Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

What's his username?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

What's his username?

looks like this one
https://forums.somethingawful.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=

pantslesswithwolves
Oct 28, 2008

That guy loving sucks and I could never stand his posts.

Also both Justin Trudeau and Jill Biden were in Ukraine today.

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

Be great if a bunch of Tankies went over and got killed.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

AreWeDrunkYet posted:

Cheerleading is bad when it prevents you from looking at the situation as a whole. We can all hope that Ukraine is able to push Russia out of its territory, but this is by no means a foregone conclusion. Russia is falling way short of its goals but they are still moving forward in a limited way in some places. I just don't see an obvious path where the Russian army collapses and Ukraine is able to regain all of its prewar territory unless there is a significant change in the strategic situation. Best case scenario is that weapon imports make a difference sooner rather than later but getting all of that operational takes time and Ukraine is suffering losses in the meantime.

Russian equipment blowing up to a techno soundtrack is fun and all, it's just an incomplete look at the conflict. Would it be great to see Ukraine win here? Yes. Is Russia losing relative to its prewar goals? Yes. Is an outright Ukrainian victory assured at this point? No.

At the same time, there's every good indication that, even with Russian resistance increased, they can't do poo poo. Ukraine largely has this in the bag even if it may be a long road.

Let us have this.

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Hannibal Rex posted:

We ain't found poo poo!

Hundreds of years in the future I hope society will still be able to enjoy Mel Brooks movies and get those references.

Taerkar
Dec 7, 2002

kind of into it, really

What's his username?

Please, that's far more actual action than we would see from most goons.

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

What's his username?

KeepFiringAssholes

in a well actually
Jan 26, 2011

dude, you gotta end it on the rhyme

Taerkar posted:

Please, that's far more actual action than we would see from most goons.

My god! Is that Caro’s music?

Discussion Quorum
Dec 5, 2002
Armchair Philistine
E: oops thought this was CE, will repost

Discussion Quorum fucked around with this message at 22:15 on May 8, 2022

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...

Hannibal Rex posted:

We ain't found poo poo!

Lmao

What even is this helmet

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice
Personnel losses are one thing, but equipment losses over time are really strongly in favor of Ukraine. They've been given a blank check for equipment replacements from a ton of countries, signed to the name of "gently caress up Putin's day". Russia's replacements are whatever they can build domestically. That math ain't gonna cut it long term.

Sentinel
Jan 1, 2009

High Tech
Low Life

Alan Smithee posted:

Lmao

What even is this helmet

Type-69 Dome top
With built in fornication prevention

Cugel the Clever
Apr 5, 2009
I LOVE AMERICA AND CAPITALISM DESPITE BEING POOR AS FUCK. I WILL NEVER RETIRE BUT HERE'S ANOTHER 200$ FOR UKRAINE, SLAVA

bird food bathtub posted:

Personnel losses are one thing, but equipment losses over time are really strongly in favor of Ukraine. They've been given a blank check for equipment replacements from a ton of countries, signed to the name of "gently caress up Putin's day". Russia's replacements are whatever they can build domestically. That math ain't gonna cut it long term.
B-b-but surely the mighty Russian army will simply pull armored vehicles out of its vast reserves, which have been well-maintained for decades and aren't in the slightest bit obsolete, cannibalized, rusted junk, or secretly sold off for scrap!?!

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

AreWeDrunkYet posted:

Cheerleading is bad when it prevents you from looking at the situation as a whole. We can all hope that Ukraine is able to push Russia out of its territory, but this is by no means a foregone conclusion. Russia is falling way short of its goals but they are still moving forward in a limited way in some places. I just don't see an obvious path where the Russian army collapses and Ukraine is able to regain all of its prewar territory unless there is a significant change in the strategic situation. Best case scenario is that weapon imports make a difference sooner rather than later but getting all of that operational takes time and Ukraine is suffering losses in the meantime.

Russian equipment blowing up to a techno soundtrack is fun and all, it's just an incomplete look at the conflict. Would it be great to see Ukraine win here? Yes. Is Russia losing relative to its prewar goals? Yes. Is an outright Ukrainian victory assured at this point? No.

ISW's daily briefings are probably the best open source analysis of the war, and have not shield away from reporting on Ukrainian losses, instead highlighting what they can confirm and explicitly stating what they cannot. Which is why it's notable that even their "just the facts" assessments come across as cheerleading because the war is going so badly for Russia.

Radical 90s Wizard
Aug 5, 2008

~SS-18 burning bright,
Bathe me in your cleansing light~

AreWeDrunkYet posted:

but they are still moving forward in a limited way in some places.

Lol

Taerkar
Dec 7, 2002

kind of into it, really

in a well actually posted:

My god! Is that Caro’s music?

Benny Hill on a kazoo?

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

STOMP'N ON INTO THE POWERLINES

Exciting Lemon

Taerkar posted:

Benny Hill on a kazoo?

This is not that, but it is what popped into my head

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g-sgw9bPV4A

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...
Is caro still in prison

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

Alan Smithee posted:

Is caro still in prison

Last I heard dude was living out of his car somewhere.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Alan Smithee posted:

Is caro still in prison

No, he was released a few years ago: https://www.npr.org/2021/12/29/1066718893/kevin-dawes-sues-syria

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003
SOME REALLY TEDIOUS DUMB SHIT THAT SUCKS ASS TO READ ->>
at an AA meeting, "idk I'm doing alright, I'm still moving forward, in a limited way, in some places"

Carth Dookie posted:

Last I heard dude was living out of his car somewhere.

people from a certain forum and now-hidden/removed thread on this site were hitting him up for tips on fighting an insurrection against the us govt like a year and a half ago lol

Herstory Begins Now fucked around with this message at 23:55 on May 8, 2022

Hannibal Rex
Feb 13, 2010
https://twitter.com/andrey_valenkov/status/1522692376506114058?t=YsZuIZaaux_l_gW37TAFAQ&s=19

Fuligin
Oct 27, 2010

wait what the fuck??

Jimmy Smuts posted:

The gently caress? That's a thing on these forums? wtf are they high on, krokodil?

Kazinsal posted:

Probably C-SPAM. They still genuinely believe in the justness of the Special Military Operation (tm)

KozmoNaut posted:

"USA bad, therefore everyone against USA good" and "it's only imperialism if the US does it".

Guys you can just, like, take your hands off your eyes and peek in the cspam ukraine thread. Its indistinguishable at this point from any of the others on this forum except for FF's russia cope and people dabbing on them

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

Fuligin posted:

Guys you can just, like, take your hands off your eyes and peek in the cspam ukraine thread.

no

Fuligin
Oct 27, 2010

wait what the fuck??

Oh word well continue to be tormented by the tankies of your imagination then :angel:

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

did..... you honestly come in here just for this?

Fuligin
Oct 27, 2010

wait what the fuck??

Comrade Blyatlov posted:

did..... you honestly come in here just for this?

I lurk this thread like i lurk all the ukraine threads, and many other threads besides. Dont be weird

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Fuligin posted:

Guys you can just, like, take your hands off your eyes and peek in the cspam ukraine thread. Its indistinguishable at this point from any of the others on this forum except for FF's russia cope and people dabbing on them

I decline your offer but thank you anyway.

TheWeedNumber
Apr 20, 2020

by sebmojo

Fuligin posted:

I lurk this thread like i lurk all the ukraine threads, and many other threads besides. Dont be weird

suck my dick from the back

Fuligin
Oct 27, 2010

wait what the fuck??

TheWeedNumber posted:

suck my dick from the back

sorry TheWeedNumber but i only give oral to people i like and you seem like a twat ngl
E; im sorry tho, your posts dont give me the sense you get head on the regular

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

Fuligin posted:

sorry TheWeedNumber but i only give oral to people i like and you seem like a twat ngl
E; im sorry tho, your posts dont give me the sense you get head on the regular

lol bragging about having sex in 2022

Fuligin
Oct 27, 2010

wait what the fuck??

Crab Dad posted:

lol bragging about having sex in 2022

its no brag, but he did request head :shrug:

StandardVC10
Feb 6, 2007

This avatar now 50% more dark mode compliant
I'd like to assume well of them, but the one time that I did look in the C-SPAM Ukraine thread, everyone in there was on like twelve different levels of irony and trying to figure out what they actually believed, if anything, was giving me a headache.

Fuligin
Oct 27, 2010

wait what the fuck??

yeah thats p fair actually!!!

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

Fuligin posted:

its no brag, but he did request head :shrug:

Can't read a room but can suck a mean dick. Thank God you can type because your mouth seems Fuligin.

Fuligin
Oct 27, 2010

wait what the fuck??

Crab Dad posted:

Can't read a room but can suck a mean dick. Thank God you can type because your mouth seems Fuligin.

What.

This page is like half my posts now so i will ease off, but please take them in a spirit of intra-fora understanding. And nobody respond to this post nastily cause i wont respond but itll really steam me up inside!!

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

Fuligin posted:

What.

This page is like half my posts now so i will ease off, but please take them in a spirit of intra-fora understanding. And nobody respond to this post nastily cause i wont respond but itll really steam me up inside!!

I'm not looking up what "fora" means.

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

too dumb to be probated; not too dumb to be autobanned
please do follow up with a list of posters who are cool enough for you to suck their dick tia

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

madeintaipei
Jul 13, 2012

Crab Dad posted:

I'm not looking up what "fora" means.

Something... I dunno. Peanuts? poo poo. Gets stuck between your teeth.