Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hefty
Jun 11, 2008

they fixed the > 12 character slot bug at some point, which is great. gotta figure out whether i want to use my last knowledge transfer thing on sharpshooter or destroyer now though. wish they’d just put a dang level 50 power pass in the shop.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

Man even ignoring the actual game the production and release of the international version has been abysmal.

Pragmatica
Apr 1, 2003
una is having pretty terrible queues now, so be prepared for at least an hour to get into the game.

they also seem to have adjusted to AFK/idle timer. it used to be an hour, and it is not that anymore because i got kicked out after 50 mins idle while i finished up my work day. back into the queue i go... :argh:

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

If AGS is not going go fix the bot issue, then how do I setup a bot for just one single account to run endless chaos dungeons? :p

Khorne
May 1, 2002

I said come in! posted:

If AGS is not going go fix the bot issue, then how do I setup a bot for just one single account to run endless chaos dungeons? :p
The queues are due to reduced player limit to avoid the long load times. They messed something up in the patch and are compensating by messing with server capacity.

RoboCicero
Oct 22, 2009

"I'm sick and tired of reading these posts!"
It's wild to me that there's an entire Guardian defeat questline (the one that starts with The Runaway Investigator and has you buddy up with Luna) that I skipped because the starting point was nowhere, but which offers like, hundreds of gold and Courage virtue points if you complete it. It's giving me the opportunity to go back and one-shot all the T1 and T2 guardians at least.

Velveteen
Sep 17, 2011

I'm the type of pony everypony should know

RoboCicero posted:

It's wild to me that there's an entire Guardian defeat questline (the one that starts with The Runaway Investigator and has you buddy up with Luna) that I skipped because the starting point was nowhere, but which offers like, hundreds of gold and Courage virtue points if you complete it. It's giving me the opportunity to go back and one-shot all the T1 and T2 guardians at least.

Yeah that questlines is pretty long and explains the guardians. Its too bad its so hidden away. The only reason I found the quest was when I was randomly sailing and exploring an island and found the next step of the chain after the first quest on foggy ridge. Which reminds me I never finished it and I should go back and do them all for the gold/virtues.

JuffoWup
Mar 28, 2012
Still having no queue on Vykas (us-east). Plenty of bots though, but no queue.

Tortolia
Dec 29, 2005

Hindustan Electronics Employee of the Month, July 2008
Grimey Drawer
Today I discovered the Feiton powerpass auto completes the entire second Awakening questline. My Glaivier spawned in Feiton with a Kharmine Island soul and like 20 more points of roster virtues along with several achievements and some extra skill points.

Guess I will youtube the half of it I hadn't gotten around to finishing yet

bagrada
Aug 4, 2007

The Demogorgon is tired of your silly human bickering!

Ouch good to note. I missed some gorgon questline with the first power pass so I'll have to watch out for the feiton one. I'm currently beelining towards it from rohendel with the hyper pass to be sure I beat the timers before I start doing islands and other side stuff.

Evil_Greven
Feb 20, 2007

Whadda I got to,
whadda I got to do
to wake ya up?

To shake ya up,
to break the structure up!?

Tortolia posted:

Today I discovered the Feiton powerpass auto completes the entire second Awakening questline. My Glaivier spawned in Feiton with a Kharmine Island soul and like 20 more points of roster virtues along with several achievements and some extra skill points.

Guess I will youtube the half of it I hadn't gotten around to finishing yet

I thought the second awakening thing was just a one-time thing? I did it once and have just been going to Trixion to get it on all my alts.

Tortolia
Dec 29, 2005

Grimey Drawer

Evil_Greven posted:

I thought the second awakening thing was just a one-time thing? I did it once and have just been going to Trixion to get it on all my alts.

It is, I just hadn't bothered finishing it in the first place since the two chars I had been slow rolling horizontal prog and slight vertical with were Soulfist (lol if you don't use the first awakening) and Bard (who cares).

Orthodox Rabbit
Jun 2, 2006

This game is perfect for empty-headed dunces that don't like to think much!! Of course, I'm a genius... I wonder why I'm so good at it?!
The second awakening quest is painfully long even for someone who doesn't normally mind grinding so I'd consider that a nice bonus

Hyper Inferno
Jun 11, 2015
2nd awakening on Bard makes soloing chaos dungeons much faster since it does so much more damage than the first.

Velveteen
Sep 17, 2011

I managed to reach affection with Sasha today. It was pretty cute questline. You get to go on a date with Sasha at Fermata.

And then at the end of the day....oh my.

That was not what I expected. That said I'm surprised there is only two NPCs with affection rapports. I would have expected more of them. Also there are no male affection NPCs for some reason. I really do like all the side content in this game, rapports included even when its super slow to grind. I've only mostly gone for the giant heart's NPCs but so far the stories for them are pretty enjoyable. You get a little backstory to them and sorta appreciate them a bit more than just some random person who showed up during your questline and disappears off to nowhere after you're done with the island/continent. And after getting them to maximum rapport you get to invite them to your stronghold as basically placeable decoration. It makes your stronghold feel more alive. They also do give bonuses to your stronghold from the clothing system but its minor.

Admin edit: please add spoilers to things like that for people who aren’t there yet. :)

Suprfli6
Jul 9, 2008

:shepface:God I fucking love Diablo 3 gold, it even paid for this shitty title:shepface:

Thirain is slated to get an affection rapport level in one of the next updates for what it’s worth.

All of the rapport cutscenes with my character wearing a big paper dog mask crack me up every time.

Jelly
Feb 11, 2004

Ask me about my STD collection!
Yeah we're at like half a week of a 2500+ person queue to login to Shandi at any given time of the day. I believe that's about a half hour wait.

Quickly losing interest in this game. Especially with my new TV revitalizing my PS5 library.

Tortolia
Dec 29, 2005

Grimey Drawer
The nice thing is the lost ark title screen/queue is pretty low resource, so I can knock out some stuff in FFXIV while waiting, or just do some rounds of Vampire Survivors or whatever.

Cinara
Jul 15, 2007
After a couple full artisan hones in a row I one tapped my final piece to be fully Valtan ready. Now to see if any of the alts can make 1415 in time.

bagrada
Aug 4, 2007

How do adventure islands work? I thought they were supposed to be open for a several hour period on a schedule. I got through the login queue what I thought was half an hour into the second time block and it said no more scheduled and the islands shown from earlier (snowpang for one) weren't there. I haven't checked youtube yet but Google was unhelpful. I did see mention of four minutes to get in. Which if so why does it say 7pm to 11pm or whatever?

Game's a lot of fun. I made it to Yorn and took a break from gunning for the Feiton pass to explore a bunch of normal islands. There's so much to do...

Khorne
May 1, 2002

bagrada posted:

How do adventure islands work? I thought they were supposed to be open for a several hour period on a schedule. I got through the login queue what I thought was half an hour into the second time block and it said no more scheduled and the islands shown from earlier (snowpang for one) weren't there. I haven't checked youtube yet but Google was unhelpful. I did see mention of four minutes to get in. Which if so why does it say 7pm to 11pm or whatever?

Game's a lot of fun. I made it to Yorn and took a break from gunning for the Feiton pass to explore a bunch of normal islands. There's so much to do...
They spawn on the hour every 2 hours. I believe the first one is 11am est. There's only an ~3 minute window to enter the island when it spawns.

Weekends also have a unique mechanic where you can do the islands twice, but it's split into morning:evening. You can do one morning then one evening adventure island.

CubicalSucrose
Jan 1, 2013

Phantom my Opera and call me South Park: Bigger, Longer, & Uncut

bagrada posted:

There are a couple spawns throughout the day. Pretty sure it's not every 2 hours. When they do spawn, you have 3ish minutes to jump in (similar with some Events and other timed-entry islands like Tooki).

The rewards are not fixed to the island, but rotate between (for a T3 character):
600ish gold (rare)
4k pirate coins and 4-6 Sailing Coin chests
Some card packs
68k silver (terrible)
Maybe there's another option?

Also each island might have its own unique rare drop, like a song from Harmony (crucial to get), or a Rune or a Sea Bounty or something.

They all give like 560 providence stones. And they all have some small % chance to drop an island soul, though I'm like 0 for 30 or something. I've got all the mokokos from each island though.

Weekends are weird in that you can do two that day, one from each set of islands, though after you do one the compass thing will lie to you and say you're done.

Waltchelg
Jan 21, 2009

On Us East the adventure island times are

11:00am
1:00pm
3:00pm

7:00pm
9:00pm
11:00pm

Should really be every hour in wider ranges.

bagrada
Aug 4, 2007

Waltchelg posted:

On Us East the adventure island times are

11:00am
1:00pm
3:00pm

7:00pm
9:00pm
11:00pm

Should really be every hour in wider ranges.

Yeah I'm on US East and saw 7pm-11pm listed in the procyon's compass thing but didn't get on until 7:30pm and it said there were no further islands scheduled for the day. I wish I'd checked again later on as I was still on for 9pm but I took the grayed out window at its word. I'll check it again tonight at 7 this time.

Thanks for the answers. It's definitely a confusing system with a lot going on, probably because we're jumping into an X year old mmo at this point.

Tortolia
Dec 29, 2005

Grimey Drawer
The procyon compass is a bit weird about actually identifying which islands are coming up, so I usually just look at the alarms and see what's spawning soon - you get a sense for which ones are the adventure islands and which are just regularly scheduled (a la Gesbroy, Shangri, Spida, etc).

Since adventure islands always spawn at :00 and in sets of three you can also use that as a rough guideline for a quick ID.

Tortolia fucked around with this message at 16:17 on May 9, 2022

Orthodox Rabbit
Jun 2, 2006

This game is perfect for empty-headed dunces that don't like to think much!! Of course, I'm a genius... I wonder why I'm so good at it?!
The compass can't be trusted. It's best to tag things you care about (chaos gate, field boss, adventure islands) in the timers section of the clock icon on the top left side of your UI.

SweetJahasus
Dec 23, 2005

Dragon Slayer
Samurai Warrior
Escape Artist
Viking
Chong-Ra Master

BE THE WIZARD
Finally got out of the 1340-1370 hellscape today after bleeding myself of so many resources. Now to get the next gear I have to do either hard mode abyss dungeon or Argos right? This have to find a kate-week competent Argus group or wait til Thursday for abyss to reset?

Suprfli6
Jul 9, 2008

:shepface:God I fucking love Diablo 3 gold, it even paid for this shitty title:shepface:

Hard mode Oreha isn’t too hard as long as you get a decent group comp. The very first boss tends to be the hardest for a lot of groups.

At 1370 you’ll probably only do P1 of Argos which you can do via matchmaking or party finder pretty easily. He’s basically just a guardian for 8 people and p1 is doable even with no support classes (although more difficult that way for sure).

Khorne
May 1, 2002

SweetJahasus posted:

Finally got out of the 1340-1370 hellscape today after bleeding myself of so many resources. Now to get the next gear I have to do either hard mode abyss dungeon or Argos right? This have to find a kate-week competent Argus group or wait til Thursday for abyss to reset?
Late week is absolutely fine. You can even do matchmaking for p1 argos & oreha hard. Get it in before the reset for gold and crafting materials!

S.J.
May 19, 2008

Just who the hell do you think we are?

Hard mode of those dungeons were way easier than the normals for me for whatever reason. And way less people bitching.

Cinara
Jul 15, 2007

S.J. posted:

Hard mode of those dungeons were way easier than the normals for me for whatever reason. And way less people bitching.

Most people doing the normals are on level or barely above, but with the hard modes you can end up with peoples mains that are 40+ ilvl over the baseline.

S.J.
May 19, 2008

Cinara posted:

Most people doing the normals are on level or barely above, but with the hard modes you can end up with peoples mains that are 40+ ilvl over the baseline.

Yeah I get that but even parties at or just above ilvl for it people just seemed generally more competent and way less concerned over wipes.

Cinara
Jul 15, 2007
Well in theory also no one doing the hard mode should be doing the dungeon for the first time, since it's essentially the same as the normal mode.

S.J.
May 19, 2008

Sure, I just noticed a pretty big attitude change after I got into 1370 content. It was nice.

OGS-Remix
Sep 4, 2007

Totally surviving on my own. On LAND!

S.J. posted:

Sure, I just noticed a pretty big attitude change after I got into 1370 content. It was nice.

I had the opposite, I was doing Yoho and after we completed it in one shot; the Paladin complained about my setup even though I hit 1370 two days ago.

I really like having completely mixed stats and -movement speed engraving level 1 lol. :rolleyes:

Cinara
Jul 15, 2007
1370 is when you're expected to buy a new set of jewelry, and at that point you can pick up a set of 3/3/3 engravings with correct stats for essentially only the cost of the pheons and your stone.

OGS-Remix
Sep 4, 2007

Totally surviving on my own. On LAND!

Cinara posted:

1370 is when you're expected to buy a new set of jewelry, and at that point you can pick up a set of 3/3/3 engravings with correct stats for essentially only the cost of the pheons and your stone.

This is a much more constructive comment then what the guy said. That's the difference between goons and pubbies I guess.

Cinara
Jul 15, 2007
For a more detailed answer, assuming you are playing a class that wants level 3 class engraving, otherwise it gets a bit more tricky. You want to get a stone with the 2 engravings you want and ideally hit 6/6, though the odds of this are not fantastic, around 14%. You can use https://lostark.meta-game.gg/ability-stone-calculator to assist in rolling it. At this point you likely want to shoot for a stone that isn't super expensive so you can try multiple times, but at a bare minimum I would shoot for a stone that is 6/4 with the 4 being whatever engraving is cheaper when combined with your class engraving.

Then you purchase 5 pieces of jewelry with 3 points in your class engraving and correct stats, ideally at high quality, and no other engraving which keeps the cost extremely cheap. If your stone did not hit 6/6 you need to pick up a piece with +3 class engraving +2 the missing one, but you can still snag most combos for cheap.

If your class only uses rank 1 of the class engraving it becomes far more difficult and you have to look in to the cheapest combinations to make something like 3/3/2/1 or 3/3/3/1 work.

Velveteen
Sep 17, 2011

Maybe I got lucky but you should be able to get a whole bunch of guaranteed class engraving +3 accessories from oreha hard dungeons and Argos. Plus you can use the extra mats on second week to craft more. If you really want to save pheons you should be able to get a full set relatively effortlessly. I found the hardest part was cutting a decent ability stone. You'll probably end up buying a few of those before you can cut a decent one.

S.J. posted:

Yeah I get that but even parties at or just above ilvl for it people just seemed generally more competent and way less concerned over wipes.

Yes I love the attitude shift going from T2 to T3 in matchmaking parties. Everyone is suddenly way more chill and no one is getting angry over wipes. Not just that more competent at the game in dodging skill and mechanic skill as well. For example, you don't have people going into oreha preveza without knowing the star mechanic or the lightning dodging. But in gates of paradise dungeons people don't even know what an orb is and refuse to learn or what a stagger check even is. For hard mode oreha you can click matchmake, do a quick run with no wipes and get out in under 10 minutes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mufasa Nigel
Jul 8, 2005

Cinara posted:

If your class only uses rank 1 of the class engraving it becomes far more difficult and you have to look in to the cheapest combinations to make something like 3/3/2/1 or 3/3/3/1 work.

My alt gunslinger at 1370 can keep peacekeeper 3 for now, cus yea the price is gonna be extreme to land this. Gunlancer is next in line once my mains 1415, same problem. Except barrier/spirit absorption jewelry won't be as bad.