Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Puppy Galaxy
Aug 1, 2004

Breadallelogram posted:

I've been listening to early comedy death ray radio and laughing at how different these people were back then. At least they were smart enough to bleep Nick Kroll saying the n word!

They definitely did not bleep it when it originally aired lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RoyKeen
Jul 24, 2007

Grimey Drawer
"Yes, and it's not the n-word you're thinking of..."

kdrudy
Sep 19, 2009

Also, the Randy Snutz show is outstanding, everyone is perfect on it in every episode.

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

kdrudy posted:

Also, the Randy Snutz show is outstanding, everyone is perfect on it in every episode.

Love that the "hit the blunt on the toilet right before calling" guy from the first episode followed up for this one and Randy got caught off guard by another perfectly timed another coughing fit

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
Snutz makes me stressed. But it's also truly fantastic.

Analytic Engine
May 18, 2009

not the analytical engine

Puppy Galaxy posted:

They definitely did not bleep it when it originally aired lol

The tangentially-UCB podcast Struggle Session interviewed Lowtax about Something Awful. It is hosted by extremely online ex-goons, one of whom is AA, and Lowtax dropped a hard R during introductions

mennoknight
Nov 24, 2003

I WILL JUST EAT ONE MORE SANDWICH
OH MY HEAD EXPLORDED I'M JAY FATSTER

Analytic Engine posted:

The tangentially-UCB podcast Struggle Session interviewed Lowtax about Something Awful. It is hosted by extremely online ex-goons, one of whom is AA, and Lowtax dropped a hard R during introductions

whatever happened to that lowtax guy

RestingB1tchFace
Jul 4, 2016

Opinions are like a$$holes....everyone has one....but mines the best!!!

eke out posted:

kulap and suchin is such a good hollywood handbook

Kulap has remarkable chemistry with The Boys....which is why her HH episodes are all great. The one from a few years back where Sean and Hayes are talking about all the other podcasts that they haven't been invited to do that Kalup has been busts up my whole rear end. This episode is no exception. Fantastic. Sean is on absolute fire right from the drop.

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

RestingB1tchFace posted:

Kulap has remarkable chemistry with The Boys....which is why her HH episodes are all great. The one from a few years back where Sean and Hayes are talking about all the other podcasts that they haven't been invited to do that Kalup has been busts up my whole rear end. This episode is no exception. Fantastic. Sean is on absolute fire right from the drop.

yeah they feel very free to immediately act like bratty children around Kulap which makes basically every episode very funny

this is true in general, everyone that the Boys are comfortable enough with to be extremely antagonistic -- julie, tom, ayo, kulap -- make the best eps

limp dick calvin
Sep 1, 2006

Strepitoso. Vedete? Una meraviglia.

Breadallelogram posted:

I've been listening to early comedy death ray radio and laughing at how different these people were back then. At least they were smart enough to bleep Nick Kroll saying the n word!

I guess I get Tony Clifton's "thing" but hoo boy his episode of CBB is rough.

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.

mennoknight posted:

whatever happened to that lowtax guy

I think he fell down the stairs.

Chairman Capone
Dec 17, 2008

Consummate Professional posted:

I guess I get Tony Clifton's "thing" but hoo boy his episode of CBB is rough.

I feel like this has long been considered one of, if not the, worst CBB.

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

I remember the Ed Helms episode that Scott originally didn't release being very boring. Not bad, just super boring.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Chairman Capone posted:

I remember liking the story about Jim Carrey's audition for Man on the Moon, mind.

RestingB1tchFace
Jul 4, 2016

eke out posted:

yeah they feel very free to immediately act like bratty children around Kulap which makes basically every episode very funny

this is true in general, everyone that the Boys are comfortable enough with to be extremely antagonistic -- julie, tom, ayo, kulap -- make the best eps

100%

I love the antagonistic boys. Really makes for fantastic episodes. And speaking of Julie (and Tom).....I finally got around to watching 'Difficult People' on Hulu. Took a couple of episodes to really get into it. But I'm now early in on the third season and kind of bummed that this is it. Super funny. Julie and Billy Eichner are hilarious.

Breadallelogram
Oct 9, 2012

Chairman Capone posted:

Looking forward to it, I haven't listened to that one yet

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.
It's not as bad as Scott made it out to be in the intro. There's a standard CBB celebrity guest interview, and then for all the set up Scott did of "Oh timelines got confused, things fell through, Ed Helms didn't have time to prep a character;" well, Helms has an improv background so...it's not like he can't play when he needs to.

Waterbed Wendy
Jan 29, 2009
Egg* Helms

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
Big Grande's Live On Set is finally up! If you missed it, here's the description:

quote:

In October, 2021, we taped four live comedy specials at the Broadwater theatre in Los Angeles. Every show was on a unique set, in full wardrobe and makeup, but the improvisers had no idea what they were walking into until the lights came up. Basically, we did all the work of a play, without the script.

I'm pumped, I love this kind of theatrical experimentation with improv. First episode for free here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TmbksRNuYYo

Elea
Oct 10, 2012
Found it enjoyable. Can't believe they used to shoot black and white films that way. Might buy them piecemeal depending on people's reviews. 30 bucks for an hour and a half of content is a lot more than I spend on other kinds of media but I've gotten dozens of hours of enjoyment from Big Grande for a pittance before.

Elea fucked around with this message at 23:58 on Apr 28, 2022

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
So far I've watched that movie one and the one with the authors. The movie one is fun in a "watch a good improv set with good set dressing" kind of way, but the authors one is good in a Big Grande way. It definitely has the feel of four guys you'd want to see an ongoing series about week-to-week.

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord
The Flagrant Ones was really fun and funny and nice this week.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Malcolm Excellent posted:

The Flagrant Ones was really fun and funny and nice this week.

gluglugluglu

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
Just an incredible Bonanas for Bonanza episode today. I am wildly uncomfortable.

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.
Joe Walsh is doing a great uhhhhh job at matching ummmmm the uhhhh cadence of the Fat Brands representative [definitely not uhh named ah Dan, Brett didn't miss a bleep] in the reenactment of this call.

RestingB1tchFace
Jul 4, 2016

feedmyleg posted:

Just an incredible Bonanas for Bonanza episode today. I am wildly uncomfortable.

I'm bummed that Bonanas For Bonanza is part of CBB World. I just realized this week that we hit the four year mark (in March) since season two of ADPPP....which was exactly four years after the first season.

limp dick calvin
Sep 1, 2006

feedmyleg posted:

Honestly I think the idea of characters doing a reading of a call transcript has legs.

CatstropheWaitress
Nov 26, 2017

That call had me rolling. They get more bold as it goes on, and I did a literal spit-take at Mutt Taylor's "I own a horse."

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
All time great pro version

cams
Mar 28, 2003

i was worried about the flagrant ones without andy, but kelsey has reminded me how fun it is to have the boys engage with someone who has to deal with them but does not seem to be enjoying the experience.

andy liked it too much

boxcarhobo
Jun 23, 2005

cams posted:

i was worried about the flagrant ones without andy, but kelsey has reminded me how fun it is to have the boys engage with someone who has to deal with them but does not seem to be enjoying the experience.

andy liked it too much

shes also good at the cat herding aspect of dealing with The Boys and having stuff prepared for them to do is nice

still luv u 4evr tho andy

RestingB1tchFace
Jul 4, 2016

cams posted:

andy liked it too much

Andy enjoyed it enough that the boys lost interest in poking fun on his behalf. Always the fun part of a new engineer.

I started a relisten from season one of HH......and it's really incredible how well the show has held up over the span of eight years. Really makes me wish that Sean and Hayes would bring back some of the bits from the earlier years....if only every once in a while. Personally.....I want more stories of how they made the big movies.....like how they worked around Marlon Brando insisting on wearing a Groucho mask during the filming of 'The Godfather'. I'd also like to hear them intentionally screw up names of actors and shows/movies more.

rollick
Mar 20, 2009
Lauren really wanted that game to work during this week's Threedom. She was pushing for it three episodes in a row. I felt genuine pity when it died a death. I think it's the kind of thing that doesn't work well when the players keep injecting jokes into it.

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

I came here to chew bubblegum and quote 'They Live', and I'm... at an impasse.
I like how Threedom has 3 different types of games: improv with a gimmick, improvise & guess, and endless questions to arrive an obscure answer.

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.
And Christmas Find Out Who Game.

Waterbed Wendy
Jan 29, 2009

SpacePig posted:

And Christmas Find Out Who Game.

Christmas find out who game?

CHRISTMAS FIND OUT WHO GAME!!!!!!!

limp dick calvin
Sep 1, 2006

Pretty bummed theirs no Colorado stops. Seriously considering visiting somewhere for a day to catch a show.

Dr Kool-AIDS
Mar 26, 2004

I assume it's because Florida doesn't have one giant city to visit and they don't want to tour the state, but it sucks that they're doing yet another tour where they're not visiting Florida.

Riptor
Apr 13, 2003

here's to feelin' good all the time

Dr Kool-AIDS posted:

I assume it's because Florida doesn't have one giant city to visit and they don't want to tour the state, but it sucks that they're doing yet another tour where they're not visiting Florida.

cumberbatch county

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Dr Kool-AIDS posted:

Yeah I kneeeeew we weren't going to make the list, but I still held on to a little bit of hope. I'd have loved to have seen it in the newly renovated theatre near me, but alas it's not to be.