Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

CPL593H posted:

The only version I saw was a terrible DVD that looked like a second generation VHS and I missed out on the Code Red blu-ray so I'll gladly take it until something better comes along. And I love that shirt.

edit: I've never done a pre-order with Diabolik. When I got the receipt it said "backordered" but it charged my paypal account. Is it listed as backordered just because it's a pre-order and not in stock yet? When you go to the page to buy them it doesn't say sold out or anything and I figured if they took my money it must be available.

Yeah, you should be fine. Keep an eye on it next month/keep the receipt email just in case, obv. I’ve also never preordered with them but they’re usually good service

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
Diabolik treats preorders as back orders on their status thing and they won't let you order something, even preorder, if they don't think they can get the stock to fill the order. Unlike deepdiscount :argh:

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

"You're the best looking guy here."
Whoever mentioned shakedown the other day (I think it was this thread) loving thank you. This is such a great 80s movie idk how I never caught it before.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

https://twitter.com/synapsefilms/status/1522320229937782784?s=20&t=EoQ5BmJW7atcPc4MgNX5-w

Commissar Canuck
Aug 5, 2008

They made fun of us! And it's Stanley Cup season!

Kingtheninja posted:

Whoever mentioned shakedown the other day (I think it was this thread) loving thank you. This is such a great 80s movie idk how I never caught it before.

You're welcome! I seriously have no idea why it's not more well known. Just an excellent action movie.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Roth posted:

I think the 4k releases I would be most interested in would be:

Event Horizon

https://twitter.com/dawnofthediscs/status/1522563753073643522

Basebf555
Feb 29, 2008

The greatest sensual pleasure there is is to know the desires of another!

Fun Shoe
Happy with my decision not to upgrade my old cheap blu ray to that recent Shout Factory release.

ringu0
Feb 24, 2013

Contact when

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

You think you can take me at Satan's Hollow? Go 'head on!

Awesome, maybe I'll get a chance to buy this one before it goes out of print.

Or watch VinSyn announce their two disc 4K edition coming exactly one month after this one comes out.

Basebf555
Feb 29, 2008

Fun Shoe

ringu0 posted:

Contact when

Yea Contact would be very high on my wish list.

Another one that actually just was announced that was very high on my list is Species.

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
All I want is The Terminator in 4K, and I know that I am a fool for dreaming.

dorium
Nov 5, 2009

If it gets in your eyes
Just look into mine
Just look into dreams
and you'll be alright
I'll be alright

feedmyleg posted:

All I want is The Terminator in 4K, and I know that I am a fool for dreaming.

you're going to get 4 avatar sequels out on UHD before we ever get Terminator and you're going to like it.

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

I was going to tell you I had good news and post a link that went to the Amazon listing for the Dark Fate UHD, but that seemed too mean.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

dorium posted:

you're going to get 4 avatar sequels out on UHD before we ever get Terminator and you're going to like it.

Three of those sequels are going straight to Starz.

Basebf555
Feb 29, 2008

Fun Shoe
I'd probably take a UHD of The Abyss before the other Cameron stuff just because at least with those I already have blu rays.

Lumbermouth
Mar 6, 2008

GREG IS BIG NOW

https://twitter.com/dawnofthediscs/status/1522648072693731329

Welp we've got one of those Vinegar Syndrome rumors revealed.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Lumbermouth posted:

:woop:

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit
I actually came here to complain that it appears that The Mist is out of print on Blu-Ray :argh:

SneakySneaks
Feb 11, 2006

Lumbermouth posted:

Awesome. It looks like they are getting a lot of Cannon films now with Death Wish 2, X-Ray/Schizo, Ect.

How long until the American Ninja box?

SneakySneaks fucked around with this message at 19:56 on May 6, 2022

Lumbermouth
Mar 6, 2008

GREG IS BIG NOW

Vinegar Syndrome seem like the kind of insane people to release an America 3000 4K.

VoodooXT
Feb 24, 2006
I want Tong Po! Give me Tong Po!

SneakySneaks posted:

Dude, I would loving kill for some Dudikoff.

Heavy Metal
Sep 1, 2014

America's $1 Funnyman

Gotta love Dudikoff! Throw Avenging Force and Radioactive Dreams in there too.

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

Radioactive Dreams sounds like the greatest movie ever made, on paper anyway. In execution it’s a mess.

dorium
Nov 5, 2009

If it gets in your eyes
Just look into mine
Just look into dreams
and you'll be alright
I'll be alright

just saw The Killing and Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind pre-orders went up for their UHD's.

Heavy Metal
Sep 1, 2014

America's $1 Funnyman

I love Eternal Sunshine, gets better with age too.

Casimir Radon posted:

Radioactive Dreams sounds like the greatest movie ever made, on paper anyway. In execution it’s a mess.

I can dig, still worth a watch for the B movie fans in this thread I'd say. I found out about Tammy and the T-Rex in here, good times. Dudikoff is really good and funny in Radioactive Dreams. Pyun in his prime!

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

Heavy Metal posted:

I love Eternal Sunshine, gets better with age too.

I can dig, still worth a watch for the B movie fans in this thread I'd say. I found out about Tammy and the T-Rex in here, good times. Dudikoff is really good and funny in Radioactive Dreams. Pyun in his prime!
I’m a dick!

Edit:
World Gone Wild is a surprisingly exhaustive reference guide to post-apocalyptic movies. The Radioactive Dreams section has an interview with Pyun.

Casimir Radon fucked around with this message at 21:00 on May 6, 2022

Lumbermouth
Mar 6, 2008

GREG IS BIG NOW

Casimir Radon posted:

Ah yes, the Six String Samurai Situation.

Heavy Metal
Sep 1, 2014

America's $1 Funnyman

Lumbermouth posted:

I say take the Radioactive Dreams challenge! I did find Six String Samurai boring, for comparison.

(Here's the Michael Dudikoff megathread!

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3780872 )

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

Lumbermouth posted:

I still have to watch that on streaming. I didn’t want to blow $30 on a movie a bunch of people were yelling about being awful in the thread.

Gothic sounded right up my alley and I almost grabbed it when Vestron released it. I ended up really not liking it so it’s good I didn’t buy it first.

Lumbermouth
Mar 6, 2008

GREG IS BIG NOW

I’m so thankful that Tubi is jam packed with Arrow and Vinegar Syndrome stuff so that I can try before I buy.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
Tcm2 4k is so dope

Heavy Metal
Sep 1, 2014

America's $1 Funnyman

One of the best movies ever. That, Blue Velvet, River's Edge, nice trilogy of 1986 Hopper classics.

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

Hooper was on a tear too with Lifeforce, Invaders From Mars, and TCM2.

Basebf555
Feb 29, 2008

Fun Shoe

ruddiger posted:

Hooper was on a tear too with Lifeforce, Invaders From Mars, and TCM2.

It's funny looking back on that now because those three films were part of a deal Hooper had with Cannon Films, and at the time they were NOT happy about how that deal turned out for them. Lifeforce and Invaders From Mars were financial failures, and the one big thing they thought was bankable, the TCM sequel, turned out to be an absurd black comedy and the critical response was not good.

Now most people agree that Hooper made three excellent films for Cannon but they didn't think so at the time. Hooper transitioned into doing t.v. work after that.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

SneakySneaks posted:

Awesome. It looks like they are getting a lot of Cannon films now with Death Wish 2, X-Ray/Schizo, Ect.

As long as it's only 1 & 2. The others were awful beyond awful.

Tim Whatley
Mar 28, 2010

My local Best Buy had several copies of the LE Arrow 4K Robocop. Grabbed that poo poo real quick

david_a
Apr 24, 2010

Megamarm
How much improvement is there over the Arrow Blu-Ray? I thought it already looked really good

dorium
Nov 5, 2009

If it gets in your eyes
Just look into mine
Just look into dreams
and you'll be alright
I'll be alright

The HDR really punches it up to another level, but if you’re good with your existing blu ray and would rather just wait for a sale to upgrade I would recommend that.

zer0spunk
Nov 6, 2000

devil never even lived
On the fence for Event Horizon

Saw that thing in theaters when it came out. One of those "so bad it's actually kinda good" flicks...

Eternal Sunshine is added to my pickup list

e: oh man, "paths of glory" in august is going to be a no-brainer.

e2: anddd that LoA LE dropped to 33 shipped on amazon, god this thread is expensive

zer0spunk fucked around with this message at 16:00 on May 7, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SneakySneaks
Feb 11, 2006

Davros1 posted:

As long as it's only 1 & 2. The others were awful beyond awful.

I've only seen the first, the others had their trailers played constantly in the early 90's on the TV Guide channel. I still remember seeing the Lady Dragon trailer playing almost non-stop (side note, I'm guessing that will be a VSA title sooner or later)