Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

rpop
Dec 17, 2003

noveo@ace

Waroduce posted:

Lmao my dad is so fuckin pissed that there is LITERALLY 0 MERCHANDISE THAT SAYS MIAMI F1 ON ANY SHIRTS OR HATS.

How do you miss that merchandising opportunity jfc.

Got you covered:

https://www.amazon.com/Racing-Special-Miami-T-Shirt-White/dp/B09ZK9LQQB
https://f1store4.formula1.com/en/miami/c-32087462+z-9073386-3222696164

The McLaren gear doesn't seem to be available until next Friday, maybe it'll be discounted since the grand prix is over

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Cimber posted:

130 for a tshirt is loving insane.

compared to givenchy yeah it is loving insane

insanely cheap that is

Rebus
Jan 18, 2006

Meanwhile, somewhere in Grove, work begins on next season's Williams F1 car...

Thanks Ants posted:

Dorilton are American aren’t they, checks out

:smith:

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

FAUXTON posted:

compared to givenchy yeah it is loving insane

insanely cheap that is

Back when I was in the office my favourite game to play with coworkers is to pull up something from Off-White's website and have everyone take a guess at how much it cost lol

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

Rebus why aren't you sponsored by Ponos anymore. I love that loving dumb cat mobile gatcha game.

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

What did Rokit do? I suspect even the worst sponsor of five years ago was more legit than crypto.

nom epique
Apr 24, 2022

by VideoGames
Live laugh love leclerc

nom epique
Apr 24, 2022

by VideoGames
I’m an Alpha Tauri man myself. Redbull did Gasley dead wrong and now “devil horn” Horner is paying the price.

Rhopunzel
Jan 6, 2006

Stroll together, win together

Thanks Ants posted:

What did Rokit do? I suspect even the worst sponsor of five years ago was more legit than crypto.

they were a polish cellphone provider afaik?

Pr0kjayhawk
Nov 30, 2002

:pervert:Zoom Zoom, motherfuckers:pervert:

learnincurve posted:

She just did a uh huh move on Horner and got him to briefly pause his bullshit which owned.

I’m petty enough that I looked for this clip and couldn’t find it.

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000

Dexo posted:

It really is tragic how Toto has failed Lewis this year.
I think it's actually the entire nation of Germany who failed Our Sir Lewis. First they build Nordstream and now this? They may be a lovely polite people with a peaceful history but they have a lot to atone for this year.

Also, I heard that a car company from the same great country as the great Ducati Motor Holding S.p.A. did well in a car race quali today. Congrats to whoever that was!

Also yes it is a totally dominant chad move for Sir Lewis to have a dick piercing and to tell us all about it. He's epic.

Also I have a theorem to postulate herein. I have formulated this after viewing many unjustified critical posts about Our Dan. I propose that it is not moral to cheer for or badmouth a driver based on their driving performance. Sir Lewis was and is the most righteous driver because of his fashion sense and dedication to righteous causes and his achievement of ending racism (as opposed to the sport of F1 which merely seconded it) and climate change. Dan is a very good driver because he's cute and funny. Max is the worst driver because of his infamous historic behavior on and off track. The fact of Max's WDC -- its legitimacy aside -- does not make him a good driver, just as his lack of WDC prior did not make him a bad driver. To believe a driver is good based on their driving performance is to subscribe to the long discredited Victorian world view of Social Darwinism, survival of the fittest. This is a crime of sports fandom, it is wrong. Might does not make right, but having a dick piercing does.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
Ricciardo more like Rifraudslow

The Papayas are bad and Lando needs to jump ship asap. Trade him for Car-loss imho.

MrMojok
Jan 28, 2011

Schumacher never drove a spike through his penis, I am pretty sure Senna and Jimmy Clark didn't either

What has happened to are once-Great Sport

JAY ZERO SUM GAME
Oct 18, 2005

Walter.
I know you know how to do this.
Get up.

Imagine how good senna would have been with a platinum spike through his frenulum

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Thanks Ants posted:

rokit still sponsors indycars lol

Rhopunzel posted:

they were a polish cellphone provider afaik?

https://rokit.com/

actually you'll find that ROKiT is everything to everyone

Anime Store Adventure
May 6, 2009

JAY ZERO SUM GAME posted:

Imagine how good senna would have been with a platinum spike through his frenulum

Wasn’t it senna who said “If you no longer [pierce] a gap that exists, you’re no longer a racing driver.”

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

Anime Store Adventure posted:

Wasn’t it senna who said “If you no longer [pierce] a gap that exists, you’re no longer a racing driver.”

He proved himself wrong by no longer being a racing driver after piercing a gap through his skull with a suspension rod

Residency Evil
Jul 28, 2003

4/5 godo... Schumi

Alaois posted:

I like when a company has a focus, like rockit selling “phones drinks services Wi-Fi content ebikes,” or Ferrari selling cologne.

Mode 7
Jul 28, 2007

Please stop bullying my best friend Daniel Ricciardo in this thread thank you :australia:

unless it's about his terrible overpriced poo poo wine

MrMojok
Jan 28, 2011

Feels Villeneuve posted:

He proved himself wrong by no longer being a racing driver after piercing a gap through his skull with a suspension rod

MODS

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester posted:

I think it's actually the entire nation of Germany who failed Our Sir Lewis. First they build Nordstream and now this? They may be a lovely polite people with a peaceful history but they have a lot to atone for this year.

Also, I heard that a car company from the same great country as the great Ducati Motor Holding S.p.A. did well in a car race quali today. Congrats to whoever that was!

Also yes it is a totally dominant chad move for Sir Lewis to have a dick piercing and to tell us all about it. He's epic.

Also I have a theorem to postulate herein. I have formulated this after viewing many unjustified critical posts about Our Dan. I propose that it is not moral to cheer for or badmouth a driver based on their driving performance. Sir Lewis was and is the most righteous driver because of his fashion sense and dedication to righteous causes and his achievement of ending racism (as opposed to the sport of F1 which merely seconded it) and climate change. Dan is a very good driver because he's cute and funny. Max is the worst driver because of his infamous historic behavior on and off track. The fact of Max's WDC -- its legitimacy aside -- does not make him a good driver, just as his lack of WDC prior did not make him a bad driver. To believe a driver is good based on their driving performance is to subscribe to the long discredited Victorian world view of Social Darwinism, survival of the fittest. This is a crime of sports fandom, it is wrong. Might does not make right, but having a dick piercing does.

fyallm
Feb 27, 2007

College Slice
This forum, made me pick Bottas when I first got into this dumb sport. So he will win tomorrow.

nawilo_420
Nov 24, 2021
Probation
Can't post for 12 days!
Lewis still the goat so what

Rebus
Jan 18, 2006

italian quid posted:

Rebus why aren't you sponsored by Ponos anymore. I love that loving dumb cat mobile gatcha game.

Hadn't even noticed they'd gone. I guess it silently expired.

Thanks Ants posted:

They're still sponsoring in other series I think?

I'm still thankful to rokit, not for their terrible phones which I had to endure for a year, but their rokit drinks sub-brand which introduced me to ABK beer.

Myrddin_Emrys
Mar 27, 2007

by Hand Knit

Panic! At The Tesco posted:

"i hosed it"

- Max Verstappen

lol

"So did I"

- Danill Kvyat

Dudley
Feb 24, 2003

Tasty

Rebus posted:

I'm still thankful to rokit, not for their terrible phones which I had to endure for a year, but their rokit drinks sub-brand which introduced me to ABK beer.

Did you at least get some freebies? And if you drank enough beer did the terrible screen on the phone look ok?

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh

Pr0kjayhawk posted:

I’m petty enough that I looked for this clip and couldn’t find it.

yeh I wasn't going to go back and find it myself or remember it that accurately, because Horner is basically everyone you hate on twitter and facbook in one man.

Myrddin_Emrys
Mar 27, 2007

by Hand Knit

learnincurve posted:

yeh I wasn't going to go back and find it myself or remember it that accurately, because Horner is basically everyone you hate on twitter and facbook in one man.

Horner is a despicably, horrible, attention seeking rear end in a top hat. I like Max and support him becuase I saw his talent when he came into the sport, and very much like Rosberg I saw there could be a world champion here and enjoyed his progression through the sport. Its good and cool to support new exceptional talents because having the same WCC and WDC year in and year out is loving BORING

However I do not like Redbull and I always view Newey as the F1 Judas. He lost my respect when he decided to gush his autistic air flow obsessions upon the Red Bull technicians, speaking about aero and air distibrutions to the camera with an almost manic, schizophrenic euphoria often with spittle spraying the air didnt quite seem as genius while wearing a RedBull shirt.

TLDR stuff.

nawilo_420
Nov 24, 2021
Probation
Can't post for 12 days!

Myrddin_Emrys posted:

Horner is a despicably, horrible, attention seeking rear end in a top hat. I like Max and support him becuase I saw his talent when he came into the sport, and very much like Rosberg I saw there could be a world champion here and enjoyed his progression through the sport. Its good and cool to support new exceptional talents because having the same WCC and WDC year in and year out is loving BORING

However I do not like Redbull and I always view Newey as the F1 Judas. He lost my respect when he decided to gush his autistic air flow obsessions upon the Red Bull technicians, speaking about aero and air distibrutions to the camera with an almost manic, schizophrenic euphoria often with spittle spraying the air didnt quite seem as genius while wearing a RedBull shirt.

TLDR stuff.

I simply wouldn't support the racist moron and his chud dad but that's just me

Diorama
Apr 18, 2006

i remember when all this was fields

Myrddin_Emrys posted:

Horner is a despicably, horrible, attention seeking rear end in a top hat.

I've been flippng between this and a Simpsons thread and read this as 'Homer'

Rebus
Jan 18, 2006

Dudley posted:

Did you at least get some freebies? And if you drank enough beer did the terrible screen on the phone look ok?

Yeah we got a 4 pack of special edition beer with a picture of Frank (famous teetotaler) on the label.

I could manage with the screen, but the audio quality was like everyone was underwater. Also they overheated and crashed daily.

Rhopunzel
Jan 6, 2006

Stroll together, win together

Alaois posted:

lmao what a strange exercise in confused brand identity

u should be able to tell what a companys purpose is within like 5 seconds of opening its site

ROKITs like....no, we do everything. all of it

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
look like the front end of a future tech investment firm.

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

It’s not really any different to Mission Winnow or A Better Tomorrow or whatever it was called

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

Thanks Ants posted:

It’s not really any different to Mission Winnow or A Better Tomorrow or whatever it was called

wow what an endorsement.

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

Were you not inspired by the Mission Winnow story?

Deltasquid
Apr 10, 2013

awww...
you guys made me ink!

THUNDERDOME

Rhopunzel posted:

lmao what a strange exercise in confused brand identity

u should be able to tell what a companys purpose is within like 5 seconds of opening its site

ROKITs like....no, we do everything. all of it

I hate the trend of the past 10 years where every company just offers “solutions”. I see it every day at my job, and every time again I have to dig into the weeds for 30 minutes until I figure out what they’re exactly selling and how I should value them.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

Deltasquid posted:

I hate the trend of the past 10 years where every company just offers “solutions”. I see it every day at my job, and every time again I have to dig into the weeds for 30 minutes until I figure out what they’re exactly selling and how I should value them.

Every white collar job is just some form of consulting.

boop the snoot fucked around with this message at 13:24 on May 8, 2022

Deltasquid
Apr 10, 2013

awww...
you guys made me ink!

THUNDERDOME

boop the snoot posted:

Every white collar job is just some form of consulting.

That’s the hosed up thing, I do environmental and product liability law so the vast majority of companies I review actually manufacture things. It’s just a whole ordeal to pull their teeth until they actually tell me what it is

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

Management consultancy: when you don't want to make a decision that you can be held accountable for