Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Night Danger Moose
Jan 5, 2004

YO SOY FIESTA

Flash Gordon Ramsay posted:

Anyone have any experience with those reconfigurable sectionals? Lovesac makes them, as do lots of other companies. No idea which manufacturers I should consider though.

Loved the sactional I had with a bf. Very comfy, he slept on it a lot. Cat loved it too. Expensive but easy enough to move and reconfigure, went through a few moves with it with no issues.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

His Divine Shadow posted:

Bought my own trailer, so I don't have to keep borrowing my parents trailer.

Now all you need is an aisankannattaja.

djfooboo
Oct 16, 2004

Anyone have any experience with those reconfigurable sectionals? Lovesac makes them, as do lots of other companies. No idea which manufacturers I should consider though.

These things are a dime a dozen. The most important thing is to make sure you inspect them for build quality. Tug on everything, try to rock the arm loose, look underneath to see what type and size wood the frame is made of. My wife was so embarrassed at me “fighting the furniture” at the store, but we made better choices in the end.

Flash Gordon Ramsay
Sep 28, 2004

Grimey Drawer
See I was hoping to do mail order, but not taking that risk without some good (trusted) reviews.

Edit: if I go to the furniture store is it wrong to test it for stain resistance or nah

TotalLossBrain
Oct 20, 2010

Hier graben!
By the time the average goon is done test sitting on the couch, they ought to know about stain resistance.

I'm also buying a sectional soon. Stain and golden retriever resistance are my demands.

wheatpuppy
Apr 25, 2008

YOU HAVE MY POST!

See I was hoping to do mail order, but not taking that risk without some good (trusted) reviews.

Edit: if I go to the furniture store is it wrong to test it for stain resistance or nah

Real talk, when I bought my sofa some years ago, the saleslady had a binder of swatches treated with various levels of scotchgard and she demonstrated pouring coffee on them. So, wouldn't hurt to ask.

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling
I am also interested in a Lovesac Sactional, and am wondering what the chances are they go on a 30% or so sale on Memorial Day

Catatron Prime
Aug 23, 2010

IT ME

Toilet Rascal

Oh hey, me too!

Also bought a nigiri sampler platter from Sushi 35 West which was :discourse:

A painting and a pysanka from the Ukrainian Museum in NY:

And a few pairs of Darn Tough socks!

Rolo posted:

Now get into synths, vinyl and airplanes. Complete the midlife goon experience.

Shush, one of my coworkers has already been trying to get me to take a short Cessna flying lesson/excursion. I don't need this funhouse mirror of future mistakes

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

Pron on VHS posted:

I am also interested in a Lovesac Sactional, and am wondering what the chances are they go on a 30% or so sale on Memorial Day

Same. I've been eyeing Floyd sectionals as well but the reviews are few and far between. I love the configuration options tho.

Fire Safety Doug
Sep 3, 2006

99 % caffeine free is 99 % not my kinda thing
Some coffee with a good name

& some alcohol with coffee in it

NewFatMike
Jun 11, 2015

I want the canned pocket coffee Negroni

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

I bought a bag.
I baght.

McFlurry Fan #1
Dec 31, 2005

He can't kill me. I'm indestructible. Everybody knows that

Fire Safety Doug posted:

Some coffee with a good name

& some alcohol with coffee in it

Dark Arts coffee is completely amazing, their packaging and stickers is great too.

I got the Mickey Mousev recycled mug as well as my main coffee mug

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?
Coffee negronis taste so good. Buying it in a can is straight up future poo poo.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Went to the big Asian grocer and got tons of delicious and cheap snacks.

The real star of the show was the case of grape beer. Pretty low in alcohol but tastes amazing. They had a dozen different kinds, so I'm going back very soon.

Merica
Jan 28, 2009
Bought a house.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Merica posted:

Bought a house.

I'm the windows.

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

a specific vein of lasagna

Inzombiac posted:

Went to the big Asian grocer and got tons of delicious and cheap snacks.

The real star of the show was the case of grape beer. Pretty low in alcohol but tastes amazing. They had a dozen different kinds, so I'm going back very soon.

Did you buy Turtle chips? How many and what flavors?

I also went to the Korean grocery store and bought about 4 lbs of cabbage and a tub of gochujang to make kimchi.

Bottom Liner has a new favorite as of 17:10 on May 5, 2022

evobatman
Jul 30, 2006

it means nothing, but says everything!
Pillbug

Merica posted:

Bought a house.

50% of your time will be "why the gently caress did the previous owner do this??" and 50% will be "gently caress this poo poo, the next owner can take care of it"

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

Merica posted:

Bought a house.

What does the inside of those windows look like. It’d be kinda useful I guess if the high window is above a TV

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Bottom Liner posted:

Did you buy Turtle chips? How many and what flavors?

I also went to the Korean grocery store and bought about 4 lbs of cabbage and a tub of gochujang to make kimchi.

No but I got a lot of shrimp chips, potato sticks, a smattering of canned coffee, frozen gyoza that steam up real nice and a little bit of candy.

Warbird
May 23, 2012

America's Favorite Dumbass

Vegetable posted:

What does the inside of those windows look like. It’d be kinda useful I guess if the high window is above a TV

Staircase landing I figure.

McFlurry Fan #1
Dec 31, 2005

He can't kill me. I'm indestructible. Everybody knows that

evobatman posted:

50% of your time will be "why the gently caress did the previous owner do this??" and 50% will be "gently caress this poo poo, the next owner can take care of it"

This might be the most accurate post I've ever read.

Why did the previous owner paint the walls purple with a gold border and fit the taps the wrong way round

Versus

Part is the wall fell down in the garden and the pavijg still looks like poo poo.

I bought Hostile Ambient Takeover by the Melvins on pink vinyl and it owns especially the new liner notes

skooma512
Feb 8, 2012

You couldn't grok my race car, but you dug the roadside blur.
Got a 3 pack of Secret Aardvark hot sauce.

The reaper sauce is legit, my main complaint with their flagship sauce is that it wasn't that hot. My fiance likes the milder chipotle one. I haven't tried the other one yet.

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh

skooma512 posted:

Got a 3 pack of Secret Aardvark hot sauce.

The reaper sauce is legit, my main complaint with their flagship sauce is that it wasn't that hot. My fiance likes the milder chipotle one. I haven't tried the other one yet.

If you don't already, the single greatest thing hot sauce likers can do is to get into growing chilli peppers themselves - they are the easiest things in the world to successfully grow, you just need those kits, a self watering Capillary mat and a windowsill that faces the sun. In the UK you have to treat them as seasonal but you do get big crops

https://www.gardenersworld.com/how-to/grow-plants/how-to-grow-peppers-and-chillies/

Grumbletron 4000
Nov 30, 2002

Where you want it, bitch.
College Slice

Merica posted:

Bought a house.

I like that color. Exactly what I used for my doors and shutters.

ddiddles
Oct 21, 2008

Roses are red, violets are blue, I'm a schizophrenic and so am I
Does a donation to a rescue count?

I got a puppy a bit ago (I think I posted him here too) and finally realized why everyone told me it was a bunch of work, ended up brining him back to the shelter to hopefully go with a family that can give him 24/7 attention. Saw this girl on petfinder and couldnt help myself. Year old blu heeler/australian stubby tail mix, about a year old. Has all the basic training down and is the most chill dog I've ever met, its so good, she's sleeping on my bed right now

I bought her a bunch of toys and treats as well.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

McFlurry Fan #1 posted:

Why did the previous owner paint the walls purple with a gold border

Because they rocked :mmmhmm:

Endymion FRS MK1
Oct 29, 2011

I don't know what this thing is, and I don't care. I'm just tired of seeing your stupid newbie av from 2011.

widefault
Mar 16, 2009
Hit the pawn shops on my way home from work, came home with this

~2012 Squier Vintage Modified HSS Strat, Gator polyfoam case, Snark tuner, and a strap for $152. Case alone is ~$125 new. Other than the fretboard being a little dry and the case having some cat scratch marks it's all in excellent shape.

widefault
Mar 16, 2009
I mean, do you have a pastel drawing of Kenny Rogers with bedroom eyes? How could I not buy it?

Dick Trauma
Nov 30, 2007

God damn it, you've got to be kind.

widefault posted:

Hit the pawn shops on my way home from work, came home with this

~2012 Squier Vintage Modified HSS Strat, Gator polyfoam case, Snark tuner, and a strap for $152. Case alone is ~$125 new. Other than the fretboard being a little dry and the case having some cat scratch marks it's all in excellent shape.

I love that color.

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?
Super neato matte blue on clear sunglasses. I’ve tried a ton of sunglasses in my career and Wayfarers are supremely comfy to wear with a headset.

New Kindle Paperwhite, my 2016 one was starting to go. It’s a nice upgrade.

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

I think I'm a doctor, but that doesn't make me a doctor. This fancy avatar does.
Thanks to another thread (think it was the obsolete technology thread?) I bought a few "retro" themed stickers that look like/basically ARE old school case badges and/PC decals.

https://geekenspiel.com/collections

Coredump
Dec 1, 2002

DrBouvenstein posted:

Thanks to another thread (think it was the obsolete technology thread?) I bought a few "retro" themed stickers that look like/basically ARE old school case badges and/PC decals.

Please find a fake turbo button and install on your pc please and thanks.

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen

Zojirushi NL-BAC05SB and it's first cook of basic short-grain rice.

His Divine Shadow
Aug 7, 2000

I'm not a fascist. I'm a priest. Fascists dress up in black and tell people what to do.
Two cubic meters of dirt, for replanting our strawberries. I paid for this dirt, so if I go out and punch the pile, will I hit paydirt?

I also bought a new chainsaw, Jonsered 451, one of the best chainsaws made by Jonsered.

I guess it's hard to call a chainsaw from 1980s "new", but new to me. I want a high quality saw with as little or no plastic in the design and as long as I can find spares (or a broken 451 for donor parts) I can keep it going for a veeery long time. It's got the main modern safety features which is good.

This will be a project though the saw is in perfect working order so it'll mostly be a teardown and cosmetic refinish. I am also buying two scrap saws for 5 bucks a piece as another restoration challenge.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

DrBouvenstein posted:

Nice decnals.

T.C.
Feb 10, 2004

Believe.

Android Apocalypse posted:

A good purchase. I miss my Zojirushi.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Night Danger Moose
Jan 5, 2004

YO SOY FIESTA

Android Apocalypse posted:

Uncle Roger would be proud. I can't wait to buy my first rice cooker and wok. Gotta visit H Mart soon.