Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.
Fun little easter egg, the hospital shown in the after credits thing was the "Sienkiewicz Psychiatric Hospital"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Assepoester
Jul 18, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Melman v2

Scaramouche posted:

The lack of helicopter is also why Thanos sucked

Opopanax posted:

Yeah but they retconned it back in

https://i.imgur.com/zRMHYuN.mp4

muscles like this! posted:

Watching this week's Superman & Lois and it is funny how they fully committed to the Bizarro-world concept by actually doing the cube Earth.
So much better than what smallville was willing to do

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
strange 2 bringing in captain carter and moon knight has a better falcon, Sam Wilson just can't catch a break

site fucked around with this message at 19:03 on May 4, 2022

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Can we not openly spoil movies that aren't even out yet in threads that aren't even about the movies?

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
they released the captain carter trailer a week ago

it was posted here

site fucked around with this message at 19:04 on May 4, 2022

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

OnimaruXLR posted:

The Moon Knight finale was mostly good, but did suffer a bit from the Loki "We're more concerned about setting up season 2 than providing a satisfying ending" thing. I do think it's my favorite Marvel Studios TV thing, all said and done.

Agreed. Even though it is kind of setting up for the future, so far it feels like one of the first things they've done in a long time that can stand on its own rather than relying on prior knowledge of the MCU or without a bunch of callbacks/references to other stuff.

(that said I'm disappointed that we didn't get to see Jake's version of the suit/his POV of the final battle but I guess that's a season 2 and/or future movie appearance thing)

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
A bit of a hot take but I binged through batwoman s3 and actually liked it. It gave me what I wanted most, the Alice arc...and the Ryan and Sophie will they won't they. Though I thought it did Alice a little dirty there at the end

Also if I'm being brutally honest I didn't like the Pamela actress all that much

site fucked around with this message at 05:51 on May 5, 2022

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

TwoPair posted:

Agreed. Even though it is kind of setting up for the future, so far it feels like one of the first things they've done in a long time that can stand on its own rather than relying on prior knowledge of the MCU or without a bunch of callbacks/references to other stuff.

(that said I'm disappointed that we didn't get to see Jake's version of the suit/his POV of the final battle but I guess that's a season 2 and/or future movie appearance thing)

If episode 1 of season 2 isn't the blackout fight scenes I'm going to riot.

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him.
This Oscar Isaac fellow has a real future ahead of him. Someone put this man in a feature film!

SlimGoodbody
Oct 20, 2003

Am I seeing things or do the Moon Knight end credits show three different versions of the costume; 2nd is Mark's, 3rd is Stephen's, but for a moment I swear the 1st one is this creepy grinning mummy thing

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

Utility is seven-eighths Proximity.

SlimGoodbody posted:

Am I seeing things or do the Moon Knight end credits show three different versions of the costume; 2nd is Mark's, 3rd is Stephen's, but for a moment I swear the 1st one is this creepy grinning mummy thing

Does look like it

:unsmigghh:

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
I was kinda hoping the 3rd would be the black and white costume from the comics, to show the darkness in Jake.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

Gravitas Shortfall posted:

Does look like it

Bold move from Disney to crossover the MCU over with My Hero Academia.

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

Does look like it

Universal dark universe crossover looks tight.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Does look like it

I'm da Moon Joker, baby

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

The Strange Tale of Mark Spector

BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

There is no homosexual terrorist Johnny Silverhand
I’m not going to be able to get over the avatar of a hippo goddess having falcon wings and being called a scarab

theironjef
Aug 11, 2009

The archmage of unexpected stinks.

Having a mummy Moon Knight show up on the Werewolf by Night special would be fantastic. Isn't Frankenstein's monster like Elsa Bloodstone's butler or something in the MCU too?

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

BrianWilly posted:

I’m not going to be able to get over the avatar of a hippo goddess having falcon wings and being called a scarab

To be fair, not like Moon Knight's costume exactly screams "bird"

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Taweret is just nice and knew a hippo costume wouldn't be cool.

SonicRulez
Aug 6, 2013

GOTTA GO FIST
I enjoyed Moon Knight. Am I mistaken or was there truly like...no reference to any other MCU project at all? Not even Blade.

Mameluke
Aug 2, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Black Panther got referenced when Taweret mentioned the ancestral plane but yeah

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

BrianWilly posted:

Have you seen Egyptian art? They jam all kinds of stuff together.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Mameluke posted:

Black Panther got referenced when Taweret mentioned the ancestral plane but yeah

They also name dropped Madripor at some point. But yeah aside from a few references it seemed entirely stand alone.

ilikedirt
Oct 15, 2004

king of posting

SonicRulez posted:

I enjoyed Moon Knight. Am I mistaken or was there truly like...no reference to any other MCU project at all? Not even Blade.

There were a few background references to kang the conqueror and some other posters and stuff that definitely places this in the mcu.

Word on the street is they cut a lot of the connective tissue from the show for whatever reason including a cameo by blade

theironjef
Aug 11, 2009

The show runner also wanted to work in a whole scene featuring an Alexander the Great era Moon Knight fighting alongside Kingo(and maybe some other Eternals) since they are friends with Kumail Nanjiani but apparently it was just too expensive to do a full ancient Egypt recreation.

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

theironjef posted:

Alexander the Great era Moon Knight fighting alongside Kingo

I love this dumb comic media universe

Sanschel
Aug 9, 2002

There’s also some background stuff with the GRC logo which places it post-Endgame.

StumblyWumbly
Sep 12, 2007

Batmanticore!

ilikedirt posted:

There were a few background references to kang the conqueror

I completely missed this, what was it?

Mameluke
Aug 2, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
One of the muggers from episode 3 has a Rama-Tut icon spraypainted on his jacket

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
i was thinking how impressive it was that they took a one comic villain and made him into a good series long one. MK has probably fought a bunch of those. There aren't that many ancient Egyptian theme villains in Marvel are there? Besides one of Kangs personas theres living Monolith and, uh?

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I'm not overly familiar with Moon Knight comics or any of his enemies or mythology but it does seem like the avatars of the other Egyption gods is a pretty natural foundation to build off of.

Barry the Sprout
Jan 12, 2001

twistedmentat posted:

i was thinking how impressive it was that they took a one comic villain and made him into a good series long one. MK has probably fought a bunch of those. There aren't that many ancient Egyptian theme villains in Marvel are there? Besides one of Kangs personas theres living Monolith and, uh?

Apocolypse. Now who has he been played by?

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008
THE HATE CRIME DEFENDER HAS LOGGED ON

Barry the Sprout posted:

Apocolypse. Now who has he been played by?

Marc's original alter

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Bush master got a name drop at least, so they may use him later. Probably the closest thing he has to a nemesis

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

The scarlet letter was her passport into regions where other women dared not tread. Shame, Despair, Solitude! These had been her teachers, stern and wild ones, and they had made her strong, but taught her much amiss.
Clapping Larry

STAC Goat posted:

I'm not overly familiar with Moon Knight comics or any of his enemies or mythology but it does seem like the avatars of the other Egyption gods is a pretty natural foundation to build off of.

Sphinx and if a Nova movie is coming up, he'd be a good choice.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

There's also Midnight Man, and I don't know if he appeared in later stuff but Morpheus was probably the best villain of the Moench/Sienkiewicz era. He'd be even better against the MCU Moon Knight since dreams and playing with reality would be an extra mindfuck for a guy who already has trouble keeping things straight.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

One thing that kind of jumped out about Moon Knight is that I love that we're at the point where Egyptian Gods are real and Moon Knight is magic and nobody tries to justify or demystify that, it's just how it is :dealwithit:

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Egyptian gods, immortal aliens mistaken for deities, magic dragons from another universe, witches. The gates are open in Phase 4. The multiverse is comparatively kinda "meh".

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

theironjef
Aug 11, 2009

Opopanax posted:

Bush master got a name drop at least, so they may use him later. Probably the closest thing he has to a nemesis

Bushman. Bushmaster is that Jamaican villain from season 2 of Luke Cage.

Now I really want a conflict to arrive between Bushman, Bushmaster, and Forbush Man.

Oh and there's also Stained Glass Scarlet, she's a villain for Moon Knight, right?

theironjef fucked around with this message at 02:32 on May 8, 2022