Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

neaden
Nov 4, 2012

A changer of ways

Winklebottom posted:

Didn't one of the recent-ish short stories hint at the White Dwarf/Grungni coming back and wanting to unite the dwarves?

He wants to yeah but basically all the dwarves are mad at him and not eager to follow his lead.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Caidin
Oct 29, 2011
Grungn spent several centuries remaking Grombrindal from his own legend somehow to save the dwarves because he knew his epic leave during the age of chaos made him entirely unsuited for the task.

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

Winklebottom posted:

Didn't one of the recent-ish short stories hint at the White Dwarf/Grungni coming back and wanting to unite the dwarves?

Not hinted. He straight up shows back up during Broken Realms to save Order’s forces in Chamon from the Ruinstorm.

smug jeebus
Oct 26, 2008
Really bummed that we didn't get clearer pics of those chaos bros

Genghis Cohen
Jun 29, 2013

smug jeebus posted:

Really bummed that we didn't get clearer pics of those chaos bros

Likewise, I thought since they'd already leaked we'd surely be shown the whole range. Ah well, something to look forward to.

AnEdgelord
Dec 12, 2016
Some people were complaining about AoS not getting as much 40k but that didn't ring true to me so I decided to tally it up (including alternate builds as a seperate kit for simplicities sake)

40k:
-CSM Possessed
-CSM Cultists
-CSM Mutants
-CSM Torments
-CSM Dark Commune
-LoV Hover Trike
-World Eaters (no models shown)
-Daemon Prince (counting this as a .5 for both in the tally)

Total kits/announcements: 7.5 (note: the CSM codex was announced before this event so I didn't count it but feel free to add it in if you want, doesn't really make a difference in the final tally)

AoS:
-Skaven Battletome
-Skaven Deathmaster
-Sylvaneth Battletome
-Sylvaneth Lady of Vines
-Sylvaneth Gossamid Archers
-Sylvaneth Spiterider Lancers
-Sylvaneth Revenant Seekers
-StD Ogroid Theridons
-Dawnbringer Crusades (no models shown)
-Soulblight Gravelords Cado Ezechiar
-Kharadron Overlords Drekki Flynt

Total kits/announcements: 11.5

so AoS got a lot more than 40k, don't know what people are talking about here

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

The cultist models were just really cool looking so they count more.

AnEdgelord
Dec 12, 2016

Mors Rattus posted:

The cultist models were just really cool looking so they count more.

they are indeed EXTREMELY cool

update marauder gw pls

TheDiceMustRoll
Jul 23, 2018

AnEdgelord posted:

Some people were complaining about AoS not getting as much 40k

Where? I've only seen pretty positive feedback with the exception of the doomposting cool kids on imageboards.

Covermeinsunshine
Sep 15, 2021

Like last page someone said this was thin compared to yesterday

Marmaduke!
May 19, 2009

Why would it do that!?

AnEdgelord posted:

Some people were complaining about AoS not getting as much 40k but that didn't ring true to me so I decided to tally it up (including alternate builds as a seperate kit for simplicities sake)

so AoS got a lot more than 40k, don't know what people are talking about here

It's probably a quantity/quality thing, you've listed a bunch of AoS stuff but a lot of it is like 1-2 models an an announcement, or some vague Sigmar iconography. Although we've only seen 2 Squats we know there will be a bunch more, and relatively soon, whereas a lot of the AoS stuff seems real far away and quite unsubstantial (don't just mean the Nighthaunts!). I don't understand why they didn't just announce all the new Chaos models officially, then I really don't think anyone could have complained at all.

TheDiceMustRoll
Jul 23, 2018

Marmaduke! posted:

It's probably a quantity/quality thing, you've listed a bunch of AoS stuff but a lot of it is like 1-2 models an an announcement, or some vague Sigmar iconography. Although we've only seen 2 Squats we know there will be a bunch more, and relatively soon, whereas a lot of the AoS stuff seems real far away and quite unsubstantial (don't just mean the Nighthaunts!). I don't understand why they didn't just announce all the new Chaos models officially, then I really don't think anyone could have complained at all.

I think a more general problem is there's a lot of people wanting new/refreshed models for their factions so it really does feel like "nothing" when you don't care about nighthaunt or whatever.

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

I’m disappointed we didn’t get more refreshes of Skaven models, I’d love a refresh of Clanrat and Gutter Runners, but I don’t really think they need new units so much as a total rules rework.

Marmaduke!
May 19, 2009

Why would it do that!?
Exactly, and one new Deathmaster makes it feel like hardly an update at all. Especially when the model is (sensibly) trying to look like a stealthy assassin rather than an OTT murdermachine leaping down wielding several daggers

Crazy Ferret
May 11, 2007

Welp

Mors Rattus posted:

I’m disappointed we didn’t get more refreshes of Skaven models, I’d love a refresh of Clanrat and Gutter Runners, but I don’t really think they need new units so much as a total rules rework.

I'm not going to lie, it was a bit disappointing to just get a new Assassin model and the codex having the same artwork. I figured a refresh of the Eshin line would be natural as Gutter-runners and Deathrunners are both in dire need of a redo. I do think the basic clanrat sculpt is ok but I'd love to get some clan specific update packs (like Eshin capes or Skyre warpstone backpacks).

Still, I am going to hold on the gnashing of teeth and wailing till I see the book. Maybe the strange battle-line requirements will not be so strict so we don't need as many gutter-runners or acolytes to run the other clans. Not having to deal with the 60 Clan rat tax would be nice.

Floppychop
Mar 30, 2012

Mors Rattus posted:

Clanrats are good enough, imo. But all of Clan Eshin needs some love, not just the Deathmaster (which is currently a good looking sculpt, just finecast)

Skryre weapon teams and globadiers acolytes desperately need an update as well.

edit: and Rogres, holy hell those are pretty haggard

Floppychop fucked around with this message at 15:52 on May 6, 2022

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

Crazy Ferret posted:

I'm not going to lie, it was a bit disappointing to just get a new Assassin model and the codex having the same artwork. I figured a refresh of the Eshin line would be natural as Gutter-runners and Deathrunners are both in dire need of a redo. I do think the basic clanrat sculpt is ok but I'd love to get some clan specific update packs (like Eshin capes or Skyre warpstone backpacks).

Still, I am going to hold on the gnashing of teeth and wailing till I see the book. Maybe the strange battle-line requirements will not be so strict so we don't need as many gutter-runners or acolytes to run the other clans. Not having to deal with the 60 Clan rat tax would be nice.

Yeah, my big hot take is that Skaven need to not be five different armies.

Floppychop
Mar 30, 2012

Mors Rattus posted:

Yeah, my big hot take is that Skaven need to not be five different armies.

That's what they currently are. You take your battleline tax of 60 clanrats that won't do anything much as a min unit and that take up 20% of your list then the rest is what you actually want to use.

The different clans are a big part of Skaven playstyle and fluff. Gloomspite did their equivalent of different clans fine, the last Skaven battletome just dropped the ball hard.

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

https://www.twitch.tv/warhammer

Skirmish day stream goes live in about 5 minutes.

Grizzled Patriarch
Mar 27, 2014

These dentures won't stop me from tearing out jugulars in Thunderdome.

On the plus side, getting shafted on unit refreshes now means those rumors of a Skaven vs. Seraphon battle box later are probably more likely.

It's always funny when GW finally updates decades-old sculpts and then act surprised when they sell like crazy. A Skaven vs. Seraphon box just seems like a free money printer since both have pretty large and extremely dedicated fanbases, but the longer they wait the more people they're gonna push into just 3d printing it all.

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

Warcry is getting an expansion into the region known as Gnarlwood.

https://twitter.com/WarComTeam/status/1522617170852777987

Turns out the tome leak hinted at these guys too.

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

That Centaurion is also absolutely not a Bull-Centaur and that to me is very good, I was hoping that the Legionnaires and Centaurion weren't 'here is your chorfs' and they're not.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
The Horns of Hashut hint even more towards Chaos Dwarfs, as they are said to be the Vanguard for the "Legions of Hashut"

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

Sorta disappointed we didn't get double dwarves today with both Squats and Chorfs.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
Marshall? Centaurian Alpha was right there!

Talas
Aug 27, 2005

Hopefully, we'll see some crazy AoS-level tech from the new Chaos Dwarfs... eventually.

AnEdgelord
Dec 12, 2016

MonsterEnvy posted:

The Horns of Hashut hint even more towards Chaos Dwarfs, as they are said to be the Vanguard for the "Legions of Hashut"

I mean if squats can come back for real theres really nothing stopping chorfs from coming back

Covermeinsunshine
Sep 15, 2021

So yesterday I had a moment so I sat down with Dynasty of Monsters and I devoured it in one sitting. The book is pretty good as for black library standards, and Lauka Vai is up there for me with good old Vlad as far as warhammer vamps go.

TheDiceMustRoll
Jul 23, 2018

Covermeinsunshine posted:

So yesterday I had a moment so I sat down with Dynasty of Monsters and I devoured it in one sitting. The book is pretty good as for black library standards, and Lauka Vai is up there for me with good old Vlad as far as warhammer vamps go.

Looks like the Sylvaneth/Skaven box had its contents leak and it looks really grim for Skaven side unless you literally have nothing else.

- 20 Clanrats
- 10 Stormvermin
- Grey Seer/Screaming Bell
- The new hero

Cinara
Jul 15, 2007
Yea I was thinking of picking up the box to grab the new Sylvaneth stuff and get a few neat Skaven things to paint but that's just way too many old models on the Skaven side.

3 Action Economist
May 22, 2002

Educate. Agitate. Liberate.

Covermeinsunshine posted:

It's been on my Audible wishlist for a bit, sounds like it's my next listen!

Crazy Ferret
May 11, 2007

Welp
Man, the state of that box is really weird. I wonder if any of those models, besides the assassin, are going to be new, but I doubt it. I could use the Stormvermin and the Bell could be made into a Plague Furnace, but a lot of Skaven players probably don't need much of that.

The Pitched Profiles for the box leaked as well. Stormvermin are 135 points for 10 which is a bit of an increase from their current 110. However, both the Clan rats and the Stormvermin are listed as Battleline on the profile page without any stipulations. If they are Battleline for all the clans, it would be pretty great. Being able to take some Clan rats to stand in front of my Skyre army without breaking the faction rules is a definite improvement.

GIRL BRAINS
Sep 5, 2011

The gods are small birds

TheDiceMustRoll posted:

Looks like the Sylvaneth/Skaven box had its contents leak and it looks really grim for Skaven side unless you literally have nothing else.

- 20 Clanrats
- 10 Stormvermin
- The new hero

Boy I hope they get rid of the pushed into battle rule. Also my secret dream of 20/60 stormvermin is now fully dead, but I'm holding out they'll have a built-in bodyguard rule at least.

Floppychop
Mar 30, 2012

TheDiceMustRoll posted:

- 20 Clanrats
- 10 Stormvermin
- The new hero

I expected nothing and I'm still disappointed.

Caidin
Oct 29, 2011
So weird question.

As someone playing a Kharadron in a Soulbound pbp game has the setting ever explained how they steer and control their big backpack balloons, especially when their hands are full?

Because I'm not at all sure how to write that.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Caidin posted:

So weird question.

As someone playing a Kharadron in a Soulbound pbp game has the setting ever explained how they steer and control their big backpack balloons, especially when their hands are full?

Because I'm not at all sure how to write that.

A Side view will probably help you. The rudder is for changing direction and steering.

The Gear they hold is powered by the Aether Rig and has buttons to change the direction of the fin, and ascend or descend.

MonsterEnvy fucked around with this message at 06:24 on May 8, 2022

Caidin
Oct 29, 2011

MonsterEnvy posted:

A Side view will probably help you. The rudder is for changing direction and steering.

The Gear they hold is powered by the Aether Rig and has buttons to change the direction of the fin, and ascend or descend.

That sounds workable, thank you!

TheDiceMustRoll
Jul 23, 2018

GIRL BRAINS posted:

Boy I hope they get rid of the pushed into battle rule. Also my secret dream of 20/60 stormvermin is now fully dead, but I'm holding out they'll have a built-in bodyguard rule at least.

You're in luck:

Basically, Clanrats replace losses at 1d3 a turn and stormvermin can shift damage onto themselves during a battle. which makes them pretty good to have a unit near your screaming bell or whatever

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

TheDiceMustRoll posted:

You're in luck:

Basically, Clanrats replace losses at 1d3 a turn and stormvermin can shift damage onto themselves during a battle. which makes them pretty good to have a unit near your screaming bell or whatever

Stormvermin with a Verminlord Warbringer is gonna be fun unless Dreaded Death Frenzy gets reworded. 10 Stormvermin hanging out by it mean it now has 2+ ward, and each time it gets tagged the dying Stormvermin gets to pile in and attack.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2022/05/08/sunday-preview-witch-aelves-spectral-hordes-and-the-defence-of-the-north/

It's ghosts and stabby elf books up for pre-order next weekend.
Otherwise it's mainly Middle Earth releases.