Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
MOTN
This poll is closed.
JEFF VS BOB 0 0%
BCC VS AFO 3 2.86%
WARDLOW VS W MORRISSEY 3 2.86%
JERICHO VS SANTANA 2 1.90%
LUCHA ANGEL VS REY FENIX 93 88.57%
DEONNA VS MERCEDES 4 3.81%
Total: 105 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
I don't see Punk winning the title at DoN. Jay challenging for the IWGP title at Dominion and Forbidden Door being built around Bullet Club is really telegraphing a title switch. The main event of Forbidden Door is likely gonna be champ vs. champ and Hangman/Jay makes way more sense than Punk/Jay

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Atillo
Jan 9, 2007

Rarity posted:

I don't see Punk winning the title at DoN. Jay challenging for the IWGP title at Dominion and Forbidden Door being built around Bullet Club is really telegraphing a title switch. The main event of Forbidden Door is likely gonna be champ vs. champ and Hangman/Jay makes way more sense than Punk/Jay

That would be a good place for his growing confidence to bite him. It's a big match that he can lose without dropping the title.

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

Atillo posted:

That would be a good place for his growing confidence to bite him. It's a big match that he can lose without dropping the title.

If Jay White just kinda washed him that'd be a really interesting twist and sets up like a lifetime feud

TheIncredulousHulk
Sep 3, 2012

I quite liked the Jay/Hangman matches in New Japan(even though it was weird for me seeing the relative power of the Buckshot and the Deadeye reversed) and a third would loving whip given how much they've both grown since then

Majinfoose
Jul 26, 2007

HOLY SHIT
This vegan brisket is bussin

I work at a school for the blind, and blind kids love wrestling. I had some great conversations about AEW, and recently watched a kid karaoke C*dy's theme. LET THEM HAVE SHIRTS TONY

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

Majinfoose posted:

I work at a school for the blind, and blind kids love wrestling. I had some great conversations about AEW, and recently watched a kid karaoke C*dy's theme. LET THEM HAVE SHIRTS TONY

You need to teach them BryD's "You're gonna get your (remove the F word at will) head kicked in" chant

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Rarity posted:

No way are they doing champ vs champ, the politics are too big a hurdle. 2 separate title matches are more likely or a tag match with the champions

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
I could see AEW/Hanger willing to take a loss in a non-title because it'd be compelling and set up interesting story fallout

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

smarxist posted:

I could see AEW/Hanger willing to take a loss in a non-title because it'd be compelling and set up interesting story fallout

Page yes, Tony no

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Yeah I don't think you could really do it with any other pairing, maybe Hangman/Okada but certainly not if Punk was there. Hangman's character allows for him to suffer setbacks and his history with Jay and Bullet Club would make it feel purposeful plus AEW and New Japan talent are doing lots of talent sharing so Jay can always show up to give the L back on Hangman's home turf

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Rarity posted:

Yeah I don't think you could really do it with any other pairing, maybe Hangman/Okada but certainly not if Punk was there. Hangman's character allows for him to suffer setbacks and his history with Jay and Bullet Club would make it feel purposeful plus AEW and New Japan talent are doing lots of talent sharing so Jay can always show up to give the L back on Hangman's home turf

Chicago, IL, famously hostile ground for AEW.

If they're trading wins, AEW goes over here and New Japan wins on the second show in Osaka or Hiroshima or whatever

Gaz-L fucked around with this message at 12:19 on May 6, 2022

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

you could pair any AEW person with any NJPW person and the crowds will hoot and holler in joy

As will i

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Gaz-L posted:

Chicago, IL, famously hostile ground for AEW.

If they're trading wins, AEW goes over here and New Japan wins on the second show in Osaka or Hiroshima or whatever

I meant on a normal AEW show

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

Hangman is not losing the title for at least 3 more years

Hoss Corncave
Feb 13, 2012
While it will probably be someone else doing the Japanese commentary for Dynamite this week, I'd like to think Shingo watched the Wardlow match and was filled with glee at seeing him demolish security at the end.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

okada is winning.

Oasx
Oct 11, 2006

Freshly Squeezed

Guillermus posted:

I'm sure that blind fans listening to AEW Dark on YouTube may think it's just Excal and Taz weekely podcast (and it is).

I would listen to Tall Paul and Mark Henry just doing dad jokes, no need for any wrestling to be going on.

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

Tall Paul and Mark Henry bbq chat is good too

Penguin Patrol
Mar 3, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
AEW's website is not the same as ShopAEW (which is a PWT website). Lawsuit isn't about shirts.

Dacap
Jul 8, 2008

I've been involved in a number of cults, both as a leader and a follower.

You have more fun as a follower. But you make more money as a leader.

Majinfoose posted:

They only like him because they can’t see the tattoo

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.

Penguin Patrol posted:

AEW's website is not the same as ShopAEW (which is a PWT website). Lawsuit isn't about shirts.

Let the blind kids know which wrestlers are off the roster, even though you'd expect them to be on the roster!

blunt
Jul 7, 2005

Mr. Squishy posted:

Let the blind kids know which wrestlers are off the roster, even though you'd expect them to be on the roster!

This is such a weird thing to be making fun of

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Dacap posted:

They only like him because they can’t see the tattoo

:hai:

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

blunt posted:

This is such a weird thing to be making fun of

It's the only thing I know about the AEW website.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Rarity posted:

Just like all anime nerds Kenny is mad at sexhavers

But he's in the car with Matt Hardy

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?

Shard posted:

But he's in the car with Matt Hardy

Matt may have three of so kids but he doesn't have sex-haver energy. He's like Fuego del Sol that way.

Bizarro Kanyon
Jan 3, 2007

Something Awful, so easy even a spaceman can do it!

I was getting heel vibes from Hangman during his Punk promo. Along with his new confidence, it seems like his character is heading in a new direction.

What if it is champ Vs champ and Hangman loses which pushes his overconfidence into heelish “do whatever it takes to win”

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

Bizarro Kanyon posted:

I was getting heel vibes from Hangman during his Punk promo. Along with his new confidence, it seems like his character is heading in a new direction.

What if it is champ Vs champ and Hangman loses which pushes his overconfidence into heelish “do whatever it takes to win”

That was a definite heel promo. He picked on a specific fan because they were wearing a CM Punk shirt. I'm not sure how much of a character shift we can extrapolate from it though. It's currently face vs face, one of them has got to change something*, even if just for the match.

*for a given value of "got to"

Stall_19
Jan 2, 2013

Prodigy of Victor von Doom
https://twitter.com/thesuperjcast/status/1522542237371928576

BDawg
May 19, 2004

In Full Stereo Symphony

Penguin Patrol posted:

Someone should sue over the shirts. There are too many black shirts and we need more colors.

Supreme Wrestlers' Court, here I come!

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Penguin Patrol posted:

The lawsuit is literally about ShopAEW though, it says it right on the first page of the document that is in the tweet people are talking about.

It is pretty lovely to make jokes about blind people being blind though.

History Comes Inside! fucked around with this message at 15:23 on May 6, 2022

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
Blackpool Combat Club should run the loving trios tourney

blunt
Jul 7, 2005

History Comes Inside! posted:

The lawsuit is literally about ShopAEW though, it says it right on the first page of the document that is in the tweet people are talking about.

It is pretty lovely to make jokes about blind people being blind though.

They've shoved a generic accessibility widget onto ShopAEW.com this morning (it wasn't there a couple of days ago according to archive.org) so AEW have obviously decided the complaint has some merit (as they should have!).

El Generico
Feb 3, 2009

Birds revere you and consider you one of their own.

You are welcome in their holy places.
I had the idea that the perfect crossover event for two companies who did not want to lose more than the other guy would be all tag matches. So if it was AEW and NJPW, it'd be one AEW babyface and one NJPW babyface vs. one AEW heel and one NJPW heel. Then no matter how the outcomes work out, neither company looks better than the other.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

blunt posted:

They've shoved a generic accessibility widget onto ShopAEW.com this morning (it wasn't there a couple of days ago according to archive.org) so AEW have obviously decided the complaint has some merit (as they should have!).

Mmm love a good non-fix "fix". Hopefully they just make the website accessible and get rid of that trash.

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

this was one of the first dynamites after the warehouse sessions. what a time in the world that was

tweet my meat
Oct 2, 2013

yospos
Wrong thread

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

Mr. Squishy posted:

I really want to see Angelico and Danielson have a singles match together where they just trade weird holds

yes

smarxist posted:

do wrestling events pipe the commentary desk into the arena via local radio or app or something so blind fans can enjoy a show better? that'd be cool

although ive never been to one irl i kinda wish they would. the only commentary piping into the venue ive seen is triple a events

back when we had nfl season tickets i would always always have the local announce crew in my ear

Atillo posted:

oo

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

5:30 Rampage today lmao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

https://twitter.com/SeanRossSapp/status/1522589360918601728