Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

Forseti posted:

I learned last year that they actually built little canary resuscitation oxygen chambers to revive the birbs :3:

https://blog.scienceandindustrymuseum.org.uk/canary-resuscitator/

That's adorable and gives you a look at people who you usually only hear bad poo poo about

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WrasslorMonkey
Mar 5, 2012

Shear Modulus posted:

You should just get one of these

I wonder if this would make my back/neck problems worse or better. Probably worse.

icantfindaname
Jul 1, 2008

What have people’s immune responses been to fourth shots? Significant fever like with the first three shots or no?

Apr 7, 2003

Shear Modulus posted:

You can just wake up and walk fifteen or thirty feet to your desk and sit in a chair, you know. It ain't hard.

WrasslorMonkey
Mar 5, 2012

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud posted:

You can just wake up and walk fifteen or thirty feet to your desk and sit in a chair, you know. It ain't hard.

Says you, rear end in a top hat.

Shiroc
May 16, 2009

Sorry I'm late

Shear Modulus posted:

Toilet not built in, 0 stars

Apr 7, 2003

WrasslorMonkey posted:

Says you, rear end in a top hat.

You can also sit upright and maybe walk to the refrigerator downstairs for your energy drinks. You won't die.

Kreeblah
May 17, 2004

INSERT QUACK TO CONTINUE

Taco Defender

icantfindaname posted:

What have people’s immune responses been to fourth shots? Significant fever like with the first three shots or no?

First shot was almost nothing.
Second shot destroyed me (I could barely walk for a month).
Third and fourth shots were like the first shot.

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb
You don't need a bed desk until you've had covid at least twice.

Apr 7, 2003

There was a thing about how Steve Wozniak likes prism glasses so he can lay on his back and watch a movie without raising his head and I've never hated anyone quite so much as I hated him then.

Shiroc
May 16, 2009

Sorry I'm late

Salt Fish posted:

You don't need a bed desk until you've had covid at least twice.

Where is every elementary school going to find funding for that before next winter?

biceps crimes
Apr 12, 2008

is it worth risking Covid to get sterilized as a lady right now? asking for a friend

HazCat
May 4, 2009

icantfindaname posted:

Shots 1 and 2 were Pfizer - no side effects at all except a slightly sore arm (equivalent to a bad bruise, not enough to be uncomfortable sleeping on that side).

Shot 3 was a full strength Moderna - significantly worse arm pain, then mild flu symptoms for the next two days (fatigue, fever, nausea). Nothing major, but enough to count as 'feeling sick'.

Shot 4 was Pfizer again - back to no side effects except a slightly sore arm.

Definitely getting Pfizer again for shot 5 unless a new variant shot is out by then :lol: absolutely no chance there will be. Maybe in time for shot 6

Internet Janitor
May 17, 2008

"That isn't the appropriate trash receptacle."

There was a thing about how Steve Wozniak likes prism glasses so he can lay on his back and watch a movie without raising his head and I've never hated anyone quite so much as I hated him then.

apparently one of his favorite "pranks" was to purchase sheets of uncut $20 bills from the treasury and pay for things by cutting an uneven polygon out of the sheet which contained the correct number of bills in front of the sales clerk

nexous
Jan 14, 2003

I just want to be pure

Internet Janitor posted:

apparently one of his favorite "pranks" was to purchase sheets of uncut $20 bills from the treasury and pay for things by cutting an uneven polygon out of the sheet which contained the correct number of bills in front of the sales clerk

what a chad

skooma512
Feb 8, 2012

You couldn't grok my race car, but you dug the roadside blur.

Thats sounds like a good way to get motion sick lol.

Internet Janitor posted:

The treasury will let you do that? I mean yeah he's rich and by definition can do what he wants, but I would figure that's just not option available to anyone, if only because they're just going to cut right after to making the sheet.

Internet Janitor
May 17, 2008

I suspect that the treasury would let you do that in the 80s and don't anymore, in no small part thanks to woz

he also said that the sheets cost extra, above face value, to buy uncut

WrasslorMonkey
Mar 5, 2012

You can also sit upright and maybe walk to the refrigerator downstairs for your energy drinks. You won't die.

Mods? We really gonna allow this level of disinfo ITT?

ThatBasqueGuy
Feb 14, 2013

someone introduce jojo to lazyb

Internet Janitor posted:

I suspect that the treasury would let you do that in the 80s and don't anymore, in no small part thanks to woz

gotta make up for the deficit caused by penny production somehow

Dog Case
Oct 7, 2003

Heeelp meee... prevent wildfires
No you can just buy uncut sheets of money

https://catalog.usmint.gov/paper-currency/uncut-currency/

Stevie Lee
Oct 8, 2007
having no taste/smell is so loving weird and frustrating. drinking some cranberry juice right now and i can sense the tartness but nothing else

Internet Janitor
May 17, 2008

be the woz you wish to see in the world

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

This is what the gaming bed people say:

quote:

When you wake up, you go from your bed to your desk. But why is that simple action such a pain to do? Bauhutte has come up with a solution to that problem with the Gaming Bed. The adjustable headboard adds storage space near your pillow and the bed desk can be attached to the foot of a single-sized bed. Gaming, watching anime, sleeping… You can do everything important to gamers in one place. By combining two large pieces of furniture,a bed and a desk, you will have more space in your room.

Apr 7, 2003

Internet Janitor posted:

I appreciate the man's technical acumen but if a sales clerk shot him for doing this poo poo it would be completely fine with me

Apr 7, 2003

Shear Modulus posted:

This is what the gaming bed people say:

Crippling Depression As a Service

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

what happens if you cut the money unevenly and you end up with an irregularly sized bill that anyone who sees it will think it's counterfeit

Internet Janitor
May 17, 2008

Shear Modulus posted:

what happens if you cut the money unevenly and you end up with an irregularly sized bill that anyone who sees it will think it's counterfeit

the technical term is "economic inequality"

Dog Case
Oct 7, 2003

Heeelp meee... prevent wildfires

Shear Modulus posted:

You're supposed to frame it and hang it on the wall because capitalism fucks you up so bad that you just want to gaze at money like it's art

https://twitter.com/dasharez0ne/status/1522682630147350531

fosborb
Dec 15, 2006

Chronic Good Poster

Internet Janitor posted:

You can order uncut currency by writing to:

U.S. Bureau of
Engraving and Printing
Mail Order Sales,
Room 515 M
14th and C Streets, SW
Washington, D.C., 20028

or by calling

(202) 874-3316
(7:30 a.m. to 4:00 p.m., Monday-Friday).

blatman
May 10, 2009

14 inc dont mez

goon project: convince iron crowned to pull an entire sheet of dollar bills out of his wallet, unfold it and stuff the entire thing into a strippers thong

MLK Ultra
Mar 9, 2021

wtf if this envado bullshit.

they didn't even use a beat that slaps.

( <3.)

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

Here's the thing, I'm a feminist.

blatman posted:

goon project: convince iron crowned to pull an entire sheet of dollar bills out of his wallet, unfold it and stuff the entire thing into a strippers thong

the sheet is folded perfectly along the lines in a zig-zag fashion and rolled up with a rubber band, the prank comes later that night when the dancer is cashing out and then the second prank comes when she describes iron crowned's face well enough to the security staff that he is no longer permitted at that eatery

Why Am I So Tired
Sep 28, 2021

MLK Ultra posted:

wtf if this envado bullshit.

they didn't even use a beat that slaps.

( <3.)

Yours are infinitely better and should be playing 24/7 on tv.

Apr 7, 2003

My covid mullet is working out. Just glad I can grow hair in my forties.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
Someone found a company selling 3M 9210+ in quantities of twenty.

quote:

Please note: We receive 3M 9210+ respirators in 240 loose piece bulk carton. Occasionally, the bulk cartons are damaged beyond reshipment. We repackage these in zip-lock bags, 20 respirators per bag.

These are the same genuine 3M respirators still in their inner-seal bags and undamaged. We do not have the OSHA/NIOSA notice enclosed with these. We have occasionally offer these bags that we can ship immediately. Backorders are not assured.

They also have the D9093 hard case P100 filters for Secure Click respirators and the usual stuff like 7093B for the bayonet mount. Shipping is about fifteen dollars.

Seems to be legit. They’re on 3M’s website as a distributor, but selling “loosies” this is a grey market activity and they say they only do it to damaged cartons, so don’t expect to be able to order anything less than a case next week.

Shiroc
May 16, 2009

Sorry I'm late

My covid mullet is working out. Just glad I can grow hair in my forties.

looks like you're contemplating Roberto Clemente

I bet he'd understand the importance of masking and would be hand delivering n95s around the world

Apr 7, 2003

Shiroc posted:

looks like you're contemplating Roberto Clemente

I bet he'd understand the importance of masking and would be hand delivering n95s around the world

correct. A more just world than we live in

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Internet Janitor posted:

The uncut sheet prank was stupid, but the one where he took a big stack of crisp bills and applied the type of glue used to make rip‐off notepads on one edge them was cool.

Why Am I So Tired
Sep 28, 2021
I asked my idiot friend if he's at least wearing N95's whenever he goes out and got "u mean ur gasmask?" as a response, so the public health messaging is going great and I don't even know if I'm being sarcastic.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jokerpilled Drudge
Jan 27, 2010

by Pragmatica
romantic partner just vetoed the gaming bed... i dont know where to go from here