Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
Looks like the apprentice has become still the apprentice

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Moktaro
Aug 3, 2007
I value call my nuts.

nawilo_420 posted:

WE ARE WINNING THE CL!!!!!!!!

Young Boys got knocked out a long time ago, OP.

nawilo_420
Nov 24, 2021
Probation
Can't post for 5 days!

Moktaro posted:

Young Boys got knocked out a long time ago, OP.

this is me and my son

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

That image leaves out a LOT of the story. https://www.reddit.com/r/soccer/comments/uj7rmj/video_of_the_david_moyes_red_card_incident_when/

What the gently caress is he doing???

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
Nice meltdown

EC10
Jan 17, 2005

We like Nin-po-po
We like Nin-po-po
We like Nin-po-po
We like NIN---PO!
Could have killed the lass

Backdoor Delivery
Nov 15, 2004

one cool dude

2 Time TRP Sack Race Champion

TheRat posted:

What the gently caress is he doing???

I don't know, care to Hazard a guess?

Nis
Feb 21, 2011

:allears:

need to know what he was saying. where are the lip readers?

Total Meatlove
Jan 28, 2007

:japan:
Rangers died, shoujo Hitler cried ;_;
https://twitter.com/433/status/1522322569218691072?s=21&t=mWVf1B4nZzYdxPepFc613A

That’s actually James Taverniers brother, who plays for Middlesbrough :lol:

NinpoEspiritoSanto
Oct 22, 2013

Nis posted:

need to know what he was saying. where are the lip readers?

Give me the ball

You're/ya shite

Do your fuckin job

tbp
Mar 1, 2008

DU WIRST NIEMALS ALLEINE MARSCHIEREN
i'm starting to get worried that gerrard will have to manage us because he's not good at villa and shockingly it seems the later stages of the europa league are rangers level and it wasn't some insane overperformance

NinpoEspiritoSanto
Oct 22, 2013

tbp posted:

i'm starting to get worried that gerrard will have to manage us because he's not good at villa and shockingly it seems the later stages of the europa league are rangers level and it wasn't some insane overperformance

You're the second time I've seen this opinion today and considering Villa this season it's interesting

Eric Cantonese
Dec 21, 2004

You should hear my accent.

tbp posted:

How much say did he have in Rangers' transfers under him? Maybe he was transitional.

Total Meatlove
Jan 28, 2007

Rangers poached Ross Wilson from Southampton as a DoF, so Gerrard got less input than he’d probably have liked, but definitely acted as a draw for some players to come up. In interviews he’s said that a lack of funds and backing for transfers is why he left, but there wasn’t any money to do it.

Kamara cost £50k, Aribo was £250k in compensation?, Lundstram was a free. All talked about the chance to. play for Gerrard as influence.

Total Meatlove
Jan 28, 2007

https://twitter.com/mister_denny1/status/1522359154354135040?s=21&t=Ce8QHQp5sAfOTWRB6fYelg

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
Time to end the disastrous coefficient experiment and give Scotland the 20 European places they give to English clubs

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

If you're not striving to improve, you'll end up going backwards.

the sex ghost posted:

Time to end the disastrous coefficient experiment and give Scotland the 20 European places they give to English clubs

It's a joke that the Champions of Scotland don't automatically qualify for the CL but the 4th best team in England does.

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

CyberPingu posted:

It's a joke that the Champions of Scotland don't automatically qualify for the CL but the 4th best team in England does.

Out pops a smiling Čeferin covered in money.

greazeball
Feb 4, 2003

CyberPingu posted:

If they want more spaces, they should just do better in the competition that's wildly stacked against outsiders and they're also under represented in

nawilo_420
Nov 24, 2021
Probation
Can't post for 5 days!
counter proposal: dissolve Rangers

Woodenlung
Dec 10, 2013

Calculating Infinity

CyberPingu posted:

I wouldn't mind it going back to being an actual champions league.

The system is hosed, and if the sub top of the leagues are bad, it makes it even harder to get a good coeffient, even if celtic and rangers were to do well, cause Aberdeen or whatever is losing to trash teams instantly.

But then again, maybe Scottish champions should try not getting beaten out of CL qual by absolute trash like midtjylland and Ferencvaros the last two years. Or cluj and aek the years before that. Being able to beat those teams doesn't feel like the biggest ask, if you want to play cl football. All clubs that got the odds stacked against them.

Hell, Copenhagen even beat them out of Europa league a few years ago, in the middle of one of the clubs biggest down turn of form in recent history.

Woodenlung fucked around with this message at 11:55 on May 6, 2022

Her Dryer
Oct 15, 2012

Woodenlung posted:

I wouldn't mind it going back to being an actual champions league.

The system is hosed, and if the sub top of the leagues are bad, it makes it even harder to get a good coeffient, even if celtic and rangers were to do well, cause Aberdeen or whatever is losing to trash teams instantly.

But then again, maybe Scottish champions should try not getting beaten out of CL qual by absolute trash like midtjylland and Ferencvaros the last two years. Or cluj and aek the years before that. Being able to beat those teams doesn't feel like the biggest ask, if you want to play cl football. All clubs that got the odds stacked against them.

Hell, Copenhagen even beat them out of Europa league a few years ago, in the middle of one of the clubs biggest down turn of form in recent history.

Celtic's complete inability to win a knockout game post Christmas, and as you said our shite record in qualifying, despite having a stranglehold on the league is generally interesting (also obviously infuriating if you're a Celtic fan like me). I'm almost tempted to do a semi-effortpost detailing our annual fuckups. The qualifiers are perpetual cycle of not investing until we're sure we've got CL money, then failing to qualify because we didn't invest. The club's mentality seems to be that "well we're just a widdle club from Gwasgow" but Rangers have shown that to be bollocks since Gerrard took over, if you set up right and work hard and win your home games you can go very far on a modest budget.

Celtic (probably) winning the league this year is based on being able to consistently beat spfl jobber teams, something that Rangers weren't able to do despite their amazing European run. In fact barring a pretty spectacular collapse from Celtic, all three Scottish finalists in Europe this millennium will have ended up losing the league as well. You can be good at beating spl teams who put ten men behind the ball every week, or you can be good at beating teams who are on paper much better than you- but you apparently can't do both at once if you're Scottish.

greazeball
Feb 4, 2003

https://twitter.com/Mohamed_therad/status/1522326714004639750

tbp
Mar 1, 2008

NinpoEspiritoSanto posted:

You're the second time I've seen this opinion today and considering Villa this season it's interesting

admittedly i never watch them but i just see their supporters online not happy with him lol

NinpoEspiritoSanto
Oct 22, 2013

tbp posted:

admittedly i never watch them but i just see their supporters online not happy with him lol

Moktaro
Aug 3, 2007
I value call my nuts.

Are they seriously bitching about being 13th? What were they expecting?

Total Meatlove
Jan 28, 2007

It took a good while for the system that Gerrard and Beale prefer - very Klopp like in the pressing, massive use of overloading full backs, very fluid front 3 - to actually gel for us, but you could see improvement year on year. He’s still pretty rigid in his approach to games which makes his teams brittle, but it’d be daft not to back him through a full preseason imo.

code:
Year         P   W   D   L   PPG
2018/19      37  22  9   6   2.03
2019/20      29  21  4   4   2.31
2020/21      38  32  6   0   2.68

2021/22      22  9   3  10  1.36

Total Meatlove
Jan 28, 2007

How big a knock off the price of Declan Rice will the inevitable European ban be?

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

If you're not striving to improve, you'll end up going backwards.

Total Meatlove posted:

How big a knock off the price of Declan Rice will the inevitable European ban be?

Well he's going to Man U so it's not going to matter

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

Moktaro posted:

Are they seriously bitching about being 13th? What were they expecting?

Eh, I think most of us understand how much more difficult the Premier League is and are fine with how he's done so far with a team that isn't his. It's just the vocal minority that every team has that thinks if we aren't winning every game it's a loving disaster.

From what I've seen Gerrard is trying to instill a mentality that a lot of the first team is missing be it down to complacency that crept in under Dean Smith, or just a plain lack of ability. I hope we see a few major changes in the summer in centre midfield and central defence because what we currently have isn't up to a top 7 push.

3peat
May 6, 2010

https://football-italia.net/guardiola-compares-manchester-city-spending-to-mourinhos-roma/

Total Meatlove
Jan 28, 2007

Frankfurt have been designated the home team for the Europa League final. Because they’re the ‘home’ team, UEFA’s rules of competition state they get first refusal on which colours to wear, and Rangers as the ‘away’ team have to adapt. Frankfurt, well within their rights, have decided to go with their black home kit, which potentially? clashes with all three kits Rangers registered this season.

So it looks like it’s either;
A

https://twitter.com/rangersfc/status/1448577652865052681?s=21&t=sJY90-t3gBQR2aV4XKUkoQ

Or B

https://twitter.com/rangersfc/status/1523936668276953088?s=21&t=sJY90-t3gBQR2aV4XKUkoQ

For Rangers.

brocked
Oct 25, 2005

All shall love me and despair!
White top looks pretty good

jeebus bob
Nov 4, 2004

Festina lente

Total Meatlove posted:

Frankfurt have been designated the home team for the Europa League final. Because they’re the ‘home’ team, UEFA’s rules of competition state they get first refusal on which colours to wear, and Rangers as the ‘away’ team have to adapt. Frankfurt, well within their rights, have decided to go with their black home kit, which potentially? clashes with all three kits Rangers registered this season.

how the hell does all black clash with blue shirt, white shorts, black socks?

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

jeebus bob posted:

how the hell does all black clash with blue shirt, white shorts, black socks?

if both teams wear black socks it's harder for the refs to see whose foot the ball bounced off last to determine marginal throw-ins and corner/goal kicks

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

TRP Post of the Month October 2021
Just wear the purple 3rd kit with the white home shorts, sorted.

tbp
Mar 1, 2008

the anniversary kit looks good they should wear that one

shut up blegum
Dec 17, 2008

--->Plastic Lawn<---
Shirts vs skins in the final imo

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

TRP Post of the Month October 2021
UEFA is a gently caress, no fine for Atletico somehow https://twitter.com/sistoney67/status/1525127293173219328?t=kllbFBmiKLRwGrXu1PZ7YA&s=19

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Total Meatlove
Jan 28, 2007

https://twitter.com/europaleague/status/1526805031118422018?s=21&t=4gZk-jEwoLN4bw8krcJeMg