Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Binary Badger
Oct 11, 2005

Trolling Link for a decade

The day before I had an Impossible burger from BK, it was as good as a reg Whopper as far as I could tell.

Probably not the healthiest, cause of high sugar bun and their rear end quality mayo and trimmings, but it was hot, and that made it good

Last night was Spaghetti-Os with franks. I chopped up some veggies franks, tastes the same if a little chewier; I add some of those Japanese chili flakes and Goya (oh boys) garlic.

It's stayed down at least.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

His Divine Shadow
Aug 7, 2000

I'm not a fascist. I'm a priest. Fascists dress up in black and tell people what to do.
Last night meat & potatoes (+bread)

Tonight, no meat and notatoes

runchild
May 26, 2010

420 smoke 🎨artisanal🍑 melange erryday

Wife’s mother’s husband brought fancy steaks for me to cook again. I was more prepared this time and had some compound butter ready, but I had no clue that I was also bacon-wrapping them.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
That looks amazing.

I had a NY strip with my parent's earlier for my birthday. Not quite my dinner but it was theirs.

gleebster
Dec 16, 2006

Only a howler
Pillbug
Nice bit of steak.

Me, I made dumplings. Mushrooms, bamboo shoots, and chili-garlic paste.

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

Bacon wrapped filet is weird to me.

You're paying an absolute premium for the least fatty cut with a delicate flavour and then wrapping it in an extremely cheap fatty meat that overpowers everything.

I dunno to each their own I suppose.

Wendigee
Jul 19, 2004

Rum and coke. I got leftover broccoli beef and rice from Friday if I get hungry later.

Taking my mom to our favorite Mexican joint tomorrow for mother's day so I'm staying lean.

Gonna eat the poo poo out of the"tres amigos" (3 cheese and onion enchiladas) tomorrow with the best drat chips and salsa that I've ever had.

They like crush the ingredients into a salsa instead of chopping so it's kind of soupy but there's so much tomato pulp you just stir it with the chip to recombine :kiss:

Valko
Sep 18, 2015
Goddamn. It's been a while since I posted in here but all these pics look amazing. Especially that Steak and the Mackerel in Tomato sauce. I made a Jalfrezi.

https://www.bbcgoodfood.com/recipes/chicken-jalfrezi

I modified the recipe by using padron peppers instead of bell. A lot more chillies, mushrooms* and a bashed lemon grass stick. I had no coriander leaf. Also ginger.

Sauce first. It'll be blended together when finished.

Threw the 'shrooms in several minutes before finishing with some garam masala.

It's going in the fridge for now. My aunt is coming for dinner and this is too spicy for her. Curry is always better the day after anyway. Taste tested it and it was gooood.

*Mushrooms in Jalfrezi are not traditional. My favourite Indian restauraunt is this place called Mama Masala. They put mushrooms in their Jalfrezi and it was like a revelation for me. They do Italian and Indian food but I don't think anyone ever eats the Italian stuff. They probably do a brisk trade in takeaway pizzas downstairs though.
https://www.facebook.com/MamaMasala/

gleebster
Dec 16, 2006

Only a howler
Pillbug

Valko posted:

Goddamn. It's been a while since I posted in here but all these pics look amazing. Especially that Steak and the Mackerel in Tomato sauce. I made a Jalfrezi.

https://www.bbcgoodfood.com/recipes/chicken-jalfrezi

I modified the recipe by using padron peppers instead of bell. A lot more chillies, mushrooms* and a bashed lemon grass stick. I had no coriander leaf. Also ginger.

Sauce first. It'll be blended together when finished.

Threw the 'shrooms in several minutes before finishing with some garam masala.

It's going in the fridge for now. My aunt is coming for dinner and this is too spicy for her. Curry is always better the day after anyway. Taste tested it and it was gooood.

*Mushrooms in Jalfrezi are not traditional. My favourite Indian restauraunt is this place called Mama Masala. They put mushrooms in their Jalfrezi and it was like a revelation for me. They do Italian and Indian food but I don't think anyone ever eats the Italian stuff. They probably do a brisk trade in takeaway pizzas downstairs though.
https://www.facebook.com/MamaMasala/

So this isn't what you had for dinner? :mods:
Seriously, it looks good.

I just had a bacon and cheese sandwich on an onion bagel. Good, but dry.

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
Pizza, pepperoni

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993
I got a papa johns pizza with ranch sauce, steak, bacon, and spinach. I got it well done and instead of slightly more cooked this time it was close to black. The odd combo was a risk but the added char flavor is not working with it at all. going to need a lot of hot sauce for this I think

nexous
Jan 14, 2003

I just want to be pure
Had sushi delivered. A+

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

Wendigee
Jul 19, 2004

lol BWBD you one of my faves.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

I made rice with vegetables but I overcooked the rice and didn't season it enough and it ended up being pretty bland so I ate it with sweet chilli sauce. Oh well. My housemate said it looked good, but she didn't eat any.

nexous
Jan 14, 2003

I just want to be pure
Makin what the gently caress do you have in your fridge stew

Looks p good. close to a jambalaya and/or stew

Sausage, onion, garlic, tomatoes, okra, beans, potato, red wine, cumin, oregano, coriander, rice, spinach

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
Slice of leftover pepperoni and a couple boneless hot buffalo.

gleebster
Dec 16, 2006

Only a howler
Pillbug
Cesar salad. Baked ziti.

Worf
Sep 12, 2017

If only Seth would love me like I love him!

corn flakes but no milk so doing water

adeadcrab
Feb 1, 2006

Objectifying women is cool and normal

Worf posted:

corn flakes but no milk so doing water

Blend up some extra corn flakes with water to make a corn flakes slurry milk substitute.

Not dinner but I blended up some leftover pumpkin soup, reduced it to thicken and added salt, pepper and cinnamon. Was quite nice and should make it more in the upcoming winter months.

TontoCorazon
Aug 18, 2007

Pasta with pesto and lemon butter shrimp

runchild
May 26, 2010

420 smoke 🎨artisanal🍑 melange erryday

We had to go downtown for something, so it was a perfect opportunity to have dinner at this amazing fried chicken place. Wife and I split half a bird, horseradish mashed potatoes, and their mac and cheese. It’s seriously one of my favorite meals ever.

Photo credit to my wife cause I was too busy chowing down.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
Horseradish mashed potatoes sounds awesome.

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

Pennywise the Frown posted:

Horseradish mashed potatoes sounds awesome.

It's seriously the best

Worf
Sep 12, 2017

runchild posted:

We had to go downtown for something, so it was a perfect opportunity to have dinner at this amazing fried chicken place. Wife and I split half a bird, horseradish mashed potatoes, and their mac and cheese. It’s seriously one of my favorite meals ever.

Photo credit to my wife cause I was too busy chowing down.

wow its good to think of a food that has a texture and a second color

His Divine Shadow
Aug 7, 2000

I'm not a fascist. I'm a priest. Fascists dress up in black and tell people what to do.
lovely photo but it was good, carrot fritters, potatoes and stuff.

Worf
Sep 12, 2017

His Divine Shadow posted:

lovely photo but it was good, carrot fritters, potatoes and stuff.

i also take my cucumber raw

the sear on it looks delectable

a lot less liquidity than im used to but definitely would eat

NLJP
Aug 26, 2004

Saucisse aux Choux with papet Vaudois
Sorry for the crappy pic, was too hungry to adjust.

His Divine Shadow
Aug 7, 2000

Worf posted:

i also take my cucumber raw

the sear on it looks delectable

a lot less liquidity than im used to but definitely would eat

Thanks, the outside is covered in bread crumbs for a nicer and crunchier surface.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
I have never before encountered the idea of carrot fritters and now I am intrigued

Worf
Sep 12, 2017

The Bloop posted:

I have never before encountered the idea of carrot fritters and now I am intrigued

carrots are really criminally underused in western cuisine, both in what theyre capable of, and as far as frequency

a shame honestly. theyre a really noble part of the earth imo

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993
Tacos Al Carbon :taco:

His Divine Shadow
Aug 7, 2000

Worf posted:

carrots are really criminally underused in western cuisine, both in what theyre capable of, and as far as frequency

a shame honestly. theyre a really noble part of the earth imo

They're a regular part of public school food here in finland so it's a pretty well known dish here. There are variations too with other vegetables, but the ones with basically only carrots & onions are the best IMO. Breadcrumbs really raises the whole thing to another level.

Shredded carrots are also excellent to mix in with ground beef (particularly in pasta/lasagna sauce) to reduce the amount of meat needed, for economic reasons and to be more environmentally friendly. Right now I pay 1.50€ for a kg (2lbs) of carrots and cheapest g round beef is 4.30€ per 400g (1lbs)

His Divine Shadow fucked around with this message at 08:55 on May 14, 2022

Archer666
Dec 27, 2008
Chicken breast, broccoli and a big bag of veggies in curry sauce. Basically been eating the same thing for the last couple of years now cause I'm too lazy to cook for myself lol

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

His Divine Shadow posted:

Shredded carrots are also excellent to mix in with ground beef (particularly in pasta/lasagna sauce) to reduce the amount of meat needed, for economic reasons and to be more environmentally friendly. Right now I pay 1.50€ for a kg (2lbs) of carrots and cheapest g round beef is 4.30€ per 400g (1lbs)

You sonofa...!

*physically restrained

neato burrito
Aug 25, 2002

bitch better have my chex mix

Bumping this thread with Pollo con Calabaza. Basic but good.

gleebster
Dec 16, 2006

Only a howler
Pillbug
Chicken & rice soup avgolemono and a salad of mixed greens with red wine vinaigrette.

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

gleebster posted:

avgolemono

Is this a typo

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:

Lmao, check out this rube, never had avgolemono before :roflolmao:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nooner