Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Aumanor
Nov 9, 2012

Please send help, thread, I find myself agreeing on something with loving RAMIREZ

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

We don't need to have that dialogue because it's obvious, trivial, and has already been had a thousand times.

Aumanor posted:

Please send help, thread, I find myself agreeing on something with loving RAMIREZ

Ramirez is also strongly pro-vaccine.

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

That's ok, even when you agree with the notion you'll find the image massively dis-agreeable.:barf:

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Discendo Vox posted:

Ramirez is also strongly pro-vaccine.

Yeah. Despite being a right-wing shitbag, Ramirez does on occasion express views that align with observable reality.

Technowolf
Nov 4, 2009

Raised By Birds
May 5, 2013
Lalo Alcaraz

Robert Ariail

Stuart Carlson

Al Goodwyn

Bob Gorrell

Joe Heller

Clay Jones

Joel Pett

Tom Stiglich

Gary Varvel

Matt Wuerker

Tony Branco

quote:

Deplorable: Biden says MAGA is the most extreme group in recent American history ignoring Antifa and BLM riots.

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

I don't know you all, that is the dictionary definition right there I think he's got us.

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

, methinks.

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

:discourse:
It's what's for dinner.

That looks nothing like the qanon shaman, it's just a guy in a suit :confused:

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012
:popeye:
All right, it's time
Kellies Nomination: Best Overall

Nameless Pete
May 8, 2007

Get a load of those...

ooohros

Mordaedil
Oct 25, 2007

Oh wow, cool. Good job.
So?
Grimey Drawer
My guy, your people literally tried to violently overthrow the government and people loving died, and are under constant threat of violence from right-wing extremism.

Technowolf
Nov 4, 2009

Kellies nomination: worst overall

This doesn't get said enough: gently caress Stiglich

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

Kellies Nomination: Worst Gaslighting

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

VitalSigns posted:

lol somebody lost some money on put options huh

Considering how much he pushed crypto bullshit to stick it to the banks/federal reserve/Jewish deep state my guess is he’s freaking out watching it all implode right now

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

All my Trumps worthless

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

I’ve brought this up multiple times to pro-life weirdos before but I’ll say it again: it sure is weird that the first reaction a pro-life person has to a literal human being born isn’t that it’s a miracle or wonderful and we should support the mother, it’s that the existence of a human life is seen as some form of punishment to be used against someone.

Dr. VooDoo fucked around with this message at 14:17 on May 10, 2022

After The War
Apr 12, 2005

to all of my Architects
let me be traitor

Maybe Stiglich is secretly a fan of Korean synth pop?

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Stultus Maximus posted:

He’s saying that men are only pro choice for pragmatic reasons.

And my response to that would be: So?

If some guys are pro-choice and pro-birth control because they think it'll make it easier for them to have casual sex that doesn't change the fact that they're still supporting those things. Whether you're supporting something out of the goodness of your heart or because it directly benefits you in some way the end results are still the same.

When it comes to supporting political policies what's in your heart of hearts doesn't matter nearly as much as your actions.

The same holds true for this comic:

Whether she's tolerant or intolerant ultimately doesn't matter because at the end of the day she's still (as she openly states) voting against gay marriage. She's making an active choice to make the lives of gay people harder and worse, the source of her motivation for doing so doesn't change the results of her actions.

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

And even than the Paradox of Tolerance is a solved thing so “You’re intolerant of my intolerance? Guess you aren’t so tolerant :smug:” isn’t some big brain discourse move, it just means he’s an idiot

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

We don't need to have that dialogue because it's obvious, trivial, and has already been had a thousand times.
This hasn't been mentioned yet, regrettably: Lalo Alcaraz has been named the winner of the 2022 Herblock Prize. As a reminder, Lalo was one of the three cartoonists robbed of a Pulitzer last year when the committee chose to just...not hand out an award.

Part of the award includes a lecture from Alcaraz, available here.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Discendo Vox posted:

This hasn't been mentioned yet, regrettably: Lalo Alcaraz has been named the winner of the 2022 Herblock Prize. As a reminder, Lalo was one of the three cartoonists robbed of a Pulitzer last year when the committee chose to just...not hand out an award.

Part of the award includes a lecture from Alcaraz, available here.

Good for him!

skeleton warrior
Nov 12, 2016

Varvel just continues to get more and more disconnected from reality. In what world are decorum elementals Joe Biden and Chuck Schumer demanding violent suppression of their enemies?

Kellies nomination: worst gaslighting

JerikTelorian
Jan 19, 2007

OK this is actually a funny, well composed comic. Too many labels but the visual metaphor is clever.

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
:britain:

Guardian:

"Steve Bell on Putin’s Victory Day celebrations – Nuclear missiles were paraded through the Red Square as part of the pomp and ceremony, while Putin’s bloody war in Ukraine rages on"

Telegraph:

Putin's speech decoded: The address was utterly empty of new ideas – but that was not the point

Matt:

Independent:

Times:

Queen to miss state opening of parliament with ‘episodic mobility problems’

Evening Standard:

Keir Starmer vows to resign as Labour leader if fined for ‘beergate’; Andy Warhol’s Shot Sage Blue Marilyn sells for record £158 million at auction

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

In case anyone doesn't get the full reference: the Victory Day parade was meant to include flybys of fighters in a Z formation across various cities, but they were cancelled due to weather.

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Mulla on aina kolkyt donaa taskussa

Jedit posted:

In case anyone doesn't get the full reference: the Victory Day parade was meant to include flybys of fighters in a Z formation across various cities, but they were cancelled due to weather.

It was impossible for me to read before timg'd. Special thanks to the faux cyrillics that make it even harder to figure.

World Famous W
May 25, 2007

BAAAAAAAAAAAA

Pants Donkey posted:

This is going to get some letters
Mary did have other children though? 7nless I'm less biblically literate then I thought, but I can swear they even say it while on the cross

Also the "only begotten son" is for god, and oh poo poo I'm doing that thing were my Sunday schooling is coming back up

Tibalt
May 14, 2017

What, drawn, and talk of peace! I hate the word, As I hate hell, all Montagues, and thee

World Famous W posted:

Mary did have other children though? 7nless I'm less biblically literate then I thought, but I can swear they even say it while on the cross

Also the "only begotten son" is for god, and oh poo poo I'm doing that thing were my Sunday schooling is coming back up
Catholic belief is that Mary remained a virgin throughout life, and those siblings mentioned in the Bible were Joseph's children from a previous marriage.

World Famous W
May 25, 2007

BAAAAAAAAAAAA
Ah, was raised baptist so don't really know much about catholicism

Tibalt
May 14, 2017

What, drawn, and talk of peace! I hate the word, As I hate hell, all Montagues, and thee

I mean, the comic still doesn't really make any sense, the line is "What if Mary had aborted Jesus?" not "What if Mary had aborted Jesus' brother?" do I'm still not sure what it was suppose to convey "Man it would be weird and bad if the Holy Mother was feminist"

SubG
Aug 19, 2004

It's a hard world for little things.

Tibalt posted:

Catholic belief is that Mary remained a virgin throughout life, and those siblings mentioned in the Bible were Joseph's children from a previous marriage.
You might be thinking of the Orthodox Church here. The Catholic Church does assert the perpetual virginity of Mary, but the official position on the adelphoi is that they're all cousins, children of a different Mary, sister of Joseph and wife of Clopas.

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

World Famous W posted:

Also the "only begotten son" is for god,
God: "oh poo poo Mary you're what, that's it
I'm getting a vasectomy"

Oh gently caress you've never had sex with your fiance oh gently caress oh gently caress he's gonna know, this is bad

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Tibalt posted:

I've never really understood the point of that interpretation. Like, I guess we can't prove what happened one way or the other and at the end of the day it doesn't matter, but why does Mary have to have stayed a virgin her whole life and not just gone on to have a normal sex life with her husband and had some other kids who weren't half god?

Space Cadet Omoly fucked around with this message at 22:06 on May 10, 2022

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Mulla on aina kolkyt donaa taskussa

Space Cadet Omoly posted:

I've never really understood the point of that interpretation. Like, I guess we can't prove what happened one way or the other and at the end of the day it doesn't matter, but why does Mary have to have stayed a virgin her whole life and not just gone on to have a normal sex life with her husband and had some other kids who weren't half god?

Celibacy is super important to them. If the mother of God was a slut then why should Catholic clergy keep their sex life to nun?

If a modern adaptation was made then everyone in Bible would be incels.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Nenonen posted:

Celibacy is super important to them. If the mother of God was a slut then why should Catholic clergy keep their sex life to nun?

If a modern adaptation was made then everyone in Bible would be incels.

But she was married! I thought that was like the one time a Christian woman was allowed to enjoy sex sin free!

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

:actually:
She was jewish

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Jay Rust posted:

:actually:
She was jewish

Fair point, but I'm pretty darn sure Jewish women are also allowed to have sex with their husbands once they're married.

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012

Space Cadet Omoly posted:

Fair point, but I'm pretty darn sure Jewish women are also allowed to have sex with their husbands once they're married.

Not if she's God's side piece

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Trapezium Dave
Oct 22, 2012

:australia:

Wilcox:

Prime Minister Scott Morrison stands by Katherine Deves after Liberal candidate says she still believes trans youth are 'mutilated' (ABC).

Lethbridge:

Rowe:

Australia federally has preferential voting (instant run-off) and parties hand out "how to vote" pamphlets with a guide to how to number all candidates. This allows parties to make deals to help each other out and the Coalition appear to be doing that with further right parties like One Nation and the United Australia Party, which will give a boost to the chances of re-electing Pauline Hanson.

Knight:

Daniel Andrews steals the spotlight from Anthony Albanese leaving the Labor leader lurking nervously over his shoulder (Daily Mail).

Downes:

I guess Albanese forgot the name of the new Tasmanian premier (hell, same).

Spooner:

The Coalition have a new attack ad where Labor's spending promises flow into a rusty bucket while a voice sings "there's a whole in your budget... and that means new taxes" and I guess it has had an effect on Spooner.