Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

moths
Aug 25, 2004

I would also still appreciate some danger.

Hopefully we'll get reprints of the BSF expansions.

Goddamnit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yeast
Dec 25, 2006

$1900 Grande Latte
Can’t wait for the vehicle reveals for Ash Wastes. I’m hoping each of the core gangs get something. I want to see what a Delaque vehicle looks like.

Plus an enforcer taurox thing would be awesome

AnEdgelord
Dec 12, 2016
Cawdor will have a sled pulled by a swarm of rats

Nebalebadingdong
Jun 30, 2005

i made a video game.
why not give it a try!?

AnEdgelord posted:

finally, more skaven minis

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde
redemptionists riding rat ogres

Genghis Cohen
Jun 29, 2013

Cease to Hope posted:

this internal imbalance is also why a bunch of the non-standard gangs aren't very good, because their champions are balanced with the gangers. this is one of the main problems of genestealer cults, for example.

Yes, exactly. I've been playing Palanite Enforcers recently, their Sgts are probably a step above GSC champs but below the rest (they have 2W, but only 1A and the same WS/BS as their patrolmen). And they're limited to 2 per gang. Champs were (in the 2017 release) limited to 2 at gang creation, and you could add more for every full 10 Reputation your Gang accrued. So you could have 3 Champs at 10-19 Rep, 4 at 20-29 Rep etc. That sort of fell by the wayside. Right now, most gangs can take as many champs as they want, as long as Leader+Champs is a lower number of models than Gangers+Juves+Prospects. And that's pretty drat forgiving. The optimum gang of 10 models is probably a Leader, 4 champs, and 5 others depending on what gang you are. Given that many scenarios feature a limited crew of say 3+D3 models, this lets you stack your crews with powerful champions. That can be fun as a player, but it has a distorting effect on the game when the 2W guys with skills and fancy weapons are the norm, not occasional key models.

I would advise any Arbitrator to put some sort of guidance/limit on champion numbers instead of the core rules version.

Yeast posted:

Can’t wait for the vehicle reveals for Ash Wastes. I’m hoping each of the core gangs get something. I want to see what a Delaque vehicle looks like.

Plus an enforcer taurox thing would be awesome

I'm expecting at a minimum details of their 'book of the wastes' type thing with generic vehicle rules. God knows how they'll do unique gang releases, maybe spread out over a while. As well as the Ridge Hauler, the Ash Wastes book uses an example profile for an Ash Rig, which might be a further generic release?

Tardscream
Nov 3, 2007

Funny as hell, it was the most horrible thing I could think of.

AnEdgelord posted:

I'm hoping they'll go more like the mutant's ride from that treehouse of horror episode.

Just missing the budget eyes wide shut masks.

Genestealer cults should get into their limo again Geedub u cowards.

Tardscream fucked around with this message at 11:00 on May 6, 2022

Hihohe
Oct 4, 2008

Fuck you and the sun you live under

Tardscream posted:

I'm hoping they'll go more like the mutant's ride from that treehouse of horror episode.

Just missing the budget eyes wide shut masks.

Genestealer cults should get into their limo again Geedub u cowards.

Thats really actually close to the Pulpitek, Clovis the Redeemers ride.

Hihohe
Oct 4, 2008

https://twitter.com/WarComTeam/status/1522613651093471232?t=QpzxLWFtdH_dbTIsx9XC_Q&s=19

Hihohe
Oct 4, 2008

Dang i was off, i was sure theyd do more vehicles but squat gang is good too

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN
That chaos gladiator centaur thing fuckin rules

moths
Aug 25, 2004

I would also still appreciate some danger.

moths posted:

Hopefully we'll get reprints of the BSF expansions.

Goddamnit.

Chaos Commissar and Ogryn were close!

Floppychop
Mar 30, 2012

Did they mention what the base size for that centaur is?

I'm itching to get a Chaos Dwarf BB team off the ground and that model would be pretty cool for their bull centaurs.

Desfore
Jun 8, 2011

Confirmed at least one furry on the Smash team
Just realized we didn't get any info on the Cursed City reprint/expansions. I guess that'll take quite a bit longer than expected (2023?)

Nancy
Nov 23, 2005

Young Orc
I say this with a heavy heart as someone who violently loves dorfs:

I'm not feelin the new squats at all. Maybe it's the paint job or something.

Indolent Bastard
Oct 26, 2007

I WON THIS AMAZING AVATAR! I'M A WINNER! WOOOOO!

Charles Get-Out posted:

I say this with a heavy heart as someone who violently loves dorfs:

No, it's the models. They aren't very good.

Lumbermouth
Mar 6, 2008

GREG IS BIG NOW

Yeah I feel like taking the Squat rules and using Forge Fathers Steel Warriors as the models is the way to go. Even if they aren't up to GW detail standards, they're like $30 a box.

Hihohe
Oct 4, 2008

I dunno i like thier big doofy helmets

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
The helmet is especially silly looking.

^^ we should fite now

nostrata
Apr 27, 2007

They are especially silly. But I find that hilarious. I like them.

Desfore
Jun 8, 2011

Confirmed at least one furry on the Smash team
I'm fine with the helmets, but I kinda don't like some of the (partial) faces underneath. Maybe it's the paintjob edge-highlighting everything too sharply, but the ones without beards have such pronounced jowls, it just looks weird to me.

smug jeebus
Oct 26, 2008
I dig 'em.

Crackbone
May 23, 2003

Vlaada is my co-pilot.

Floppychop posted:

I'm itching to get a Chaos Dwarf BB team off the ground and that model would be pretty cool for their bull centaurs.

There's a big market for third party BB teams, crazy quality stuff. They are pricey but still less than kitbashing a team from GW models.
https://www.greebo-games.com/35478-dwarvageddoom-helmet.html

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

Crackbone posted:

There's a big market for third party BB teams, crazy quality stuff. They are pricey but still less than kitbashing a team from GW models.
https://www.greebo-games.com/35478-dwarvageddoom-helmet.html

i like the couple of pi'rates skaven blood bowl teams punga miniatures has up

mostly i was sold by the dive suit rat ogre. the guy smoking a pipe on the field is great too and there's a guy in a bowler

LashLightning
Feb 20, 2010

You know you didn't have to go post that, right?
But it's fine, I guess...

You just keep being you!

Floppychop posted:

They were saying it was a really big model on the stream, considering the size of the skulls. Looks like it would be difficult to balance it on a 40mm round.

Charles Get-Out posted:

They did say that these were off-shoots of the Leagues of Votann, so these shouldn't be all that much reflective of the 'squats' elsewhere in the galaxy. These are scrap-scavenging, immigrant-conclave Squats, not League of Votann with all the latest old-person-powered supercomputer technology.

Crackbone
May 23, 2003

Vlaada is my co-pilot.

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

i like the couple of pi'rates skaven blood bowl teams punga miniatures has up
mostly i was sold by the dive suit rat ogre. the guy smoking a pipe on the field is great too and there's a guy in a bowler

Unfortunately they are really out of scale if you buy them from Punga, they're the same height as humans and significantly bulkier. I'm not that picky about scale creep but it was way too noticable.

mllaneza
Apr 28, 2007

Veteran, Bermuda Triangle Expeditionary Force, 1993-1952

I like the skulls on the squat armor. Skulls with bloody great beards.

Moola
Aug 16, 2006

hah!

War and Pieces
Apr 24, 2022

DID NOT VOTE FOR FETTERMAN
It's definitely the paint job. These lik guys are crying out for an Old hammer scheme but they painted them to be similar to the nuSquats' boring space suits

Eediot Jedi
Dec 25, 2007

This is where I begin to speculate what being a
man of my word costs me

The new kill team chaos dudes look sick. Phobos armour is disgusting, eat poo poo space marine havers.

Rip to my dreams of a second compendium with new updated teams.

Eediot Jedi
Dec 25, 2007

This is where I begin to speculate what being a
man of my word costs me

Re Necromunda squats, get third party bare arms and paint them all like Juggernaut.

chin up everything sucks
Jan 29, 2012

Doing up my squats a the Deep Rock Galactic - Necromunda Branch.

Can I get a 'Rock and Stone' everybody?

Lumpy
Apr 26, 2002

La! La! La! Laaaa!

College Slice

chin up everything sucks posted:

Doing up my squats a the Deep Rock Galactic - Necromunda Branch.

Can I get a 'Rock and Stone' everybody?

:perfect:

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

Hihohe posted:

I dunno i like thier big doofy helmets

I like em but they look better either with a beard poking out or the full face cover

Squibsy
Dec 3, 2005

Not suited, just booted.
College Slice
Those Necro squats are going to be EXTREMELY annoying to fight. Heavy armour, presumably high toughness/wounds, and hi-tech weapons. My group already hates Van Saar, these are probably going to be worse

War and Pieces
Apr 24, 2022

Squibsy posted:

Those Necro squats are going to be EXTREMELY annoying to fight. Heavy armour, presumably high toughness/wounds, and hi-tech weapons. My group already hates Van Saar, these are probably going to be worse

The smart move is to run one of the gangs that is effectively a suicide cult

Nancy
Nov 23, 2005

Young Orc

LashLightning posted:

They did say that these were off-shoots of the Leagues of Votann, so these shouldn't be all that much reflective of the 'squats' elsewhere in the galaxy. These are scrap-scavenging, immigrant-conclave Squats, not League of Votann with all the latest old-person-powered supercomputer technology.

Word, but I wasn't super impressed by the Votann troop or trike either. All the new space dorfs are giving me Sontaran vibes .

I liked that one photoshop that put the ad mech robot on the Votann trike though, good potential for kitbashes.

Bored Online
May 25, 2009

We don't need Rome telling us what to do.
The new killteam box reveal has me questioning something from the compendium. I am new to the game, and have only played with explicitly killteam units.

In compendium, it looks like infiltrators can only take five models to make a killteam, but the promo pictures have ten models. Is there something I am missing?

War and Pieces
Apr 24, 2022

Bored Online posted:

The new killteam box reveal has me questioning something from the compendium. I am new to the game, and have only played with explicitly killteam units.

In compendium, it looks like infiltrators can only take five models to make a killteam, but the promo pictures have ten models. Is there something I am missing?

Compendium teams are sometimes made of two smaller sub teams for example 3 Tyranid Warriors and 5 Genestealers, idk if this is the case with marines tho

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beerdeer
Apr 25, 2006

Frank Herbert's Dude
The Chaos Legionnaires box makes 10 dudes but you can only take six or seven total. You have to decide which models to put in the list.