Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

a pipe smoking dog
Jan 25, 2010

"haha, dogs can't smoke!"
I think Valterri was so shocked seeing merc let another driver battle lewis that he lost focus.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

a pipe smoking dog posted:

I think Valterri was so shocked seeing merc let another driver battle lewis that he lost focus.

how can he lose focus if he hasn't retired to the WRC yet

e: gently caress they have fiestas now

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

"You've lost the tow." @ 1:52

lmfao

https://streamable.com/y6dwlp

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

It's always pretty amazing that the engineers are so reluctant to listen to the driver reporting things like "this car suddenly got slower" because the data that they've chosen to look at appears fine

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000
I think it would be quite epic and on brand for this thread if there were a huge blow up of Belgian posters mad at Dutch posters and vice versa

marshalljim
Mar 6, 2013

yospos
Frites versus bitterballen, last lowlander standing.

Just-In-Timeberlake
Aug 18, 2003

Thanks Ants posted:

It's always pretty amazing that the engineers are so reluctant to listen to the driver reporting things like "this car suddenly got slower" because the data that they've chosen to look at appears fine

tbf we hear just a few exchanges, I'm sure drivers are bitching non-stop about the car

Mokotow
Apr 16, 2012

marshalljim posted:

Metralleta is the dark horse (also has dark horse in it, probably)

Deltasquid
Apr 10, 2013

awww...
you guys made me ink!

THUNDERDOME

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester posted:

I think it would be quite epic and on brand for this thread if there were a huge blow up of Belgian posters mad at Dutch posters and vice versa

Don't be ridiculous

marshalljim posted:

Friet, of course. The very fact that you called it "frites" instead of "patat" proves that Belgium wins.

Mokotow posted:

Metralleta is the dark horse (also has dark horse in it, probably)

Did you try to type "mitraillette" and fail?

Returning to the topic of food chat, does the rest of the world not know about friteuses or something? What's up with air fryers. Literally serving a nonexistent market when every decent household has one of these bad boys lying around (usually a hand-me-down from grandma which has been kicking around since 1961)

Mokotow
Apr 16, 2012

Deltasquid posted:

Yes

Just-In-Timeberlake
Aug 18, 2003

Deltasquid posted:

Don't be ridiculous

Friet, of course. The very fact that you called it "frites" instead of "patat" proves that Belgium wins.

Returning to the topic of food chat, does the rest of the world not know about friteuses or something? What's up with air fryers. Literally serving a nonexistent market when every decent household has one of these bad boys lying around (usually a hand-me-down from grandma which has been kicking around since 1961)

I have one of these

F1 come to Road America, drivers won't even make weight by Sunday.

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh

Deltasquid posted:

Don't be ridiculous

We all still fry our chips in deep fat fryers, although it’s vegetable oil these days. Air fryers do a cracking roast potato but only inane people who think oven chips are nice would use a air fryer (it’s a mini fan oven not a fryer! Small ovens always cook faster it’s literally the science behind how ovens work!) for chips.

I have a semi industrial deep fat fryer because the regular sized ones give portions for ants.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
One day to get to deep fryer chat jfc Miami was a bad race.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire

Just a huge pack of garbagemen fighting over made up bullshit and being mad about it. 100%.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

Thanks Ants posted:

This is what all engineers do about everything tbh.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

F1 2022:

Gigi Galli posted:

Just a huge pack of garbagemen fighting over made up bullshit and being mad about it. 100%.

F1 2021:

Gigi Galli posted:

F1 2020:

Gigi Galli posted:

F1 2019:

Gigi Galli posted:

F1 2018:

Gigi Galli posted:

F1 2017:

Gigi Galli posted:

F1 2016:

Gigi Galli posted:

F1 2015:

Gigi Galli posted:

F1 2014:

Gigi Galli posted:

F1 2013:

Gigi Galli posted:

F1 2012:

Gigi Galli posted:

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

your friend wicka posted:

F1 2022:

F1 2021:

F1 2020:

F1 2019:

F1 2018:

F1 2017:

F1 2016:

F1 2015:

F1 2014:

F1 2013:

F1 2012:

what was different in 2011 and earlier

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

boop the snoot posted:

what was different in 2011 and earlier

The bullshit was real back then

Full Collapse
Dec 4, 2002

your friend wicka posted:

The bullshit was real back then

:hmmyes:

Pook Good Mook
Aug 6, 2013

ENFORCE THE UNITED STATES DRESS CODE AT ALL COSTS!

This message paid for by the Men's Wearhouse& Jos A Bank Lobbying Group

Gigi Galli posted:

Just in time for the European portion of the calendar

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

I mean, who would have noticed another madman around here?

I have both nationalities and the countries both suck in their unique ways, Namasté.

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

damn i'm really in this bitch

Just-In-Timeberlake posted:

tbf we hear just a few exchanges, I'm sure drivers are bitching non-stop about the car

i mean checo knows he's the #2 driver (although he's #1 in my heart) and probably gets antsy if he doesn't hear back from red bull quickly because they're so focused on max winning the wdc

plus i think it's different when they're complaining about porpoising or under/oversteer or whatever vs. a power issue on a car that has failed to finish several races this year due to powertrain issues; i don't blame the primadonnas for freaking out about potential DNFs and it probably cost him p3

MrMojok
Jan 28, 2011

Can’t decide if Wicka is referring to the sport or the previous iterations of the F1 threads here

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z4ObD_OaPNQ

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

MrMojok posted:

Can’t decide if Wicka is referring to the sport or the previous iterations of the F1 threads here

you don't have to, that's the beauty of it

Entropist
Dec 1, 2007
I'm very stupid.

Deltasquid posted:

Why would you bother to have this in Belgium when there is a frituur on every street corner?

Both Belgium and the Netherlands suck, btw.

Full Collapse
Dec 4, 2002

Belgium has Graspop, so they get a pass from me.

marshalljim
Mar 6, 2013

yospos

Deltasquid posted:

Plenty of extra-obese Americans own deep fryers. Mostly southerners and flyover-country residents.

Air fryers are different. They don't fry, for one thing.

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

you come back to check in on what the thread thought of the Miami GP and get into the midst of a lowlands political slap-fight. Take that poo poo to D&D but keep it out of here please.

I know this is The Worst Thread but we have actual racing to talk about, save the air fryer chat for the ever-shrinking offseason.

marshalljim
Mar 6, 2013

yospos

harperdc posted:

you come back to check in on what the thread thought of the Miami GP and get into the midst of a lowlands political slap-fight.

Here you go:

You Am I posted:

garbage race, garbage track, garbage race winner

Or you could go back a couple of pages to posts from yesterday, when people were still interested in talking about this generally unremarkable race.

Hope this helps; you're welcome.

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

I can't wait till two years from now where coffee grinder chat has grown enough or replace air fryer chat

spaceblancmange
Apr 19, 2018

#essereFerrari

harperdc posted:

I know this is The Worst Thread but we have actual racing to talk about, save the air fryer chat for the ever-shrinking offseason.

Don't forget the month in summer.

spaceblancmange
Apr 19, 2018

#essereFerrari

F1 Thread The Final Frontier: Circumcision discussion

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

damn i'm really in this bitch

italian quid posted:

I can't wait till two years from now where coffee grinder chat has grown enough or replace air fryer chat

just get a baratza encore

if you need something fancier than that you don't need advice from this thread

Full Collapse
Dec 4, 2002

My Cuisinart coffee grinder works well enough.

Custard Undies
Jan 7, 2006

#essereFerrari

spaceblancmange posted:

F1 Thread The Final Frontier: Circumcision discussion

And or Vasectomy chat!

Got mine done last year, can confirm its worth it. :xd:

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

marshalljim posted:

Or you could go back a couple of pages to posts from yesterday, when people were still interested in talking about this generally unremarkable race.

Hope this helps; you're welcome.

yeah, it appeared to be a pretty unspectacular race around a very dressed up car park.

still wondering what changed between Friday and Saturday to make the Mercedes so drat slow though.

spaceblancmange
Apr 19, 2018

#essereFerrari

Mercedes have made a car so sensitive that changes in overhead conditions and barometric pressure take it out of the zone.

Full Collapse
Dec 4, 2002

spaceblancmange posted:

Mercedes have made a car so sensitive that changes in overhead conditions and barometric pressure take it out of the zone.

I would totally believe this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

harperdc posted:

you come back to check in on what the thread thought of the Miami GP and get into the midst of a lowlands political slap-fight. Take that poo poo to D&D but keep it out of here please.

red bull cheating engine confirmed

quote:

None of that would have been of much use if the Red Bull was not so raceable. As ever, it was faster at the end of the straights. And for the first time, it was not being out-accelerated onto the straights by the Ferrari. Perhaps that weight-saving is beginning to pay off for Red Bull.

All of which meant that Leclerc was vulnerable in the DRS zones. On the ninth lap Verstappen opened his DRS flap on the pit straight and simply launched himself down the inside into Turn 1.

https://www.motorsportmagazine.com/articles/single-seaters/f1/why-verstappens-raceable-red-bull-beat-leclerc-mph