Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

galagazombie
Oct 31, 2011

A silly little mouse!
The best part of Marco Polo is the way it ended means that the Mongol Empire fell was because Prester John was real and destroyed them with his divine powers.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cannibal Llama
Jan 3, 2020

Cannibal Llama sounds like it could be a zany intentional throwback to mid OOs Penguin of Doom tier usernames but it also sounds like it could be the name of the lamest possible Metal Gear Solid boss so please don't make fun of it.
Actually the best part of that show was when those soldiers attacked that naked lady but then she kills them all with her superior kung fu skills.

War and Pieces
Apr 24, 2022

DID NOT VOTE FOR FETTERMAN

galagazombie posted:

The best part of Marco Polo is the way it ended means that the Mongol Empire fell was because Prester John was real and destroyed them with his divine powers.

do they mention PJ by name?

galagazombie
Oct 31, 2011

A silly little mouse!

War and Pieces posted:

do they mention PJ by name?

Yes. The search for him is actually a big plot point

War and Pieces
Apr 24, 2022

galagazombie posted:

Yes. The search for him is actually a big plot point

What if the real Prester John was the friends we made along the way

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

C-Euro posted:

Question my wife and I had during the movie: is this the least-hot that Robert Pattinson has been in a movie?

Depends on how into emo boys you are

Tiberius Christ
Mar 4, 2009

There is a non zero chance Gates McFadden says something about the sex ghost candle in the new season at least.

Mola Yam
Jun 18, 2004

Kali Ma Shakti de!

Mantis42 posted:

I want to be a Na'vi so bad :smith:
     /

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Britney Spears fans plead for her to stop

Bro Dad
Mar 26, 2010

lol who asked for another season of this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_-0MwZPWKD4

Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

It had its problems from the start, but it was fun while they were cowboys. Now it's just boring generic sci-fi.

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

unlimited shrimp posted:

I'm irritated that I live in a timeline where the original TNG cast is reuniting for a new season of Trek and, because of how bad Picard is, I do not give a poo poo.

struggling to figure out a non fanservicy reason they could possibly justify this

like cameos from other trek have always been a thing but its a core aspect of the setting that everyone has their own lives and motivations and once theyre not on the same ship anymore its literally impossible for them to pursue their own goals while also being able to have adventures at a moments notice this is why in the tng finale everyone is crabby as poo poo at picard for dragging them out to the middle of nowhere for no apparent reason

Filthy Hans
Jun 27, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 10 years!)

galagazombie posted:

a white man set them free

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

Pepe Silvia Browne posted:

2 masterpieces of television

It's so funny, Groggins and McBride are such a great combination.

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

Bro Dad posted:

lol who asked for another season of this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_-0MwZPWKD4

why this and not raised by wolves 3

Some Guy TT posted:

struggling to figure out a non fanservicy reason they could possibly justify this

like cameos from other trek have always been a thing but its a core aspect of the setting that everyone has their own lives and motivations and once theyre not on the same ship anymore its literally impossible for them to pursue their own goals while also being able to have adventures at a moments notice this is why in the tng finale everyone is crabby as poo poo at picard for dragging them out to the middle of nowhere for no apparent reason

It's weird that the pseudo-TNG sequel show wasn't Dorn's idea about Worf on his own, commanding a mostly Klingon ship. That seemed like a cool premise and seemed to have more reason for existing.

I posted this in the TVIV thread, but despite watching and more or less liking the new Star Treks (I have low standards for spaceship), the biggest issue with Discovery and Picard is they have no concise logline. Lower Decks and Prodigy work because they have a central point that drives the story.

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

I didn't even know westworld got a third season. did they do "eastworld" like in the preview on the wall in the S1 finale

Filthy Hans
Jun 27, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 10 years!)

i say swears online posted:

I didn't even know westworld got a third season. did they do "eastworld" like in the preview on the wall in the S1 finale

season 3 was so loving bad that they managed to make Vincent Cassel and Aaron Paul unwatchable

Open Source Idiom
Jan 4, 2013

They go to a world based on the Shogunate and another based on the British Raj, and together they comprise of maybe seventy minutes of screentime. Neither turns up again beyond Season Two.

Nichael posted:

why this and not raised by wolves 3

Discovery Warner are focusing on DC properties now. They want that Disney life.

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?

Filthy Hans posted:

season 3 was so loving bad that they managed to make Vincent Cassel and Aaron Paul unwatchable

Aaron Paul is generally unwatchable which is why he isn’t in poo poo

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

indigi posted:

Aaron Paul is generally unwatchable which is why he isn’t in poo poo

he's annoying and doesn't have much range

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

yeah it’s why he was perfect for the first 3 seasons of Breaking Bad

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

he was actually the worst part of bojack, i think i stopped watching when episodes would focus on him

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 24 hours!
Yeah I really can't think of any stellar performances off the top of my head. He probably peaked with that scene in the Hospital bed after Hank beats the poo poo out of him.

e: lol I completely forgot he was in Bojack so probably not a great sign

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

kweli and mos def with the business acumen

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

is that album any good

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

is it on tidal or something

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

it’s on Luminary which google tells me is some sort of paid podcast app

Big Mad Drongo
Nov 10, 2006

he was actually the worst part of bojack, i think i stopped watching when episodes would focus on him

His character was the most bizarre part of that show. Just this unnecessary remnant of the lovely wacky first few episodes that stuck around (and stuck out like a sore thumb) until the conclusion for some reason. Can't even remember how his arc ended.

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 24 hours!

Big Mad Drongo posted:

His character was the most bizarre part of that show. Just this unnecessary remnant of the lovely wacky first few episodes that stuck around (and stuck out like a sore thumb) until the conclusion for some reason. Can't even remember how his arc ended.

uhhhhh he realized he was Asexual and made an Asexual dating app, I think?

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

indigi posted:

is that album any good

no there are no good beats, it's like ambient poo poo. extremely confused when i listened to a few tracks. just baffling

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

Big Mad Drongo posted:

i remember he came out as asexual and his character didn't really make any sense. turned into background noise until i gave up

Wraith of J.O.I.
Jan 25, 2012

just listen to the new pusha t instead, it's great (tho a bit front loaded)

War and Pieces
Apr 24, 2022

his arc ends when he reconnects with his hardworking Hispanic dad and learns he has white passing privilege

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

I am Metango, Galactic Governor

Arivia posted:

what the gently caress are you even talking about

lol

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

I have never wished Toy Story was real as much as right now, cleaning up my kid's toys

Maybe if they came to life with celebrity voices they could put themselves away for once :mad:

Laterite
Mar 14, 2007

It's Gutfest '89
Grimey Drawer

that's a lot of words to say "no label will touch us with a ten foot pole now"

respiration is still the jam tho

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

this is the best song of the 90s

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3iewg3zp-yI

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos

C-Euro posted:

There was very little driving stuff I thought, outside of the main car chase (which owned) and a few quick montages of Batman driving around on a motorcycle while brooding.

Question my wife and I had during the movie: is this the least-hot that Robert Pattinson has been in a movie?

i thought he was really hot in batman, actually. I never liked the sparkly manic pixie dream boy pattinson, give me more gremlin cspam poster pattinson

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

War and Pieces posted:

his arc ends when he reconnects with his hardworking Hispanic dad and learns he has white passing privilege

i donmt remember how his arc ended either besides the whole dumb asexual thing but this i give htis a 50/50 plausibility given the writers on the show lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PxOo44GKMxY