Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
They literally did. They shifted operational control to San Mateo and the first thing they did was change the button layout and then sign billion dollar movie contracts for Uncharted and Last of Us.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Seltzer posted:

Yeah it's weird the new NPB game (japanese baseball league) is only on switch now. It's like Playstation completely gave up on the market.

they literally did lol. im not kidding the Sony America office runs that stuff now and they don't give a poo poo about Japan. they just want to make cinematic games about sad dads.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lol I should try refreshing sometime

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.

Larry Parrish posted:

let your dipshit kid play with his friends imo

They moved to roblox which is probably a lot worse now I gotta worry about him being radicalized

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

The only problem is that it still somehow only runs at 30fps on Series S. Other than that Dying Light has been one hell of a ride.

edit: Actually it sounds like they fixed the framerate too so very nice stuff

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY fucked around with this message at 01:24 on May 6, 2022

Haptical Sales Slut
Mar 15, 2010

Age 18 to 49
Is the sequel worth picking up yet?

Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

I havent owned a PS since the PS2 but X was always confirm and Triangle back/cancel in PAL regions.

I had a bunch of NTSC/Japanese games on my chipped PS1 and the circle as confirm button was a bit confusing.

webmeister
Jan 31, 2007

The answer is, mate, because I want to do you slowly. There has to be a bit of sport in this for all of us. In the psychological battle stakes, we are stripped down and ready to go. I want to see those ashen-faced performances; I want more of them. I want to be encouraged. I want to see you squirm.
So I finally found a game that's pulled me away from Elden Ring: the Hitman series. No idea how I've managed to sleep on these games for so long, but I've been having a complete blast with them.

I felt like that Vince Macmahon reaction gif getting progressively more and more impressed in my first few hours playing.

"Hey these first couple of training levels are neat, sneaking around and blasting fools - kind of what I wished Assassin's Creed was"
"Wait, there's 12 separate ways I could've killed that guy? Wow, I must have missed a few things."
*scrolls furiously*
"There's how many loving maps?!? Nearly 30?"
"Holy poo poo, they're all that loving detailed"

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

webmeister posted:

So I finally found a game that's pulled me away from Elden Ring: the Hitman series. No idea how I've managed to sleep on these games for so long, but I've been having a complete blast with them.

I felt like that Vince Macmahon reaction gif getting progressively more and more impressed in my first few hours playing.

"Hey these first couple of training levels are neat, sneaking around and blasting fools - kind of what I wished Assassin's Creed was"
"Wait, there's 12 separate ways I could've killed that guy? Wow, I must have missed a few things."
*scrolls furiously*

It's a miracle the trilogy exists given how many publishers gave up on it, but well worth it. Especially getting it all in one upgraded package like this.

webmeister
Jan 31, 2007

The answer is, mate, because I want to do you slowly. There has to be a bit of sport in this for all of us. In the psychological battle stakes, we are stripped down and ready to go. I want to see those ashen-faced performances; I want more of them. I want to be encouraged. I want to see you squirm.
Yeah I realise what's on GamePass is essentially three games in one, but there's still a crazy amount of content there. I've actually found it quite incredible how natural each of the mission stories feels, like completing the assassination that way is the most obvious and logical way to do it. Then you follow a different story and that one feels like clearly the best choice. And so on.

And then you see "challenge: drop x in the shark tank" or whatever and it's like - there's a shark tank on this map?!

Zerot
Aug 18, 2006

Nuts and Gum posted:

Is the sequel worth picking up yet?

I got it at launch and thought it was pretty good. The movement mechanics are really fun.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Citizen Sleeper is... ok? Theres both a lot of time and a lot doodling around so theres not much pressure and then you can pretty easily unlock infinite food+repair material so theres no more pressure at all and money becomes meaningless. Its like a set of short story collections stitched together more than like a "game" so if the vibe isn't doing it for you after like 15 minutes just quit.

Tsietisin
Jul 2, 2004

Time passes quickly on the weekend.

I enjoyed my time playing Research & Destroy, but came across a broken combo of gadgets so the game became a breeze after that. I doubt I will go back to it.

John F Bennett
Jan 30, 2013

I always wear my wedding ring. It's my trademark.

Started up Trek to Yomi. It's pretty cool so far! Very cinematic.

Ineffiable
Feb 16, 2008

Some say that his politics are terrifying, and that he once punched a horse to the ground...

webmeister posted:

*scrolls furiously*

Yeah that's basically what hitman is about. Exploring these massive sandboxes and trying to find all the ways to accomplish your objectives.

Anyone that plays it to simply get the target kill and move on misses the whole point of this series.

It gets as deep as you want to make it. Fumble your way around the map/objectives for the first time. Start doing all mission stories. Start trying to do more challenges and level up your map mastery.

And then you can even go beyond and go for all the challenges, escalations and even compete for score.

CordlessPen
Jan 8, 2004

I told you so...
A little while ago I got the urge to play the older Burnout games (Takedown / Revenge) and after doing a little research, I ended up buying an old 360. I had some doubts, especially about Takedown, but it ended up working perfectly (although wifi is slow as hell), so now I'm going to keep a console around for just 2 games. I thought I'd ask: are there 360 games or backwards compatible XBox games worth digging out?

I noticed that Crackdown 1 was free on the XBox marketplace, and I'm looking for Mercenaries 1/2 (yeah, I liked Mercs 2), but I'm sure there are a lot of games that I missed back in the day!

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

yeah there’s loads. I got an Xbox One S to play old games basically. Have a look at the Xbox store , there’s always sales on back compat stuff and there’s loads on gamepass as well

wa27
Jan 15, 2007

CordlessPen posted:

A little while ago I got the urge to play the older Burnout games (Takedown / Revenge) and after doing a little research, I ended up buying an old 360. I had some doubts, especially about Takedown, but it ended up working perfectly (although wifi is slow as hell), so now I'm going to keep a console around for just 2 games. I thought I'd ask: are there 360 games or backwards compatible XBox games worth digging out?

I noticed that Crackdown 1 was free on the XBox marketplace, and I'm looking for Mercenaries 1/2 (yeah, I liked Mercs 2), but I'm sure there are a lot of games that I missed back in the day!

Skate 2 or 3.

ColdPie
Jun 9, 2006

Psychonauts 1 holds up.

butt dickus
Jul 7, 2007

top ten juiced up coaches
and the top ten juiced up players

ColdPie posted:

Psychonauts 1 holds up.
*boi-oi-oing* oh boy time to dig up some arrowheads, i just need 200 more! i have fond memories of the first one but 2 is so much better, all the charm but more fun to actually play

CV 64 Fan
Oct 13, 2012

It's pretty dope.
finally bought a series x. says it delivers within 2-3 days but gives me an estimated delivery date of 5/27?

mem
Sep 1, 2005

ColdPie posted:

Psychonauts 1 holds up.

I never played it the first time around and played it immediately after 2 and really enjoyed it even without having nostalgia.

I'm fine with double fine getting into some other projects but hope they make a third at some point.

barnold
Dec 16, 2011

what do u do when yuo're born to play fps? guess there's nothing left to do but play fps. boom headshot

Disposable Scud posted:

finally bought a series x. says it delivers within 2-3 days but gives me an estimated delivery date of 5/27?

delivery is not the same as shipping. it might take 2-3 days to deliver, but that's not necessarily how long until it is shipped from the warehouse

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

I want to say that when I ordered mine they gave me a delivery date like a month out and then it arrived within a few days.

RenegadeStyle1
Jun 7, 2005

Baby Come Back
I got my delivery date about 3 months out (this was like a month after it came out) and I ended up getting the console after about a month and a half.

acksplode
May 17, 2004

MS adding yet more Xboxy stuff to Windows, this time it's a controller-driven game launcher. https://blogs.windows.com/windows-insider/2022/05/05/windows-insiders-can-now-try-out-an-early-preview-of-controller-bar/ I already use a third-party app that's better at this sort of thing, but it's cool to see another sign that MS wants to make PC gaming more console-like.

RandolphCarter
Jul 30, 2005

Who else is affected by the outage and unable to play any of their games?

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
Is it gamepass only? I’m able to play purchased games just fine

RandolphCarter
Jul 30, 2005

I don’t know, I only have game pass games downloaded on my series s atm.

xK1
Dec 1, 2003

For me it's Gamepass and purchased games not launching. Haven't tried disc ones yet, but at this point I'll just wait until it's fixed.

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
Not having any problems here, guess it’s only out in certain regions

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF
I has a weird deal yesterday that Game Pass wouldn't recognize me and wanted me to huy a sub, but I could click through to the store and play from there. Don't know if it's working at all for me right now.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

thought I was the only one experiencing that. some games eventually let me in, and then others gave me a bogus "make sure gamepass is up to date / your internet is ok" even when other gamepass games worked fine/youtube worked.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Mine resolved itself

nom epique
Apr 24, 2022

by VideoGames
Probably sabotage from the Junkstation Fail crowd.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY posted:

The only problem is that it still somehow only runs at 30fps on Series S. Other than that Dying Light has been one hell of a ride.

edit: Actually it sounds like they fixed the framerate too so very nice stuff

https://mobile.twitter.com/DyingLightGame/status/1522275137038528512

Yep it’s 60 on Series S now.

I tried it on X last night and it looks and plays so much better than last gen.

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

Yeah. Plus with a high framerate and decently high camera sensitivity the motion blur is much easier to deal with.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

I played it on PS4 last gen and it was a nightmare, 30fps for a game like that is criminal

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

Yeah when you were standing still it could actually look pretty nice at times, but any kind of player movement immediately turned the screen into a mess.

Even something like GTAV is so much more bearable at 60fps.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Haptical Sales Slut
Mar 15, 2010

Age 18 to 49
Speaking of I drunkenly redownloaded rdr2 on my sx because I thought it would play at 60 for some reason. Ain’t nobody got time for that 30fps bullshit