Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Anybody lose their glasses?
spy x family warms my blackened heart

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

net work error
Feb 26, 2011

Wakakozake is blessed

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018
Women are wonderful animals, they should be making music and writing novels about having a complex relationship with your mother.

sb hermit posted:

And if they like that stuff and are willing to see what full weeb looks like, then maybe a 3 episode test of maid dragon. It has action, slice of life, comedy, and some elements that aren't as acceptable to mainstream americans.

Please don't recommend Maid Dragon to people

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

maid dragon is a super cute gay show and then unfortunately That poo poo creeps in the door

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

(and can't post for 20 days!)

the best anime with a little bit of everything is Space Dandy. hell it’s practically an anthology series.

DO NOT ever recommend Dragon Maid.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018
Women are wonderful animals, they should be making music and writing novels about having a complex relationship with your mother.
If you must recommend anime, there's always Symphogear

genericnick
Dec 26, 2012

Gripweed posted:

If you must recommend anime, there's always Symphogear

Your not going to trick me.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

genericnick posted:

Your not going to trick me.

Symphogear is good.

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

in universe singing to punch things that'd be at home in a power rangers show is good stuff

atelier morgan
Mar 11, 2003

super-scientific, ultra-gay

Lipstick Apathy

Kitfox88 posted:

spy x family warms my blackened heart

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018
It's a magical girl show where, from season 2 onwards, the magical girls are transported to hotspots around the globe via ICBMs. Also the wreckage from the moon created by the season 1 finale battle remains a persistent issue.

wolfs
Jul 17, 2001

posted by squid gang

https://youtu.be/DOm1XxNpO2I

if you’re going to recommend people anime, recommend mob psycho 100 - where the real super power is emotional maturity :byob1:

they can watch s1 & s2 and then watch s3 concurrently with you in a little while

Casey Finnigan
Apr 30, 2009

Dumb ✔
So goddamn crazy ✔

Pitch posted:

This is a proven concept.

Pitch
Jun 16, 2005

しらんけど

sb hermit posted:

Thanks to that show, I absolutely want a japanese hatchet to cut firewood.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YREatse8dJ8
WARNING, VIDEO IS VERY LOUD

Never mind that I'll never get to use it since I live in California. And I would be wary of using it anywhere because apparently wildfires in north america can happen anywhere, even canada.
I bought one of these in like 2008 for no discernable reason and have never used it. I just have a big square Japanese machete laying around.

TenementFunster
Feb 20, 2003

The Cooler King

Pitch posted:

I bought one of these in like 2008 for no discernable reason and have never used it. I just have a big square Japanese machete laying around.
read this post before who i saw posted it but immediately guessed with 100% accuracy

sb hermit
Dec 13, 2016

Gripweed posted:

Please don't recommend Maid Dragon to people

I'm curious. Did you actually watch the video I posted before putting up this reply?

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007
dragon aids :smugdon:

sb hermit
Dec 13, 2016

Also, anyone who has watched kill la kill and thought it was good, but then dropped out of anime for unrelated reasons, and wants to see the state of the art that is not isekai, then maid dragon is not a terrible recommendation. Also, Next Life Villainess is also a comfy isekai comedy.

But if you have a crunchyroll subscription then spy x family is hands down the best show this season. I might use it as a gateway recommendation (even over yurucamp maybe) if it doesn't get weird. The first 4 episodes are very good.

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007
dragon maid got me to do this irl

Casey Finnigan
Apr 30, 2009

Dumb ✔
So goddamn crazy ✔
i never saw dragon maid cause i don't watch that kind of stuff but isn't there some pedo stuff or something

Calibanibal
Aug 25, 2015

sb hermit if you want to chat about your favorite anime Dragon Maid i would go to adtrw

net work error
Feb 26, 2011

Season 1 of dragon maid was questionable but allowed. Season 2 however...

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

The funniest thing about Kobayashi's Dragon Maid is the Buttercup Dew (of My Nationalist Pony) review of it on Counter-Currents Publishing. Counter-Currents is one of those obscure reactionary publishing houses that reprints copies of Evola or some other reactionary author you've never heard of with titles like Twilight of the Occident and sells them for $200 so rich guys think they're buying in to the esoteric secrets of dark reaction.

https://counter-currents.com/2017/05/miss-kobayashis-dragon-maid-vs-ethnonationalism/

So Buttercup Dew is a gay, reactionary, brony - and all throughout the review he's whining about how Dragon Maid is lesbian propaganda.

quote:

Of course, the Western Talmudvision is already full of people who want to bend their inherent nature past the breaking point and live life as an imitation of something they’re not – also known as transsexuals – so what’s wrong with a fifty-foot dragon with a repressed lesbian crush on an unremarkable office worker? Well, it annoys me, that’s what.

He's written a few more anime reviews for Counter-Currents since then. He thinks the moral of Shinsekai Yori is that different races can't co-exist. Kemono Friends is race-realist:

quote:

There’s a degree to which Kemono Friends is almost perfectly racist. Our world and the Japari Park are full of people very different from us and inherently so, who are puzzling and have all sorts of quirks and radically different inner lives from what we experience. In Japari Park, they collectively make a group of Friends, but ours has much more brutal group competition. However, we can share with Bag-chan the experience of knowing other types of creatures, respecting them as perfectly nice and capable of magnamity and earnestness, but always with the caveat that they are separate, differentiated, and unable to make common ground on the deeper level of biological ownness. Bag-chan, in a strange, sad way, is always alone throughout the series.

And Aggretsuko is secretly a ploy to scare women away from the workplace instead of inuring them to it.

TenementFunster
Feb 20, 2003

The Cooler King

sb hermit posted:

Also, anyone who has watched kill la kill and thought it was good, but then dropped out of anime for unrelated reasons, and wants to see the state of the art that is not isekai belongs in prison

sb hermit
Dec 13, 2016

Homeless Friend posted:

dragon maid got me to do this irl

:same: except kill la kill

Calibanibal posted:

sb hermit if you want to chat about your favorite anime Dragon Maid i would go to adtrw

fair enough

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Casey Finnigan posted:

i never saw dragon maid cause i don't watch that kind of stuff but isn't there some pedo stuff or something

the second season introduced a character who is a child with huge tits

TenementFunster
Feb 20, 2003

The Cooler King
actually, she’s a 9,000-year-old dragon who happens to look like a child with huge tits

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

TenementFunster posted:

actually, she’s a 9,000-year-old dragon who happens to look like a child with huge tits

It was incredible to see goons try this defense for a vtuber in TYOOL 2021

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

The funniest thing about Kobayashi's Dragon Maid is the Buttercup Dew (of My Nationalist Pony) review of it on Counter-Currents Publishing. Counter-Currents is one of those obscure reactionary publishing houses that reprints copies of Evola or some other reactionary author you've never heard of with titles like Twilight of the Occident and sells them for $200 so rich guys think they're buying in to the esoteric secrets of dark reaction.

https://counter-currents.com/2017/05/miss-kobayashis-dragon-maid-vs-ethnonationalism/

So Buttercup Dew is a gay, reactionary, brony - and all throughout the review he's whining about how Dragon Maid is lesbian propaganda.

He's written a few more anime reviews for Counter-Currents since then. He thinks the moral of Shinsekai Yori is that different races can't co-exist. Kemono Friends is race-realist:

And Aggretsuko is secretly a ploy to scare women away from the workplace instead of inuring them to it.

lmfao this guy owns

quote:

Like Syrian refugees with huge tits and Kawaii outfits,

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Homeless Friend posted:

lmfao this guy owns

male gay sex: patrician, aesthetic, virtù

female gay sex: degenerate, dysgenic, diabolical

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

lesbians love scheming

TenementFunster
Feb 20, 2003

The Cooler King

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

It was incredible to see goons try this defense for a vtuber in TYOOL 2021
the 9,000-year-old demon was a joke in adtrw back when i was a new poster. i can’t believe shameless creeps are still doing the bit for real.

War and Pieces
Apr 24, 2022

DID NOT VOTE FOR FETTERMAN

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

the second season introduced a character who is a child with huge tits

my god those are huge

Calibanibal
Aug 25, 2015

Gurerusu Loveru

Reik
Mar 8, 2004
Ya boy kongming is also a great show where all of the characters are adults.

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007
me, Syrian refugee, having my goddamn huge kawaii tits capsizing the boat in the Mediterranean but then everybody climbs onboard them and we’re all saved.

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin
That time I got reincarnated in a country underwater but my tits were their own arable islands.

Episode one: No Man is an Island

HootTheOwl has issued a correction as of 00:25 on May 8, 2022

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

wolfs posted:

https://youtu.be/DOm1XxNpO2I

if you’re going to recommend people anime, recommend mob psycho 100 - where the real super power is emotional maturity :byob1:

they can watch s1 & s2 and then watch s3 concurrently with you in a little while

mp100 is one of the best animes of all time

unrelated beyond the manga being great but hype for lucifer and biscuit hammer too :cool:

TenementFunster
Feb 20, 2003

The Cooler King
i am, once again, getting wild and tough

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

sb hermit posted:

I'm curious. Did you actually watch the video I posted before putting up this reply?

Of course not.