Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hello Sailor
May 3, 2006

we're all mad here

Shinjobi posted:

HEY IM READY TO BUY THE DIP SOMEONE HELP ME INJECT AN NFT INTO MY DNA

I don't know about that, but you can have a NFT child with Madonna. Current options include:
1. ?
2. ?
3. centipedes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸
Bitcoin just dipped below 29,000 everywhere and now a whole bunch of definitely organic growth kicked in to shoot it back up to 29,500 and then back down to sub-29,100 again over 5 minutes. It was beautiful to watch.

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

Satanically Summoned Citrus

Splicer posted:

Bitcoin just dipped below 29,000 everywhere and now a whole bunch of definitely organic growth kicked in to shoot it back up to 29,500 and then back down to sub-29,100 again over 5 minutes. It was beautiful to watch.

It really does feel like a trying to bail water on the Titanic moment.

Strong Sauce
Jul 2, 2003

You know I am not really your father.

Splicer posted:

I was very poorly asking you to link me a site. I've been out of the price watching game for a while so I couldn't think of anywhere that showed buys/sells as opposed to just contextless "current price of bitcoin" tickers. Thanks for linking me a site!

e: Someone might correct me but I think those are buywalls. Someone(s) has put big orders in at those prices.

ah after staring at it for a while i think you're right. the walls in green are basically saying if it gets to here someone is buying up a whole bunch of bitcoin and it'll take a bigger selloff of bitcoin for it to climb the wall. so i indeed was reading it backwards.

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

Zil posted:

It really does feel like a trying to bail water on the Titanic moment.
It happened again!

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

I know people that got in when bitcoin was in the triple digits so hopefully they got out some time ago and by got out I mean didn't cash out and go fully into other crypto ventures

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XQixwoQGZbg

Cyrano4747
Sep 25, 2006

Yes, I know I'm old, get off my fucking lawn so I can yell at these clouds.

The more interesting thign to me is the trade volume. If you look at it across six months there is an INSANE spike in volume in the last week or so.

My guess is the tether printer propping up the price while the more connected investors head for the door.

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day
Seems like a large increase in transactions, thought they were going to hlod

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

Strong Sauce posted:

ah after staring at it for a while i think you're right. the walls in green are basically saying if it gets to here someone is buying up a whole bunch of bitcoin and it'll take a bigger selloff of bitcoin for it to climb the wall. so i indeed was reading it backwards.
The buywalls are comedy in themselves because you'll often see the price just about hit them then they evaporate immediately because they were fake buywalls put in by the exchanges to prop up confidence. Just watched a giant buywall at 29,000 ~mysteriously vanish~ on coinbase just as the price hit it.

Blotto_Otter
Aug 16, 2013

too early to post its_happening.gif IMO, but you can hear the creaking and groaning sounds coming off that graph

Strong Sauce posted:

that's what it says in theory. always worth keeping in mind that that data is only as good as the exchanges that provide it, and all of those exchanges are shady and unregulated, and some have been caught in the past fluffing up their volumes with wash trades or posting bogus orders on the order book that vanish once the price gets too close.

mdxi
Mar 13, 2006

to JERK OFF is to be close to GOD... only with SPURTING

Comment on the Luna page on coinmarketcap.com:

It's trying!

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

Jose Valasquez posted:

It's sad that regular stupid people are losing money they can't afford to lose, but

Rad Russian
Aug 15, 2007

Soviet Power Supreme!

Mercury_Storm posted:

lol at using the words "crypto" and "portfolio" in the same sentence

hopefully it can go back it it's one purpose of buying drugs... and I guess north korean ransomware

Excuse me? That means you're just not diversifying your life savings correctly between various levels of coins. The majority of life savings should go into the low-risk coins.

Rad Russian fucked around with this message at 21:53 on May 11, 2022

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.
Ah yes the incredibly stable BTC, only down 25% in the week.

wilderthanmild
Jun 21, 2010

Posting shit

Grimey Drawer
Ah yes, the capstone of any portfolio "Gambling".

graventy
Jul 28, 2006

Fun Shoe

Hello Sailor posted:

I don't know about that, but you can have a NFT child with Madonna. Current options include:
1. ?
2. ?
3. centipedes

Wow I see someone didn't visit the website!

1. A tree.
2. Butterflies

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
I've just spoken to James Bitcoin, and things are looking grim, guys. Let's just say there might not be any cashiers to redeem your coupons tomorrow.

hobbez
Mar 1, 2012

Don't care. Just do not care. We win, you lose. You do though, you seem to care very much

I'm going to go ride my mountain bike, later nerds.
Down, oh yes down, down deeepeerrrrr

Flip Yr Wig
Feb 21, 2007

Oh please do go on
Fun Shoe

Rad Russian posted:

Excuse me? That means you're just not diversifying your life savings correctly between various levels of coins. The majority of life savings should go into the low-risk coins.

In this context, I will assume gambling is meant literally, as in your FanDuels account.

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day

Rad Russian posted:

hrm yes, I'm gonna start my finance presentation by stating that I spend 20 percent of my savings on gambling, as an investment. Then we get to crypto investments...

greazeball
Feb 4, 2003

wilderthanmild posted:

Ah yes, the capstone of any portfolio "Gambling".

Kurt Cobain was a notoriously bullish investor

Rad Russian
Aug 15, 2007

Soviet Power Supreme!

LifeSunDeath posted:

hrm yes, I'm gonna start my finance presentation by stating that I spend 20 percent of my savings on gambling, as an investment. Then we get to crypto investments...

Would a more professional graph from Insider Pro help you invest your life savings today? BTC is low-risk FYI.

Hyrax Attack!
Jan 13, 2009

We demand to be taken seriously

I wonder which major exchange will be the first to stop responding to emails and run for the hills. I think we’ll be pleasantly surprised.

Tiax Rules All
Jul 22, 2007
You are but the grease for the wheels of his rule.
Shot:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jYLPzvTjtnA

Chaser:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zLkXJeWFWr0

deep dish peat moss
Jul 27, 2006

I think the problem is Gig Economy apps got all the taxi drivers Online and now Online is full of taxi driver investment advice

Find me one person in a crypto vid who doesn't look like they drive for Uber

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

sorry I only accept investment advice from dudes who shot themselves in the head and understand graphic design

prom candy
Dec 16, 2005

Only I may dance
Here's how I manage my retirement portfolio:

5%: Very high risk gambling, including single number roulette bets

15%: High risk high reward gambling, such as high value sports gambling prop bets

30%: Medium risk, medium reward gambling, such as single game sports betting, poker, and slots

50%: Low risk, low reward gambling, such as blackjack and dog racing

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.
I favour a pachinko heavy portfolio

greazeball
Feb 4, 2003

"But again, if the money runs out... it's no problem"

Hammerite
Mar 9, 2007

And you don't remember what I said here, either, but it was pompous and stupid.
Jade Ear Joe
butts are struggling to stay above 28.5k. just watching this ticker and it plummeted from 28600 to 28300 in a few seconds, now it's back up a bit

deep dish peat moss
Jul 27, 2006

I'm willing to bet that bitcoin will never "die" unless strict regulation kills it. The crypto grift has been a literal money printer for organized wealth for quite a while. The only thing they'd have to do to 'save' it is wait for the price to bottom out, then buy it all up and amplify a few stories about some random kid in ecuador or whatever that "bought the dip" and is now a mega-millionaire. The train would start rolling again and cryptobros would be back at it. In fact a lower price is probably better for a theoretical entity orchestrating this because it means more joe schmoes will buy into it - after all, a bitcoin used to be $70,000 and now it's $3,500 so you better buy it before it goes back up!! "The price always goes back up" is deeply embedded in their weird culture and anyone who lost money in the current crash will be told that they didn't lose money because bitcoin is a bad investment, but because they sold during "a dip".

deep dish peat moss fucked around with this message at 22:22 on May 11, 2022

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

I honestly I have no idea who cannibal[SIC] is and I do not know why I should know.

syq dude, just syq!

priznat posted:

I favour a pachinko heavy portfolio

Remember that you can diversify up to 5% of your portfolio into the fireplace. And 15% into leaving an unattended bin on a public street that says "please give more than you take"

Avynte
Jun 30, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Luxury Tent Carpet posted:

I warned you bro

lol

nnnotime
Sep 30, 2001

Hesitate, and you will be lost.
Perhaps this isn't the cryptocolypse well all needed, but it's indeed the cryptocolypse we all deserved.

Elman
Oct 26, 2009

Rad Russian posted:

Would a more professional graph from Insider Pro help you invest your life savings today? BTC is low-risk FYI.

Making this graph pyramid-shaped is just :discourse:

greazeball
Feb 4, 2003

this is an incredible voyage into the mind of a man who just can't imagine having been swindled

his revelations:

It's the biggest black swan event since lehman brothers! And if this isn't the most stable, rational and trustable system for managing number go up, they why do literally all the other number go up boys use the same system, huh? Very Smart People did the research!

lmao Here's an extremely detailed conspiracy that I talked about earlier but yaknow, it's not confirmed. Plus it's not actually illegal, so can you even really be mad? It's just the circle of fraud the markets until the regulators show up. Now a message from my sponsor, get the best price for all your crypto trades at FTX hahaha

Hammerite
Mar 9, 2007

And you don't remember what I said here, either, but it was pompous and stupid.
Jade Ear Joe
27857 :toot:

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Lol tokenomics

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

i asked this earlier in the thread but what's our prediction on the magic number bitcoin has to hit before they actually, honest-to-goodness, can't start paying out to their ponzi marks and the real collapse begins from which they can't recover? 20k?