Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ram dass in hell
Dec 29, 2019

:420::toot::420:

Shear Modulus posted:

apropos of nothing i'd like to recommend this video to you

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=faOUDoRmK_E

be careful op, the guy who made this video was violently murdered for exposing the truth

https://i.imgur.com/ikiuNA3.mp4
https://i.imgur.com/ZCFLIBC.mp4https://i.imgur.com/MH57dWX.mp4
https://i.imgur.com/fsVWV4A.mp4

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

animist
Aug 28, 2018
nice sig lmao

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

BIG-DICK-BUTT-gently caress posted:

i can believe that it was planned but how do you get OBL and the saudis to play along? all of the parties involved would need to coordinate heavily

the saudis became a leading part of the international deep state when they had kashogi buy the safari lodge in kenya that would serve as its hq following ghw bush's reorg of the cia and subsequent off shoring of the nastiest parts of the org to a saudi led network of killers that stretched across asia and africa all funded through the laundering of the massive pakistan based bank of credit and commerce intl.

Johnny Cache Hit
Oct 17, 2011

Shear Modulus posted:

every time this is posted I watch it while smiling like a maniac

Endman
May 18, 2010

That is not dead which can eternal lie, And with strange aeons even anime may die

That sig is a loving work of art

cagliostr0
Jun 8, 2020

Johnny Cache Hit posted:

That video is magical because non-pilled people start watching and think it's hilarious then gradually realise it's all true and stare in horror.

Wraith of J.O.I.
Jan 25, 2012

Shear Modulus posted:

drat i no longer need chapo to finish their poppy series

a few DRUNK BONERS
Mar 25, 2016

now we have China Eastern Airlines Flight 5735 which everyone has forgotten about already but also crashed for seemingly no reason

ram dass in hell
Dec 29, 2019

:420::toot::420:

Endman posted:

That sig is a loving work of art

thank u, i can take credit for curation, but the gif work is largely the work of cspam's Crusader, who rules at gif art and i think like astronomy?? maybe some other things too. talented poster.

my bony fealty
Oct 1, 2008

Johnny Cache Hit posted:

it's the only video I ever pull up when hanging out with friends and family and youtube is on. I recommend you do the same.

Frosted Flake
Sep 13, 2011

Semper Shitpost Ubique

Shear Modulus posted:

"suicidal ideation" is the clinical term for this planning and fantasizing process and asking someone if they've ever experienced it is a central part of a depression and suicide screening and triage process. but you should know this

Boy do I! Being asked about it is a regular part of going through Veterans Affairs stuff. Which I understand as you said,

The military suicides I was around were preceded by doing things like handling their sidearms more often, like cleaning them in their rooms at night. The ones that were averted came from reporting that sort of thing.

I suppose I meant more the distinction between killing yourself quietly and killing hundreds of people. Pilots can’t check themselves out for training flights or something?

I forget the psychology, but suicidal men do that Family Annihilator thing, is there a specific mechanism there that we could look for? I suppose what I’m asking is, are the traits and warning signs of Murder-Suicide present in this case?

Frosted Flake has issued a correction as of 04:10 on May 11, 2022

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
https://twitter.com/debdrens/status/1524162472436981763

Futanari Damacy
Oct 30, 2021

by sebmojo

animist posted:

nice sig lmao

lol at having sigs on tbh

bedpan
Apr 23, 2008

Futanari Damacy posted:

lol at having avs on tbh

Futanari Damacy
Oct 30, 2021

by sebmojo

This is one of my favs tbh. Love all iterations of Buc-ee; he is looking towards a new dawn with a sense of wondrous optimism

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

Futanari Damacy posted:

This is one of my favs tbh. Love all iterations of Buc-ee; he is looking towards a new dawn with a sense of wondrous optimism
Thank you i hope to bring that out in others

Azathoth
Apr 3, 2001

Frosted Flake posted:

Wrt pilot suicides, why not step in front of a bus or whatever? Now, I understand some people want a spectacular suicide, but how does that square with elaborately giving everyone hypoxia and quietly crashing into the emptiest part of the ocean, as opposed to downtown Kuala Lumpur?

I guess I’m confused about the contradiction in taking everyone down with you - quietly.

Okay, so I'm gonna spoiler this just in case because of suicide talk:

It's important to remember a couple things. First, depression can come with a high degree of general anger and misanthropy. Since we don't even know for sure who was at the controls, it's even harder than normal to speculate, but it could be some festering anger at passengers accompanied his depression, it could be just a general hatred of the world, or it could just be that he didn't care about people at all and didn't really think about them. Lotta people don't really think of other people as people. Just look at people who abuse service workers for no reason.

Second, suicides often want to mask that they committed suicide at all. There's a lot of motivations for this, sometimes financial sometimes shame. It's clear that whatever the motivation, the person at the controls went to great lengths to avoid being detected in the moment, and to obscure his motivation even if the plane's CVR would be found. If he just wanted to kill himself and didn't care if people knew it, you bring up quicker and easier ways, but as this very conversation proves, we can't even say for sure it was a suicide, and even if we think it was, we don't know for sure who was at the controls.

War and Pieces
Apr 24, 2022

DID NOT VOTE FOR FETTERMAN
If someone is suicidal bc of work then workplace suicide makes sense, in this guy's case his workplace happens to be an airplane

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT
https://twitter.com/maxfras/status/1524393661433274368

I feel like I been saying this but just lol it's straight from the Russian MoD now.

There are tragic assholes on life who feel "better" taking someone with them because it will make them "cared about".

Also there are pilots who think they could get away with fraud (some death benefits don't transfer with suicide) or hurt their airlines reputation so it's not really useful to speculate on without more context.

MH370 I thought was pretty conclusively suicide as demonstrated by the strikingly similar flight path on MS Flight Sim being on the pilots home computer but I guess that's not convincing?

It's a loving weird route to plan, dude was sus.

Wasabi the J has issued a correction as of 16:10 on May 11, 2022

cagliostr0
Jun 8, 2020

Wasabi the J posted:

https://twitter.com/maxfras/status/1524393661433274368

I feel like I been saying this but just lol it's straight from the Russian MoD now.

There are tragic assholes on life who feel "better" taking someone with them because it will make them "cared about".

Given what's in the public domain relating to ecohealth alliance nothing in that infographic looks obviously wrong.

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT
Yeah except who was president in 2005??

Literally only democrats listed but let's look the other way on orgs like the NRA being fully compromised by Russia and synergizing with Infowars and Rogan to spread misinformation about vaccines and prop up scam money.

Wasabi the J has issued a correction as of 16:13 on May 11, 2022

cagliostr0
Jun 8, 2020

Wasabi the J posted:

Yeah except who was president in 2005??

Literally only democrats listed but let's look the other way on orgs like the NRA being fully compromised by Russia and synergizing with Infowars and Rogan to spread misinformation about vaccines and prop up scam money.

Next time Google before trying a gotcha

https://www.washingtonpost.com/archive/politics/2005/08/30/us-to-aid-ukraine-in-countering-bioweapons/72059ed1-90ca-4381-ac6f-10f4e205f09e/

Private Cumshoe
Feb 15, 2019

AAAAAAAGAGHAAHGGAH

cagliostr0 posted:

Given what's in the public domain relating to ecohealth alliance nothing in that infographic looks obviously wrong.

Not surprising because I have no idea what it's trying to even say

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT
Yes they upped the security at a formerly Soviet biolab. IDK what that refutes? Other than "these officials worked on this legislature," which was their job??

Ukraine had their orange revolution and started trying to liberalize and work with the west more, but Russian assets still had influence at all levels of Ukrainian government.

Wasabi the J has issued a correction as of 16:27 on May 11, 2022

Centrist Committee
Aug 6, 2019
I have that stupid kitty history jingle stuck in my head now. is this havana syndrome?

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
Russian MoD go on Trueanon

Laterite
Mar 14, 2007

It's Gutfest '89
Grimey Drawer
bellingkitty history

multistability
Feb 15, 2014
https://twitter.com/BillyBostickson/status/1514631744666087424?t=HbXuUr-5MolAq1oK_PGKJA&s=19

Deece (if weird and difficult to verify) thread on the Ukrainian biolabs from someone I generally trust. Yes, it includes Hunter Biden! Pretty awesome how all you have to do is shitcoat something with QAnon stuff and libs' brains automatically shut off. What an amazingly effective op lol

Driftingmouse
May 26, 2021

by Fritz the Horse
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-10805997/amp/Bill-Clintons-special-advisor-let-Jeffrey-Epstein-White-House-dies-59

Driftingmouse has issued a correction as of 22:23 on May 11, 2022

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

motherfucker are you trying to hotlink a pol image for real

Endman
May 18, 2010

That is not dead which can eternal lie, And with strange aeons even anime may die

COVID-19 was known to exist in 2019, hence the “19”, and was being studied by scientists who were warning governments that it could blow up well before it did. Pretending that US Bio research campuses studying it before the outbreak proves some big conspiracy is daft.

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
finally i have been convinced. now what to do about it?

nothing! HAWHAWHAW

Driftingmouse
May 26, 2021

by Fritz the Horse

Has anyone noticed this???

multistability
Feb 15, 2014

Endman posted:

COVID-19 was known to exist in 2019, hence the “19”, and was being studied by scientists who were warning governments that it could blow up well before it did. Pretending that US Bio research campuses studying it before the outbreak proves some big conspiracy is daft.

Which scientists were warning governments that it was known to exist any earlier than, say, mid- to late-December 2019? If it was known to exist earlier than what the "official narrative" tells us, why weren't we told? Isn't that by definition a cover up?

multistability
Feb 15, 2014

Driftingmouse posted:

:eyepop:

multistability
Feb 15, 2014

Endman posted:

Let me get this straight. You're saying the US Department of Defence knowing about the existence of covid-19 at least a few months before the vast majority of other people in the world isn't anything to worry about... because?

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Driftingmouse posted:

if only he had locked her up

Source4Leko
Jul 25, 2007

Dinosaur Gum
About the only thing that makes that not suspicious is if in prior years there are mentions of COVID-18, COVID-17, etc. If it was ongoing research into respiratory viruses thats about the only thing to me that would explain that name appearing at that date. Would be pretty easy to check too, see what the labs were being given money to study in prior years. Otherwise,
Lol
Lmao
Lol

multistability
Feb 15, 2014

Endman posted:

Sorry I need to come back to this. Of course coronaviruses were well known about (SARS is a type of coronavirus for example), and being actively studied at the time of the covid-19 outbreak; like, a gently caress load of people argue that the research being done on SARS-like coronaviruses (eg gain of function experiments including the 2018 DARPA Defuse proposal to insert furin cleavage sites into SARS-like coronaviruses) was the very thing that could have plausibly lead to the covid-19 pandemic. But the virus that caused the covid-19 pandemic (SARS-CoV-2) wasn't known about before the outbreak started, at least according to official story, almost by definiton. So why the gently caress did the DoD apparently know about it?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mameluke
Aug 2, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

multistability posted:

Let me get this straight. You're saying the US Department of Defence knowing about the existence of covid-19 at least a few months before the vast majority of other people in the world isn't anything to worry about... because?

because most people have their heads in the sand, especially when it comes to impending bad news

these forums were discussing covid from december 2019, three months before anyone in the western mainstream and four before things actually began to be affected in north america