Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Platystemon)

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

CRUSTY MINGE posted:

I look forward to twitter going the way of myspace the moment someone opens Shitter.

Trumpet, the social media platform where everyone is subscribed to trump

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
Shitter.com is for sale though, last I looked.

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

Nu.... number go down?!?

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe

You can't argue with the math.

30.5 Days
Nov 19, 2006
We can all agree that if number keeps going down, it will eventually be 0, if not lower

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

30.5 Days posted:

We can all agree that if number keeps going down, it will eventually be 0, if not lower

down is just up, from a different point of view

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb
When I was in Tokyo (not for anime) I remember looking around the metro station and thinking "drat, I should never ever ever have kids". It's super weird being in such dense crowds and it never lets up pretty much. Guy working at the train station has a big bar that he uses to shove people into the train car so the door can close.

Mameluke
Aug 2, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Good thing Griffin and the other old one clearly, deeply, hate their absent father and have yet passed on being Tesla Crypto Influencers

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Anybody lose their glasses?

CRUSTY MINGE posted:

I look forward to twitter going the way of myspace the moment someone opens Shitter.

open shitter you say? :goatsecx:

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur

Kitfox88 posted:

open shitter you say? :goatsecx:

:justpost:

Into the shitterverse.

Tulip
Jun 3, 2008

yeah thats pretty good

CRUSTY MINGE posted:

Ban anime and maybe he'll get the birth rate he wants in Japan. That genie is out of the bottle though.

Something like two months ago he was clamoring for higher birth rates. He's been on this kick for a bit. Meanwhile he has a loving starting lineup's worth of children he actively ignores.

p sure the only reason he cares about japan as opposed to other low-birthrate countries like Italy is that he wants anime

him and grimes had matching incest hentai pfps for a while

30.5 Days posted:

*laughs asymptotically*

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

I don't jailbreak the androids, I set them free.

WATCH MARS EXPRESS (2023)

Tulip posted:

p sure the only reason he cares about japan as opposed to other low-birthrate countries like Italy is that he wants anime

*laughs asymptotically*

hey now, their weird ethno-state policies probably don't hurt

Abongination
Aug 18, 2010

Life, it's the shit that happens while you're waiting for moments that never come.
Pillbug
The birth rate thing is a major alt right talking point

Tulip
Jun 3, 2008

yeah thats pretty good

tokin opposition posted:

hey now, their weird ethno-state policies probably don't hurt

Fun fact: under apartheid, Japanese people were considered white, while Chinese people were not. This was because it was in the terms of a steel trade import deal between SA and Japan.

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider
Italy should make anime

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

Tulip posted:

Fun fact: under apartheid, Japanese people were considered white, while Chinese people were not. This was because it was in the terms of a steel trade import deal between SA and Japan.

What was Lowtax doing with the steel?

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Cup Runneth Over posted:

What was Lowtax doing with the steel?

Maintaining the servers. Poorly.

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

Tulip posted:

wtf lol can you give me a link

30.5 Days
Nov 19, 2006

Tulip posted:

This is the craziest most brilliant poo poo, it would never even occur to me to be like "oh yeah and we want to be white"

Antonymous
Apr 4, 2009

its very cyberpunk for a visiting japanese businessman to hold up a card proving they are legally white & here to negotiate steel prices and then entering a bar in johannesburg or w.e

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
They had some, uh, experience in pacts with white supremacists.

Antonymous
Apr 4, 2009

in a unrelated thing I just realized that the USA has greencard quotas for every country but for some reason the EU counts as its constituent countries, not as one country, and the already obvious racist logic is sorta too out in the open

Ramrod Hotshot
May 30, 2003

Salt Fish posted:

When I was in Tokyo (not for anime)

who do you think you're fooling, pal

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

Every nerd thinks he can just up and move to Japan and start repopulating. Elon's just another drop in the online creep bucket.

Laterite
Mar 14, 2007

It's Gutfest '89
Grimey Drawer

CRUSTY MINGE posted:

you know what happens once everyone on earth joins shitter?

that's right

shitter's full

CodfishCartographer
Feb 23, 2010

Gadus Maprocephalus

Pillbug

Tulip posted:

Unfortunately I'm pretty sure that was confirmed to have been a photoshop

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Antonymous posted:

its very cyberpunk for a visiting japanese businessman to hold up a card proving they are legally white & here to negotiate steel prices and then entering a bar in johannesburg or w.e

Is SA even one of those countries that would honor the government's official line or would white seth efrikens say wow nice card, thank you kindly, won't you please step in the back while locking the door and turning off the light

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...
Elon will invent a submarine you can gently caress and impregnate

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

Alan Smithee posted:

Elon will invent a submarine you can gently caress and impregnate

ymgve
Jan 2, 2004

:dukedog:
Offensive Clock

Antonymous posted:

in a unrelated thing I just realized that the USA has greencard quotas for every country but for some reason the EU counts as its constituent countries, not as one country, and the already obvious racist logic is sorta too out in the open

uhhh, what would the alternative be? consider EU a single giant country even though it's not? I don't see the racist logic in treating countries as countries

silentsnack
Mar 19, 2009

Donald John Trump (born June 14, 1946) is the 45th and current President of the United States. Before entering politics, he was a businessman and television personality.

someone's got a case of Tube Fever

Tulip
Jun 3, 2008

yeah thats pretty good

mawarannahr posted:

wtf lol can you give me a link

https://web.archive.org/web/20080709144156/http://www.time.com/time/magazine/article/0,9171,895835,00.html

Milo and POTUS posted:

Is SA even one of those countries that would honor the government's official line or would white seth efrikens say wow nice card, thank you kindly, won't you please step in the back while locking the door and turning off the light

I first learned about this b/c a Japanese guy got refused bus service on a whites only bus and sued and the defense for the bus driver was that he "looked Chinese."

ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

mawarannahr posted:

he’s planning to repopulate Japan with himself.

Even in his horny perverted ideas he cannot help but copy his master, Jeffrey Epstein.

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

Tulip posted:

https://web.archive.org/web/20080709144156/http://www.time.com/time/magazine/article/0,9171,895835,00.html

I first learned about this b/c a Japanese guy got refused bus service on a whites only bus and sued and the defense for the bus driver was that he "looked Chinese."

I told someone about this and they said Trevor Noah mentions it in his recent autobiography. I’ve heard a few other interesting stories from this book. maybe it’s worth a read???

chestnut santabag
Jul 3, 2006

Yeah apartheid south Africa legally had four racial groups - white, black, coloured and Indian. So trying to classify Chinese residents and Japanese visitors was a bit of grey area. I think they may have been considered Indian and then "promoted" to honorary white later on. There was a court ruling more recently which recognises South African citizens of Chinese descent as being black so that they can get aid intended for "previously advantaged" people.
Trevor Noah's history is quite interesting as his parents are white and black so he would have been an illegal mixed-race child and was classified as coloured even though he had no cultural ties to any of the coloured communities.

30.5 Days
Nov 19, 2006

chestnut santabag posted:

Yeah apartheid south Africa legally had four racial groups - white, black, coloured and Indian.

Well sure

quote:

I think they may have been considered Indian

Obviously

30.5 Days
Nov 19, 2006
I can wrap my head around someone hating people different from them, but the moment you're in a trade negotiation and the guy across the table says "japan shouldn't count as indian anymore" how does it not occur to you that you went wrong somewhere along the way?

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

30.5 Days posted:

I can wrap my head around someone hating people different from them, but the moment you're in a trade negotiation and the guy across the table says "japan shouldn't count as indian anymore" how does it not occur to you that you went wrong somewhere along the way?

it's a paltry cognitive dissonance compared to what we have built for ourselves today

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

30.5 Days posted:

Most of the people doing this are completely aware of how stupid it is and are just looking for a way to push down the other. Logic doesn't matter anywhere near as much as feeling superior than the out group. Do not try to understand it because it doesn't matter.

Sure you will get your people getting worked up over blood quantum's and things of that nature but to the people wielding the power up the top it is a tool to suppress and nothing more.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Antonymous
Apr 4, 2009

ymgve posted:

uhhh, what would the alternative be? consider EU a single giant country even though it's not? I don't see the racist logic in treating countries as countries

the US limits some green cards/visas to be something like

only 7% issued can be to any single country

So even though maybe 20% of people applying are Indian, they can only get 7%. But if you're from Lithuania you basically do not need to worry about this quota

It's a policy that uses a logic, not a sound logic mind you, that coincidentally means that europeans can migrate to the US in much greater number because europe's history has led its territories to retain semi-nationhood