Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TotalHell
Feb 22, 2005

Roman Reigns fights CM Punk in fantasy warld. Lotsa violins, so littl kids cant red it.

I personally like Tortured Existence for when you inevitably draw a creature that you’d prefer to have in your graveyard.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Batterypowered7
Aug 8, 2009

The mist that chills you keeps me warm.

Bust Rodd posted:

Huh, I thought BtB only targeted the player and gave them a random creature from my GY, I didn’t realize you had to pick both targets, I suppose that would just counter the ability completely.

In any case, I’d be way happier to just hold up Assassin’s Trophy or Terminate than I would to potentially set up a magical Christmas land where I’m getting multiple turns of activating BTB and killing the same creature to reuse again.

Can you use Sundial of the Infinite the trigger? Might be worth including Homeward Path if so

You can only activate the bullies on the turn of the opponent you're giving a creature to, so no Sundial.

E:

I think it's beyond ridiculous to call playing a single card "potentially setting up a magical Christmas land," specially after taking the time to type out some multi-card gotcha play that doesn't even work because the Bullies don't work the way you thought they did.

TotalHell posted:

I personally like Tortured Existence for when you inevitably draw a creature that you’d prefer to have in your graveyard.

Could even use it to just let your commander hit the bin and then cast it again from your hand without having to pay the commander tax.

Batterypowered7 fucked around with this message at 06:34 on May 6, 2022

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P5oc_9ObMzc

Rhystic Studies of RDW and the origin of Mana Curve.

Railing Kill
Nov 14, 2008

You are the first crack in the sheer face of god. From you it will spread.

Knot My President! posted:

What's the best way to build an Arcades deck? Was looking to build a second deck to complement my Mogis and it seems tempting because every card is like $0.25 haha

Value. Lots of Defenders draw you cards at ETB. If you have good ramp, then the deck should keep itself flush with cards because all of your dudes draw you 1~2 cards to replace themselves. The meat n potatoes of my version are poo poo like Jungle Barrier, Wall of Blossoms, Wall of Omens, Carven Caryatid, etc.

Panharmonicon is a must.

Overgrown Battlement is OP in this deck if you're looking for creature ramp. Most of my ramp is your standard 2CMC green stuff: Farseek, Rampant Growth, etc. I pack extra because the deck doesn't need as much if a dedicated card draw block so I spent a lot of those slots on more ramp.

Abuse asymmetrical board wipes in white that target power. Fell the Mighty, Dusk/Dawn, Divine Reckoning, etc.

Run a couple of redundancies like Assault Formation because the deck does not work without Arcades in play.

There are some bombs available in Bant colors: Tree of Redemption, Wall of Denial are big boys. Sidar Kondo is lethal to at least one player if you have a few big bodies on board. Crashing Drawbridge gets you the much-needed haste in these colors.

It's a fun deck because you never run out of resources. But it's strictly casual because it wins by conventional attacks, and not even one big alpha strike. If you're up for that, give it a go because most of the cards are chaff and I love manufacturing reasons to use trash.

Oh, speaking of which, run Tower Defense. Run over your friends with a 20 cent uncommon. :getin:

Rythe
Jan 21, 2011

Cloudstone Curio really shines in that deck and if you have a copy of Alluren you pretty much just draw your entire deck.

I have built this deck and I love it, there are so many board wipes that target power that will never hit your walls. The deck can draw, ramp, removal and combat damage so well. It can also be super cheap to build.

Railing Kill
Nov 14, 2008

Rythe posted:

Cloudstone Curio really shines in that deck and if you have a copy of Alluren you pretty much just draw your entire deck.

I have built this deck and I love it, there are so many board wipes that target power that will never hit your walls. The deck can draw, ramp, removal and combat damage so well. It can also be super cheap to build.

This goon knows what's up. The only reason Curio and Alluren aren't in my version are because I don't own them and it was built on a low budget. But if you have (or proxy) Alluren, it is a must-include.

Toph Bei Fong
Feb 29, 2008

Batterypowered7 posted:

You can only activate the bullies on the turn of the opponent you're giving a creature to, so no Sundial.

E:

I think it's beyond ridiculous to call playing a single card "potentially setting up a magical Christmas land," specially after taking the time to type out some multi-card gotcha play that doesn't even work because the Bullies don't work the way you thought they did.

Could even use it to just let your commander hit the bin and then cast it again from your hand without having to pay the commander tax.

Yeah, this doesn't see too crazy to set up.

You have in play: Beamtown Bullies, Royal Assassin, Seedborn Muse, and in graveyard: Leveler

Activate Bullies, give opponent Leveler, they lose their library. Leveler must attack due to goad, you kill Leveler in response with Assassin, so it doesn't get exiled and goes back to your graveyard. Rinse and Repeat when Seedborn untaps everything on next opponent's turn.

It's as vulnerable to interaction as any multi-card combo that relies on creatures is. Not as efficient as Oracle/Consult or Heliod/Ballista, but dumb/fun in that janky sort of way, like a Zurgo/Worldslayer lock

Batterypowered7
Aug 8, 2009

Toph Bei Fong posted:

Yeah, this doesn't see too crazy to set up.

You have in play: Beamtown Bullies, Royal Assassin, Seedborn Muse, and in graveyard: Leveler

Activate Bullies, give opponent Leveler, they lose their library. Leveler must attack due to goad, you kill Leveler in response with Assassin, so it doesn't get exiled and goes back to your graveyard. Rinse and Repeat when Seedborn untaps everything on next opponent's turn.

It's as vulnerable to interaction as any multi-card combo that relies on creatures is. Not as efficient as Oracle/Consult or Heliod/Ballista, but dumb/fun in that janky sort of way, like a Zurgo/Worldslayer lock

You don't even need to have Seedborn Muse out to do it turn after turn in order to get appreciable value out of it. You only have three opponents. Getting to use an assassin to put Leveler or whatever else back in your graveyard once and having the game come around to your turn again (to untap) would be enough. Any removal aimed at the assassin is removal that didn't get sent at your commander and the assassin can work as a deterrent for getting swung at by another important creature.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
there is no way on Earth you’re donating someone a Leveler and getting back to your turn unmolested, and if you do, then you would have won that game regardless

Batterypowered7
Aug 8, 2009

The whole point is that you made it seem like it would require the alignments of all the planets for Royal Assassin (and its ilk) to be useful.

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!

Batterypowered7 posted:

The whole point is that you made it seem like it would require the alignments of all the planets for Royal Assassin (and its ilk) to be useful.

People have the internet now. None of this is a big secret.

See also, the price spike on these cards when the precons got spoiled:

Knot My President!
Jan 10, 2005

Railing Kill posted:

Value. Lots of Defenders draw you cards at ETB. If you have good ramp, then the deck should keep itself flush with cards because all of your dudes draw you 1~2 cards to replace themselves. The meat n potatoes of my version are poo poo like Jungle Barrier, Wall of Blossoms, Wall of Omens, Carven Caryatid, etc.

Panharmonicon is a must.

Overgrown Battlement is OP in this deck if you're looking for creature ramp. Most of my ramp is your standard 2CMC green stuff: Farseek, Rampant Growth, etc. I pack extra because the deck doesn't need as much if a dedicated card draw block so I spent a lot of those slots on more ramp.

Abuse asymmetrical board wipes in white that target power. Fell the Mighty, Dusk/Dawn, Divine Reckoning, etc.

Run a couple of redundancies like Assault Formation because the deck does not work without Arcades in play.

There are some bombs available in Bant colors: Tree of Redemption, Wall of Denial are big boys. Sidar Kondo is lethal to at least one player if you have a few big bodies on board. Crashing Drawbridge gets you the much-needed haste in these colors.

It's a fun deck because you never run out of resources. But it's strictly casual because it wins by conventional attacks, and not even one big alpha strike. If you're up for that, give it a go because most of the cards are chaff and I love manufacturing reasons to use trash.

Oh, speaking of which, run Tower Defense. Run over your friends with a 20 cent uncommon. :getin:

Awesome, thank you guys! Do either of you have deck lists you could share?

edit: here's my attempt https://archidekt.com/decks/2686897#Arcade_Walls_2.0

Knot My President! fucked around with this message at 01:33 on May 7, 2022

Arcturas
Mar 30, 2011

Why is the BTB deck not playing Phage?

disaster pastor
May 1, 2007

Arcturas posted:

Why is the BTB deck not playing Phage?

Because Phage doesn't work with the Bullies.

Elysiume
Aug 13, 2009

Alone, she fights.
Specifically, Bullies target nonlegendary creature cards and Phage is legendary.

Rythe
Jan 21, 2011

Awesome, thank you guys! Do either of you have deck lists you could share?

edit: here's my attempt https://archidekt.com/decks/2686897#Arcade_Walls_2.0

I don't yet but I can take mine and put it on Moxfield this weekend, would give me a chance to do some edits and optimize it. I'll post the link when I do.

Railing Kill
Nov 14, 2008

Likewise. I have like thirty decks so I'm behind on putting some of them on Moxfield. I'll get Arcades up tomorrow morning for you.

Knot My President!
Jan 10, 2005

Thanks guys :) appreciate it

Toph Bei Fong
Feb 29, 2008

Bust Rodd posted:

there is no way on Earth you’re donating someone a Leveler and getting back to your turn unmolested, and if you do, then you would have won that game regardless

Yeah, seems like it would fall into the sort of suboptimal but fun style that only works at that weird intersection of "we're playing mean but not cEDH" that Tergrid and Atraxa also fall into. Too brutal for battlecruiser with no interaction, but not fast and secure enough for hyper competitive.

Railing Kill
Nov 14, 2008

No prob. Here you go:

https://www.moxfield.com/decks/msZlaEKk_kSrxKi-dtxAGQ

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
https://www.twitch.tv/monarchmedia

MLC games have started, going on for a few hours

Arcturas
Mar 30, 2011

Elysiume posted:

Specifically, Bullies target nonlegendary creature cards and Phage is legendary.

Booooo.

Rythe
Jan 21, 2011

https://www.moxfield.com/decks/WB99zpwieU2azPqweBfZwA

This is my currentish build, minus the OG Dual lands and a few expensive cards the deck is fairly straight forward and casual aimed. Nothing is really oppressive, just value generation and turns creatures sideways to smash people . I think it is a fairly casual deck that can generate answers for just about everything.

Balon
May 23, 2010

...my greatest work yet.

Bust Rodd posted:

https://www.twitch.tv/monarchmedia

MLC games have started, going on for a few hours

Hell of a start to the season

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

Elysiume posted:

Would Mirror Box remedy that? Or would it still be labeled as a Legendary?

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

RIP Lutri: 5/19/20-4/2/20
:blizz::gamefreak:

Jiro posted:

Would Mirror Box remedy that? Or would it still be labeled as a Legendary?

Nope. For various reasons.
The cards are still legendary, the rule just does not apply to them. Also it doesn't affect cards in graveyards. I don't think there's a way to remove the legendary type from a card in a graveyard.

Elysiume
Aug 13, 2009

Alone, she fights.
Yeah, I don't know of anything that can make Phage non-legendary while in a graveyard.

Elysiume fucked around with this message at 04:26 on May 8, 2022

Infinite Karma
Oct 23, 2004
Good as dead

Body Double would work hypothetically, if it was in the right color identity.

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

RIP Lutri: 5/19/20-4/2/20
:blizz::gamefreak:

Infinite Karma posted:

Body Double would work hypothetically, if it was in the right color identity.

I don't think so, as the controller would be the one making the choice, and they can always choose "no creature."

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

Kurieg posted:

Nope. For various reasons.
The cards are still legendary, the rule just does not apply to them. Also it doesn't affect cards in graveyards. I don't think there's a way to remove the legendary type from a card in a graveyard.

Gotcha thanks for clarifying.

Also!

Prof made good on his stretch goal to start a paper MTG series! Starts next Monday! Gonna cover all the formats it seems. He flew out the One More Mana crew!! :dance: Oh god please Prof don't turn out to be a massive pile of poo poo I want to like this series for a long loving time.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U8-JsQd93S4

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
If Prof had done something cancelable I feel like he’d have been called out by now, he just seems like a wife guy who spends all his time with his family. Obviously he could be John Wayne Gacy under those tweed jackets but I doubt it

Batterypowered7
Aug 8, 2009

Best kept secret in the Magic community is that prof kidnaps children and sells their organs to fund his ventures.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
True, but he only kidnaps Children of the Corn and Damiens

LifeLynx
Feb 27, 2001

Dang so this is like looking over his shoulder in real-time
Grimey Drawer
Hello Commander goons. Can anyone compile or help me find a list of the most popular/common tokens made in Commander? I'm thinking about doing some big charity project and my LGS is a Commander hot spot, but I haven't played Commander with anyone in years. Thanks!

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
It’s treasure tokens by a country mile, then probably goblins/elves/saprolings

take three tablets
Nov 21, 2005

Hell Gem
Treasure/Food/Clue for sure, then 3/3 beasts and elephants are my most common tokens by far.

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

Treasure, Zombies, Elves, the "Copy" token, Plant and Saprolings, Cats, Soldier/Warrior, Spirits, possibly Dogs

I brought my Drake
Jul 10, 2014

These high-G injections have some serious side effects after pulling so many jumps.

There's also the legendary frog token that Tatsunari, Toad Rider makes. Kermit?

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!

LifeLynx posted:

Hello Commander goons. Can anyone compile or help me find a list of the most popular/common tokens made in Commander? I'm thinking about doing some big charity project and my LGS is a Commander hot spot, but I haven't played Commander with anyone in years. Thanks!

I'm almost certain this is correct (the rest are too fringe/niche):
1. Treasure
2. Urza's Saga Construct
3. Copy
4. The Monarch
5. Maskwood Nexus Shapeshifter

Of the niche ones, it's 0/1 plant > Goblin > Zombie > Vampire.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Knot My President!
Jan 10, 2005

My Arcades singles are arriving this week— thanks for the help guys :)

I finally went infinite with my Mogis deck despite three people teaming against me from turn 3 too, felt good :madmax: