Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018
Glad that the party can now purge itself of the corrosive Starmerite influence and get back to Making Britane Work

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

It's called the labour party because it's for people who like working, duh.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

Necrothatcher posted:

its loving Shakespearian that keith's crazy plan is entirely predicated on the police not being corrupt shitheads

The current Durham Police and Crime Commissioner is (a) Labour and (b) bent as gently caress, so I suspect that Starmer is in fact predicating his crazy plan on the police being his kind of corrupt shitheads.

The fact that CCHQ surely know this as well and are waiting with bated breath for such a magnificent opportunity (regardless of whether the Durham police clearing him is actually due to Labour PCC corruption) has definitely escaped his notice. Like, seriously, every single outcome is a massive win scenario for the Conservatives now.

Noxville
Dec 7, 2003

Julio Cruz posted:

Cooper and Jessflaps have basically been memory-holed, I can't think of a single memorable thing either of them has said or done since Keith took over

I do remember Cooper coming out to criticise the Toeties’s Rwanda refugee plan on the grounds that it didn’t offer good value for money.

Catpetter1981
Apr 9, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

OwlFancier posted:

I mean he's just consistently failed to achieve anything and everyone hates him almost as much as boris.

He achieved the purge and marginalization of the left out of Labour, and the realignment of Labour into the "striving to be more Tory than the Tories" party. He's achieved exactly what he was brought on to do, and he'll comfortably retire to lucrative paid speakerships and corporate directorships.

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

Skwawkbox are claiming Durham do not issue fines, which if true (because the source is skwawkbox) will just look bent as hell to everyone.

https://skwawkbox.org/2022/05/09/starmers-mooted-offer-to-resign-if-fined-is-pr-con-durham-police-dont-issue-them/

Jaeluni Asjil
Apr 18, 2018

Sorry I thought you were a landlord when I gave you your old avatar!

Who would his 'loyal companion' be, I wonder?

Time for a tune.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=awy9_08Pj_8

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

He sounded very confident that he wouldn't be issued a fine. I have a feeling he knows the outcome of this already.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

stev posted:

He sounded very confident that he wouldn't be issued a fine. I have a feeling he knows the outcome of this already.

And so the narrative will gracefully transition to 'Labour leader leans on corrupt Labour PCC to avoid consequences for his criminal behaviour'.

Magnificent work, Starms.

roomtone
Jul 1, 2021

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 4 days!)

stev posted:

yes, i would be more surprised if he didn't already have assurances

Gort
Aug 18, 2003

Good day what ho cup of tea
It feels like you should be tossing the idea of your resignation around so frivolously, it just gets everyone's hopes up and makes them think of what might have been

keep punching joe
Jan 22, 2006

Die Satan!
First Labour got me rooting for the Lib Dems, now they got me rooting for the cops.

DesperateDan
Dec 10, 2005

Where's my cow?

Is that my cow?

No it isn't, but it still tramples my bloody lavender.

Gort posted:

It feels like you should be tossing the idea of your resignation around so frivolously, it just gets everyone's hopes up and makes them think of what might have been

indeed, my dinner plans are still unresolved

wish I could have had chaoskorma with ed milliband tbh

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Darth Walrus posted:

And so the narrative will gracefully transition to 'Labour leader leans on corrupt Labour PCC to avoid consequences for his criminal behaviour'.

Magnificent work, Starms.

Indeed. Starmer has put himself in a position where either he gets fined and resigns or doesn't get fined and gets monstered into resigning because Boris did get fined. The question isn't if he goes now, it's whether he goes today or in a month.

roomtone
Jul 1, 2021

by Fluffdaddy

that's not how the BBC is putting it right now. they're saying that starmer buys himself a window until the ruling in 2 months where he is free from having to address this, and if it comes in that he doesn't get a fine, then he can make the simple case that he took a moral position and stuck to it on this where johnson didn't.

it seems like any blowback would require some actual evidence he conspired with the police not to fine him. i don't know how likely that is, and i'm assuming he actually has done so. because otherwise he can just say that's an outrageous accusation, i wasn't fined boris was, i took a moral stance, integrity etc.

Jaeluni Asjil
Apr 18, 2018

Jedit posted:

Indeed. Starmer has put himself in a position where either he gets fined and resigns or doesn't get fined and gets monstered into resigning because Boris did get fined. The question isn't if he goes now, it's whether he goes today or in a month.

Gotterdammerung: Starmfried's funeral march.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_5zNH6R1zsE

In his cave in the forest, the Establishment forges a sword for his foster son Starmfried. He hates Starmfried but hopes that the boy will kill the dragon Jermy Crobyn, who guards the left's treasure, so that Establishment can take the all-powerful ring from it.

*can't think of a suitable puppeteer for the Starmfried.

Jaeluni Asjil fucked around with this message at 16:43 on May 9, 2022

Juche Couture
Feb 3, 2007

Rayner has said she’ll resign too if fined.

Lol, lmao.

quote:

Q: What will you do if Durham police do not issue a fine, but if they say you broke the rules anyway

Starmer replies:

The penalty for a Covid breach is a fixed penalty. And I’ve set out what the position is in relation to that. Thank you very much.

Lol, lmao continues. They are so relentlessly bad at politics and seeing two steps ahead to how our putrid media will monster them.

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

Jaeluni Asjil posted:

Gotterdammerung: Starmfried's funeral march.

He always looked more boiled than fried to me

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

roomtone posted:

it seems like any blowback would require some actual evidence he conspired with the police not to fine him. i don't know how likely that is, and i'm assuming he actually has done so. because otherwise he can just say that's an outrageous accusation, i wasn't fined boris was, i took a moral stance, integrity etc.

Oh, you sweet summer child.

keep punching joe
Jan 22, 2006

Die Satan!
Lol and may I also add lmao

https://twitter.com/MickCoffey2/status/1523408936379899904?t=paxzvoYTfbnzaZnZqbuWDg

Jaeluni Asjil
Apr 18, 2018

Saw that bit of beard there and for a moment though they're going to blame this on the Jam Meister. Til I clicked through and saw it was PH.

Unrelated:

https://www.birminghammail.co.uk/news/showbiz-tv/boris-johnson-vomited-himself-moments-23901497

quote:

Boris Johnson vomited on himself moments before ITV Good Morning Britain interview with Susanna Reid

If this is an attempt to get in excuses for a shite interview, I hope they give him No Quarter* the way Diane Abbot has never been given any quarter for her ONE slip when she had low blood sugar after going from interview to interview with no breakfast.

*why yes, I am listening to Led Zepp

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
:lmao: at some of the responses

https://twitter.com/sohocomedy/status/1523634446418661376

https://twitter.com/sohocomedy/status/1523685067268059141

roomtone
Jul 1, 2021

by Fluffdaddy

Darth Walrus posted:

Oh, you sweet summer child.

i'm assuming the media won't be overly hostile to starmer because he is an establishment right winger, but yeah i could be wrong.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
People who can be held responsible for Brexit:
Irish Republicans
Jeremy Corbyn
Vladimir Putin
The Social Network
Rare Pepes
Fact Checkers (Lack Thereof)
Metropolitan Elites Who Work At Pret
Leon Trotsky

People who can never be held responsible for Brexit:
The English political class who spent 40 years widening inequality, deindustrializing, impoverishing rural areas, and blaming the effects of this on the EU and immigrants
Centrists who could not put together a single firm positive of the EU that resonated with the people affected by that
The Olympics Opening Ceremony (2012)

EvilHawk
Sep 15, 2009

LIVARPOOL!

Klopp's 13pts clear thanks to video ref

Starmer is clearly going to weasel out of this, either by blatant corruption or by a "well technically..." outcome. All this will do is give ammo to the Tories any time Labour try to bring up Johnson. They've, once again, completely hosed themselves.

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

quote:

Boris Johnson vomited on himself moments before ITV Good Morning Britain interview with Susanna Reid

I have to imagine that's a common reaction to meeting her though? And certainly standard for Piers Morgan

keep punching joe
Jan 22, 2006

Die Satan!
They're not even sending their best guys.

https://twitter.com/ScotExpress/status/1523703880470581249?t=VE2faRTvyN1470Mka6CoKw

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018
Hope that has the same effect as all the recent Royal trips to pat colonial commoners on their little heads

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

1. perhaps they are sending them to be burned on top of a stack of pallets, in the manner which you appease a volcano god.
2. what the gently caress is that turtleneck lmao, the 80's were loving wild.

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

OwlFancier posted:

2. what the gently caress is that turtleneck lmao, the 80's were loving wild.

It does kind of look like whatever that African tribe is where the women elongate their necks by stretching them with elaborate copper necklaces. Maybe that's something they took part in on one of those holidays diplomatic missions

Answers Me
Apr 24, 2012

Not sure talking about minor royals visiting Northern Island while using a photo of them on a boat trip is sending out quite the message they had in mind either…

E: vvv apparently autocorrect (or possibly my own haste) has hosed me over. Ah well…

Answers Me fucked around with this message at 18:04 on May 9, 2022

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

Answers Me posted:

Northern Island

Is there a separatist movement on Unst?

keep punching joe
Jan 22, 2006

Die Satan!

Failed Imagineer posted:

Is there a separatist movement on Unst?

Yeah MI5 fund it.

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018
Unstexit in Unstoppable

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Jaeluni Asjil
Apr 18, 2018

Apparently the person who took the beergate photo is ....

quote:

Student who shot Keir Starmer Beergate video is Breitbart writer’s son
Ivo Delingpole, son of James Delingpole, lived nearby and spotted Labour leader through window of Durham Miners Hall

https://www.theguardian.com/politic...to-sink-starmer

I bet he went past daily to see if he could get anything.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
Ah, definite Trotskyist.

Is that one of the queen's swans?

keep punching joe
Jan 22, 2006

Die Satan!
Charles is doing the state opening of parliament.

It's coming soon.

Morningwoodpecker
Jan 17, 2016

I DIDN'T THINK IT WAS POSSIBLE FOR SOMEONE TO BE THIS STUPID

BUT HERE YOU ARE

Guavanaut posted:

People who can be held responsible for Brexit:
Irish Republicans
Jeremy Corbyn
Vladimir Putin
The Social Network
Rare Pepes
Fact Checkers (Lack Thereof)
Metropolitan Elites Who Work At Pret
Leon Trotsky

People who can never be held responsible for Brexit:
The English political class who spent 40 years widening inequality, deindustrializing, impoverishing rural areas, and blaming the effects of this on the EU and immigrants
Centrists who could not put together a single firm positive of the EU that resonated with the people affected by that
The Olympics Opening Ceremony (2012)

The Daily Mail did it to the horror of the people who pretended they supported it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018
Thornberry sent out to defend Keith on the news - extremely low energy, lots of sighing, seems to be barred out on half a Xanax ::sad: