kelly edit of the window guy for when Roland first calls Argalia "Blue Sicko". I'm letting you know up front so we don't accidentally step on each other's toes after we get to Smiling Faces.

TeeQueue
Oct 9, 2012

Your Everyday NEET posted:

Did you telegraph the fight scene? Like for making Roland always dealt the killing blow against the target that appears in the Memory Card? If so, that's pretty cool. The setup for killing Yujin is awesome.

I originally planned to fully 3-man that fight, but uhh. It fell apart right after Yujin died, and I was like "Well I got what I wanted so..."

/gestures at the post.

It worked out.

Not looking forward to Ms. Fire, though. :shepicide:

Reiterpallasch
Nov 3, 2010

Fun Shoe
My first thought for that would be Smoke. The Curiosity nerf shouldn't affect the oops-all-3-costs Smoke deck (3x Vapour, 3x Deep Drag, 3x Loss of Senses) since it'll draw so many cards anyway, and the other librarians on the floor can fall back on Ominous Power decks to synergize with it. A fully loaded Puffy Brume/Sooty Thwack Vapour should rip a huge chunk out of Xiao, and you'll be able to play, uh, lots, each turn.

e: i tested it out with just SOTC passives and cards and it almost worked down a librarian (because i couldn't bring roland), so it's probably viable? might not be optimal, but the Ominous Power smoke deck is funny enough you should show it off at some point

Reiterpallasch fucked around with this message at 09:05 on May 10, 2022

GilliamYaeger
Jan 10, 2012

Call Gespenst!

TeeQueue posted:

I originally planned to fully 3-man that fight, but uhh. It fell apart right after Yujin died, and I was like "Well I got what I wanted so..."

/gestures at the post.

It worked out.

I'm honestly surprised you didn't end that post with the last-second backup being Gebura coming in to cover Roland's rear end instead of Yesod, considering it's the fight that unlocked her. Like sure, she wasn't unlocked when you actually did the fight, but fudging things a little so she's up and running a few minutes early probably would have worked out.

Arcanuse
Mar 15, 2019

TeeQueue posted:

/gestures at the post.

It worked out.

ey, if I can beat ol toasty on accident with a floor to spare while bungling the mechanic, I'm sure you'll do great.
good luck with Yan tho, oof

TeeQueue
Oct 9, 2012

GilliamYaeger posted:

I'm honestly surprised you didn't end that post with the last-second backup being Gebura coming in to cover Roland's rear end instead of Yesod, considering it's the fight that unlocked her. Like sure, she wasn't unlocked when you actually did the fight, but fudging things a little so she's up and running a few minutes early probably would have worked out.

Doing this would have been smart, but:

-I didn't think of it.

-The amount of effort it would have required would have been very high, to do it to my own standards. I would've had to edit Gebura's floor into the results screen, or else done the mission again but with Roland/Gebura and getting the same overall kills.

-I am also lazy.

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
I mean with Xiao, at least TQ will have a 5-person Keter team because the Binah and Hokma requirement isn't put behind Xiao. All you need is one fight to get Snow Queen, and two of the four available are just against mooks.

(Speaking of Snow Queen I cannot wait for Roland's "...gently caress." reaction when the fight starts and he realizes that Zaida, Steve, and whoever his 4th teammate are encased in blocks of ice.)

Solitair
Feb 18, 2014

TODAY'S GONNA BE A GOOD MOTHERFUCKIN' DAY!!!

Reiterpallasch posted:

My first thought for that would be Smoke. The Curiosity nerf shouldn't affect the oops-all-3-costs Smoke deck (3x Vapour, 3x Deep Drag, 3x Loss of Senses) since it'll draw so many cards anyway, and the other librarians on the floor can fall back on Ominous Power decks to synergize with it. A fully loaded Puffy Brume/Sooty Thwack Vapour should rip a huge chunk out of Xiao, and you'll be able to play, uh, lots, each turn.

e: i tested it out with just SOTC passives and cards and it almost worked down a librarian (because i couldn't bring roland), so it's probably viable? might not be optimal, but the Ominous Power smoke deck is funny enough you should show it off at some point

I think I haven't been using Smoke to its full potential. It seems like it takes a lot of work to stack it on both the librarian and the target, and new pages just bring benefits to stacking it on librarians, so I've just been doing that.

Reiterpallasch
Nov 3, 2010

Fun Shoe
You don't have to go all-in on gaining/spending Smoke as a resource, the passive damage boost from 10 smoke on a boss is good enough to justify dedicating one librarian to it on a floor which is doing something else.

The lategame strength of Smoke is that its 3-cost pages (Deep Drag, Vapour, Loss of Senses) all draw cards on usage. This synergies perfectly with Ominous Power, which gives you unlimited injections of 3 light at a time as long as you can keep drawing more Ominous Powers to spend next turn. 3x Ominous Power, 3x Deep Drag, 3x Loss of Senses can effortlessly keep a boss paralyzed and pinned at 10 smoke.

The other lategame strength of smoke is that Nikolai's Mark passive exists, and multipliers to final damage stack multiplicatively in Ruina's combat system, so having both together lets you damage race bosses instead of really engaging with their merchanics. The other other lategame strength of smoke is Elena's keypage, which is sickeningly powerful.

It's definitely a different playstyle from Singleton Charge, but I actually think it's more fun, and in fights that reward using single gigantic dice over tons of small ones, stronger.

GilliamYaeger
Jan 10, 2012

Call Gespenst!

Solitair posted:

I think I haven't been using Smoke to its full potential. It seems like it takes a lot of work to stack it on both the librarian and the target, and new pages just bring benefits to stacking it on librarians, so I've just been doing that.
Smoke's real power is it's splashability - most of the time you just splash one or two Smoke cards in a couple of decks and you're golden. All you need to do is keep the debuff at 10, and two people hitting with a single Smoke 3-cost can accomplish that. It's not like Burn or Bleed where you want to stack as hard as you can - the good Smoke cards tend to inflict a LOT of Smoke and there's a cap of 10 on smoke infliction so you only really need to slap someone with a Smoke card every few turns.

You don't even need Puffy Brume for this!

MetaMeme
Apr 30, 2017

You may boorishly refer to it as "Pickpocketing", but I prefer "Urban Foraging".

Junpei posted:

Hey MetaMeme and NullBlack, I've got a Kelly edit of the window guy for when Roland first calls Argalia "Blue Sicko". I'm letting you know up front so we don't accidentally step on each other's toes after we get to Smiling Faces.

Don't insult NB by implying he goes for easy jokes like me, he like Yesod's Floor has standards. Although I guess I do too because that didn't even cross my mind? I have something way dumber planned.

Deep drag is the single greatest card in the game to splash. No need to swap stuff around, one card per floor buffs everyone else's dpt by 50%, big first die, on blunt which has a lot of good debuff support. Never leave home without it.

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
God Jae-Heon's monologue is going to break people's brains

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X_zC7n78fas

They're doing a second Limbus combat demo, this time with some updates (Don't let the 'beta' fool you-they mean that as in the last one was an 'alpha').

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

I knew about the third game existing and missed basically everything else

"oh a demonstration this should give me a good idea of what gameplay is like"

I was a fool

GilliamYaeger
Jan 10, 2012

Call Gespenst!

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

I knew about the third game existing and missed basically everything else

"oh a demonstration this should give me a good idea of what gameplay is like"

I was a fool
You want the systems explanation from last week. Make sure to turn on CC subs.

My first thought is that I really, really hope they change that diceroll ding, it's super annoying.

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!

1. I love Don's art here
2. Bleed works differently now.

edit:

That tracks with Seven Association in general

Junpei fucked around with this message at 11:26 on May 13, 2022

GilliamYaeger
Jan 10, 2012

Call Gespenst!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O8QoP4r9ZWk

Well isn't this interesting?

Lord_Magmar
Feb 24, 2015

Junpei posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X_zC7n78fas

They're doing a second Limbus combat demo, this time with some updates (Don't let the 'beta' fool you-they mean that as in the last one was an 'alpha').

So that would indeed be seven sins and seven colours confirmed. Wrath Red, Pride Purple, not sure about the rest though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ShoutokuTaisho
Oct 13, 2021

Lord_Magmar posted:

So that would indeed be seven sins and seven colours confirmed. Wrath Red, Pride Purple, not sure about the rest though.

When you watch the video, you can notice that whenever a sin resonance happens, the corresponding (this is my assumption, at least) sin gets a resistance bonus. This happens for every color but yellow, which means that we actually have them all. Red is Wrath, Orange is Lust, Yellow is Sloth, Green is Gluttony, Blue is Greed, Indigo is Pride and Violet is Envy.