Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nitevision
Oct 5, 2004

Your Friendly FYAD Helper
Ask Me For FYAD Help
Another Reason To Talk To Me Is To Hangout
The latest "Landlord Special" in Seattle are new-build townhomes that are purchased and flipped as luxury rentals instantly, which you can spot because they don't even have blinds installed on the windows (which builders typically leave up to the buyer to choose).

Looking very swag !

And in another pair of photos they edited a tint onto a window to make it look like a blind?

I saw another one that said "relisted after adding window blinds" dragging their feet to do the minimum to unlock the Passive Income

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

i am harry
Oct 14, 2003

looking down at the rippling viewing pool, Zxhrg sighed.
~“I know…” concurred the eminent representative from Kk’lmeb, as its free-floating tentacles glided in frustrated consolation.
“every developed species in the entire galaxy realizes the need to kill all landlords…!”
~“yes…”
“yet these feckless humans do nothing!” Zxhrg thumped his many appendages against the viewing receptacle.
the pool rippled.

smug jeebus
Oct 26, 2008
No fecks given

cowboy beepboop
Feb 24, 2001

https://twitter.com/holz_bau/status/1454596635309133826

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

Yugoslavian and Soviet style housing was the best.

Nothus
Feb 22, 2001

Buglord
https://twitter.com/CollapseTalkPod/status/1523716115276644358?s=20&t=ISB4z5W49muXciE5kZnZqg

The replies are amazingly dumb, but I wish I knew the story behind the pictures.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

they are probably rentals

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

the story behind the picture is “Detroit” no?

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

ok so racism

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

euphronius posted:

they are probably rentals

could easily be pre-foreclosure eviction in the 09 photos and then 2019 is what it looks like after the bank sat on it for ten years

Ammanas
Jul 17, 2005

Voltes V: "Laser swooooooooord!"

bawfuls posted:

the story behind the picture is “Detroit” no?

yes

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

i thought a friend of mine at amazon earned like 140k/year but turns out it's closer to 320k. he's a loving idiot with a serious drinking problem. hearing that number made me hyperventilate; 60k/year may as well be infinite money to me, that would triple my income. i'm going to die poor and i don't know what to do about it

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider

i say swears online posted:

i thought a friend of mine at amazon earned like 140k/year but turns out it's closer to 320k. he's a loving idiot with a serious drinking problem. hearing that number made me hyperventilate; 60k/year may as well be infinite money to me, that would triple my income. i'm going to die poor and i don't know what to do about it

hey fella wanna buy an nft?

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?

I feel this very hard. it should be socially acceptable to tell your rich friends to pay your rent

War and Pieces
Apr 24, 2022

DID NOT VOTE FOR FETTERMAN
can confirm that $60K is infinite money, feels good man

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

it's been impossible to hang out with my friends downtown the last couple years just because they go to expensive places but i'm finding it super hard to show up at bbqs and pool parties now too because we just have zero in common

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

you need a house so you can throw bbq and they show up because they are your friends. you need the house tho, sorry

Morbus
May 18, 2004

Bar Ran Dun posted:

my mortgage originator

“I am beginning to see a lot more reasonable offers being accepted at or below listing price. “

I'm also hearing that homes are selling without multiple offers and no more crazy bidding wars or selling 100k over ask.

I think part of this, though, is that the homes that are still on the market have various issues like "being surrounded by redwoods with a single evacuation road directly inside an area which recently suffered catastrophic wildfires as we enter forever-drought"

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

you don’t need to have the same friends for your whole life

War and Pieces
Apr 24, 2022

DID NOT VOTE FOR FETTERMAN

it's been impossible to hang out with my friends downtown the last couple years just because they go to expensive places but i'm finding it super hard to show up at bbqs and pool parties now too because we just have zero in common

better than being friends with poors who are too overworked to hang out

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

yeah sure let me just blow 2 hours of wages to buy a single moscow mule or g&t at a fancy farm2table bar lol

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

Xaris posted:

yeah sure let me just blow 2 hours of wages to buy a single moscow mule or g&t at a fancy farm2table bar lol

they are baffled that i think this way. it's an entirely different language, i'm just making monkey noises

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

you don’t have to be friends with your class enemies

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

euphronius posted:

you don’t have to be friends with your class enemies

but i get a lot of brisket

Antonymous
Apr 4, 2009

if you made $32,000/yr every year from 18 to 80 and never paid any tax or spent a single cent then at age 81 you could buy one of those 2 million dollar homes. because you would have just then made 2 million dollars

5 million could pay you $80k from 18 to 80

USA's GDP per capita is $64,000

CongoJack
Nov 5, 2009

Ask Why, Asshole
Imagine making 10 times as much money as a friend and not always buying drinks when you hang out.

Lacrosse
Jun 16, 2010

>:V

CongoJack posted:

Imagine making 10 times as much money as a friend and not always buying drinks when you hang out.

The people I know who make more than me try to get like new prices for any old poo poo they're trying to get rid of

a primate
Jun 2, 2010

CongoJack posted:

yea that’s what I was thinking

320k is an absolute shitload of money though, especially in the US where you pay like 15% tax or whatever it is

Ferdinand Bardamu
Apr 30, 2013

a primate posted:

yea that’s what I was thinking

320k is an absolute shitload of money though, especially in the US where you pay like 15% tax or whatever it is

good news, it's actually 26% in a random city I selected (Denver, CO).

https://smartasset.com/taxes/income-taxes#owkVQgxBC1

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat
Just don't have friends IMO. The only personal contacts that have been to our house since we moved in a year ago are a couple of my running friends to get a quick drink of water, and my parents a couple of times.

Our realtor wants to meet us for dinner and see what we've done to the place and it's like lol why

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

Probably closer to $270k after the AMZN stock tanked. So he's basically poor now.

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

Just watch a Marvel movie once a year and you'll be fine. Rich people parties are great as long as you don't have to pay for anything.

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

CongoJack posted:

If I think I make more than my friend I pick up the check. they have to get sneaky to outmaneuver me

euphronius posted:

you don’t need to have the same friends for your whole life

it becomes exponentially harder to make close friends once you’re out of school because bonding is primarily a function of in-person time spent together (for neurotypicals/non-socioaffective disorders). poo poo like zoom/facetime counts but is like 1/6 as impactful

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

C-Euro posted:

Just don't have friends IMO. The only personal contacts that have been to our house since we moved in a year ago are a couple of my running friends to get a quick drink of water, and my parents a couple of times.

Our realtor wants to meet us for dinner and see what we've done to the place and it's like lol why

you already have your life partner, that’s cheating the social game!!!

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

yeah you can’t pull the don’t have friends card if you have a partner. that’s stolen valor

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

owned

Euphoriaphone
Aug 10, 2006

why did i waive the ip68 rating contingency?!
https://twitter.com/andydhorowitz/status/1524107924305547265

Lacrosse
Jun 16, 2010

>:V

There was a house at Washaway Beach in Washington for sale for $200,000 last year that has probably already fallen into the sea

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider
There once was a house that put to sea
And the place of the house was in Rodanthe, N.C.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

weird why is the ocean rising ?