Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

hazardousmouse
Dec 17, 2010
booooooooooo is Varre gonna make me kill Godrick before he'll move to Liurnia?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

galagazombie
Oct 31, 2011

A silly little mouse!

Gologle posted:

By the way, if the DLC (or one of them, we still have no idea how many expansions they are going to do) does focus on Miquella and has his cocoon as the entrance, that's a hell of an entrance. It's gated behind a hard area and a hard boss that are both tuned for endgame. It might be the hardest DLC entrance that From has introduced yet.

Doesn’t the ringed city dlc for 3 require you to have either reached the final boss of vanilla or outright bear the “hardest in souls history” boss of the other dlc? That’s way worse than Mohg.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY
The dlc must be about the moon, miquella, a different outer god, or the land of reeds.

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

The Gologle Posting Experience.

<3
I do not consider Friede harder than Mohg tbqh, nor do I consider Ashes of Ariandel to be harder than Mohgwyn Palace. Then again, Mohgwyn Palace is relatively small and Ariandel is much bigger, so eh.

Zeruel
Mar 27, 2010

Alert: bad post spotted.
the first dlc is just sekiro

galagazombie
Oct 31, 2011

A silly little mouse!
I wanna fight Zombie Merman Goldwyn and Original Recipe Godwyn. And learn whatever’s in the cloud at the center of the Sivine Tower circle.
I doubt we’ll do anything with The land of Reeds. It’s just to show that there’s a wider world than just what we see in game, like Astora or The not!japan from Bloodborne. Plus it gives a lore excuse for putting in badass katanas.

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

hazardousmouse posted:

booooooooooo is Varre gonna make me kill Godrick before he'll move to Liurnia?

You need to have an audience with the two fingers, so any demigod should do.

hazardousmouse
Dec 17, 2010
what in the poo poo. I just invaded someone in stormveil in a spot I don't recall and ganked them while they were fighting a crucible knight
How have I never found this rear end in a top hat?

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

hazardousmouse posted:

what in the poo poo. I just invaded someone in stormveil in a spot I don't recall and ganked them while they were fighting a crucible knight

Remember how there is a path on the ramparts where the birds throw bombs at you?

Jump off the wall to the outside of the castle. Not a joke.

porfiria
Dec 10, 2008

by Modern Video Games
I feel like FROMSOFT DLCs tend to be pretty out of left field. Remember when everyone thought the the DS3 DLC was going to be Londor?

In conclusion, the Elden Ring DLC will be Godrick's Vacation Home.

Astrochicken
Aug 13, 2007

So you better go back to your bars, your temples
Your massage parlors!

porfiria posted:

I feel like FROMSOFT DLCs tend to be pretty out of left field. Remember when everyone thought the the DS3 DLC was going to be Londor?

It'll likely be a whole new demigod or a series or random areas linked by some new-ish npc.

alternatively, Elden Ring: The Squared City

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

I want more cool underground star areas. Or a floating continent or an underwater area where you fight a giant squid

skasion
Feb 13, 2012

Why don't you perform zazen, facing a wall?

porfiria posted:

Hard to say if there’s a pattern. DeS had a giant sticking-out DLC hook that was never actually used. DS actually foreshadows a lot about its DLC, it ends up being a deep dive/retcon of a subplot that previously only really existed in item descriptions. Bloodborne DLC is this but even more so, it’s just a nightmare trip through the game’s backstory. Against that DS2 and DS3 DLCs are all left field side stories where you go off to some other plane of reality and see how they got hosed up just as bad as the “normal” plane of reality or worse.

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!

hazardousmouse posted:

I finished my third playthrough and was just loving around cleaning bosses up when I found a cavern near the magma dragon in the snowfield I never saw my first two times running by it...after 270 hours and thinking I had found everything in this game. Then, I fought a Misbegotten holding an Elden Ring-shaped greatsword and won said sword.

Game is big.

galagazombie
Oct 31, 2011

A silly little mouse!

porfiria posted:

Ehhh I think DS3 was the only one that was really just a bunch of random unforshadowed stuff. The other 3 knights and Oolicile was the only unfinished plotline from 1. 2 is all about how people keep building kingdom’s on top of each other and lo and behold the dlc is about going to those kingdoms. Then Bloodborne is about explaining where all these dreams are coming from.

Mentat Radnor
Apr 24, 2008

~Water flowers every day~
Whew what a fun fight to learn!

I beat my face against Malenia using my normal Fingerprint Greatshield + Nightrider Glaive setup, but the fact that she still lifesteals on blocked hits meant that phase 1 was just an endless stalemate unless I popped Mimic Tear . . . which would promptly die when phase 2 started and leave me in the same spot.

And so my grim conclusion was that I would have to powerstance Bleed halberds (Nightrider + Gargoyle's) with Seppuku and Lord of Blood's Exhaltation, and actually learn to dodge all of her attacks in order to make it to phase 2 without popping Mimic or Physik.

About 2.5 hours of dedicated practice, and I was finally able to pull it off. This fight would be crazy hard if I wasn't level 170 with dual +25 weapons, though I completely forgot to use consumable buffs so I'm sure that could make up for a lot of the difference.

After I beat the Fire Giant a week ago, I held off on progressing the main quest in favor of doing every single other thing I could find. Malenia was the last thing on that list, so off I go to the endgame whee.

Phenotype
Jul 24, 2007

You must defeat Sheng Long to stand a chance.

Gonna try out Demon's Souls in a little bit. I've already read about World Tendency and I guess I shouldn't roam around in human form ever. Anything else I need to know going in?

skasion
Feb 13, 2012

DLC wish list:
Add another full field zone, around Snowfield difficulty
Add another legacy dungeon, around Capital difficulty
Loads and loads of shard drops like Ringed City had
Just add all of Shrine of Storms in the ocean right next to Stormveil/starting zone
Do something with Miquella, I hear that kid has a sick twin blade
Alien planet biome where fallingstar beasts are a common enemy
Better looking heavyweight armors, they are all fat and ugly. No thanks

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

You've got guts! Come to my village, I'll buy you lunch.

skasion posted:

Alien planet biome where fallingstar beasts are a common enemy

I didn't realize how badly I wanted this until you said it. The little hints and touches that illustrate how the Lands Between as this superficially conventional European fantasy setting have been colonized by some weird alien poo poo (especially Leyndell and Caelid) are already really good, and Fromsoft just completely cutting loose with the otherworldly science-fantasy imagery would be amazing.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Phenotype posted:

Gonna try out Demon's Souls in a little bit. I've already read about World Tendency and I guess I shouldn't roam around in human form ever. Anything else I need to know going in?

It’s easy as poo poo, you can just walk behind most enemies and backstab them. It’s a great game.

Bananasaurus Rex
Mar 19, 2009
elden ring dlc will focus on how radahn got his horse

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Elden ring dlc will be set in utah

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

You've got guts! Come to my village, I'll buy you lunch.

Quantum of Phallus posted:

Elden ring dlc will be set in utah

well that would certainly explain the cut "magic underwear" content

skasion
Feb 13, 2012

Phenotype posted:

Get ready to die a lot, the early game of DeS pulls no punches.

You need to keep an eye on your resources in this game. There is nothing that always refills itself like flasks in Dark Souls/Elden Ring. Instead, important resources are balanced to specific worlds in the game. Boletaria has more healing grass. Stonefang has more upgrade stones. Latria has more magic spice. Shrine of Storms has more souls. Valley of Defilement has rivers of poo poo.

The Demilich
Apr 9, 2020

The First Rites of Men Were Mortuary, the First Altars Tombs.

We need a fast and furious photoshop with Rykards face over Vin Diesels, and it just says FAMILY

More importantly though, I can't aggro the merchant next to the fingerprint stone shield. Anyone know how to fix this bug? I equipped Shabriri's Woe hoping it would take effect but it failed.

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!
Wow. Some special people going after Maliketh tonight. I just had four hosts in a row run off the edge of the arena. :what:

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

i think if you go into Demon’s Souls after playing literally any other FROM game past Dark Souls 1, you’ll breeze through it

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe
DLC will be set Under The Sea and will heavily feature crabs and lobsters.

Bananasaurus Rex
Mar 19, 2009

Quantum of Phallus posted:

i think if you go into Demon’s Souls after playing literally any other FROM game past Dark Souls 1, you’ll breeze through it

Yeah the bosses in particluar are pushovers. Flamelurker and maneaters being the only real threats

skasion
Feb 13, 2012

Demon’s Souls bosses are easy because the levels are hard. They’re gauntlets with a clearly defined start and end, and while there’s shortcuts, there are never checkpoints. The difficulty is rarely in the boss itself, it’s in getting there in good enough shape to do your best.

Video Nasty
Jun 17, 2003

Beat the game at 183hrs and level 183 with the half-million runes from the final boss.
Starting NG+ was like a tremendous loving victory lap, going through Stormveil and two major bosses in under an hour.
I've met two NPCs I've never even come across before and Patches got to survive this time. This game absolutely goddam rules.

Raine
Apr 30, 2013

ACCELERATIONIST SUPERDOOMER

AlternateNu posted:

I finished my third playthrough and was just loving around cleaning bosses up when I found a cavern near the magma dragon in the snowfield I never saw my first two times running by it...after 270 hours and thinking I had found everything in this game. Then, I fought a Misbegotten holding an Elden Ring-shaped greatsword and won said sword.

Game is big.

i have over 400 hours and just found out the other day that you can simply jump down to the duo inquisitors area instead of having to be vore-teleported

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002
Televoreted

hazardousmouse
Dec 17, 2010

The Demilich posted:

We need a fast and furious photoshop with Rykards face over Vin Diesels, and it just says FAMILY

More importantly though, I can't aggro the merchant next to the fingerprint stone shield. Anyone know how to fix this bug? I equipped Shabriri's Woe hoping it would take effect but it failed.

have you tried punching it?

Flytrap
Apr 30, 2013
Hmm. Putting together a Golden Order build only to have a comment make me realize something: by the time this thing would be finished almost every remaining enemy would have like 80% holy resistance, and only having 45 INT and FTH would leave my other spells and incantations hitting *slightly* harder than an unupgraded broken ladle.

Think I'll just go for a dragon person if I'm going mixed casting.

Mr Hootington posted:

Is it ever explained why godwyns body is so big and his face is in 2 places?

Godwyn's soul died, but his body is still as unyielding and eternal as ever. When he died his body was buried in the roots of the Erdtree (the highest honor someone can be given after death in the Lands Between) and eventually those roots grew into and adapted his undying flesh. Now he and the tree are becoming one his face is showing up everywhere.

ZeusCannon
Nov 5, 2009

BLAAAAAARGH PLEASE KILL ME BLAAAAAAAARGH
Grimey Drawer
Oh oh oh next explain the giant Caelid Skulls!

Armitag3
Mar 15, 2020

Forget it Jake, it's cybertown.

ZeusCannon posted:

They're dead giants. You see them in the Mountaintops as well.

Flytrap
Apr 30, 2013

ZeusCannon posted:

radahn was gonna host wrestlemania giant edition before malenia interrupted

el oso
Feb 18, 2005

phew, for a minute there i lost myself
Wrapped up my first playthrough as a magic-user and looking to start a different style for NG+, probably melee-focused. Any suggestions on a really fun weapon or style to build around for the next run?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

Flytrap posted:

radahn was gonna host wrestlemania giant edition before malenia interrupted

DLC is before Radahn got all hosed up on the scarlet rot and he is hosting said Wrestlemania™. He is also voiced by Mr. Torgue.