Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

:psyduck: please stop whatever the gently caress this is

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Willa Rogers
Mar 11, 2005

wait, is it 200k kids taking insulin bc of type 1 or type 2? bc he shat out that it was type 2.

lobotomy molo
May 7, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

punk rebel ecks posted:

Leon Trotsky is like the king of gaslighting.

He posts articles and data and when you point out the sources he posts say something else he denies it.

maybe he’s just a finnish air force enthusiast? :thunk:

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

Oglethorpe posted:

authority figures be like

me reading cspam

PoontifexMacksimus
Feb 14, 2012

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

ruth bader ginsburg, who is a noted abortion activist by virtue of being a woman, is here with us in spirit at this nonviolent protest

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

there is a comedy to oppressing the powerless which is why powerful people do it.

everything happens for a reason.

The Pussy Boss
Nov 2, 2004

bedpan posted:

i'm thinking that biden is personally 100% onboard with abortion restrictions and bans, as are plenty of other high level dems. he is as uninterested in trying to fight for abortion as he is fighting for other things he disagrees with, such as marijuana legalization and debt cancelation.

that voicing support for abortion remaining legal (forget the question of access or availability) would cost him nothing and would be very popular and politically expedient carries no weight.

Biden never liked that abortion was anywhere near legal. Simple as.

I think about the moment in the Dem primary when the candidates were asked about the Hyde Amendment, which bans federal programs like Medicaid from paying for abortions. Every candidate was asked and only Biden said he supported Hyde, and he got slammed for it, and flip-flopped a couple days later. Joe Biden supported restrictions on abortion in the most recent election, until public opinion forced him to pretend to change his mind. He supported abortion restrictions in 2019. Three years ago.

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat

paul_soccer12 posted:

I lost all respect for Jeffrey of yospos when he shamefully platformed genocide denial

Oh man, that post started with a leper's colony old being sad their friend was probed and ended so beautifully. Early pages are dire, less so now in retrospect, but in the moment it was the worst. Then rewarded by a random Games poster assassinating Jeffrey of yospos. Such a good thread.

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:
thread is gaslighting me, personally

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

ShallNoiseUpon posted:

thread is gaslighting me, personally

no it's not. Are you feeling okay?

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:

Son of Thunderbeast posted:

no it's not. Are you feeling okay?

no but that's probably the 32 fluid ounces of G-Fuel Sonic Peach Rings coursing through my veins

Crazypoops
Jul 17, 2017

Lib and let die posted:

:psyduck: please stop whatever the gently caress this is

Me every morning

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat

Lib and let die posted:

personally, i just scroll past posts i don't like

Nothus
Feb 22, 2001

Buglord

Lib and let die posted:

personally, i just scroll past posts i don't like

Using the ignore function is posting without honor.

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

i will cop to using the ignore function, but not in its intended way. i use it to remind me that i'm about to read what is almost guaranteed to be some sort of infuriating cognitohazard and i need to approach it with the proper antimemetic barriers in place in my mind. I always click "here" to read this post anyway.

empty whippet box
Jun 9, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Nothus posted:

Using the ignore function is posting without honor.

The ignore function is shameful but useable

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

A shitty post? This calls for a dance of deduction.

Lib and let die posted:

i will cop to using the ignore function, but not in its intended way. i use it to remind me that i'm about to read what is almost guaranteed to be some sort of infuriating cognitohazard and i need to approach it with the proper antimemetic barriers in place in my mind. I always click "here" to read this post anyway.

Harsh but fair referring for you to refer to my posts as an example.

empty whippet box
Jun 9, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Lib and let die posted:

I do the same thing but when I see someone post in such a way that seems genuinely mean spirited

mags
May 30, 2008

I am a congenital optimist.

Lib and let die posted:

i didnt know you could place your own posts on ignore, nice

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

punk rebel ecks posted:

Harsh but fair referring for you to refer to my posts as an example.

it's 2 posters and you're neither one of them

the bar is incredibly high, but it's there.

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle
lmao

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

Staaaaahhhhhpppp! Please! Just stop!

Since the leak came out, we are being treated to a host of messages that amount to, "If we're going to take away women's right to determine what happens to their own bodies, we have to do X."

"If we're going to take away women's rights, we have to make the fathers pay."
"If we're going to take away women's rights, we should raise taxes so the state will financially support the mother as she raises the child."
"If we're going to take away women's rights, we have to hurt those who voted for it in their wallets!"

These "solutions" are everywhere. Memes, posts, comments from pundits and celebrities.

What ALL of these are saying is basically this: "OK. Go ahead and take away women's rights. But it'll cost you."

NO! JUST NO!

NONE OF THESE "solutions" supports women. All of them blithely allow for the enslavement of women. They are nonsense spews that encourage complacency in the face of an assault on the rights of the largest number of US citizens ever.

Please. Can we just kick this nonsense to the curb where it belongs.

The message is not, "If you're going to take away women's rights you have to do X."

The message is DO NOT TAKE AWAY WOMEN'S RIGHTS.

Mr. Sharps
Jul 30, 2006

The only true law is that which leads to freedom. There is no other.

best use of the ignore feature is that one dude who ignored everybody they could to the point that it slowed the entire forums apparatus to a crawl

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

Justin Tyme posted:

People like to frame the senate as an inherently slower institution as to check populism, but I think "tyranny of the majority" is just bullshit propaganda we've been fed for hundreds of years to keep the same class of assholes in charge. Abolishing the senate, expanding the house, and instituting compulsory voting would turn this country around so loving fast your head would spin.

Hell, make it so you could bring issues to national referendum directly and we'd have legal abortions and weed immediately given the polling data on those issues. Junta 2024 into a peaceful transition imo

That stuff would be good, but the bourgeoisie would still be in charge so poo poo would still be getting worse. maybe at a slower pace though.

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

punk rebel ecks posted:

Leon Trotsky is like the king of gaslighting.

He posts articles and data and when you point out the sources he posts say something else he denies it.

very cool to have the main dnd news thread's top poster be a pathological liar

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat

Lib and let die posted:

it's 2 posters and you're neither one of them

the bar is incredibly high, but it's there.

Same, but I use highlighted posters and mine are just Fluffdaddy and another QCS regular. It's to remind me of all the times they wronged me.

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

KirbyKhan posted:

Same, but I use highlighted posters and mine are just Fluffdaddy and another QCS regular. It's to remind me of all the times they wronged me.

oh i keep that stuff in goons.accdb

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Remember in the Harrison Bergeron story, how the dad was kinda bright, so the fictional oppressive government put a thing on his ear that would emit loud distracting noises every so often to ensure he couldn't keep a train of thought going?

I think about that a lot

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

i ignore anyone that says anime is bad

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

Calibanibal posted:

The catpeter ban didnt come out of nowhere, there was a thread made in the mod forum about him and we all (cspam staff, dnd staff, admins, staff from other subs) were allowed input. Jeffrey was actually very reluctant to take this step and the strongest push for banning came not from the dnd mods but actually from the cspam mods.

Name the names

Azathoth
Apr 3, 2001

lol how many of you are gonna bite on that?

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

Ultra Carp

WampaLord posted:

Remember in the Harrison Bergeron story, how the dad was kinda bright, so the fictional oppressive government put a thing on his ear that would emit loud distracting noises every so often to ensure he couldn't keep a train of thought going?

I think about that a lot

:mmmhmm:

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
The catpeter ban didnt come out of nowhere, there was a thread made in the mod forum about him and we all (cspam staff, dnd staff, admins, staff from other subs) were allowed input. Jeffrey was actually very reluctant to take this step and the strongest push for banning came not from the dnd mods but actually from the cspam mods.

empty whippet box
Jun 9, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Azathoth posted:

very cool to have the main dnd news thread's top poster be a pathological liar

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle
catpetered out

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

embed catpet

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

Azathoth posted:

giving calib IK was one of the best decisions

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002
mpreg catpet

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

https://twitter.com/mkraju/status/1524090721304776707?s=20&t=FCdEYk2cUEzOV_XVh6nGYw

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

empty whippet box
Jun 9, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Son of Thunderbeast posted:

giving calib IK was one of the best decisions

he can be trusted to keep shady mod poo poo secret because we won't be able to tell if he's joking or not even if he told us the realest poo poo possible