Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

I am going to have t o do some yoga. I promised myself I would not get attached to this!! ahhhh

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

vyelkin posted:

alternative explanation: sports journalists are all really stupid

yea I posted the reason a few days ago. it isn’t racism that a bunch of white guys all voted for the white player, but it is an extension of some kind of weird cultural imperialism that we are inflicting on ourselves.

I’d love for someone to track all of the public comments from players versus writers. it seems as if they are all on Embiid (or Giannis) and the only ones who have said Jokic is an MVP are Nuggets players and a few gracious Warriors. it’s an interesting dichotomy.

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?
it’s certainly racism, the dorky white sports writers don’t have to be proud boys to be racist

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

indigi posted:

it’s certainly racism, the dorky white sports writers don’t have to be proud boys to be racist

I don’t think it’s explicitly racist. they just have Soylent instead of brains.

(but the weird techno-fascist obsession of these dorks is systemically racist without a doubt)

RaySmuckles
Oct 14, 2009

:vapes:
Grimey Drawer

Yossarian-22 posted:

Completely carried by Lowry or Aldridge every single year of his career until this year

lmao, come on man

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010
Sixers gonna go all the way this year so doc rivers can coach there forever

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

If Doc can stay out of the way and not gently caress up a title run, he can stay.

TBH im kind of amazed he got the message on Reed. I can't really recall a Coach ever being successfully bullied by the fans like that.

Dasar
Apr 30, 2022

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
woke up to the good news. philly is denied recognition once again.

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

they can’t compel Greece to go along with foolish EU adventurism so in stead they take Giannis’ rightful award and give it to some cracker whose parents probably hated Tito. for shame

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:
Mods could we get a thread title update to commemorate the back-to-back MVP

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001

vyelkin posted:

alternative explanation: sports journalists are all really stupid

maybe they should just limit the votes to coaches and players. it wont 'fix' things but, for example, kawhi leonard's finals mvp during the 2019 playoffs wasn't unanimous because hubie brown, ancient and wise, voted for fred vanvleet because he recognized the impact fred had on that series that was missed by a lot of commentators.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

I think the thread title is very rude tbh

but it is helping me let go of my attachments 🙏

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001

euphronius posted:

If Doc can stay out of the way and not gently caress up a title run, he can stay.

TBH im kind of amazed he got the message on Reed. I can't really recall a Coach ever being successfully bullied by the fans like that.

it was my constant, consistent endorsement of "Basketball" Paul Reed Jr. that got us here

Dreylad fucked around with this message at 20:15 on May 9, 2022

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

Congrats to Nikola "Lightning" Jokic on his big achievement!

And congrats in advance to Giannis for winning his third MVP award next year!

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

mvp what’s that stand for, mayo very pudgy?

name the award after him

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001
well there's a decent chance Mobley, Cade, or Barnes could be MVP candidate in a couple of years, so that'd be cool and different

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:
Tatum is getting the MVP next year the chants already started

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

Dreylad posted:

well there's a decent chance Mobley, Cade, or Barnes could be MVP candidate in a couple of years, so that'd be cool and different

you mean Luka. nba writers will not be denied for much longer

nikosoft
Dec 17, 2011

ghost in the shell, but somehow much worse
College Slice

ShallNoiseUpon posted:

Mods could we get a thread title update to commemorate the back-to-back MVP

Title change is in poor taste tbf, this should be a safe zone for Euphronius

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

nikosoft posted:

Title change is in poor taste tbf, this should be a safe zone for Euphronius

Euphronius should be normal about sports

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

pls do not be rude to the Noro divergent

Isentropy
Dec 12, 2010

euphronius posted:

I love nick nurse I want him to coach the sixers

we gave you Roy Halladay, that's enough

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

Isentropy posted:

we gave you Roy Halladay, that's enough

and look what we did to him. smh

Algund Eenboom
May 4, 2014

I am in agreement with euphronius, indigi & ‘a new study bible!’ that sports journalists, like all journalists, are fleas on society’s back and need to be exterminated.

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable
Euphonium where should I live if I get a job at penn?

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

there are tons of great places to live in Philly . depends what you want

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

Algund Eenboom posted:

I am in agreement with euphronius, indigi & ‘a new study bible!’ that sports journalists, like all journalists, are fleas on society’s back and need to be exterminated.

Isentropy
Dec 12, 2010

Algund Eenboom posted:

counterpoint: Pablo Torre & Mina Kimes

and the NBA has it easy. You don't have idiots only selecting one person to make the HOF and loving over other decent deserving players

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

Bill Simmons is the perfect ideal that all journalists, sports or otherwise, should strive for

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

Algund Eenboom posted:

Ty I am sorry about the nets. I hope you guys flip Simmons for something good.

very odd year because the nets and Celtics are both likable.

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable
I dunno a place near Penn. I take it it's cheap to live in west Philly across the Schuylkill?

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

Asproigerosis posted:

I dunno a place near Penn. I take it it's cheap to live in west Philly across the Schuylkill?

a lot of that is going up in price if it hasn't already. really it just depends what you're looking for in a neighborhood

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

Isentropy posted:

counterpoint: Pablo Torre & Mina Kimes

and the NBA has it easy. You don't have idiots only selecting one person to make the HOF and loving over other decent deserving players

Pablo Torre thinks KAT is a superstar so he’s as bad as the rest of them. Dominique Foxworth can take his spot

e: at least he did a few years ago on High Noon I haven’t heard or seen him since that got canceled

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

Algund Eenboom posted:

wow this is extremely toxic and cyber bullying. we can’t hold space for this in nba fandom

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

Robert Williams out tonight Cs are doomed

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

it makes me really sad that I like a few players on the Celtics

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

they will get like a late first for Simmons from Portland

TDepressionEarl
Oct 28, 2010

I'm trying to win the World Cup
but I'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps playing Argentina onside

It baffles me that the league divides Player of the Week and Player of the Month honors into East and West Conference, but not the MVP.

If there is to be a unified league wide MVP, voting should definitely occur after the Finals, after the best teams actually meet in decisive head-to-heads.

Algund Eenboom
May 4, 2014

a new study bible! posted:

Ty I am sorry about the nets. I hope you guys flip Simmons for something good.

very odd year because the nets and Celtics are both likable.

I am confident that Ben Simmons will start next season on the nets, that he will end the season on the nets, that he will play for the majority of games, and that he will be good. I believe these things with all my heart

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010

Dasar posted:

woke up to the good news. philly is denied recognition once again.
It's just so the imminent philly championship is more dramatic