Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path
fitting into an infinite pattern.

Yours to manipulate, to destroy and rebuild.

Now, in the quantum moment
before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.
One point of space and time.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

Oh wait no nevermind someone informed me about the buyout, is there something I can exploit for ISK easily or is it strictly hard locked to pay-to-win right now?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

EVE ONLINE IS MY ENTIRE PERSONALITY BECAUSE IM A FRIENDLESS SEMILITERATE LOSER WHO WILL PEDANTICALLY DEMAND PROOF FOR BASIC THINGS LIKE GRAVITY OR THE EXISTENCE OF SELF. ASK ME ABOUT CHEATING AT TARKOV BECAUSE, WELL, SEE ABOVE

causticBeet posted:

Also nerf local, delete supers. Citadels can stay but make them only anchorable on a moon. Get rid of tethering too while you’re at it. Small gang PvP was better when you found things in nullsec that weren’t tethered supers and ratting supers.

based and based

Dik Hz
Feb 22, 2004

Fun with Science

causticBeet posted:

Just get rid of like 60% of the map. Take all the lovely empty constellations and merge them into one or two 300AU systems. At a certain point the problem for roaming PvP isn’t a risk vs reward thing, it’s just a straight up density issue and I don’t think CCP is capable of adding more players to the game, which gives you one other knob to turn if you went to increase density.

Also nerf local, delete supers. Citadels can stay but make them only anchorable on a moon. Get rid of tethering too while you’re at it. Small gang PvP was better when you found things in nullsec that weren’t tethered supers and ratting supers.
Congrats on reinventing Pochven.

Orions Lord
May 21, 2012
People just want to do pve as safe as possible high sec is the best place for that.

This is also one of the reasons this abyssal poo poo is so popular.

So 0.0 need to be safer or high sec needs to be more dangerous to do your stuff.

First thing I would suggest is that this filament stuff for the abyssal's only can be activated in 0.0 space.

Maybe certain type of ships should have the ability to remove them self from local only in 0.0. Like mining ships.
Hunters will find them anyway if they really want to and it is a part of the game play.

Maybe we can have npc's that kill each other in high sec and leave yellow can's with nice loot in them so we get more suspects.
Or the rats in missions leave only yellow cans so the mission runner make a choice to become suspect or not etc.

Dalael
Oct 14, 2014
Hello. Yep, I still think Atlantis is Bolivia, yep, I'm still a giant idiot, yep, I'm still a huge racist. Some things never change!
Globby has a fundamental misunderstanding of his targets because lets face it, he's not wasting his time ratting.

Yes globby, even with a trillion tick, you wont find targets other than afk myrmidons. Why? Because anyone who is active, will keep an eye out and watch alliance channels.

Back when I ratted & mined, i knew the systems in my pipe and would dock when ppl were still 3 jumps out.

Unless you filamented in system, you werent gonna catch anyone.

The few times I got caught i was either fully afk or was too engaged in a show to pay enough attention.

And that was before I found out about Taco.

Collateral Damage
Jun 13, 2009

Why would you rat in nullsec for pocket change and get hot dropped when you can park a few alts in a highsec Concord system, run high level Abyssals and earn billions in almost perfect safety?

Kungfu Trader
Aug 15, 2020

Well, that escalated quickly.

Collateral Damage posted:

Why would you rat in nullsec for pocket change and get hot dropped when you can park a few alts in a highsec Concord system, run high level Abyssals and earn billions in almost perfect safety?

This is what is broken. It shouldn't be this safe to rat in highsec. This mechanic seems to short circuit the need to go into null or wormhole space. Nullsec and wormhole space are already filled with empty systems, making a mechanic that keeps it that way is counterproductive for a PVP game. No matter how much high sec carebears don't like it, this is still a game based on PVP and ship destruction.

Ynglaur
Oct 9, 2013

The Malta Conference, anyone?
They just need to tie Abyssal tier to sec status of the system.

Kaysette
Jan 5, 2009

~*Boston makes me*~
~*feel good*~

:wrongcity:
please don’t be mean to helperdog or to each other

I found this helpful graphic if anyone is still tearing their hair out about these new updates:

DerekSmartymans
Feb 14, 2005

The
Copacetic
Ascetic

learnincurve posted:

are you in the littlebees channel? They have all the information on the intel channels and people in there can tell you exactly what regions are goon/innit.

Yeah, I’m in little_bees, but didn’t know if that was a good place to ask for a “deep” intro…I know folks would be helpful as heck, just don’t want to ask a bunch of (dumb) questions if there is a solid introwiki/youtube tutorial I’m missing🧐. I will be asking (lots of) questions on finer or unclear points, I’m not shy, but my skills have come along now that a mentor showed me a few tricks as well as qualifying for a cloaking device and irl skill to use it properly!

I’m in the intel channel(s), and have figured out how to use them without shitposting (unlike here on SA :smug:) or being nervous about gatecamps; I’m just naturally timid with my gear being blown up from literally 30+ years of playing online games where *STUFF* is precious and I’m having a hard time conceptually moving beyond that. Even in free T1 frigates: I would feel bad “wasting” goonmonies Kramering my way into a wormhole because I misclicked/got lost/misunderstood the ID color or something. Conversely I don’t fear getting podded on a fleet action because I already know it’s expected especially at my “age” in game time…but I’m really having fun while still learning. I’m training (sorta haphazardly) towards pathfinding/scouting, and challenging myself to range further out each time I leave 1DQ, but vets have been very helpful with questions I’ve had so I’ll get there eventually!

Ninja edit: I’ve been practicing the Cloak/MWD trick in mostly empty systems…feels (in my head) exactly as tense as a Gnome Rogue sneaking into Neriak (evil dark elf city) in OG EverQuest back in 1999, something that I thought I was well past!

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

Mederlock posted:

I dunno I'm with Globby here 100%. Buff nullsec pve reward, make it more interesting, and give us a 10-20 second delay to local, of which the countdown starts when you break Gate cloak. And eliminate the API and map data points that show rats killed per hour.

If you buff up the rewards enough to get people to go out anyway, wormholers will screech loud enough to be heard on the moon.

dragonshardz
May 2, 2017

Kaysette posted:

please don’t be mean to helperdog or to each other

I found this helpful graphic if anyone is still tearing their hair out about these new updates:

This is exactly what I did. gently caress CCP; they don't get my money or login metrics until and unless they fix poo poo.

pugnax
Oct 10, 2012

Specialization is for insects.
So this game still sucks but is pretty enough to play? I just recovered a random account and found that I need to pay a bunch of money to get some capitals out of some sort of ship jail? I guess a citadel got blowed up and CCP magically moved to to NPC space for a fee?

What is the brief description of what happened in WWB2? Haven’t played or paid attention since 2016 other than the occasional laughing at idiots in r/eve.

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

I think this is it... I think this is how it ends

pugnax posted:

What is the brief description of what happened in WWB2? Haven’t played or paid attention since 2016 other than the occasional laughing at idiots in r/eve.

Vily came back to enact his ultimate revenge against goons, by ganging the entire game up against us again. Had the biggest titan battle ever, then almost the second but the servers poo poo the bed. After two months of thrashing about at the gates of our last constellation, they all quit the war while fighting in their "final battle" in our home system. And I do mean *as they were still fighting* because the citadels they were using to escape were being offlined while we were shooting them. It then took us about three weeks to retake all of the space it took them about nine months to pacify

Dieting Hippo
Jan 5, 2006

THIS IS NOT A PROPER DIET FOR A HIPPO

pugnax posted:

So this game still sucks but is pretty enough to play? I just recovered a random account and found that I need to pay a bunch of money to get some capitals out of some sort of ship jail? I guess a citadel got blowed up and CCP magically moved to to NPC space for a fee?

In true CCP fashion the game continues to suck more but gets prettier at an equal rate. And that's Asset Safety that moved your ships to NPC space. You need to pay a fee that's a percentage of the value of the ships/items in asset safety.

pugnax posted:

TEST decided There Are No Goons, then set up their staging literally one jump out from our home system in Delve. Cue them getting their poo poo kicked in because there were fights right next door and we had no qualms about logging in for immediate kills. Also they attempted one last big push into 1DQ, then "quietly" started evaccing assets out during it. It might have worked if our spies didn't leak that brilliant plan to their allies who we got to listen to live on their own comms loudly complaining about TEST doing said evac.

pugnax
Oct 10, 2012

Specialization is for insects.

ShaneMacGowansTeeth posted:

And I do mean *as they were still fighting* because the citadels they were using to escape were being offlined while we were shooting them.

Dieting Hippo posted:

It might have worked if our spies didn't leak that brilliant plan to their allies who we got to listen to live on their own comms loudly complaining about TEST doing said evac.

Ahhh, this is the good stuff. Not sure I miss it enough to actually play though.

Collateral Damage
Jun 13, 2009

EVE was briefly fun again during the war. When it was over I unsubbed pretty much immediately. Peace is boring.

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

Do you want your breadcrumbs highlighted?

~SMcD

i enjoyed posting at hostiles to meme up the querns hardpoint a lot during the war

OMFG FURRY
Jul 10, 2006

[snarky comment]
i learned a lot about bubbles, bombing, and how to set bookmarks offset enough to warp through a bubble camp after a run

too bad ccp doesn't have any pve content that utilizes that

Ynglaur
Oct 9, 2013

The Malta Conference, anyone?

OMFG FURRY posted:

i learned a lot about bubbles, bombing, and how to set bookmarks offset enough to warp through a bubble camp after a run

too bad ccp doesn't have any pve content that utilizes that

... yeah. Do any missions or NPCs use interdictors or bombers or things like that?

PMB
Oct 30, 2002

Moist and Delicious

Gwyneth Palpate posted:

i enjoyed posting at hostiles to meme up the querns hardpoint a lot during the war

I enjoyed the utter despair that erupted on r/eve when they first made an attempt at it and realised what the blood price would be.

PMB fucked around with this message at 21:10 on May 11, 2022

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

Do you want your breadcrumbs highlighted?

~SMcD

PMB posted:

I enjoyed the utter despair that erupted on r/eve when they first made an attempt at it and realised what the blood price would be.

The fun part is if they had used the momentum they had at the start of the war to smash into it, cost be damned, they could have done it. It's not invincible. Instead, they took the approach that you decide on if your enemy is a carbon copy of the old Northern Coalition (no dot) from 2010, and inflict territorial loss in an attempt to scare us away. AKA: the "highest burnout before doing the actually necessary work" route. I guess they forgot that we lost literally all of our space in 2016 and managed to bounce back even stronger than before.

Really, I was actually kinda scared when the war started because Vily was one of the leaders. He's ex-GSF and was once our skymarshal, so he's been at the Big Boy's Table. He SHOULD have had a decent command of how we operate and what we value. However, none of that presumed competence was ever exercised, not even a single time. I was watching for it.

The Northern Coalition (no dot), really, has been our strongest ally. The shape of their failure and the specter of their psychology guards us to this day.

Dieting Hippo
Jan 5, 2006

THIS IS NOT A PROPER DIET FOR A HIPPO

Gwyneth Palpate posted:

I guess they forgot that we lost literally all of our space in 2016 and managed to bounce back even stronger than before.

And in 2009 when we abandoned the southeast for Delve. And in 2010 when we lost Delve because someone mixed up wallets. We're used to this by now :v:

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
When your alliance is one big collection of mates, memes, and memories, then it's the people themselves that are the content, and the leaders just need to tell them the when and where. At a fundamental level, that's what people who live off upvotes downvotes and point scoring will never be able to understand about goons.

Samuel L. Hacksaw
Mar 26, 2007

Never Stop Posting

Gwyneth Palpate posted:

The fun part is if they had used the momentum they had at the start of the war to smash into it, cost be damned, they could have done it. It's not invincible. Instead, they took the approach that you decide on if your enemy is a carbon copy of the old Northern Coalition (no dot) from 2010, and inflict territorial loss in an attempt to scare us away. AKA: the "highest burnout before doing the actually necessary work" route. I guess they forgot that we lost literally all of our space in 2016 and managed to bounce back even stronger than before.

Really, I was actually kinda scared when the war started because Vily was one of the leaders. He's ex-GSF and was once our skymarshal, so he's been at the Big Boy's Table. He SHOULD have had a decent command of how we operate and what we value. However, none of that presumed competence was ever exercised, not even a single time. I was watching for it.

The Northern Coalition (no dot), really, has been our strongest ally. The shape of their failure and the specter of their psychology guards us to this day.

Maybe vily attacked Delve wrong, as a jape.

dialhforhero
Apr 3, 2008
Am I 🧑‍🏫 out of touch🤔? No🧐, it's the children👶 who are wrong🤷🏼‍♂️
You can have a little a lost cause, as a jape.

Mederlock
Jun 23, 2012

You won't recognize Canada when I'm through with it
Grimey Drawer

CainFortea posted:

If you buff up the rewards enough to get people to go out anyway, wormholers will screech loud enough to be heard on the moon.

Good. J-Bears are the real ninnies who need to be put in their place. The amount of isk they make near risk-free is insane, which lets them waltz around in their super blinged nano poo poo and dunk on poors in null sec. And high sec abyssal runners are the same :p . I like the idea of tying abyssals to sec status. T-1/2 for hi-sec, T4 and down in low sec, T6 and down in null sec.

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
Is it not already? how does that make sense with the removal of half the ores from high sec?

Otacon
Aug 13, 2002

learnincurve posted:

When your alliance is one big collection of mates, memes, and memories, then it's the people themselves that are the content, and the leaders just need to tell them the when and where. At a fundamental level, that's what people who live off upvotes downvotes and point scoring will never be able to understand about goons.

As the all-time world record holder having the most !baconpoints, I take offense to this.

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

EVE ONLINE IS MY ENTIRE PERSONALITY BECAUSE IM A FRIENDLESS SEMILITERATE LOSER WHO WILL PEDANTICALLY DEMAND PROOF FOR BASIC THINGS LIKE GRAVITY OR THE EXISTENCE OF SELF. ASK ME ABOUT CHEATING AT TARKOV BECAUSE, WELL, SEE ABOVE

Dalael posted:

Globby has a fundamental misunderstanding of his targets because lets face it, he's not wasting his time ratting.

Yes globby, even with a trillion tick, you wont find targets other than afk myrmidons. Why? Because anyone who is active, will keep an eye out and watch alliance channels.

Back when I ratted & mined, i knew the systems in my pipe and would dock when ppl were still 3 jumps out.

Unless you filamented in system, you werent gonna catch anyone.

The few times I got caught i was either fully afk or was too engaged in a show to pay enough attention.

And that was before I found out about Taco.

idk why you lie or just make things up

i've ratted, with many accounts, for many hours

you are fundamentally misunderstanding the point of my post, which makes sense because it wasn't addressed to you, nor was it addressing your points

nothing you said above has any meaning

helperdog
Oct 10, 2021

DOG

WilWheaton posted:

Helperdog is a threat to globby because he’s just a chill dude who likes to have fun

Keep being you helperdog

Thank u friend, may halperdog bless your fleets, bring you good luck, and positive energy

Only registered members can see post attachments!

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
I’m stoned and I don’t know if desperate curmudgeon is the look you are going for, but all your posts read like “I can’t work out a way how to kill mission runners or ratters in battleships in 2022 so therefore local should be nerfed”

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh

helperdog posted:

Thank u friend, may halperdog bless your fleets, bring you good luck, and positive energy

Lillypup says hi

helperdog
Oct 10, 2021

DOG

learnincurve posted:

Lillypup says hi

Lilly looks like a very good doggo, Scout said that she deserves some ice cream

helperdog
Oct 10, 2021

DOG

helperdog posted:

Lilly looks like a very good doggo, Scout said that she deserves some ice cream

Here is scout

Dalmuti
Apr 8, 2007
We should start doing that thing where we paste unhinged r/eve posts in here as our own again

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
Helperdog, buy scout some peanut butter for dogs (purer than the human stuff) it will be the best thing he and you will have ever done

helperdog
Oct 10, 2021

DOG

learnincurve posted:

Helperdog, buy scout some peanut butter for dogs (purer than the human stuff) it will be the best thing he and you will have ever done

Sometimes when I give him peanut butter I wipe the peanut butter spoon on his nose a little so he has a fun little activity to keep him occupied

Doublestep
Sep 8, 2013

Keep on keeping on!
logged back in after being out of the game basically since 2014, saw a bunch of miniluv destroyers in my inventory in perimeter, might just pop a pod or two for old times sake :beerpal:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheWeedNumber
Apr 20, 2020

by sebmojo

learnincurve posted:

hurf blurf