Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

Rime posted:

It’s nice that I can post an amalgamated construct of the BFC Investing thread over the past year of historical equities inflation, phrased for comedic value on this comedy forum, and have the same cohort of goons as last week immediately jump on it as an opportunity to engage in some good old fashioned bullying.

Very normal and well adjusted behaviour from this small group of individuals. Definitely keeps the thread on topic. :tipshat:

i believe that new ban+30 for the same reasons as your proceeding bans on and off the forums indicates you have a problem and need some help. good luck and goonspeed

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m
Apr 16, 2017

IÃÂÃŒÂÌ° Ó̯̖̫̹̯̤A҉mÃÂ̺̩ Ç̬A̡̮̞̠ÚÉ̱̫ K̶eÓgÃÂ.̻̱̪̕Ö̹̟
Happy spot prawn season, all

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m posted:

Happy spot prawn season, all

i'm allergic :smith:

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

Excuse me, pardon me, sheer perfection coming through

Arivia posted:

i believe that new ban+30 for the same reasons as your proceeding bans on and off the forums indicates you have a problem and need some help. good luck and goonspeed

the new ban+30 is dumb, and not what he said. rime is annoying as piss when he wants to be (which is like 75% of the time) but the post was just him being paranoid about posting enemies again and not worth more than 6 hours. but whatever.

this is ontario centric, but i'm curious to hear peoples thoughts about the provincial Libs suggesting a return to an optional year 13 for school

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m
Apr 16, 2017

IÃÂÃŒÂÌ° Ó̯̖̫̹̯̤A҉mÃÂ̺̩ Ç̬A̡̮̞̠ÚÉ̱̫ K̶eÓgÃÂ.̻̱̪̕Ö̹̟

CLAM DOWN posted:

i'm allergic :smith:

I just spent like $25 on bugs so it might be better if I was too tbh

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

mediaphage posted:

the new ban+30 is dumb, and not what he said. rime is annoying as piss when he wants to be (which is like 75% of the time) but the post was just him being paranoid about posting enemies again and not worth more than 6 hours. but whatever.

this is ontario centric, but i'm curious to hear peoples thoughts about the provincial Libs suggesting a return to an optional year 13 for school

he did not get it for the post I quoted. instead he argued it’s best to kill most of humanity with nukes to solve climate change in another thread.

i think grade 13 is a good idea to try and let kids sort themselves out if they’d like. i did an extra year in hs myself, it was good.

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

Born on the bayou
died in a cave
bbq and posting
is all I crave

I think more grade 13 is a good idea but it also made me cringe because who the gently caress wants more high school jfc

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

:eyepop:
I did a bit of digging and this is what the guy was charged with before this. what an artist
https://www.iheartradio.ca/am800/news/windsor-man-charged-again-in-connection-to-vandalism-against-gay-community-1.15274605

quote:

A Windsor man has been charged once again in connection to vandalism against the gay and transgender community.

As heard on AM800 earlier this month, Aaron Bergeron and Ken Grundy's home and vehicles on Tuscarora St. had been damaged several times with the couple believing the PRIDE flag on their porch had made them a target.

The Windsor police Morality Unit began an investigation and, through surveillance footage, was able to identify a male suspect.

As a result, 18-year-old Seth Bertrand of Windsor is facing several charges.

I live in the windsor area and a few months before this incident I found a bunch of these printed out and taped to buildings in a neighborhood near where I live. I tore down as many as I could find. The people living in this neighborhood are primarily foreign students from Asia/India studying at the university of Windsor. Now I'm sure it was this guy:

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011
why the gently caress do the police have a Morality Unit in 2022

yellowcar
Feb 14, 2010

mediaphage posted:

they eliminated OAC when i was starting grade 11 but i knew there were people doing an extra year anyway (usually not with a full course load) to meet admissions requirements or to work part-time to save up money

an older co-worker told me once that completing 6 OAC credits gave you a $100 scholarship

i guess it wouldn't be the worst thing in the world to do another year of high school if you don't know what you're doing afterwards. maybe they should have a course that prepares you for a university environment.

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

Excuse me, pardon me, sheer perfection coming through

Arivia posted:

he did not get it for the post I quoted. instead he argued it’s best to kill most of humanity with nukes to solve climate change in another thread.

i think grade 13 is a good idea to try and let kids sort themselves out if they’d like. i did an extra year in hs myself, it was good.

i am aware of his post and that's not what he said, but it doesn't matter, reading comprehension by the mods is hard sometimes

yellowcar posted:

they eliminated OAC when i was starting grade 11 but i knew there were people doing an extra year anyway (usually not with a full course load) to meet admissions requirements or to work part-time to save up money

an older co-worker told me once that completing 6 OAC credits gave you a $100 scholarship

i guess it wouldn't be the worst thing in the world to do another year of high school if you don't know what you're doing afterwards. maybe they should have a course that prepares you for a university environment.

yeah it's something that always confused me, i guess, because the school breadth of years is mostly a settled thing in the states

Precambrian Video Games
Aug 19, 2002

As part of the Double Cohort™️, the non-OAC kids starting STEM degrees struggled badly, mostly due to having no idea about calculus, whereas I cruised through the first semester (and then struggled in the second when I actually had to pay attention to learn things and forgot how to do that).

Since this was nearly 20 years ago, my conclusion is that I'm old and out of touch and have no opinion on what kids these days should do

fisting by many
Dec 25, 2009

I just wish someone in high school would have told me "just take X and enroll in Y and you will get a decent job that pays a living wage as a Z" (and been telling the truth)

it's incredibly stupid to make a big deal out of asking children what they "want to do" for a living when they know drat loving well almost nobody grows up doing what they want and everyone just wants a job that'll pay the bills and not destroy their mental health

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

fisting by many posted:

I just wish someone in high school would have told me "just take X and enroll in Y and you will get a decent job that pays a living wage as a Z" (and been telling the truth)

it's incredibly stupid to make a big deal out of asking children what they "want to do" for a living when they know drat loving well almost nobody grows up doing what they want and everyone just wants a job that'll pay the bills and not destroy their mental health

in theory offshoring all of the manufacturing should free us up to be a society of artists and authors and poets. but instead capital insists we jack each other off in and endless line of pointless "service" jobs

802.11weed
May 9, 2007

no

fisting by many posted:

I had a single Orientation class in high school and the teacher fuckin sucked!! They asked people what they wanted to do and everything was some flavour of "there's no jobs in that field", "there's jobs but you there's very intense competition", "the classes are very very hard", "you won't get in". Extremely lame, just bummed everyone out for an entire year. I was already a depressed burn out so having confirmation that there was no hope was cool as hell. anyway that was 15 years ago and today i make 8% above minimum wage and will never afford rent, nevermind own my place :cool:

Jordan7hm
Feb 17, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
I went through OAC (the double cohort was the following year) and being in high school in ottawa for basically two years as an adult who could buy beer was stupid.

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.

Jordan7hm posted:

I went through OAC ... and ... was stupid.

FUCK COREY PERRY
Apr 19, 2008

Arivia posted:

Great reading comprehension, have you tried applying for modship?

Bleck
Jan 7, 2014

No matter how one loves, there are always different aims. Love can take a great many forms, whatever the era.

gently caress COREY PERRY posted:

"He didn't actually say that in that post, all he did was allude to the toxic ideology that is on full display in dozens of other posts he's made that we're all aware of. Learn to read!"

Do the people who argue this poo poo just not have a functioning memory? Do they assume that everyone else is incapable of remembering information, as well?

Precambrian Video Games
Aug 19, 2002

Of poo poo posting knowledge I acquired such a grip
That they took me in to the forum modship
And that junior forum modship, I ween
Was the only ship that I ever had seen!
But that kind of ship so suited me
That now I am the ruler of the Queen's Navee!

EvilJoven
Mar 18, 2005

NOBODY,IN THE HISTORY OF EVER, HAS ASKED OR CARED WHAT CANADA THINKS. YOU ARE NOT A COUNTRY. YOUR MONEY HAS THE QUEEN OF ENGLAND ON IT. IF YOU DIG AROUND IN YOUR BACKYARD, NATIVE SKELETONS WOULD EXPLODE OUT OF YOUR LAWN LIKE THE END OF POLTERGEIST. CANADA IS SO POLITE, EH?
Fun Shoe
Saying "I fully expect X to happen" does not mean "I endorse X happening" and you lot keep saying it does which is part of why Rime gets such a bad rap.

I mean yes I also believe our response to climate change is going to be the first world perpetuating the wholesale slaughter of millions of not billions of people in the developing world, but that doesn't mean I'm looking forward to it. If I were I would be in a much better place emotionally.

Bleck
Jan 7, 2014

No matter how one loves, there are always different aims. Love can take a great many forms, whatever the era.

EvilJoven posted:

Saying "I fully expect X to happen" does not mean "I endorse X happening" and you lot keep saying it does which is part of why Rime gets such a bad rap.

Rime posted:

If only it had a mortality rate of 20-30% and spread a little faster, this virus would have been the best thing to happen to the planet in a century.

Edit: To be clear, there's a lot to say about Rime's eco-doomerism largely being correct, and I definitely think that it's possible that people view those posts through a lens of increased discomfort because of the accuracy and validity of the disastrous ecological realities that we live in that he readily describes. I just think it's possible to talk about those things without subtly suggesting that lots of people of specific ethnic groups are less valuable than others and should probably die, as has been the case several times.

Bleck has issued a correction as of 20:02 on May 7, 2022

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

Post-covid symptoms suck, don't get covid but do kill corey perry.

EvilJoven
Mar 18, 2005

NOBODY,IN THE HISTORY OF EVER, HAS ASKED OR CARED WHAT CANADA THINKS. YOU ARE NOT A COUNTRY. YOUR MONEY HAS THE QUEEN OF ENGLAND ON IT. IF YOU DIG AROUND IN YOUR BACKYARD, NATIVE SKELETONS WOULD EXPLODE OUT OF YOUR LAWN LIKE THE END OF POLTERGEIST. CANADA IS SO POLITE, EH?
Fun Shoe

Bleck posted:

Edit: To be clear, there's a lot to say about Rime's eco-doomerism largely being correct, and I definitely think that it's possible that people view those posts through a lens of increased discomfort because of the accuracy and validity of the disastrous ecological realities that we live in that he readily describes. I just think it's possible to talk about those things without subtly suggesting that lots of people of specific ethnic groups are less valuable than others and should probably die, as has been the case several times.

You again see accepting an inevitability as endorsing it. Our world is possibly going to be devoid of most complex life in a matter of centuries if we continue to allow the third world to attempt to attain the same standard of living we have and the carbon footprint that comes with this. Once more people accept this reality we will see widespread adoption of suppression of developing nations.

We should have never reached the rate of consumption we currently have and as a society we're going to murder millions as a matter of policy once we realize that it's the only way we'll be able to hang on to our way of life for another generation or two.

It's going to be as horrifying as it is inevitable.

Pryor on Fire
May 14, 2013

they don't know all alien abduction experiences can be explained by people thinking saving private ryan was a documentary

No you're going to see tremendous suffering and pain in the developed world as well, and it sure as hell won't take two generations. We already have tens of thousands of wandering homeless from the last few disasters, that number will be hundreds of thousands and millions before too long. Maybe even this summer, looks like a scorcher.

You're just delusional if you think you can seal off your little slice of heaven and be all set. Nowhere is safe.

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

it's possible to be realistic about how hosed the planet is, while not being a raging racist hostile rear end in a top hat about it, like rime was. some of you are being really loving weird about this.

Bleck
Jan 7, 2014

EvilJoven posted:

You again see accepting an inevitability as endorsing it.

Saying "it would have been good if a lot of people died" is, in fact, endorsing the idea of a lot of people dying. This is not complicated.

EvilJoven
Mar 18, 2005

Fun Shoe
Ya but it's endorsing death without singling out a specific creed or culture.

From a global ecological standpoint yes the more of humanity that dies of a disease we are allowing to run rampant because we collectively refused to allow as many people to stay at home and watch tv as possible, the better.

Lol

Tighclops
Jan 23, 2008

Unable to deal with it

Grimey Drawer
If you think humanity should go extinct and you are a human, please go first

Bleck
Jan 7, 2014

EvilJoven posted:

There are several other posts where, both explicitly and contextually, he's referring to specific groups of people, often delineated along ethnic lines. Again, the people who have read these posts are capable of remembering them, and even if you're a person with a severely atrophied hippocampus, you can just go back to his rap sheet and read several of the posts that he's been probed/banned for.

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

EvilJoven posted:

From a global ecological standpoint yes the more of humanity that dies of a disease we are allowing to run rampant because we collectively refused to allow as many people to stay at home and watch tv as possible, the better.

Lol

wrong. from a global ecological standpoint Gaia doesn't give a gently caress what we do. she has taken much bigger hits to the chin and she will clean up our mess over a million years with no issues.

we are wrecking the environment for humans

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

Tighclops posted:

If you think humanity should go extinct and you are a human, please go first

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

The sanctioned action is to CHUG

Arivia posted:

Post-covid symptoms suck, don't get covid but do kill corey perry.

can covid cause adult onset asthma? Asking for a friend

(not Corey Perry)

Chamale
Jul 11, 2010

I'm helping!

Bilirubin posted:

can covid cause adult onset asthma? Asking for a friend

(not Corey Perry)

Yes. Name an organ, covid can damage it somehow.

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

I've been here the whole time, and you're not my real Dad! :emo:

Chamale posted:

Pipe organ

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

Chamale posted:

penis

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

Infertility and impotence are actually symptoms of long Covid

run on sentience
Mar 22, 2022

When in person church services were banned, several innocent pipe organs may have fallen into mild disrepair

Precambrian Video Games
Aug 19, 2002

At least COVID can't possibly make my appendix any more useless.

(Don't go looking for information about COVID and appendicitis)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

eXXon posted:

At least COVID can't possibly make my appendix any more useless.

(Don't go looking for information about COVID and appendicitis)

Jokes on COVID. I caused my own appendix to burst in 2014 by landing a plane too hard