Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

lynch_69
Jan 21, 2001

I wish I had an Emotional Deprivation Veil. It would solve so many problems in my life.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

General Battuta
Feb 7, 2011

This is how you communicate with a fellow intelligence: you hurt it, you keep on hurting it, until you can distinguish the posts from the screams.

GABA ghoul posted:

In their defense, they did analyze them and they were not radioactive at harvest time. They only turned radioactive after some time in storage, which is not something that happens in nature and you would ever expect.

The radioactivity needs time to ripen, duh.

Okay putting on my stupid idiot writer hat for a second maybe there's a compound in the tubers which uhhhhh binds to all the radioactive poo poo and (coincidentally) doesn't get digested, so the kids who eat the fresh tubers just pass the radioactive poo poo in their radioactive poo poo. But when the tubers are stored for a while the binding compound breaks down ??? and the radioactive poo poo gets digested and passed throughout the body, boom, dead kid.

All that said if your kids died of a mysterious illness you'd think taking a look at the food supply might be a priority

RudeCat
Aug 7, 2012

The rudest cat for the rudest jobs

Except you've got one kid who is eating it as well and they're totally fine.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

General Battuta posted:

The radioactivity needs time to ripen, duh.

Okay putting on my stupid idiot writer hat for a second maybe there's a compound in the tubers which uhhhhh binds to all the radioactive poo poo and (coincidentally) doesn't get digested, so the kids who eat the fresh tubers just pass the radioactive poo poo in their radioactive poo poo. But when the tubers are stored for a while the binding compound breaks down ??? and the radioactive poo poo gets digested and passed throughout the body, boom, dead kid.

All that said if your kids died of a mysterious illness you'd think taking a look at the food supply might be a priority

go eat some loving moss campion

lynch_69
Jan 21, 2001

In the Ridley Scott multiverse even the most benign, friendly androids specifically designed to nurture and preserve human life end up actively killing every human they come across

Haptical Sales Slut
Mar 15, 2010

Age 18 to 49

lynch_69 posted:

I wish I had an Emotional Deprivation Veil. It would solve so many problems in my life.

Despera
Jun 6, 2011
I missed tuber talk from season 1 and it doesnt look like I missed much

Sally Sprodgkin
May 23, 2007
If you cant suspend your disbelief for some stupid science fantasy acid ocean crap so you can hold out to the point where you get to the awesome parts of this show where a flying snake deepthroats a tree then I got some bad news for ya pal, Raised by Wolves may not be the show for you.

Just kidding, this show rules and everyone should watch it.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Sally Sprodgkin posted:

Just kidding, this show rules and everyone should watch it.

They should teach this in schools. Just an intense semester of watching a batshit TV show and then excitedly talking about how batshit it was.

Rappaport
Oct 2, 2013

I would bet a pint that someone on some college campus is absolutely lecturing a course on this show.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
Milky Robots And Radioactive Root Vegetables should be a required course at every university.

25% of the class is Father’s dad jokes.

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

brocked
Oct 25, 2005

All shall love me and despair!
RBW Mother's Day card collection?

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

So I'm guessing since we haven't heard anything about the show and HBO Max did their renewal announcements that it's dead?

I will continue to praise Sol :unsmith:

Open Source Idiom
Jan 4, 2013

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

So I'm guessing since we haven't heard anything about the show and HBO Max did their renewal announcements that it's dead?

I will continue to praise Sol :unsmith:

Still no news on way or the other -- though HBO has now renewed a show that aired after Raised By Wolves ended (Minx) so I suspect it's done.

Same with Our Flag Means Death.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

Someone see if Jeff Bezos likes robots full of milk and also space snakes.

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

would they really end the show on that final scene? yes. yes they would

in fact that kinda makes more sense of it, they don't have bother with where to go next

Collapsing Farts
Jun 29, 2018

💀
Sol was resurrected into the body of Marcus

but all he wanted to do was hang upside down and chill

and so everyone lived happily ever after

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

Open Source Idiom posted:

Same with Our Flag Means Death.

Fuckin seriously lol? God drat

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

Gonz posted:

Milky Robots And Radioactive Root Vegetables should be a required course at every university.

25% of the class is Father’s dad jokes.
The remaining 75% is egg painting with Mother.

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!
A new prophet has appeared!

https://twitter.com/nayibbukele/status/1523799427856490496?s=21&t=0jRRoINTS3GImO6AyuFQsQ

lynch_69
Jan 21, 2001

Feed this gently caress to a giant snake.

Hughmoris
Apr 21, 2007
Let's go to the abyss!

Collapsing Farts posted:

Sol was resurrected into the body of Marcus

but all he wanted to do was hang upside down and chill

and so everyone lived happily ever after

When we get a new season, I hope it's just Marcus flying around like that and giving sermons. Also, he and Mother can recreate the Spider-Man kiss 10,000 ft up.

Your Gay Uncle
Feb 16, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
I'm getting Carnivale flashbacks. Another beautifully weird HBO show that got axed after 2 seasons.

No Pants
Dec 10, 2000

Your Gay Uncle posted:

I'm getting Carnivale flashbacks. Another beautifully weird HBO show that got axed after 2 seasons.

Seeing this show in limbo has me thinking that I would like to see a second season of that one where they didn't know the show was getting canceled.

SuperMechagodzilla
Jun 9, 2007

NEWT REBORN

General Battuta posted:

They're Raised by Wolves characters, they're not exactly operating on normal person logic.

Dangerous activities on K-22 include ‘playing video games’ and ‘eating potatoes’, whereas smashing your rocketship into the planet’s core is practically harmless.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
it would be cool to have holes that deep here. our deepest holes and trenches on our planet barely register on cross section of the whole planet.

General Battuta
Feb 7, 2011

This is how you communicate with a fellow intelligence: you hurt it, you keep on hurting it, until you can distinguish the posts from the screams.

SuperMechagodzilla posted:

Dangerous activities on K-22 include ‘playing video games’ and ‘eating potatoes’, whereas smashing your rocketship into the planet’s core is practically harmless.

Did anything come of everybody eating the transmuted persontree fruit? Or was it just good eatin

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
good eatin to evolve you into a weird dog man

Open Source Idiom
Jan 4, 2013

General Battuta posted:

Did anything come of everybody eating the transmuted persontree fruit? Or was it just good eatin

Not explicitly.

Part of me wonders that if instead of waiting for the other shoe to drop there we're instead meant to get the revelation that all tropical zone trees are flesh trees.

But it could just be a next season thang.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

Saw a hole in a sheetrock wall today at Home Depot. Was very tempted to put my arm in the hole and unlock a hidden passage (or become incinerated).

Kingo Ligma
Aug 24, 2019

Ask me about calling people racist because I failed geography.

Gonz posted:

Saw a hole in a sheetrock wall today at Home Depot. Was very tempted to put my arm in the hole and unlock a hidden passage (or become incinerated).

The Home depot employee on the other side probably wasn't prepared to get an arm in their mouth

Hughmoris
Apr 21, 2007
Let's go to the abyss!

Gonz posted:

Sol was testing your faith, and you failed him. :mad:

ymgve
Jan 2, 2004

:dukedog:
Offensive Clock

Khanstant posted:

it would be cool to have holes that deep here. our deepest holes and trenches on our planet barely register on cross section of the whole planet.

There are some really deep holes but they constantly fill up with lava

mrmcd
Feb 22, 2003

Pictured: The only good cop (a fictional one).

New Season 3 trailer:

https://twitter.com/TommySiegel/status/1524883947485704194

Eiba
Jul 26, 2007

General Battuta posted:

I mean, it was made of people. I think people who knew Sue as a person would have a conceptual issue with that.

But yeah, I was kind of expecting there to be more of a consequence to all that, but I think it was just a disturbing incidental detail. The fact that nothing came of it was part of what made Marcus and Paul lose their faith. Sue died, not to enlighten the masses with divine fruit, but just to power up a dumb killer snake.

Or else there was going to be more in the 3rd season it looks like we're not getting.

THIS_IS_FINE
May 21, 2001

Slippery Tilde
I'm assuming this would have been renewed by now if that was their plan? Are there any rumors on what's going on with this?

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
i work at a factory and we just got a huge order for and edible face-caul that stretches to cover your whole body, it's like a big fruit roll-up almost. I sampled one of them and when i chewed my way out of my cocoon I finally figured out what it tasted like, a little bit like cherry but with heavy undertones of the feeling you get when "season 3 is renewed." rumor has it they're making a line of cereals and fruit-snacks gearing up for a big season 3 push, trying to get more of the kid audience who are an underperforming audience demo despite most of the cast being kids, by volume.

Hughmoris
Apr 21, 2007
Let's go to the abyss!

THIS_IS_FINE posted:

I'm assuming this would have been renewed by now if that was their plan? Are there any rumors on what's going on with this?

Clearly, some of you people aren't doing enough to appease Sol. I've been going around town, throwing kids in pits and sticking my arms in holes, so I'm doing my part.

Be better, and we might get renewed. :mad:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Regretful Humming
Apr 27, 2015
I've been telling knock knock jokes, increasingly annoying my significant other. Either Sol will be appeased or I'll find myself deactivated.