Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

Elden loving Ring has come and gone in the time since this was announced, and that game felt like it would never see the light of day at one point.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jigsaw
Aug 14, 2008
real Duke Nukem Forever vibes ITT

Cactus
Jun 24, 2006

Didn't one of them say recently that it was nowhere near done? Basically, anyway. I seem to remember being satisfied that I could forget about this game again for a long while.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
No, they said “we’re working on it, it’s done when it’s done”

There are 3 of them, and one of them has to draw the entire video game… with his hands. It’s ok that it’s taking a while

Martman
Nov 20, 2006

Weird how it's the same poster pretending they said that.

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011
They told me that they'd finish it up today and put it on Steam by tomorrow

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames

Martman posted:

Weird how it's the same poster pretending they said that.

Here is their patreon page: https://www.teamcherry.com.au/blog/hollow-knight-silksong-revealed

And in February they posted this

“Team Cherry” posted:

Almost from the very start, Hornet’s adventure was intended to take place in a new land, but as we dove in, it quickly became too large and too unique to stay a DLC, as initially planned. We do know that makes the wait a little longer, but we think the final, fresh world you’ll get to explore is worth it.

Hollow Knight: Silksong will be available, at launch, on Windows, Mac, Linux & Nintendo Switch. More platforms may happen! Just remember, we’re 3 people, already working rather hard, so we haven’t committed to anything else just yet. We don’t wanna collapse before we get this massive bug kingdom ready for you.

I really don’t know how else to interpret that besides “we’re working on it, it’s done when it’s done”

Martman
Nov 20, 2006

No I meant Cactus, the person who has been melting down for 3 years straight about this game. Around that time Team Cherry also said they were excited to share more info when it was "closer to release" and that turned into "the game isn't even close to done"

Martman fucked around with this message at 22:17 on May 10, 2022

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
if I were Team Cherry i would simply hire another developer

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
Sorry everyone I was at team cherrys office for a holiday party and I spilled wine on all of the development computers and the backup server destroying three years of work

Bogart
Apr 12, 2010

by VideoGames
Vaporwave shitshoe.

Cactus
Jun 24, 2006

Melting down lol. They said they'd have more to say when it was close to being finished. That means it isn't close, which I was just happy to have some confirmation of. That's it.

Martman
Nov 20, 2006

Cactus posted:

Melting down lol. They said they'd have more to say when it was close to being finished. That means it isn't close, which I was just happy to have some confirmation of. That's it.
No, they said "closer."

Bleck
Jan 7, 2014

No matter how one loves, there are always different aims. Love can take a great many forms, whatever the era.
Team Cherry operates on Hawaii Time.

Cactus
Jun 24, 2006

I'm saviong the melting down for when the game gets its release date. I'll be non-functional that day :catdrugs:

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

well it's been three years of them panicking and they still haven't shown anything. sounds like it wasn't close

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
Do you suppose they’re still just living off the Steam sales of Hollow Knight?

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
Everyone is going to look very silly when Silksong is announced, tomorrow, for sure

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
I demand keyloggers and 24/7 webcams over each developers shoulder. I want to see and be able to monitor that they are working because at some point in the future, unless the game gets absolutely roasted by reviewers, I will shell out the $40 or so it will cost so at that point my money is paying for the work they are doing now. By this logic, I am entitled to constant updates while the game is being made. Thank you drive thru.

The Zombie Guy
Oct 25, 2008

Waltzing Along posted:

I demand keyloggers and 24/7 webcams over each developers shoulder. I want to see and be able to monitor that they are working because at some point in the future, unless the game gets absolutely roasted by reviewers, I will shell out the $40 or so it will cost so at that point my money is paying for the work they are doing now. By this logic, I am entitled to constant updates while the game is being made. Thank you drive thru.

Uhh, but I haven't given you my order yet. Can I get a small Frosty, please?

Cicero
Dec 17, 2003

Jumpjet, melta, jumpjet. Repeat for ten minutes or until victory is assured.

Cartoon Man posted:

What is party animals? Some kinda furry hentai game?
It's Gang Beasts, Furry Edition

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?

Feels Villeneuve posted:

Everyone is going to look very silly when Silksong is announced, tomorrow, for sure

It won't happen!!!
(I'm trying to use reverse psychology on the universe shhh)

JordanKai
Aug 19, 2011

Get high and think of me.

Feels Villeneuve posted:

I am going to look very cool because I will be playing it after the surprise release.

jeeves
May 27, 2001

Deranged Psychopathic
Butler Extraordinaire
Their first game was such a smash hit that they could probably just sit back and spend an hour a day tops on working on a sequel and still make good income off of sales.

It’s not like they need to stay current with some modern 3D engine and if they fall behind too long on making the sequel that they’ll need to redo the whole game to a new engine or something. Same with like console generations or such.

Skrill.exe
Oct 3, 2007

"Bitcoin is a new financial concept entirely without precedent."
I shouldn’t be mentioning this because it was told to me in confidence but I’m friends with a friend of Team Cherry’s and apparently the issues are mostly financial. Some years back they hired a seemingly sound investment manager. Once they had given her control over their assets she skipped town and left a flimsy plywood facade. Really tragic to see that happen to such a promising developer.

Pennfalath
Sep 10, 2011

Why are these teenagers not at home studying their Latin vocabulary?

Skrill.exe posted:

I shouldn’t be mentioning this because it was told to me in confidence but I’m friends with a friend of Team Cherry’s and apparently the issues are mostly financial. Some years back they hired a seemingly sound investment manager. Once they had given her control over their assets she skipped town and left a flimsy plywood facade. Really tragic to see that happen to such a promising developer.

Well, they should try to feel better by visiting a bathhouse or hot springs or something.

Martman
Nov 20, 2006

https://www.thegamer.com/team-cherry-hollow-knight-silksong-news-update/

quote:

Team Cherry Says That It "Can't Be Too Much Longer" Until Hollow Knight: Silksong News

Ristolaz
Sep 29, 2005

By completely blowing off my BS you have passed the first trial
That feel when news about Silksong news

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

All I see is when asked about the silksong release date, Team Cherry said and I quote “Much Longer.”

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
I just see Can’t

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
lmao king poo poo

Mazerunner
Apr 22, 2010

Good Hunter, what... what is this post?
everytime someone asks when silksong they take the rest of the day off

Foglet
Jun 17, 2014

Reality is an illusion.
The universe is a hologram.
Buy gold.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
“We’d have to be assholes to keep quiet this long.” -Team Cherry, suppressing a mirthful giggle

ymgve
Jan 2, 2004

:dukedog:
Offensive Clock
There will soon be an announcement.

That they are now Epic Exclusive.

ColdPie
Jun 9, 2006

All the activity in this thread is making me want to play Hollow Knight again

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

ColdPie posted:

All the activity in this thread is making me want to play Hollow Knight again

Why in the hell did you ever stop?

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
I got a switch OLED and hk looks so illegally good on that screen

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

What will come out first, Silksong or Metroid Prime 4?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Scrub-Niggurath posted:

What will come out first, Silksong or Metroid Prime 4?

The sequel to The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild.