Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

Voted #1 Babysitter in Mushroom Kingdom

Seriously though the summoner mods out there are wild.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AAmbJ6Izt1E

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hazardousmouse
Dec 17, 2010

Gobbeldygook posted:

There's also a set of Forbidden Paid FFXIV add-ons that have features you will never see in Cactbot, like actual bots for grinding, automatically frogging someone as WHM in PvP when they start to cast something, adding AOE markers for effects that are supposed to be invisible (see below), etc. Their use in high end PVP and the Ultimate race was a step beyond what SE had previously tolerated.

Yeah apparently there's pvp mods that'll monitor enemy limit break gauges and health and auto pop your high burst abilities on said targets.with that out there, I knew something was going to happen on SEs side

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

Super No Vacancy posted:

10 day ban is a toasted earth at most

Comedy sixers for all goons itt admitting to using cheats.

Vitamean
May 31, 2012

hazardousmouse posted:

Yeah apparently there's pvp mods that'll monitor enemy limit break gauges and health and auto pop your high burst abilities on said targets.with that out there, I knew something was going to happen on SEs side

I got accused of using this mod because I got the same drg on the other team over several games and kept pocketing my sage LB for when they went untargetable lol

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!
There's a lot of amazing clothing mods too. Now there are also a lot of extremely horny sex mods, and one of the main mods that is required for a lot of outfits is something called Bibo+, which is a body replacement mod. And you can set it to have small clothes or full nude. I get the reasoning behind nude mods, I don't fully understand why so many of the clothing mods require Bibo+ or this other mod "Tight and Firm" (though Bibo+ keeps the body shape the same if you pick the small option.). I'd rather not have to bother going to the effort of installing an entire body mod just to put on all these cool clothes.

But anyway the point is there's a lot of clothing mods that looks really good and a lot of hair/tail options. Like I'd love YoshiP to just take a look at some of these hairs and outfits and just steal them and put them in the game. Also some of these outfits that modders create are insane. The one downside to using these mods is that, unless I've just totally missed something, the only way to mix and match mods that use the same model is to reinstall them. Turning one off and turning another one doesn't seem to work. The newest one just overwrites the old one. Which is a bummer because a lot of mods use the same specific item or hair style. Like the bathing suits are popular to use for a million different oufits, the ao dai (or whatever it's called), the ruffled dress, a handful of others. Yet another reason I'd like to see some of these just be implemented officially.

Not to mention HEELS!! There's so many heel options! Where are all my high heel options officially, YoshiP?? And these above don't even scratch the surface of cool looking outfits, there's just a lot that use the same model so it's a pain to have them all installed. The program that is used for these is pretty clunky

Mad Wack
Mar 27, 2008

"The faster you use your cooldowns, the faster you can use them again"
i saw one that gives leviathan a huge honkin horse dick, really adds to the tension of the fight

Orcs and Ostriches
Aug 26, 2010

The Great Twist
Most of the modded outfits I've seen look pretty terrible. Straight out of Nexusmods Skyrim quality stuff.

FuturePastNow
May 19, 2014

hazardousmouse posted:

Always has been. I was in Frontline matches a year ago where I'd get instantly stunned/silenced literally every time I hit the LB button. You can't make me believe anyone is that fast.

hazardousmouse
Dec 17, 2010
Lol last I knew there's no heels cause of extremely janky model shenanigans and apparently the 2B ones are elaborate feet models that effectively shorten you by the height of the heel

hazardousmouse
Dec 17, 2010

FuturePastNow posted:

Always has been. I was in Frontline matches a year ago where I'd get instantly stunned/silenced literally every time I hit the LB button. You can't make me believe anyone is that fast.

Yeah the vid mentioned theyve been out there since the feast, they're just seeing a resurgence due to CC

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

Voted #1 Babysitter in Mushroom Kingdom

The short version of why clothes mods are really particular is that all the clothes and armor in this game are basically entire model swaps rather than textures that stretch over the player. So every piece of gear has several models to accommodate the various player sizes. This is also why if you use a body mod you have to go get mods that change existing armor to work with it.

It's all a mess.

Note Block
May 14, 2007

nothing could fit so perfectly inside

Fun Shoe
https://twitter.com/mane_tank/status/1523774433931907072?s=20&t=5XAXHC0lVmCjeJPPTswSmQ

hopeandjoy
Nov 28, 2014

Macaluso posted:

There's a lot of amazing clothing mods too. Now there are also a lot of extremely horny sex mods, and one of the main mods that is required for a lot of outfits is something called Bibo+, which is a body replacement mod. And you can set it to have small clothes or full nude. I get the reasoning behind nude mods, I don't fully understand why so many of the clothing mods require Bibo+ or this other mod "Tight and Firm" (though Bibo+ keeps the body shape the same if you pick the small option.). I'd rather not have to bother going to the effort of installing an entire body mod just to put on all these cool clothes.

But anyway the point is there's a lot of clothing mods that looks really good and a lot of hair/tail options. Like I'd love YoshiP to just take a look at some of these hairs and outfits and just steal them and put them in the game. Also some of these outfits that modders create are insane. The one downside to using these mods is that, unless I've just totally missed something, the only way to mix and match mods that use the same model is to reinstall them. Turning one off and turning another one doesn't seem to work. The newest one just overwrites the old one. Which is a bummer because a lot of mods use the same specific item or hair style. Like the bathing suits are popular to use for a million different oufits, the ao dai (or whatever it's called), the ruffled dress, a handful of others. Yet another reason I'd like to see some of these just be implemented officially.

Not to mention HEELS!! There's so many heel options! Where are all my high heel options officially, YoshiP?? And these above don't even scratch the surface of cool looking outfits, there's just a lot that use the same model so it's a pain to have them all installed. The program that is used for these is pretty clunky

One part for the upscaled, asymmetric skin and one part for the big honking tiddies. I’m sure you’ve noticed, but most clothing mods use medium boobs at the smallest, even if they’re SFW.

I have Bibo + installed mostly for cooler Au Ra scales and the upscales and also The Body SE (the version for guys minus Roes and Horths) for the same reason. I also use size edits for both to make their much more vanilla though and don’t use a ton of upscaled vanilla gear (outside of stuff for guys, partly because I’d rather see man tits than woman tits and partly because I want my bunny’s scar skin to be visible damnit).

There’s also a couple sfw lala body mods and a very “I see you enjoy bears” m!Roe and Hroth body replacement.

hazardousmouse
Dec 17, 2010
Look; as a bear, if that was an in game option I'd probably go for it

SettingSun
Aug 10, 2013

Ibram Gaunt posted:

They don't get actioned because no one is streaming with them visible and getting reported.

Yeah. SE will waste no time banning you if they catch you with a super cheaty mod. It's just, they need evidence of you using it. XIV doesn't use one of those invasive anti-cheat programs but I bet it's a discussion topic in their meetings. Any mod that messes with models comes with a huge warning: Don't do anything that sends the server your character data while you are modding things because that's you telling SE you're violating the eula by altering game data.

Impermanent
Apr 1, 2010
if you don't stream you can still do trials high with cactbot and you can pretend your ping is good with xivalexander, and you can play weird barbie sex dungeon adventures with the available horny mods. nothing is going to really change for anyone who isn't playing at the level of streaming and gettings 10ks of views, except that they might give us some better ui elements.

yoship i don't care what else happens but if you could give me a separate callout on the HUD for raid buffs that would be solid thanks. You can do one of the goofy class bar things for it if you want.

edit: also they promised us years ago different possible summons and now mods are giving us that so if they're going to start banning people they have to give summoners summon glams. I don't even play the job anymore but I'd toodle a round with it for alliances and stuff if it meant that I got to summon shiva or ramuh

Impermanent fucked around with this message at 19:10 on May 10, 2022

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

when the world first video came out with cactbot callouts i was like "ooooh SE aren't going to like that very much..."

over the past few months ive seen a bunch of streamers with tons of mods, some of them basically turning their ui into a WoW style ui, some of them just changing it completely, and it always made me go "ehhhh you probably shouldn't be doing that on stream..."

so my personal opinion is, probably don't stream your addons. i'm not surprised people are getting banned to be honest. the rules haven't changed. they're enforcing them.

hazardousmouse
Dec 17, 2010
Yeah, very much tempting fate. I got paranoid enough using windower back in 11

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

oh lord, I’ve started ocean fishing

TheWorldsaStage
Sep 10, 2020

Yeah, FYI to those who use them and dont know already if you use concept matrix or anamnesis and change anything about or on your character do not use the hairdresser until you're not anymore.

Subjunctive posted:

oh lord, I’ve started ocean fishing

Enjoy the ride!

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

TheWorldsaStage posted:

Enjoy the ride!

I’m really bad, but I will get that shark some day.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

Super No Vacancy posted:

10 day ban is a toasted earth at most

yeah a 10 day suspension of a handful of streamers is not the apocalypse

it's going to continue to be a gray area for non-streamers because the ones most people are using are undetectable, and the ones that are detectable are the ones that definitely go into full-on cheating and I won't be shedding tears over

Orcs and Ostriches
Aug 26, 2010

The Great Twist
I'm about as anti-tpt as one gets, but I still think SE should issue warnings before suspensions on TOS issues that have been unenforced for years.

And probably before the DSR race, and not after while a lot of groups are still progging it.

But whatever. Let that be a warning to other streamers until they stop enforcing it again.

Vitamean
May 31, 2012

if you've ever seen someone mention their parse in alliance or party chat in a random rear end dungeon, you could report them and that unenforced TOS is magically enforced.

Orcs and Ostriches
Aug 26, 2010

The Great Twist
I don't believe for a second that someone hasn't already reported Xenos or Arthars et. al., for having parses on screen, nor others for having UI modifications. The new wave of suspensions is new policy.

Orcs and Ostriches fucked around with this message at 19:49 on May 10, 2022

Vitamean
May 31, 2012

haven't both of them in particular been suspended in the past for encouraging harassment of other players?

Deviant
Sep 26, 2003

i've forgotten all of your names.

Vitamean posted:

if you've ever seen someone mention their parse in alliance or party chat in a random rear end dungeon, you could report them and that unenforced TOS is magically enforced.

lmao dont be a fuckin snitch

Orcs and Ostriches
Aug 26, 2010

The Great Twist

Vitamean posted:

haven't both of them in particular been suspended in the past for encouraging harassment of other players?

Over actual harassment, yes. And then they continued with ACT on screen because that wasn't the issue.

aers
Feb 15, 2012

Kerrzhe posted:

when the world first video came out with cactbot callouts i was like "ooooh SE aren't going to like that very much..."

the world first video having cactbot callouts would be very impressive given its been 2 weeks and cactbot has barely implemented the first 2 phases of the fight

the reality is one of their 2 outside raid helpers programmed custom triggers for them, which is something every world first competing group does. then the community pretends everyone cleared without ~Cheats~ and expects every casual/midcore group to do it "Legit"

Vitamean
May 31, 2012

Deviant posted:

lmao dont be a fuckin snitch

cry about it

Deviant
Sep 26, 2003

Vitamean posted:

cry about it

you gonna tell the teacher about that too?

Hyper Inferno
Jun 11, 2015
FFLogs does give us these gems of parses:

https://www.fflogs.com/reports/Q9nB6c1Wwzp8fD7N#fight=74&type=damage-done
https://www.fflogs.com/reports/CPcJWQRAmHkgyY3v#fight=2&type=damage-done

In case it's unclear, Yoshi'p Sampo is Yoshida.

Impermanent
Apr 1, 2010
was wondering when someone was gonna try to brand calling their mom about someone parsing as an cool edgelord thing to do

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

aers posted:

the world first video having cactbot callouts would be very impressive given its been 2 weeks and cactbot has barely implemented the first 2 phases of the fight

the reality is one of their 2 outside raid helpers programmed custom triggers for them, which is something every world first competing group does. then the community pretends everyone cleared without ~Cheats~ and expects every casual/midcore group to do it "Legit"

a custom trigger or a pre-installed cactbot trigger are functionally the same, but i see your point. just don't stream it

edit: couldn't they just mute ACT in OBS so it doesn't feed the audio to the stream?

Kerrzhe fucked around with this message at 19:59 on May 10, 2022

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Deviant posted:

Gonna report you to those FCs that are nothing but Lala cops.

Dryzen
Jul 23, 2011

Deviant posted:

lol dude if you’re posting about parses in an alliance raid i think the snitch here is someone else

Note Block
May 14, 2007

nothing could fit so perfectly inside

Fun Shoe

Vitamean posted:

sure you must mean barse

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Subjunctive posted:

I’m really bad, but I will get that shark some day.

Do your missions
use double/triple hook on the big quantity/point fishes during spectral (you can usually identify these by time they take to bite and the bite type)
or even if you don't know what they are just make sure you're always double hooking during spectral you should never finish spectral with enough GP to double hook
(ps you can use this guide to find out what fish are best for points https://ffxiv.pf-n.co/ocean-fishing just make sure you change the filter under the schedule to "show all fish")

it's really easy to get 90% bonus if you get two spectrals and finish all your missions

20% for doing missions
20% if you catch 35 fish during spectral currents (this is combined between every current on the voyage)
20% for getting to 5k points (if you catch 35 spectral current fish you should be able to hit this)
20% for your party combining to catch 10 different fish in one zone (10% each zone, so if you have two spectrals this is basically guaranteed in those two)
10% if you catch a 4* fish (all normal fish in spectral are 4*)

with a 90% bonus you need 5,264 base points (or maybe 5,263 depending on how they round it)

IME the two best point routes are Sharks and Jellyfish (I have broken 20k on both of these routes)

It'll still come down to a bit of luck but you can lower the amount of luck you need by knowing the best ways to hit your point goals

Deviant
Sep 26, 2003

Electric Phantasm posted:

Gonna report you to those FCs that are nothing but Lala cops.

lall cops are bastards

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vitamean
May 31, 2012

in general the perception that GMs don't enforce TOS is very funny when we just had a significant clearout of win traders on the CC rankings.