Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat

C-Euro posted:

Gonna name-drop Uhh Yeah Dude when I finally make it big and the BBC asks me what podcasts I like.

Oh man, that takes me back. Haven't listened to them in years. Looking for that Hollywood street theatre

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

wait a minute

Hooplah
Jul 15, 2006

TheSlutPit posted:

I still remember the day the towers fell like it was yesterday. Me and my friend Paul were making fun of the spanish kids with velcro shoes in 7th grade shop class and next thing I know the loudspeaker goes off and has the guidance counselor on ittelling me to report to the office, I go in and my uncle Darrell who I havent seen since I was a toddler was standing there with this look of emptiness and poo poo. "Get in the car dude," he said and I am thinking the worst has happened. Well I ask what was wrong and he just looked at me and said, "they took out the world trade center," and I asked him what the gently caress that was. He took out a one of those little TVs and plugged it in to the cigarette lighter, cranked the volume up, and passed me a joint even though he knew I never smoked before. We took off and NBC coverage played all the way thru, we were both stoned silent the whole time and my mind was completelyblown. "Those towers are gone now man," and from there on out I have just had this insane outlook on life.

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

C-Euro posted:

Gonna name-drop Uhh Yeah Dude when I finally make it big and the BBC asks me what podcasts I like.

how are they doing? haven’t listened in years but not any particular reason.

Bro Dad
Mar 26, 2010

Atrocious Joe posted:

Dasha is going to be the MCU Kitty Pryde

https://imgur.com/a/LGTRLz7

Bro Dad has issued a correction as of 20:34 on May 8, 2022

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat

mawarannahr posted:

how are they doing? haven’t listened in years but not any particular reason.

They put out two episodes a week and live off of their Patreon money (though Seth probably gets most of that). The boys are as good as ever IMO, dip back in if you feel so inclined.

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

https://twitter.com/nickwestes/status/1523585690516135937?cxt=HHwWgoCpwZ_H7qQqAAAA

This was an interesting listen.

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

my old boss ran a hotel in gallup in the 80s, he doesn't have many good memories

donoteat
Sep 13, 2011

Loot at all this bullshit.
Who lets something like this happen?

lol first comment is actually my old architecture history professor

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost
lol the Chapo guest is Ryan from the OC who is apparently now an anti-crypto advocate

Broadlybrowsing
Jul 5, 2021

Salvor_Hardin posted:

lol the Chapo guest is Ryan from the OC who is apparently now an anti-crypto advocate

Let me say, as someone who has an Econ degree, it was a rough listen.

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

I don't jailbreak the androids, I set them free.

WATCH MARS EXPRESS (2023)

Broadlybrowsing posted:

Let me say, as someone who has an Econ degree

lol

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

Salvor_Hardin posted:

not a chance im listening to that poo poo.

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
the dry boys and every other podcast other than cum town need to spend half their time talking about crypto about how its so wacky and confusing and they dont understand it wow haha b ecause theyre normal. guess what? they do understand it. its actuyally not complicated at all. dumbasses. hurr durr same as "sportsball" morons. oh you're too elite to understand football? wrong. stfu.

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

Salvor_Hardin posted:

True Anon interviewed the cowriter of his book not that long ago

Shipon
Nov 7, 2005
felix saying his stance on cryptocurrency has softened was a real "what the gently caress" moment. yeah i get it you could probably send money to palestinians a bit easier but considering all of the other poo poo that it enables, it's a bad tradeoff

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

I don't jailbreak the androids, I set them free.

WATCH MARS EXPRESS (2023)

Smythe posted:

the dry boys and every other podcast other than cum town need to spend half their time talking about crypto about how its so wacky and confusing and they dont understand it wow haha b ecause theyre normal. guess what? they do understand it. its actuyally not complicated at all. dumbasses. hurr durr same as "sportsball" morons. oh you're too elite to understand football? wrong. stfu.

normaler than thou

Jel Shaker
Apr 19, 2003

Smythe posted:

reminds me when Virgil (pre cancelled) went off and minted his own podcast NFT despite everyone telling him not to / the environmental damage and he was all “oooooh lol i’m doing it ironically haha”

wonder if brie ever saw the proceeds to that

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

Shipon posted:

felix saying his stance on cryptocurrency has softened was a real "what the gently caress" moment. yeah i get it you could probably send money to palestinians a bit easier but considering all of the other poo poo that it enables, it's a bad tradeoff

send money to Palestine to build the Gaza dike

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

i say swears online posted:

send money to Palestine to build the Gaza dike

thats how your mom was born

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

don't make fun of her affiliation with hamass

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan
also sending crypto to palestinians is a red herring, since they'd just end up sitting on crypto

it's not a currency, they'd still have to sell it again for real money

Shipon
Nov 7, 2005

Goa Tse-tung posted:

also sending crypto to palestinians is a red herring, since they'd just end up sitting on crypto

it's not a currency, they'd still have to sell it again for real money

yeah the guest brought that up

Farm Frenzy
Jan 3, 2007

Salvor_Hardin posted:

sounds win

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

Atrocious Joe posted:

True Anon interviewed the cowriter of his book not that long ago

ooh lol I thought it was this guy. not sure which would have been weirder.

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007
twisted her head off like it was a two liter

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

Jel Shaker posted:

reminds me when Virgil (pre cancelled) went off and minted his own podcast NFT despite everyone telling him not to / the environmental damage and he was all “oooooh lol i’m doing it ironically haha”

wonder if brie ever saw the proceeds to that

hey Fucko guess what? I’ve minted several nfts and didn’t make a dime, gently caress nature. you know why? kuz I need the drat money. you think you’re being so woke and green? we’ll think again chud: you’re actually just Punching Down. gently caress off.

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3994041&pagenumber=45#lastpost

they're giving out musical dance experience gangtags itt

MeatwadIsGod
Sep 30, 2004

Foretold by Gyromancy
I hope Chris and Matt do another side project because Hell of Presidents was the best Chapo content by a wide margin. Maybe they could do like a series on the 19th century or something since that seems to be Matt's area of expertise

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007
Ryan's a good boy, I'm glad he got his life on track after that cage-fighting stint in S4.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY

Salvor_Hardin posted:

This would be a good listen. Ben McKinsey knows his poo poo and making crypto people angry is great.

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007
he was good on Gotham

How Darwinian
Feb 27, 2011
Haven't listened yet. Did they make him say the line?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3xFAMGoL1Ik

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

How Darwinian posted:

Haven't listened yet. Did they make him say the line?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3xFAMGoL1Ik

A variation of it, yeah

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY

scary ghost dog posted:

he was good on Gotham

It was a great show.

HannibalBarca
Sep 11, 2016

History shows, again and again, how nature points out the folly of man.

MeatwadIsGod posted:

I hope Chris and Matt do another side project because Hell of Presidents was the best Chapo content by a wide margin. Maybe they could do like a series on the 19th century or something since that seems to be Matt's area of expertise

I forget where, but Matt said at some point he hopes to do another series chronicling the 30 Year's War. Think he also said the prep work would take a while though, so I wouldn't expect it anytime soon.

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:
ben mckenezie ep as was low on swag

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!

MeatwadIsGod posted:

Banging my knife and fork on the table for the promised bonus episodes

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

Chapo should finish the bush series imo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cloks
Feb 1, 2013

by Azathoth

AnimeIsTrash posted:

Chapo should finish the bush series imo.

should be easier now that Virgil is gone, from what I've heard he hated bush