Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ThisIsJohnWayne
Feb 23, 2007
Ooo! Look at me! NO DON'T LOOK AT ME!

Ed Gamble is a thief

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o6fcx2TcbvY

Norwegian Taskmaster Serie5 stage competition, Carrot in a Box.
Found it at random, not as good as 8 Cats Does Countdown, but still good.

Mr Beens
Dec 2, 2006
Another great episode. All 7 look like they are having great fun on the stage.

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

the girls team absolutely running 100% with the insane bird theme was perfect

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
It's the second desecrated church used for a task for no particular reason. Alex appears to have some sort of a fascination with them.

LesterGroans
Jun 9, 2009

It's funny...

You were so scary at night.
I would have had a blast with that shoe task, it seemed like a lot of fun.

oh jay
Oct 15, 2012

I wonder how late into filming they shot the shoe task. What they had to say after each question was spot on for each of their emergent storylines.

LesterGroans
Jun 9, 2009

It's funny...

You were so scary at night.

oh jay posted:

I wonder how late into filming they shot the shoe task. What they had to say after each question was spot on for each of their emergent storylines.

Chris's enthusiasm vs. Sophie's legitimate exasperation was great

CatstropheWaitress
Nov 26, 2017

Always love seeing The Knappet brought out.

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

The scarlet letter was her passport into regions where other women dared not tread. Shame, Despair, Solitude! These had been her teachers, stern and wild ones, and they had made her strong, but taught her much amiss.
Clapping Larry
Judi Love's reaction to her fingatnail was hilarious

ThisIsJohnWayne
Feb 23, 2007

They keep getting better

AzureSkys
Apr 27, 2003

I'm glad Ardal remembered to put a foot out.

Irisi
Feb 18, 2009

Paladinus posted:

It's the second desecrated church used for a task for no particular reason. Alex appears to have some sort of a fascination with them.

We have a lot of them in the UK, sometimes they get converted to housing, or into secular community halls that can be hired out for a few days. There's one near me that's now a theatre/restaurant/pub, it puts on an event called "A Play, A Pie and A Pint" every week where you get...exactly that. It's such fun.

(Pedantry alert: it's deconsecrated for a place of worship being officially changed from religious to secular use, desecrated is when a place of worship gets wrecked or spoiled by invaders.)

Dr. Cool Aids
Jul 6, 2009
No way!

thehustler
Apr 17, 2004

I am very curious about this little crescendo

I fell completely to pieces over this very specifically. His little face every time. Perfect.

Aphex-
Jan 29, 2006

Dinosaur Gum
That is an all timer episode for me, was laughing all the way through. Ardal was especially amazing.

Heavy_D
Feb 16, 2002

"rararararara" contains the meaning of everything, kept in simple rectangular structures
While I'd hate to see it overused, giving each contestant a little thing of their own to do or say in the task really made the "shoe who" task sing. "I have to find the shoe" is just so well judged for Ardal. I would like to find someone who hasn't seen the episode, show them a clip of the second attempt at the team task, then ask them what task they think is being attempted. It was hilarious though.

Heavy_D fucked around with this message at 16:23 on May 6, 2022

Gorn Myson
Aug 8, 2007

Had to pause it for a couple of minutes because of Greg telling Alex off for touching him. I couldn't breathe because I was laughing so hard.

nerox
May 20, 2001
This season's studio banter has been awesome. Alex has broken character a lot he is getting so cracked up.

The Cheshire Cat
Jun 10, 2008

Fun Shoe

nerox posted:

This season's studio banter has been awesome. Alex has broken character a lot he is getting so cracked up.

I absolutely loved how everyone lost it at Ardal's extremely dumb "It doesn't remember me" joke. He just delivered it so sincerely that it caught them all off guard.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
I suspect Ardal prepares jokes in advance, which makes it even funnier somehow.

Der Kyhe
Jun 25, 2008

The season 3 for Suurmestari has been ...boring? The tasks are from the more esoteric side (order party balloons without these words, make up a task etc.) without much opportunities for out-of-the-box thinking, and the studio banter is aggressively bad because there is no-one with a comedy instinct to play off the motormouth that is the ex-Madventures host. It also seems that they have even less of an budget this time around.

One interesting tidbit; one task was "Hide these 3 eggplants to this room". Four out of five contestants went with the "should I shove these into my prison wallet?" approach, three of them women, and one actually mentioned on the camera that "just to be certain, do we each get our own eggplants or should I take that one to home and burn it?".

drunken officeparty
Aug 23, 2006

Alex getting legitimately frustrated was :discourse:

Fatty
Sep 13, 2004
Not really fat
"Wandering the suburbs like a jazz drummer looking for heroin."

Der Kyhe
Jun 25, 2008

One thing that I also hated in Suurmestari S3E4 was that they did the "put enough weight on this scale" and instead of 317.70 and gag solution they had two scales with both requiring 37.04 kg (or so) with no gag, or at least one they would show. That's just lazy design. How hard would it have been to hide in plain sight some garden stone figures with a sneaky "S"-signs that would be the exact weight?

Der Kyhe fucked around with this message at 21:41 on May 6, 2022

Heavy_D
Feb 16, 2002

"rararararara" contains the meaning of everything, kept in simple rectangular structures

Der Kyhe posted:

One thing that I also hated in Suurmestari S3E4 was that they did the "put enough weight on this scale" and instead of 317.70 and gag solution they had two scales with both requiring 37.04 kg (or so) with no gag, or at least one they would show. That's just lazy design. How hard would it have been to hide in plain sight some garden stone figures with a sneaky "S"-signs that would be the exact weight?

That's a shame. The Portuguese series did the same basic task, but at least had the twist that the target weight was 70 pounds, which the contestants had no intuition for, being schooled in the metric system.

Lemon
May 22, 2003

I loved Ardal in Father Ted obviously but knew little else about him, I somehow wasn't expecting him to be so loving funny

Der Kyhe
Jun 25, 2008

The other problem is that in this season none of the contestants are personal friends or frequent collaborators of the Taskmaster. So in addition of not having a quick-witted comedian to comment on the motor-mouth, there is nobody to give constant lip to the judge.

The first two seasons were funny and great; its like they sacked everyone who understood the concept and went with "get the people who host most viewer-grabbing shows". Riku Rantala (the Madventures guy) is always great because he is a cerebral maniac whatever he does, but the others are a wet fart because they are the type of comedians who need time to think responses, or just straight man hosts to funny shows. And the "nice looking one" is a never-heard woman who is dirty-minded, but not that witty.

Dr. Cool Aids
Jul 6, 2009

Lemon posted:

I loved Ardal in Father Ted obviously but knew little else about him, I somehow wasn't expecting him to be so loving funny

To be fair, he was also in My Hero so it could've gone either way

Inferior
Oct 19, 2012

The out-take from that task is pretty great for Chris Ramsey's manic reaction.

Really enjoyed this episode too. Favorite task was probably the speech one, if only for Bridget's line: "Well, I'm no Malcolm X".

An Ounce of Gold
Jul 13, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Heavy_D posted:

Gonna re-litigate something that Ed Gamble got wrong on the podcast this week. He claims that Bridget failed to complete the middle task in the show because the monster popped up before the balls were clacking. But no. In the crucial frame of the footage, there is a blur of the monster popping, but it's superimposed over an image of the monster still squatting. That means the monster popped up during the frame. ...

I will go a step further. That frame looks like it is an interpolated frame with optical flow. That would mean you are looking at a blended frame; which means the monster actually popped after that frame and it (Premiere Pro or Final Cut) is blending the monsters together into one frame for the interpolation.

thehustler
Apr 17, 2004

Think most folk are using Avid to cut TV shows. Nobody uses FCP anymore professionally anyway since Apple bailed on the pro market.

ThisIsJohnWayne
Feb 23, 2007

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=86UEUpON8eY

Heavy_D
Feb 16, 2002

Sophie really knows how to provoke funny responses from Alex

- Have you written these questions?
- ...It doesn't say.

- Have you enjoyed this series of taskmaster?
- <checks clipboard>...Yes.

- If you could keep one thing in your mouth for —
- It's going to be an egg whatever the question is.

The Modern Leper
Dec 25, 2008

You must be a masochist
Alex really took his life into his own hands touching a black woman's hair like that. :aaa:

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

The most obnoxious taskmaster contestant by far won in the Norwegian version.

Beerdeer
Apr 25, 2006

Frank Herbert's Dude

Alhazred posted:

The most obnoxious taskmaster contestant by far won in the Norwegian version.

Worse than Lisa Lampanelli?

Heavy_D
Feb 16, 2002

I was rooting for Kristine, but it wasn't to be. When she was on her A game, she completed the tasks with such aplomb, and her entries for the prize task were always thoughtful and well-presented (she was robbed in Ep 10!). But she struck out on too many of the tasks to stay in contention.

Unkempt
May 24, 2003

...perfect spiral, scientists are still figuring it out...

Beerdeer posted:

Worse than Lisa Lampanelli Tarbuck?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

thehustler
Apr 17, 2004

You take that back! :o