Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

All your friends and foes,
they thought they knew ya,
but look who's in your heart now.
Oh gently caress yeah I'm looking forward to open queue. Hoping to kinda confirm how 131 and other comps feel with that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

Utility is seven-eighths Proximity.

Is there any reason not to just pick All Tanks?

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003
SOME REALLY TEDIOUS DUMB SHIT THAT SUCKS ASS TO READ ->>
well you need at least 1 lucio

Issaries
Sep 15, 2008

"At the end of the day
We are all human beings
My father once told me that
The world has no borders"

Herstory Begins Now posted:

well you need at least 1 lucio

Also not have 5 DPS mains.

It would be fun to troll the mode with a premade GOATS team though.

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

Video of the kick-buff in action :allears:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HGPCC8nO4bI

Issaries
Sep 15, 2008

"At the end of the day
We are all human beings

:nice:

Give all healers some CC.

Mercy? Guardian angel has knockback.
Bap? Healing grenades juggle enemies.
Moira? Orbs work as mini gravitons, pulling you along.

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

adhuin posted:

Bap? Healing grenades juggle enemies.

Bap's super jump should have knockback :eng101:

Issaries
Sep 15, 2008

"At the end of the day
We are all human beings

And Goomba stomp!

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

It's a shame that more of the wacky poo poo from the experimental cards didn't make it into OW2

Issaries
Sep 15, 2008

"At the end of the day
We are all human beings

Is there any guide to 'fix' the aim to be same in OW2 as it is in OW1.

It feels like I'm flicking constantly too much or something.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That was pretty intense, huh?

Gravitas Shortfall posted:

Bap's super jump should have knockback :eng101:

adhuin posted:

And Goomba stomp!

This would own so hard, I want it please.

Does Brig's shield bash knockback? If not, it should. Also put it on a 1 second cool down or something lol.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

They shouldn't have attached roles to heroes.

DoctorJones
Apr 28, 2003

Fortune and Glory.

teagone posted:

Does Brig's shield bash knockback? If not, it should. Also put it on a 1 second cool down or something lol.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

Haha, sweet.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Oh man Zen looks fun to play now.

socialsecurity
Aug 30, 2003

Haven't tried the beta maps yet but how are the holes, my favorite part of Overwatch is knocking dudes into holes and it seems at some point they stopped putting as many in maps.

Issaries
Sep 15, 2008

"At the end of the day
We are all human beings

socialsecurity posted:

Haven't tried the beta maps yet but how are the holes, my favorite part of Overwatch is knocking dudes into holes and it seems at some point they stopped putting as many in maps.

Not good. 3 of the maps have edge-drop, on edges that rarely see any action. the 4th map, New York is holefree.
There's still plenty of highgrounds booping for tactical purposes.

Astrochicken
Aug 13, 2007

So you better go back to your bars, your temples
Your massage parlors!

that railgun looks like a sick proper successor to quake 2's railgun

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

Just played a few matches as Brig. Her shield bash really is satisfying now. Needs a lower cooldown though, I wanna knock back fools every other second lol.

DoctorJones
Apr 28, 2003

Fortune and Glory.
still hilarious after all these years how pubbies slam pick widow and hanzo in open queue.

imagine dungeons
Jan 24, 2008

Like an arrow, I was only passing through.
Seems like the best place to pick them if you want to practice, tbh.

Ryaath
Apr 8, 2003

Are there any good Winston OW streamers (that still play OW)?

puppy party
Sep 21, 2008

Ryaath posted:

Are there any good Winston OW streamers (that still play OW)?

Flats plays a good monkey but he doesn’t necessarily main him in every game, if that’s what you’re looking for. He’s really a Rein main that plays monkey on specific maps.

Joan
Mar 28, 2021

Love when I have to be reassured that a sequel will be different

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Joan posted:

Love when I have to be reassured that a sequel will be different

it's funny that they didn't even try and give it any positive angle. " It's Different" Motherfucker you realize they couldn't loving sell ibuprofen with that pitch? See any Nuprin commercials lately?

Good Will Hrunting
Oct 8, 2012

I changed my mind.
I'm not sorry.
Why would WaPo have to give it any positive angle? And furthermore, who cares

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Good Will Hrunting posted:

I was assuming they were just being fed poo poo from a comms guy's rear end.

Regarding the game though, I'd rather see more world kill stuff and more tanks/support being given knockback abilities.

FAUXTON fucked around with this message at 07:24 on May 7, 2022

Sakara123
Dec 10, 2019

The Big Chungus

FAUXTON posted:

I was assuming they were just being fed poo poo from a comms guy's rear end.

Regarding the game though, I'd rather see more world kill stuff and more tanks/support being given knockback abilities.

Imma have to respectfully decline. I already get juggled by a dozen heroes when tanking, I'd rather not double that.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Sakara123 posted:

Imma have to respectfully decline. I already get juggled by a dozen heroes when tanking, I'd rather not double that.

Tanks should get a passive that reduces knockback because they're tanks and they really should thin out how much area CC they give to DPS in general, but they're shackled to the hope of esports so that means big dps teamkills and sick boops

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

FAUXTON posted:

Tanks should get a passive that reduces knockback because they're tanks

Good news, they do

Sakara123
Dec 10, 2019

The Big Chungus

Gravitas Shortfall posted:

Good news, they do

Sure doesn't feel like it lately lmao. It's especially noticeable playing hog and trying to get some spicy hooks. Honestly I think it feels significantly better on smaller (i.e most dps heroes) than tanks because of their ridiculously large hitboxes. Even things like D.va thrusters have a tendency to hit you with some knockback when you shouldn't be.

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

Sakara123 posted:

Sure doesn't feel like it lately lmao. It's especially noticeable playing hog and trying to get some spicy hooks. Honestly I think it feels significantly better on smaller (i.e most dps heroes) than tanks because of their ridiculously large hitboxes. Even things like D.va thrusters have a tendency to hit you with some knockback when you shouldn't be.

Oh I meant in OW2. All tanks have OW1 Rein's knockback reduction.

urea
Aug 18, 2013

I don't like that they buffed Sojourn by making her railgun really easy to aim, but I guess that's just The Overwatch Way... It makes it so you're now strongly incentivized to build up charge by shooting at a tank, and then take a free shot on a backline squishy, de-emphasizing doing left click damage on targets you actually intend to kill.

urea fucked around with this message at 10:43 on May 7, 2022

Father Wendigo
Sep 28, 2005
This is, sadly, more important to me than bettering myself.

Still no word on the PvE? Like, not even a comment on the contents of the King's Row datamine from a few weeks ago?

Good Will Hrunting posted:

WaPo began chasing after Bloomberg-style clickbait revenue a short time after Bezos bought it, and ABK still needs to sell itself to Microsoft.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

I hope they do a PvE beta.

[edit]

urea posted:

I don't like that they buffed Sojourn by making her railgun really easy to aim, but I guess that's just The Overwatch Way... It makes it so you're now strongly incentivized to build up charge by shooting at a tank, and then take a free shot on a backline squishy, de-emphasizing doing left click damage on targets you actually intend to kill.

Maybe I'm playing her wrong, but more often than not I tend to hit right click on the same traget that I'm already spamming even if the rail gun isn't full charged to either try for a killshot or just do a bigger chunk of damage. If I'm poking from a distance, that's usually the only time I'll let the railgun charge to 100. But otherwise, mid-range to close engagements I'm almost always hitting M2 on the same target I'm shooting at with M1 (and missing, lol).

teagone fucked around with this message at 14:29 on May 7, 2022

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003
SOME REALLY TEDIOUS DUMB SHIT THAT SUCKS ASS TO READ ->>
Does seem like maybe the time to mention some deets about PVE was when they had 1.5 million people very briefly paying attention to the game again

Megazver
Jan 13, 2006

Herstory Begins Now posted:

Does seem like maybe the time to mention some deets about PVE was when they had 1.5 million people very briefly paying attention to the game again

Twitch Overwatch 2 stats:

Peak: 212K. Current: 1.8K

Lol.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
the peak was because of the twitch giveaway its a pretty meaningless number in this gamer's humble opin

Arzachel
May 12, 2012
Blizzard asked people to stream on the OW1 category so the OW2 is barely used besides the first few days

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kedo
Nov 27, 2007

Excuses aside, there seems to be very little interest in this game. Every online gaming community I keep track of has middling levels of OW2 discussion, especially when compared to other recent AAA betas in recent memory.

Anecdotally, I’ve talked to a few people about it who loved OW1 at launch, and the universal response is, “they’re making a sequel?”