Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

King Cohort
Mar 14, 2010

CJ posted:

I'm a funhaver and not a tryhard. If i have more fun pressing Shifu over and over that doesn't make you better than me just because your parse says it's not as good.

Wow, surprised you did the class quests to unlock Shifu, or Samurai at all. Good job!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CJ
Jul 3, 2007

Asbungold
Samurai is probably the best class quest i've done. i think it helps that they all came out at once rather than having to come up with some way to extend it every 2 years. The weeb lalafell was funny.

Vitamean
May 31, 2012

King Cohort posted:

Wow, surprised you did the class quests to unlock Shifu, or Samurai at all. Good job!

lmfao

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

I wanna sing one for the cars
That are right now headed silent down the highway
And it's dark and there is nobody driving And something has got to give

I just checked FFlogs, and I have exactly one log up, a 3% greyparse from my first/only run of P1N. Guess I've got to run that fight again to clear my e-honor, and definitely not to get more gear tokens!

RME
Feb 20, 2012

King Cohort posted:

Lmao

Bloody Pom
Jun 5, 2011

Re: plugin chat, I would happily drop plugins if they condensed weaponskill combos into a single button, like in PvP. As it stands now the current setup is just pointless button bloat.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
oh boy the only topic this thread is even more argumentative about

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Bloody Pom posted:

Re: plugin chat, I would happily drop plugins if they condensed weaponskill combos into a single button, like in PvP. As it stands now the current setup is just pointless button bloat.

I have a friend who is missing fingers and this keeps the game playable for them so I can agree.

Erg
Oct 31, 2010

cheetah7071 posted:

hype!!

Frida Call Me
Sep 28, 2001

Boy, you gotta carry that weight
Carry that weight a long time

ImpAtom posted:

I have a friend who is missing fingers and this keeps the game playable for them so I can agree.

just have them play summoner without TPT instead

Impermanent
Apr 1, 2010
parses should include how your buttons are bound so people can laugh at you if you use weird binds

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Bloody Pom posted:

This will never happen, thank loving god tbh.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
I'm glad people with physical disabilities have a workaround but for anyone with able hands it would make the game worse so

Ibram Gaunt posted:

This will never happen, thank loving god tbh.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Yeah, I'm fine with the current "this is an option", I think it would suck if the option was removed.

RME
Feb 20, 2012

good summary honestly

Zeruel
Mar 27, 2010

Alert: bad post spotted.
combo button BUT the individual skills still exist so you can go 121212 if you want. namaste.

King Cohort
Mar 14, 2010

So are we just going to ignore the fact that the devs have said that doing your full combo correctly across multiple hotkeys while performing mechanics is an intended part of the difficulty of high end content? Like we do every time this comes up? Great!

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
having an option which will improve your play at the expense of making the game less fun isn't actually "optional" in a game where you're letting other people down if you don't bring your best

Bloody Pom
Jun 5, 2011

Zeruel posted:

combo button BUT the individual skills still exist so you can go 121212 if you want. namaste.

This is exactly what the combo plugin lets you do. I just think it should be a built-in option instead of a third-party thing, as an accessibility feature for people like the previously mentioned friend with a fingat deficit.

Orcs and Ostriches
Aug 26, 2010

The Great Twist

King Cohort posted:

So are we just going to ignore the fact that the devs have said that doing your full combo correctly across multiple hotkeys while performing mechanics is an intended part of the difficulty of high end content? Like we do every time this comes up? Great!

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

jeez the thread really is spiralling even harder now

GiantRockFromSpace
Mar 1, 2019

Just Cram It

cheetah7071 posted:

Thank god this is the general thread or otherwise we'd have that certain spoiler-ridden discussion for the trifecta.

Dryzen
Jul 23, 2011

Can I get a houses? Anyone houses?

Frida Call Me
Sep 28, 2001

Boy, you gotta carry that weight
Carry that weight a long time
in other less threadshitting news, 28 groups have cleared DSR and not a single one had a machinist. every DPS is represented except MCH now.

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

can we go back to talking about how much we love Urianger

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

GiantRockFromSpace posted:

Thank god this is the general thread or otherwise we'd have that certain spoiler-ridden discussion for the trifecta.

I could mention venat's name in the spoiler thread, if you'd like

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

Fear not, the only thing yoshida loves more than making terrible posts about addons is making terrible posts about housing

Warmachine
Jan 30, 2012

This discussion is why Emet-Selch thinks we're worthless and an utterly failed lifeform.

TheWorldsaStage
Sep 10, 2020

King Cohort posted:

No, pretty sure it comes up every time. But the conversation always ends with 'people who want to use it use it and the people who don't, don't' so

Why the hell is everyone being snippy and combative

Vargs
Mar 27, 2010

CJ posted:

Samurai is probably the best class quest i've done. i think it helps that they all came out at once rather than having to come up with some way to extend it every 2 years. The weeb lalafell was funny.

I liked the SAM questline until it came down to revolutionaries vs corrupt cops, and you are forced to happily side with Team Cop. In an expansion where every interaction with said cops is negative and you regularly lead bloody revolutions.

Chillgamesh
Jul 29, 2014

(Stormblood 4.1) Its hosed up Hien just let that sex trafficker go imo

Frida Call Me posted:

in other less threadshitting news, 28 groups have cleared DSR and not a single one had a machinist. every DPS is represented except MCH now.

There really is just no benefit to MCH as a job right now. They do roughly the same damage as the other ranged but can't provide any additional utility. Idk why SE is so afraid to just bump their potencies a little more significantly.

Bloody Emissary
Mar 31, 2014

Powawa~n
In-game parsing would be good as long as it's an opt-in thing and you can only view your own play relative to some group of "similar" players. I think it'd be neat to have a special parse that shows up on your first time clearing a piece of content and compares how well you did relative to other first-time clearers using your job, for instance.

Impermanent posted:

parses should include how your buttons are bound so people can laugh at you if you use weird binds

:hmmyes:

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

I think sam 60-70 is so much relying on the background context a japanese person would have about the edo period that it reads very weirdly to everyone else. It's a shame they haven't given a sign of interest in doing more with hingashi, because my dream expansion would be one that goes there and can spend some time actually grounding you in the extremely interesting history it's riffing on

Filthy Haiku
Oct 22, 2010

i am shattering like glass

but at least
i have

springy ride
I bind all my 1-2-3 combos to x->z->c because i cant unlearn the muscle memory. :v:

Oneiros
Jan 12, 2007

Impermanent posted:

point-and-clickers have their game install automatically deleted and a banme posted on the official forums

(i kid i know there are ultimate raiders who click on their hotbar buttons but still it's weird i dunno why)

Gnossiennes
Jan 7, 2013

Loving chairs more every day!

Impermanent posted:

welcome to the no-strafe zone

:chord:

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

Voted #1 Babysitter in Mushroom Kingdom

RME posted:

good summary honestly

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Someone please start posting plates before I wake up to 200+ posts about parsers

I wish there were as easy a way to record a short animation as there is to snip a part of the screen, this looks even better with the glow.

Hommando
Mar 2, 2012

Dryzen posted:

Can I get a houses? Anyone houses?

You can rent my house for 1.2m gil a month. No Namazu vendors allowed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

you're making YoshiP cry, I hope you're happy.