Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Doggles
Apr 22, 2007

https://twitter.com/schwarz/status/1523644820312363008

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!

It's true, I bravely resisted all the calls to invest in crypto and fortune has smiled on me

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?
my bitcoin portfolio is still up 137% from when I bought in 😎

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur

indigi posted:

Spoken like someone who will never realize their gains.

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!
Follow my investment strategy

- begrudgingly get some Bitcoin to facilitate buying weed off Empire Market > forget about the leftover change in Bitcoin wallet > value increases 10x > cash out and never return

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

I don't jailbreak the androids, I set them free.

WATCH MARS EXPRESS (2023)

indigi posted:

*adds name to gulag.xls*

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

CRUSTY MINGE posted:

Spoken like someone who will never realize their gains.

probably not cause I bought it before you had to declare purchases on taxes and it doesn’t seem worth the hassle for a few hundo

Neco
Mar 13, 2005

listen

*adds name to gulag.txt*

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.
If you were a spreadsheet making zek you'd definitely get the soup from the bottom of the pot

BonHair
Apr 28, 2007

I just keep a not-gulag note on my phone. It's empty.

Ruffian Price
Sep 17, 2016

Your phone can take notes? :catstare:

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

:discourse:
It's what's for dinner.
God dammit everyone stop keeping separate gulag files. We're supposed to be keeping to one version

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle

Shame Boy posted:

Someone already beat you to um actuallying me on all these facts :colbert:

you were just ahead a few months, it'll almost certainly be illegal in september

jeebus bob
Nov 4, 2004

Festina lente
Ok everyone just add your list to the bottom of this one and we'll figure out a way to remove the duplicates eventually:
Gulag_revised_v2_new_final_b_reallyfinal_v3_THISONESTEPHEN_2017_b_final.odt.doc.txt.doc

It's on the Q drive (last I heard), or the H drive if you were hired after February of 2014. Ask Linda for access or tell George to remind her next day if shes out of office (most days after 2:30)

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

I honestly I have no idea who cannibal[SIC] is and I do not know why I should know.

syq dude, just syq!

Neco posted:

*adds name to gulag.txt*

*Adds name to computer skills retraining.tsv*

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

It would be easier to collaborate if we moved the gulag spreadsheet to google docs

Homocow
Apr 24, 2007

Extremely bad poster!
DO NOT QUOTE!

Pillbug
https://twitter.com/politico/status/1487073237813153797?s=20&t=mU8fGgq1FnckvtpPZmIK7g

Zokari
Jul 23, 2007

lol this is cartoonishly evil

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

the only ethical question this raises is how much potential shareholder value is being left on the table by not doing this with every psychiatrist's practice

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

Shear Modulus posted:

the only ethical question this raises is how much potential shareholder value is being left on the table by not doing this with every psychiatrist's practice

What makes you think they aren't

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

Also even without the cartoonish evil, "AI-driven chat bot to keep you from killing yourself" is already pretty fuckin' dire

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

:whitewater:

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

I keep on seeing ads for stuff like noom, betterhelp, and I think there is 1 more big one. I genuinely hate these companies and hope they perish.

Lacrosse
Jun 16, 2010

>:V

hobbesmaster posted:

$70k for IT in Seattle?

they were underpaid but that’s the worst angle he could’ve taken on that one :lol:

lol I make $60k doing IT in Seattle

:smith:

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

AnimeIsTrash posted:

I keep on seeing ads for stuff like noom, betterhelp, and I think there is 1 more big one. I genuinely hate these companies and hope they perish.

I think noom is just a cbt app where you mark your negative thoughts and it gives you replacement bullshit to do, better help let’s you talk to an actual shrink on video if you want

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

betterhelp sells usage data to facebook and "anonymized" personal data to data brokers

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.

Shear Modulus posted:

betterhelp sells usage data to facebook and "anonymized" personal data to data brokers

Cons: evil, ineffective
Pros: funds podcasts

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Dashing? But I'm not even moving!

Teriyaki Hairpiece posted:

Cons: evil, ineffective
Pros: funds podcasts

dam they like me f/r

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

Shear Modulus posted:

lol

apatheticman
May 13, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 18 hours!
Wedge Regret
If only we had some sort of self verifying way to store these files....

mortons stork
Oct 13, 2012

JeremoudCorbynejad posted:

God dammit everyone stop keeping separate gulag files. We're supposed to be keeping to one version

First clear cut use case for the blockchain i say

Marenghi
Oct 16, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!

indigi posted:

I think noom is just a cbt app where you mark your negative thoughts and it gives you replacement bullshit to do, better help let’s you talk to an actual shrink on video if you want

Does better help connect you with real shrinks? The ads gave me the impression it was gig workers you'd be talking to.

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

keyboard ⌨️​ :clint: cowboy

Marenghi posted:

Does better help connect you with real shrinks? The ads gave me the impression it was gig workers you'd be talking to.
actual shrinks doing gig work, was my impression

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

Marenghi posted:

give it a shot, they might be more relatable and better at their job than most “real shrinks” out there on account of their horrific experience.

Breakfast All Day
Oct 21, 2004

ikanreed posted:

*Adds name to computer skills retraining.tsv*

*adds name to gnulag.oleo*

Dawncloack
Nov 26, 2007
ECKS DEE!
Nap Ghost
* is too busy dictating all of your usernames into gul.ogg *

COPE 27
Sep 11, 2006

Marenghi posted:

No it just makes you answer a questionnaire then tells you to eat fewer calories or no one will love you

double nine
Aug 8, 2013

evilpicard posted:

No it just makes you answer a questionnaire then tells you to eat fewer calories or no one will love you

how did they know???

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle

Shame Boy posted:

Also even without the cartoonish evil, "AI-driven chat bot to keep you from killing yourself" is already pretty fuckin' dire

it's not me I want to kill when I deal with AI driven anything

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle

indigi posted:

from what I've read noom is like a dieting app that advises to get an eating disorder for all weight loss goals

like there was this whole big thread i saw on twitter of people that were like "I wanted to lose x lbs and it said to eat less than 1200 cal a day"

spacemang_spliff has issued a correction as of 14:48 on May 10, 2022