Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CJ
Jul 3, 2007

Asbungold
I think a big problem is it's hard to even attempt to buy into it when he's called Curious Gorge. Imagine doing the DRK questline if Fran was called Clyford the big red Dog.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheWorldsaStage
Sep 10, 2020

sassassin posted:

edit: Paladin is better than "sad man stands under waterfall and can't make up his mind".

This is so harsh. Nothing is worse than Paladin :colbert:

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

CJ posted:

I think a big problem is it's hard to even attempt to buy into it when he's called Curious Gorge. Imagine doing the DRK questline if Fran was called Clyford the big red Dog.

If you're gonna try to make a point about names, might wanna get them right.

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

CJ posted:

Imagine doing the DRK questline if Fran was called Clyford the big red Dog.

Im imagining it.

S.J.
May 19, 2008

Just who the hell do you think we are?

CJ posted:

That would loving own you weirdo

Bloody Pom
Jun 5, 2011

TheWorldsaStage posted:

This is so harsh. Nothing is worse than Paladin :colbert:

This, PLD was my first job and I was just rolling my eyes for most of the quests. The only good parts were the tournament, and your Newtype aura causing Aldis to poo poo a brick.

Bloody Pom fucked around with this message at 23:56 on May 10, 2022

Note Block
May 14, 2007

nothing could fit so perfectly inside

Fun Shoe

aers posted:

I got suspended in FFXI in 2005 for pos hacking so clearly the GMs had some power

I did, however, never get dinged for cheating my way into the endgame area which was locked behind a questline requiring you to be 70+ on a level 10 character

GMs had power for certain things and this is one of them, obviously.

Vitamean
May 31, 2012

aers posted:

I got suspended in FFXI in 2005 for pos hacking so clearly the GMs had some power

I did, however, never get dinged for cheating my way into the endgame area which was locked behind a questline requiring you to be 70+ on a level 10 character

did you do it to bazaar sneak oils to forgetful people like I did

Chillgamesh
Jul 29, 2014

Vitamean posted:

Were you just warping around Ro'maeve like a cross between the fuckin RE4 Merchant and Fazasher Death Weapon or something

Vitamean
May 31, 2012

back when you had to walk up through zitah and romaeve then sit through the gate cutscene there's nothing like realizing you forgot to stock up right as you see a naked galka sitting there with oils at 3x markup

Dryzen
Jul 23, 2011

boomers...

Kagaya Homoraisan
Aug 28, 2019

You say, run away
Instead, you get scared
For the way that I feel
Drops out into all this disorder

Dryzen posted:

boomers...

ff11 is da poop

aers
Feb 15, 2012

Vitamean posted:

nah I just went to hang out with some people in the Kirin room. when they asked how I got there I said I did the quest.

Fiye
Nov 23, 2021

No one can hide anything from me.
Your heart is in plain sight to me.

Impermanent posted:

yoship i don't care what else happens but if you could give me a separate callout on the HUD for raid buffs that would be solid thanks. You can do one of the goofy class bar things for it if you want.

I just have my UI buffs split and I took my debuff bar and resized it to 300%. It really helped me back in hello world and I would 900% recommend it.

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

https://twitter.com/aerisviel/status/1524188724791283712

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!
I don't get it

Lord_Magmar
Feb 24, 2015

"Welcome to pound town, Slifer slacker!"

Macaluso posted:

I don't get it

You can't join Alliance C, the Third Party, because Third Party Tools are banned.

Vitamean
May 31, 2012

condolences to the free company. can I have your house?

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Vitamean posted:

condolences to the free company. can I have your house?

It's in an fc only ward so no

Impermanent
Apr 1, 2010
yoship should let you use ACT but only if you own a house

Hommando
Mar 2, 2012
Using voice chat is a third party tool.

Oneiros
Jan 12, 2007

Hommando posted:

use auto-translate only like yoship intended

Zeruel
Mar 27, 2010

Alert: bad post spotted.
(highest quality) (hello)

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Everybody wants to be a cat~
~Because a cat's the only cat~
~Who knows where its at~

ALL RIGHT YOU MAGGOTS, THE HEAVENSWARD LP WANTS YOU TO DROP AND GIVE ME 20 COMMENTS ON THIS CHAPTER COVERING SCHOLAR QUESTS! AND THEN REPORT TO THE MESS HALL AND START PEELING POTATOES BECAUSE IT ALSO COVERS WHITE MAGE!

Ringo Roadagain
Mar 27, 2010

recently got to max level and have been doing savage raids and the whole thing about people in this game being nicer than people in wow is definitely not true lol.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Can the Sage limit break (Thunderdome) be moved? I just did a CC where I could've sworn it went up, then 5 seconds later shot ahead about 15 yalms.

squirrelzipper
Nov 2, 2011

Lord_Magmar posted:

Like, as far as WoW streamers go Pyromancer appears to actually be super into the story of the game, literally writing down notes as he goes and theorising.

Lots of them are. Preach, Bellular, Nobbel, Pyro. There's a huge bunch of story/lore wow nerds loving what they're finding.

Fiye
Nov 23, 2021

No one can hide anything from me.
Your heart is in plain sight to me.

Ringo Roadagain posted:

recently got to max level and have been doing savage raids and the whole thing about people in this game being nicer than people in wow is definitely not true lol.

Going for PUG reclears hasn't been painful but if you're having a bad day any PFer is only going to tolerate you for 2 pulls to 30 mins (Unless you get an almost enrage kill on P3S/P4S).

However if you're trying to get a clear friends definitely help. Clear parties are the loving worst.

Zeruel
Mar 27, 2010

Alert: bad post spotted.

Ringo Roadagain posted:

we got another one lads.
I got insulted and berated on day 0 of doing p4 normal when people were still discovering the strategies. XIV isn't some paradise of kind players. there are still assholes waiting in the wings.

Axel Serenity
Sep 27, 2002

Bruceski posted:

Can the Sage limit break (Thunderdome) be moved? I just did a CC where I could've sworn it went up, then 5 seconds later shot ahead about 15 yalms.

Yes. The SGE can reposition it once before it's over

Oneiros
Jan 12, 2007

from what i've been told if you're progging savage this late in the tier you're dealing with a) other late comers like yourself who have no clue what's going on and b) people who have been working on it for ages not but have not progressed for reasons

so it's likely to be a bit more difficult than usual

guess i'll find out when/if i actually bother giving p3s a shot

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
and in general 1 and 2 can be cleared in an evening with callouts and 3-4 vets helping out (longer if you don't have that obviously), but 3 and 4 are just going to take long hours of practice by design

Tamba
Apr 5, 2010

Bruceski posted:

Yes, you can move it once

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
PF, at least on primal, generally follows the two mechanic rule: whatever mechanic the prog party claims its on, its actual skill level is two mechanics behind that

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Anybody lose their glasses?
in my experience the general crowd is way nicer than any other online game i've played, even outside mmos. on the other hand there's always gonna be dumbass elitists who refuse to accept that they may not be god's gift to this world. in short, xiv is a land of contrasts, much like my ability to prog. i'm doing the tethers right, i swear.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
its always the tethers fault

we're on like our tenth iteration of tethers and they're still jank

Lord_Magmar
Feb 24, 2015

"Welcome to pound town, Slifer slacker!"

cheetah7071 posted:

its always the tethers fault

we're on like our tenth iteration of tethers and they're still jank

Love how in a mechanic where 4 tethers and 4 non tethers need to work out how to soak intercardinal towers the solution is for the four people who want tethers to run around the boss like headless chickens instead of doing intercardinal partners and then having the people not soaking towers walk in towards the boss and back out at cardinals.

It’s like how Elmo is more likely to get people killed than most other methods of doing that fight, the operative word for PF brain dead mechanics is dead more often than not for me.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

Lord_Magmar posted:

Love how in a mechanic where 4 tethers and 4 non tethers need to work out how to soak intercardinal towers the solution is for the four people who want tethers to run around the boss like headless chickens instead of doing intercardinal partners and then having the people not soaking towers walk in towards the boss and back out at cardinals.

It’s like how Elmo is more likely to get people killed than most other methods of doing that fight, the operative word for PF brain dead mechanics is dead more often than not for me.

that sounds like a lot more effort than the strat that gives the players who want tethers the tethers from the start

Oneiros
Jan 12, 2007

cheetah7071 posted:

and in general 1 and 2 can be cleared in an evening with callouts and 3-4 vets helping out (longer if you don't have that obviously), but 3 and 4 are just going to take long hours of practice by design

heck, i got thru 1 and 2 in an evening each with less than that months ago (godbert and company did get me to p1s enrage to be entirely fair but i found that i don't do well with callouts because silent runs went muuuuuuuuuch smoother for me)

but yeah they're the entry point. ime i found the ex trails roughly equivalent in terms of time spent clearing them with pf randos

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mix.
Jan 24, 2021

Huh? What?

Hommando posted:

dont tell the dead by daylight devs that or they'll get grumpy again :v: