Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Doll House Ghost
Jun 18, 2011

McVegan™ and a passionfruit sundae deluxe from McD. I hate the itty bitty garbage shredded salad McDonalds puts in their burgers, it gets everywhere. The passionfruit sundae was freaking DELICIOUS though, I'm gonna be sad when it gets pulled.

My partner got "Tokyo BBQ Veggie" special burg of the month and it was hot garbage. Tokyo BBQ apparently means extreme amounts of smoke aroma with a hint of yuzu. Bad bad bad.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

D34THROW
Jan 29, 2012

RETAIL RETAIL LISTEN TO ME BITCH ABOUT RETAIL
:rant:
2 plates at a Chinese buffet. Mediocre beef pie, decent chicken teriyaki, 2 helpings of Mac and cheese, a chinese donut, a scallop, some other things.

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993
a bunch of hard seltzers and a big thing of deli mac & cheese (only thing i ate all day)

Gambit from the X-Men
May 12, 2001

a war boy standing alone in the desert blasting his mouth with cum from a dildo

Chicken with herbes de provence, rice done in beef stock, and mushrooms sauteed in the chicken fat

we didn't have arborio and I'm too exhausted for risotto today anyway

pro starcraft loser
Jan 23, 2006

Stand back, this could get messy.

EightFlyingCars posted:

it took all drat day but i put together falafel with pita bread and tahini garlic sauce all from scratch

it was pretty good but yeah i'm just gonna order it in next time

Looks like you crushed it!

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

Gambit from the X-Men posted:

Chicken with herbes de provence, rice done in beef stock, and mushrooms sauteed in the chicken fat

we didn't have arborio and I'm too exhausted for risotto today anyway

I'd let that happen

runchild
May 26, 2010

420 smoke 🎨artisanal🍑 melange erryday

Tortellini with homemade alfredo and homemade garlic toast. It was okay. Room for improvement.

gleebster
Dec 16, 2006

Only a howler
Pillbug
More leftover risotto, but this time with creamed spinach.

nexous
Jan 14, 2003

I just want to be pure
Not sure which goon posted this recipe but cheers

https://www.eatwell101.com/creamy-garlic-tuscan-salmon-recipe

So fuckin good. Skin was crisp, added a basil leaf on top to keep the hot oil basting. Sauce was incredible on farfelle pasta.

A+ will make agai.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
That's the biggest piece of basil I've ever seen.

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here

Pennywise the Frown posted:

It's actually a taiwanese miniature salmon.

Very rare.

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe
[quote="Pennywise the Frown" post="523131151"]
[/qoute]

They get pretty huge if you fertilize them properly, put them in full sun, and keep them trim. The larger leaves start to yellow before the others, though.

nexous
Jan 14, 2003

I just want to be pure
We grew it in an aero garden. Basil supremacy

gleebster
Dec 16, 2006

Only a howler
Pillbug

nexous posted:

So fuckin good. Skin was crisp, added a basil leaf on top to keep the hot oil basting. Sauce was incredible on farfelle pasta.

A+ will make agai.

The linked recipe did not call for basil. But you went with your huge basil to go with the tomato. Nice.

Me, I cleared the fridge for new stuff by finishing off the leftover creamed spinach and shrimp risotto. Weekends are for cooking.

Buce
Dec 23, 2005

I made the caramelized shallot pasta that was in the nyt the other day. Used bucatini. Was very tasty. Takes a long time to caramelize stuff though — maybe there should be a caramelized-stuff-on-demand delivery service?

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost
you can buy tubs of caramellized onion from sysco. dunno about consumer stuff tho

gleebster
Dec 16, 2006

Only a howler
Pillbug
Caramelizing onions or onionlike aliums always takes more time than anyone cares to admit. It might not be worth it sometimes, but it's always drat close.

runchild
May 26, 2010

Black garlic tonkotsu ramen

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

Ginger beef with snow peas and basil.

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here
braised Tofu.

adeadcrab
Feb 1, 2006

Objectifying women is cool and normal
Slow cooked a 2kg brisket (in a slow cooker); turned out a little dry on the flat.
Paired to a cauliflower mash with garlic, ghee and parmesan.
Got brisket for the next week if I don't just eyeball portions.

Lascivious Sloth
Apr 26, 2008

by sebmojo
Tashreeb meat, and rice

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
Just some Cajun seasoned chicken breast on top of a garden salad. We got one of these hydroponic setups and are absolutely swimming in different lettuces to use up.

Shartweek
Feb 15, 2003

D O E S N O T E X I S T

BAGS FLY AT NOON posted:

Just some Cajun seasoned chicken breast on top of a garden salad. We got one of these hydroponic setups and are absolutely swimming in different lettuces to use up.

drat that's awesome, I'm jealous of your hydro lettuce.

I reheated a few pieces of a leftover combo pizza in a frying pan while dropping some water on the sides of the pan at the end to steam and melt the cheese. First time reheating this way and it was excellent, do recommend. Super crispy crust, perfectly melted cheese and heated toppings. I normally hate leftover pizza but this was an entirely different experience.

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here
Chinese noodles in a vinaigrette of cilantro, lime juice, coconut milk, soy sauce, fish sauce, roasted garlic, ginger and jalapeno, and chili paste emulsified with the oil I used in the roasting of the herbs.

P okay. Kind of an old standby so always good but nothing mind blowing as it's kind of "run-of-the-mill".

Gambit from the X-Men
May 12, 2001

they're FRIED SHRIMP, REMOULADE, TOMATO, AND LETTUCE ON BROOCHE BUNS, which means they're NOT po boys because it's NOT the right bread, ok

and roasted broccoli with a similar spice blend to the shrimp, but chipotle pepper instead of anxiety ancho for the flavor difference

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here
Frozen lasagna.

Just like Helen Morgandorfer. :hai:

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
Roasted chicken thighs over sweet taters and Brussels sprouts. Basically been using chicken thighs lately to clean out the produce and results have been TASTY. Those sweet taters just soaked up those chickeny juices like WHOA :discourse:

nexous
Jan 14, 2003

I just want to be pure
Impossible sausage, beans, cilantro rice, cheese burritos

gleebster
Dec 16, 2006

Only a howler
Pillbug
Last night, a soft shelled crab sandwich and some chips. Tonight, I dunno yet

runchild
May 26, 2010

Sesame dressing and wonton strips from a salad kit, but on some fresh spinach instead of the not-so-fresh lettuce. Tossed some feta in too because why not. An odd combo but pretty good. Then a slice of chocolate cake for dessert, to counterbalance my healthy main course.

Gambit from the X-Men
May 12, 2001

roasted brussel sprouts with Central Park styled seasoning (kind of winged it off a few copycat recipes), burgers with gruyere on brioche. one burger was horseradish mustard, one was truffle mayo. i ate that one.

nexous
Jan 14, 2003

I just want to be pure
Digornio rising crust supreme pizza. Gonna dunk a bunch of Tina’s I scorpion pepper sauce on it and the regret it tomorrow

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

Gambit from the X-Men posted:

Central Park styled seasoning

What's that? I know of Montreal seasoning (which I love) but haven't heard of Central Park.

nexous posted:

Digornio rising crust supreme pizza.

:hmmyes:

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

*hic* Gotta finish thish . . .
Doctor Rope
Baked ziti leftovers with an extra slice of mozzarella melted on top. :btroll:

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here
Boigers.

Extra ketchup.

.......because they forgot to put on any ketchup.

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:
I made some less than optimal curry. Yellow tin is meh, green or red tin supremacy

Gambit from the X-Men
May 12, 2001

Pennywise the Frown posted:

What's that? I know of Montreal seasoning (which I love) but haven't heard of Central Park

it's an older and almost now completely defunct regional burger chain akin to Sonic's. pretty standard seasoned fries but they'd layer it on thicker than most places.

Rally's fries are probably pretty close at a glance. i am no fast food aficionado and this is not a paid advertisement.

edit: i think CP battered their fries. these memories are distant and turn to ash on my tongue

Gambit from the X-Men fucked around with this message at 13:36 on May 7, 2022

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

nexous posted:

A+ will make agai.

:hfive: that was me, isn't it ridiculous?

To keep the thanks train going I made that alton brown biscuit chicken pot pie, thanks whoever linked it, gently caress it was good.

I'm putting out an open request for more goodass recipes itt!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gleebster
Dec 16, 2006

Only a howler
Pillbug
Feelin' lazy, I had a pizza delivered. Salami and pineapple. Was OK.