Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.
I think it should be illegal

Teriyaki Hairpiece has issued a correction as of 19:33 on May 6, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

One More Fat Nerd
Apr 13, 2007

Mama’s Lil’ Louie

Nap Ghost
Allergycels btfo by SinusChads

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

Man, these bourgeoisie sound really bad! I wonder where they come from and why nothing can be done about them.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
this is an all timer

https://twitter.com/Depheruk/status/1523339884005625856?s=20&t=u8K2boSNMoxx-tNMyYi_fQ

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

I don't jailbreak the androids, I set them free.

WATCH MARS EXPRESS (2023)

Already gone

HashtagGirlboss
Jan 4, 2005

I didn’t save an image but it was somebody scolding Twitter because they weren’t able to respond to a suicidal client by reason of being too busy posting on Twitter. This was everyone else’s fault somehow

runchild
May 26, 2010

420 smoke 🎨artisanal🍑 melange erryday

It’s still sorta there for me so here you go:

quote:

Sad news

I have just been informed that a gentleman we support has tried to commit suicide.
He is in hospital, stable, with a neighbour.

I missed his message, unfortunately because I was concentrating on the Twitter witch hunt.

If he dies, you are responsible

— ( DEPHER ) CIC UK: James Anderson🫂 (@Depheruk) May 8, 2022

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

https://twitter.com/MuellerSheWrote/status/1523104475233210368?t=sxWL_0KCsLspTrgMHnbkPw&s=19

Oneiros
Jan 12, 2007

for the communists, right?

right?

Horseshoe theory
Mar 7, 2005

Wait, are they saying that voting for Von Hindenburg, SDP, Zentrum and the NSDAP led to the fascist takeover with the Enabling Act or that a lack of voting got us there? :thunk:

HashtagGirlboss
Jan 4, 2005

Horseshoe theory posted:

Wait, are they saying that voting for Von Hindenburg, SDP, Zentrum and the NSDAP led to the fascist takeover with the Enabling Act or that a lack of voting got us there? :thunk:

The latter because her understanding of history is poor and she mostly just assumed her contemporary values inform events that happened nearly a hundred years ago

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

Holy poo poo read a book.
*One more Harry Potter analog later*
A different loving book!

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

My favorite part of Mueller She Wrote is that

1. It's still going
2. The "Fantasy Indictment League"

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

projecthalaxy posted:

1. It's still going

they argued with me on Twitter the other day when I said "blue no matter who" is how poo poo like roe v Wade getting struck down happens and they got really upset

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

I think this qualifies as a hot take? I can't really parse it.

Womp womp.

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

It's pretty early for beans yeah

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

quote:

As a Vietnamese American myself, the US is a multicultural democracy. China on the other hand is a totalitarian ethnostate.

Whenever there are tragedies or incidents happening in America, it immediately gets reported with protests. In China however, any tragedy or incident will be immediately censored before it causes a revolution.

Whenever America does something imperialistic in Vietnam, Iraq, or Afghanistan, it gets boycotted by several citizens and eventually pulled out. In China, anything imperialistic they do will supported with no opposition at all because of the CCP's indoctrination. You will see why Chinese netizens are calling Vladimir Putin a hero & say that Ukrainians deserved to be conquered.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

gradenko_2000 posted:

quote:

Whenever America does something imperialistic in Vietnam, Iraq, or Afghanistan, it gets boycotted by several citizens and eventually pulled out.
well they got the "several" part right

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

projecthalaxy posted:

1. It's still going

It's such a waste of a good pun.

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001
creating a podcast and whipping up your listeners in to such a frenzy that you're having to talk down some of them from suicide the day after the Mueller report dropped and didn't do poo poo is a hell of a business model

also iirc one of the hosts took 80-90% of the income and gave the two hosts basically 3-5% each

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

https://twitter.com/dsquareddigest/status/1199654332066603009?t=-yH3BRXW_3Dk37fc3AYeuw&s=19

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
3 guesses as to what generation Dan Davies belongs to. It might surprise you!

Dustcat
Jan 26, 2019

love to fight soviet russia by voting to make housing, education, and healthcare unaffordable for my grandchildren

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

I honestly I have no idea who cannibal[SIC] is and I do not know why I should know.

syq dude, just syq!

I can not think of a more boomer rear end take. What's broken generation

War and Pieces
Apr 24, 2022

DID NOT VOTE FOR FETTERMAN

ikanreed posted:

I can not think of a more boomer rear end take. What's broken generation

They have energy right to brag about beating Apartheid yet for some mysterious reason they forget about that one.

Telluric Whistler
Sep 14, 2008

Boomers? We didn't go to war, we non violently protested authoritarian fascists out of office. Vote

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

Liberals turning into bloodthirsty elitists after the wrong candidate won is producing a shedload of content

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?

gradenko_2000 posted:

Liberals turning into bloodthirsty elitists after the wrong candidate won is producing a shedload of content

someone should tell them that collective punishment is a war crime

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

https://twitter.com/shadihamid/status/1524602621595635713?s=20&t=DqCLhWzswpis2kBGPUzORw

exmachina
Mar 12, 2006

Look Closer

gradenko_2000 posted:

I work with a bunch of Filipino immigrants and every single one of them is bitter as gently caress about the election, even the ones who were hopeful about duterte. A choice quote was "we won the vote but they won the count". Another President Marcos (with VP Duterte!) is a terrible prospect for the Phillipines.

Not excising the behaviour but I understand where the anger is coming from

Orange Devil
Oct 1, 2010

Wullie's reign cannae smother the flames o' equality!

And Latin America.

And Africa.

And south-east Asia.

And central Asia.

Korea, Japan, China, pacific islands.

Russia.

Oh yeah and Europe too.

Probably Canada but who gives a poo poo?

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin
No no no you see you can only compare the US to other super powers, it's comparitively not all that bad. Because a coup is only marginally worse than building infrastructure so a nation becomes indebted to you.

Masculine Thrust
Apr 23, 2022

Dustcat posted:

love to fight soviet russia by voting to make housing, education, and healthcare unaffordable for my grandchildren

We get to vote for that??

Lord of Pie
Mar 2, 2007

Weird that he didn't list boomers' biggest accomplishment: destroying America

Arsenic Lupin
Apr 12, 2012

This particularly rapid💨 unintelligible 😖patter💁 isn't generally heard🧏‍♂️, and if it is🤔, it doesn't matter💁.

https://twitter.com/SwiftOnSecurity/status/1525271075642298370

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Huh? What? Who is signing their paychecks? What systems are they empowering with their labor input? God drat people need to read some Marx or even just stop to think about things for even a goddamned second

Arsenic Lupin
Apr 12, 2012

This particularly rapid💨 unintelligible 😖patter💁 isn't generally heard🧏‍♂️, and if it is🤔, it doesn't matter💁.

Epic High Five posted:

Huh? What? Who is signing their paychecks? What systems are they empowering with their labor input? God drat people need to read some Marx or even just stop to think about things for even a goddamned second

Let alone that steam engines weren't internal-combustion, or that people in the Industrial Revolution did not, in fact, have access to the means of production.

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Arsenic Lupin posted:

Let alone that steam engines weren't internal-combustion, or that people in the Industrial Revolution did not, in fact, have access to the means of production.

Heresy. The motive force was the engines, not the thing that fed them!

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin
Honestly it's true. As a programmer I rarely accomplish anything.
Post a lot tho.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy