Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ZiegeDame
Aug 21, 2005

YUKIMURAAAA!
Hmmmm, WakaixKatai

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ethiser
Dec 31, 2011

I like how Komi is a nice girl and a scary girl.

Wittgen
Oct 13, 2012

We have decided to decline your offer of a butt kicking.

Ethiser posted:

I like how Komi is a nice girl and a scary girl.

A great gag.

I like this character. Glad the two people who got their hearts broken by Tadano are neighbors.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

I like Doraimon sliding into the scene to give the rundown on Wakai's personality like that one guy Yoshikage Kira worked with.

MikeSevigny
Aug 6, 2002

Habs 2006: Cristobal Persuasion
Next week is a Naruse-kun chapter, just letting everyone know now so you can spend the next seven days preparing to feast your eyes.

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

MikeSevigny posted:

Next week is a Naruse-kun chapter, just letting everyone know now so you can spend the next seven days preparing to feast your eyes.

His relationship with the girl with the sweat problems continues to be very adorable.

Wittgen
Oct 13, 2012

New Chapter

I really like these virtually text free chapters. The sleepover was better, but this is great too

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Wittgen posted:

New Chapter

I really like these virtually text free chapters. The sleepover was better, but this is great too

They are a fun change of pace.

Balache404
Aug 2, 2018

Our girl's getting a nendo in October, complete with kitty ears

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.
New chapter!
A university date visit, and then, what, the 3rd time they've been caught in the rain together I think?

Tenebrais
Sep 2, 2011

Well, as much as this comic loves to introduce quirky one-note side characters, I wasn't expecting the tree, who is an actual tree

SexyBlindfold
Apr 24, 2008
i dont care how much probation i get capital letters are for squares hehe im so laid back an nice please read my low effort shitposts about the arab spring

thanxs!!!
Just posting to say I checked the anime's Spanish dub and it's. very good. Reminds me of the ol' pokémon dub where the VAs (James' in particular) would just make poo poo up but it always worked

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oN9I0VaPXNo

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.
New chapter! They got the cover this week, too.

Sleeping Sigma
Dec 28, 2012
Excuse me while I post this completely unrelated page.

Balache404
Aug 2, 2018

New chapter!

Author-san: confirmed gamer.

Scallop Eyes
Oct 16, 2021
Everybody's amogus form is really funny to me for some reason

Ethiser
Dec 31, 2011

Need to see a chapter about Komi-Dad’s God phone.

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Ready to Poyozo Dance all over your face.
Najimi absolutely deserves to be the first one out the airlock. Regardless of which side they're actually on, they're just going to be an active detriment to their team because of their chaotic gremlin nature. Better to eliminate them early.

Plus I'm pretty sure Najimi getting eliminated right out the gate is traditional by this point.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer
I watched the Netflix show a while back and have spent an embarassing amount of time now catching up to the present (it's been funny watching the thread's reactions to the numerous almost-confessions that have happened along the way). This story's so cute and it has so many good characters that I want to see more of with only a few I hate! Although honestly sometimes I wish they'd give them MHA-style namecards now and then (you could even list their name pun/character gimmick like a quirk!) because sometimes it's hard to keep track of which ancillary characters are which sometimes. Like, I really like Shogi Girl and Yo-yo girl but I can't remember their actual names at all.

Anyway, this is the most I've ever empathized with Komi. Not because of having trouble communicating, but because I too held on to a dumbphone wayyyy past the point where my family, friends, and most of the world had moved on, and was overwhelmed by features when I finally upgraded.

Ethiser posted:

Need to see a chapter about Komi-Dad’s God phone.

I'm excited for the new spin-off comic where he gets sucked backwards in time until he can collect all the Pokemon!

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

We should return to the age of flip phones imo.

Mirage
Oct 27, 2000

All is for the best, in this, the best of all possible worlds

chumbler posted:

We should return to the age of flip phones imo.

:monkey's paw finger curls:

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

how many chapters can they milk out of amogus

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Namtab posted:

how many chapters can they milk out of amogus
Three to four I imagine.

SexyBlindfold
Apr 24, 2008
i dont care how much probation i get capital letters are for squares hehe im so laid back an nice please read my low effort shitposts about the arab spring

thanxs!!!
Couple of years at least

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

TwoPair posted:

Like, I really like Shogi Girl and Yo-yo girl but I can't remember their actual names at all.

They're my favorite side characters but I also have the same issue lol

thetoughestbean
Apr 27, 2013

Keep On Shroomin
I just never can remember any character’s name ever

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

thetoughestbean posted:

I just never can remember any character’s name ever

These characters might as well be phone numbers to me.

SexyBlindfold
Apr 24, 2008

thanxs!!!
This problem could be fixed if they localized all the name-puns :colbert:

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Is there an anime specific thread or is this thread general purpose?

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild
General purpose.

If you want an anime only thread, feel free to make one.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
No that's okay. I'm not rankled by spoilers or anything. Show has been fun but Yamai needs to get punted off a mountain.

Wittgen
Oct 13, 2012

I love how that is so consistently people's feelings on Komi.

mdct
Sep 2, 2011

Tingle tingle kooloo limpah.
These are my magic words.

Don't steal them.
Yamai improves from the perspective of whenever she's used in a non-Komi way she's okay, but whenever Yamai is around Komi she's pretty much as bad as she always is. Still somewhat an improvement, though. She really is the biggest problem with recommending the series to people.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer
Yeah her as Nakanaka's worst enemy/best friend is pretty great but other than that she's still consistently awful

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

mdct posted:

She really is the biggest problem with recommending the series to people.
Really? Can't just tell them she's the mineta of Komi-San; just ignore her after episode 5?

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Her first appearance is real bad.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
The fact that kidnapping and attempted murder crops up so early in the show is wildly off-putting.

mdct
Sep 2, 2011

Tingle tingle kooloo limpah.
These are my magic words.

Don't steal them.

Grouchio posted:

Really? Can't just tell them she's the mineta of Komi-San; just ignore her after episode 5?

I recommend shows to people who are not familiar with the concept of "a Mineta". You know, a lot of people who aren't extremely deep-in-the-paint anime nerds who don't just casually overlook bad parts of media, and they shouldn't have to. If they've only got so much time in the day both me and they would prefer I just recommend something without any issues like that at all.

Lord Awkward
Feb 16, 2012
Komi-san sans Yamai, chapter 25:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wittgen
Oct 13, 2012

Bravo. That's brilliant.