Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fanatic
Mar 9, 2006

:eyepop:

veni veni veni posted:

It always says my password is wrong. I 100% used the right password and even reset it multiple times now and I'm using it on everything MS but xbox live. I called support and tried online and according to MS my issue does not warrant talking to a real person or even getting a chat window. Their phone customer service is just some worthless offer to send a text to the link that didn't help me in the first place. I cannot log in to it on Xbox, PC anything...And their customer service is just like, non existent. I don't even know if it's a broader issue or just related to my account have no way to find out. Like, I pay for this goddamn service and they cant even let me talk to a real person?!

Set the Console in Network Settings to Offline, wait some minutes, restart the Xbox and set it back to Online.

Edit: Actually not sure if this works for password problems but apparently it may fix the other Live problems people are having.

Fanatic fucked around with this message at 01:34 on May 11, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

They used to call me tricky-kid, I lived the life they wish they did.

veni veni veni posted:

It always says my password is wrong. I 100% used the right password and even reset it multiple times now and I'm using it on everything MS but xbox live. I called support and tried online and according to MS my issue does not warrant talking to a real person or even getting a chat window. Their phone customer service is just some worthless offer to send a text to the link that didn't help me in the first place. I cannot log in to it on Xbox, PC anything...And their customer service is just like, non existent. I don't even know if it's a broader issue or just related to my account have no way to find out. Like, I pay for this goddamn service and they cant even let me talk to a real person?!

So this happened to me and my 2step verification. I had to go to their site and get account recovery. I'm locked out of my main gamertag for 30 days (May 26). Xbox can't go online for that time, and Microsoft is supposed to email me on the 26th with a solution.

I tried way too many times to figure out my password, I had just changed it when I moved and didnt write it down, so it stopped letting me try to sign in. Mind you, before I initiated this process I could still play the games on my Old One X. I'm trying to get mine account onto my Series X, which has a burner GP account now

Beastie fucked around with this message at 01:35 on May 11, 2022

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Checked out trek to yomi. I was super hype through the first ten mins but then you get to the combat and its just meh with enemies waiting to take hopeless swings at the parry/repost machine. Like they had to make it harder with an insane rotate the stick 180 degrees and hit a button to turn around in 2d mechanic that im not here for.
Felt really half baked and like they tried to paper over flaws with flashy style but you gotta feel great to play in this genre imo and this dont

hanyolo
Jul 18, 2013
I am an employee of the Microsoft Gaming Division and they pay me to defend the Xbox One on the Something Awful Forums
I'd hold off on Citizen Sleeper, too at least on console anyway. I've run into 2 bugs which are pretty much gamebreaking (repeatable actions being locked out for no reason, which give components I need to finish some drives). I'm sure you don't need to complete everything but it certainly makes for a frustrating experience.

joylessdivision posted:

My dude the game was just bad, the difficulty wasn't really the problem. It was the genius game design idea of putting a story mission across the map with no way to get to it besides walking which whoops, there's a whole group of overlevel enemies just hanging out between you and the mission.

Ironically when elden ring does this its GoTY game design!!

hanyolo fucked around with this message at 02:49 on May 11, 2022

Barudak
May 7, 2007

I mean Elden Ring has a functional fast travel system instead of whatever the gently caress the Ascent thinks its doing

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

American McGay posted:

You should play BLACK on Game Pass, the last good single player FPS ever made.

I really liked that game but I'm not sure I would have as much fun without being able to use the built in custom soundtrack feature. I know I can just mute the music and play Spotify, but it's just not the same. Soundtrack customization was one of my favorite features of that generation; you could get absurdly specific in NFL 2K5, and the Xbox versions of the GTA trilogy were the superior versions at least partly because of the "tape deck."

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

hanyolo posted:

I'd hold off on Citizen Sleeper, too at least on console anyway. I've run into 2 bugs which are pretty much gamebreaking (repeatable actions being locked out for no reason, which give components I need to finish some drives). I'm sure you don't need to complete everything but it certainly makes for a frustrating experience.

Out of curiousity, in spoilers probably, what things?

I've completed almost everything at this point and haven't run into any problems yet.

hanyolo
Jul 18, 2013
I am an employee of the Microsoft Gaming Division and they pay me to defend the Xbox One on the Something Awful Forums
Big one is that I can't buy a shipmind fragment from the merchant freighter after it returned, flicks from good to action unavailable even with no limited supply bars, no option to haggle either

CV 64 Fan
Oct 13, 2012

It's pretty dope.
BLACK has one of the clearest quality declines I can think of. Literally every level is worst than the last. The opening level is dope tho...

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Disposable Scud posted:

BLACK has one of the clearest quality declines I can think of. Literally every level is worst than the last. The opening level is dope tho...

The final level is the nexus point of brown and bad shooter levels. From there all sin escaped

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

gently caress you WB, release Injustice 3.

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004

hatty posted:

Then why’d they put the 50hz versions of the games on there? It makes no sense now
Probably so they could have versions of the games with French language support, so they could sell in Quebec.

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
The Ascent was really fun and cool looking and I have zero idea why people were having all these problems with level 100 enemies just go a different way my man

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

GOOD TIMES ON METH posted:

The Ascent was really fun and cool looking and I have zero idea why people were having all these problems with level 100 enemies just go a different way my man

I enjoyed it for a few hours but the gameplay isnt great

webmeister
Jan 31, 2007

The answer is, mate, because I want to do you slowly. There has to be a bit of sport in this for all of us. In the psychological battle stakes, we are stripped down and ready to go. I want to see those ashen-faced performances; I want more of them. I want to be encouraged. I want to see you squirm.

GOOD TIMES ON METH posted:

I did go a different way, I uninstalled it and played something better

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
What did you play?

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

I finished the Ascent, I thought it was a good game, but not a title i'll bother to return to.

Lammasu
May 8, 2019

lawful Good Monster
Aren't there more members of Slipknot than playable Smite characters?
[video type=""]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2b9NA4VoOv8

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

surprisingly they got all 9 members in the game. They are not new characters though is my understanding, but skins for other characters.

Cool Post Beg
Mar 6, 2008

DADDY MAGIC
I was ready to get fired up if they didnt have a beer keg attack and it was the first one shown, they know their demo

Minidust
Nov 4, 2009

Keep bustin'

Zat posted:

No. Xbox One and Series X/S controllers are interchangeable, but 360 and earlier controllers don't work with newer Xboxes.
Ah ok that makes sense, considering how seamless One->Series stuff typically works. Thanks!

Speaking of 360 throwbacks, I've had an itch for the original Dead Rising. I see the slight remaster they did for Xbox One is on sale, how does that perform on the Series X? I've found info about improvements over the orginal, or from One to One X, but I haven't seen much about Series X performance specifically.

And from what I've read there were a lot of framerate problems at launch, no idea if they've been fixed since then (or possibly rendered a non-issue on the X)

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

Ask me about Game Pass: the Best Deal in Gaming!
Anyone else having issues with flight sim. Just started happening this week. The world map will freeze a bunch and sometimes crash.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

Lammasu posted:

Aren't there more members of Slipknot than playable Smite characters?
[video type=""]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2b9NA4VoOv8

If they're going to start adding Ska bands, why Slipknot first?

acksplode
May 17, 2004

I'm 5 chapters into GotG and enjoying it, probably gonna see it through to the end. It's very easy on the eyes, and the writing is pretty decent. The game got a genuine laugh out of me when Rocket gave me poo poo at length for taking yet another dead-end side path to some minor loot. Fundamentally it's a standard linear AAA third-person action game, but it's very well made and after Elden Ring it's hitting right. It's been nice to give my brain a break and coast through some linear level design.

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

acksplode posted:

I'm 5 chapters into GotG and enjoying it, probably gonna see it through to the end. It's very easy on the eyes, and the writing is pretty decent. The game got a genuine laugh out of me when Rocket gave me poo poo at length for taking yet another dead-end side path to some minor loot. Fundamentally it's a standard linear AAA third-person action game, but it's very well made and after Elden Ring it's hitting right. It's been nice to give my brain a break and coast through some linear level design.

I'm about at the same place and I like it. The tip here of having the combat stop when picking a skill really helped. It kinds reminds me of The Gunk except with harder combat. I like the writing and like you mentioned it alsodoes a really good job connecting it to whatever you're doing.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.
It's funny because I went from "man this peter quill is different I don't know if I like it" to "I like this peter quill way better than the movies one!" by the time I was about halfway through the game

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
I went "Holy poo poo there is a lot of talking in this game" to "holy poo poo there is too much talking in this game"

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

Disposable Scud posted:

I love the weird rear end exclusives. Maximum Chase is wild. Spikeout was a great beatemup.

i missed this post about XBOX exclusives but the weirdest XBOX exclusive was Breakdown, which was a first-person beat-em-up by Namco which was like if you asked a Japanese developer in 2003 to make an FPS and the only FPS you gave them to study was Jurassic Park Trespasser

CV 64 Fan
Oct 13, 2012

It's pretty dope.

Feels Villeneuve posted:

i missed this post about XBOX exclusives but the weirdest XBOX exclusive was Breakdown, which was a first-person beat-em-up by Namco which was like if you asked a Japanese developer in 2003 to make an FPS and the only FPS you gave them to study was Jurassic Park Trespasser

It owns. It's on BC too so I replayed it in 4K. It's jank that speaks to me.

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

Feels Villeneuve posted:

I went "Holy poo poo there is a lot of talking in this game" to "holy poo poo there is too much talking in this game"

I like that there's SO much I don't feel bad skipping it. Everyone's being interrupted by whatever event happens next and it adds to the frenetic pace imo.

acksplode
May 17, 2004

1glitch0 posted:

I like that there's SO much I don't feel bad skipping it. Everyone's being interrupted by whatever event happens next and it adds to the frenetic pace imo.

Yeah as long as you aren't anxious about hearing every bit of dialogue possible, it works great. I like how the banter fills silences and is always relevant to the situation, it feels very natural.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

They put way too much dialogue in the game and it keeps getting cut off , it’s stupid as gently caress

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
It's one of those games that doesn't know what genre it wants to be

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

Disposable Scud posted:

It owns. It's on BC too so I replayed it in 4K. It's jank that speaks to me.

I've been meaning to pick it up on the store after not playing it since it's release. The last 15% where it goes completely off the rails was so much fun.

webmeister
Jan 31, 2007

The answer is, mate, because I want to do you slowly. There has to be a bit of sport in this for all of us. In the psychological battle stakes, we are stripped down and ready to go. I want to see those ashen-faced performances; I want more of them. I want to be encouraged. I want to see you squirm.

American McGay posted:

What did you play?

I played Hitman, op

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
I played through most of Guardians of the Galaxy this weekend and had an ok time I guess but I was also feverish sick on the couch for like 2 days in a row and as soon as I started feeling better I stopped playing and uninstalled it right before what I'm guessing is the last chapter. I just got tired off punching more boring enemies while quipping

Also got a weird memory leak or something with it towards the end of the game? The last few maps were like at 20 fps max and one time when I quick resumed the graphics like freaked out and crashed the whole system.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Breakdown is a janky mess and also one of my favorite games of all time so you bet your rear end I bought it back compatability

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

Ask me about Game Pass: the Best Deal in Gaming!
I'm almost positive it was on games with gold. I have it in my library and definitely didn't buy it.

Douche4Sale
May 8, 2003

...and then God said, "Let there be douche!"

Seltzer posted:

I'm almost positive it was on games with gold. I have it in my library and definitely didn't buy it.

Yeah, same.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Both of you should play it!!!!