Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Antitonic
Sep 24, 2011

Invented By Gandhi

KennyMan666 posted:

So, this chapter is gonna have one of the big reveals, spelling out almost in full detail what's going on with Candace. I'm assuming nobody cares enough about AJ to have read ahead, but if anyone has cared enough to have some theories about what is going on, it would be fun to hear them before it's explained.

I’ve been restraining myself from reading ahead, because I’ve been enjoying the pacing. I thought I had an idea, but it went away a couple of chapters ago. Now I’m just here for the ride.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kit Walker
Jul 10, 2010
"The Man Who Cannot Deadlift"

I haven't played any of the later Pokemon games so I don't really have any idea about any of the possible story beats, but I'm digging it anyway

Stand Still. Stay Silent

Lalli sure has a good sense for these things

Welp, looks like they're boned

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

They're going by Christiansborg, but they're driving north! That's away from the Royal Library! :byodood:

e: oh maybe they're going to Vangsgaards Antikvariat, they have a lot of rare books

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!
Never trust a cat.

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

KennyMan666
May 27, 2010

The Saga

Kit Walker posted:

I haven't played any of the later Pokemon games so I don't really have any idea about any of the possible story beats, but I'm digging it anyway
Well Soul Silver is a remake of a second generation Pokémon game, not one of the later ones.

There's been more new Pokémon generations between the G2 remakes coming out and now than there was between OG G2 and the G2 remakes even.

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

I might have gotten this from this thread, sorry for the repost if so

some plague rats
Jun 5, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Son of Thunderbeast posted:

So I ended up skipping ahead a bit on Concerned because I was trying to remember why I enjoyed it and it does get a bit funnier down the line but I'm not sure if I want to keep posting it for my own sake. Is anyone else enjoying it? If not I'll just stop here and probably start posting the Google-Translate-hosed version of Jojo's Bizarre Adventure someone started on Twitter.

I've never encountered Concerned before so I'm approaching it with no preconceptions or nostalgia and I've gotta say it's bad. Like it's not as viscerally off-putting as Softies or as perplexing and tedious as the pokemon comic, it's just no good. The half life poser art is a big nothing, there don't seem to be any jokes apart from "hey remember this from the game" and someone making a stupid expression. It's just, bleh

Tree Bucket
Apr 1, 2016

R.I.P.idura leucophrys
I really have no idea where Brain Chip is heading. I love it.

some plague rats
Jun 5, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
I'm enjoying brain chip, which is weird because I found hitmen absolutely unreadable. It might be just because brain chip is all in the dialogue and is less held back by Thorsbys inability/refusal to convey action in a coherent way

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

some plague rats posted:

I'm enjoying brain chip, which is weird because I found hitmen absolutely unreadable. It might be just because brain chip is all in the dialogue and is less held back by Thorsbys inability/refusal to convey action in a coherent way

It's because it doesn't make my eyes bleed when I look at it :v:

Ditocoaf
Jun 1, 2011

some plague rats posted:

I've never encountered Concerned before so I'm approaching it with no preconceptions or nostalgia and I've gotta say it's bad. Like it's not as viscerally off-putting as Softies or as perplexing and tedious as the pokemon comic, it's just no good. The half life poser art is a big nothing, there don't seem to be any jokes apart from "hey remember this from the game" and someone making a stupid expression. It's just, bleh

It's mostly interesting to imagine it in-context -- when it was first posted, HL2 was less than a year old and posing 3D models in games for something like this wasn't an ancient concept (it wasn't nearly fresh either, but it's a matter of degrees). I'm reading it like a museum exhibit, ready to be pleasantly surprised by anything that still lands 17 years later.

Ditocoaf has a new favorite as of 23:41 on May 11, 2022

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

By popular demand posted:

I've seen the entire rise of the cinematic approach to storytelling in first person games and I'd just like to state plenty of them could do with some commentary from some rando who completely misunderstand the situation.
Makes the game world seem more lived in.

I like Freeman's Mind too

Digamma-F-Wau
Mar 22, 2016

It is curious and wants to accept all kinds of challenges

And that wraps up this chapter. Next chapter has just barely started (like the pencils for the very first page of it have been posted to patreon and that's it) so see ya in who knows when

Boba Pearl
Dec 27, 2019

by Athanatos

Boba Pearl posted:

Marie and the Adventurer's League - Antici

Marie and the Adventurer's League - pation

World Famous W
May 25, 2007

BAAAAAAAAAAAA
Pinocchio
Chapter 35.2

In the Shark's body Pinocchio finds whom? Read this chapter, my children, and you will know.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

oh no

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

Can't help but hear that in the Pauly shore twink voice

Tree Bucket
Apr 1, 2016

R.I.P.idura leucophrys
Geppetto having the absolute worst time possible

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

The Saddest Rhino posted:

Can't help but hear that in the Pauly shore twink voice

It's uncanny

readingatwork
Jan 8, 2009

Hello Fatty!

Fun Shoe
Ranking of Kings

Chapter 18

CzarChasm
Mar 14, 2009

I don't like it when you're watching me eat.

Lurk Ethic
Jul 25, 2007

Lurk More

some plague rats posted:

Same. I can appreciate why fans would like it, but as an outsider, it's just jokes that don't make sense until they're explained. Which kind of defeats the purpose.

Lurk Ethic
Jul 25, 2007

Lurk More
The Property of Hate

Hempuli
Nov 16, 2011

A Lesson Is Learned But The Damage Is Irreversible
A DAY AT THE OFFICE
February 16, 2006

CrocodileKingSaysNO
Jul 25, 2007

When rok first started getting posted here I didn't think it would become my most anticipated update of the day with all we got goin on in here.

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

OFFICIAL #1 GNOME FAN

Come And See
Sep 15, 2008

We're all awash in a sea of blood, and the least we can do is wave to each other.

Little Bubby Child

Post poste
Mar 29, 2010

Boba Pearl posted:

Marie and the Adventurer's League - pation

The best combat state is "sky high berserker"

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon
oh hey I forgot about Will Laren, here's my favorite Will Laren comic:

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

Ditocoaf posted:

It's mostly interesting to imagine it in-context -- when it was first posted, HL2 was less than a year old and posing 3D models in games for something like this wasn't an ancient concept (it wasn't nearly fresh either, but it's a matter of degrees). I'm reading it like a museum exhibit, ready to be pleasantly surprised by anything that still lands 17 years later.

One of the upcoming author notes is about this new program called steam and how nobody is sold on it yet

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

FTFY

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

lmao

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat

Zulily Zoetrope posted:

oh hey I forgot about Will Laren, here's my favorite Will Laren comic:

Sprite doesn't have caffeine. This comic is all wrong.

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
Transdimensional Brain Chip

136. The United Nations

137. Egypt

138. Brazil

Boba Pearl
Dec 27, 2019

by Athanatos
To the other comic creators in the thread, what does your process look like normally? I tend to do multiple passes over the story, like I start with a mindmap for a chunk of my writing, basically one "act" of whatever arc I'm doing like this.

I also have bigger maps for the overall story, because I wanted to know how it would end before I started, so I had a goal in mind as I moved forward. It's basically mindmaps within mindmaps within mindmaps. Mindception.

Then I'll write a script, with some loose descriptions of what's going on (ignore the weird number scene, it's a legacy thing from when I did choices, I would write ahead a little bit for each choice.

Then when the script is done, I start making the pages one at a time. What does your creative process look like?

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

Push El Burrito posted:

Sprite doesn't have caffeine. This comic is all wrong.

Incorrectly Regarded As Goofs: The character is mistaking the high of fructose for the buzz of caffeine

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

vyelkin posted:

Transdimensional Brain Chip

Well, I envisioned the possibility of taking over the world, but not quite like this :stonklol:

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

tbh i don't think i would like to explain to the Sprite Ghouls that the drink is uncaffeinated

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Whybird
Aug 2, 2009

Phaiston have long avoided the tightly competetive defence sector, but the IRDA Act 2052 has given us the freedom we need to bring out something really special.

https://team-robostar.itch.io/robostar

Nap Ghost

Inexplicable Humblebrag posted:

tbh i don't think i would like to explain to the Sprite Ghouls that the drink is uncaffeinated

I volunteer to be spooked by the buff ghouls.