Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen

Zil posted:

Who knew a talking shark that bestowed gifts would be so controversial.

Haven't you learned the old rule to never look a gifthorseshark in the mouth?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kuros
Sep 13, 2010

Oh look, the consequences of my prior actions are finally catching up to me.

Android Apocalypse posted:

Haven't you learned the old rule to never look a gifthorseshark in the mouth?

Why not? They can regrow teeth.

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

Nice, looks awesome, can't wait to try it.

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

Sagebrush posted:

The sarlacc has a unique digestive system.:words:

I "love" how the star wars EU just doesn't let anybody be wrong, or bullshitting. If you just look at the actual scene where Han claims his ship can do the kessel run in whatever parsecs it's clear that Obi Wan is not buying this poo poo.

But no, here comes the EU explaining why no, it actually totally makes sense and isn't some guy trying to hustle some backwater rubes.

Zonko_T.M. posted:

That sounds like a bunch of bullshit Jabba made up because he was trying to one-up having a big murder pit.
"Jabba is badly trying to one-up some other hutt's murder pit and is bullshitting" is a much simpler and more believable explanation, but nope, EU gotta come up with some reason he's telling the truth, as if people can't loving lie.

Ziv Zulander
Mar 24, 2017

ZZ for short

Zereth posted:

I "love" how the star wars EU just doesn't let anybody be wrong, or bullshitting. If you just look at the actual scene where Han claims his ship can do the kessel run in whatever parsecs it's clear that Obi Wan is not buying this poo poo.

But no, here comes the EU explaining why no, it actually totally makes sense and isn't some guy trying to hustle some backwater rubes.

In the original 1976 novelization of the movie, they even have obi wan say in his internal dialogue that he doesn’t believe the guy

Stex T
Mar 7, 2005

Shut the fuck up and get out. Have fun being a slave of the rich and powerful.

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day
Y

e,c:

LifeSunDeath has a new favorite as of 23:37 on May 11, 2022

PizzaProwler
Nov 4, 2009

Or you can see me at The Riviera. Tuesday nights.
Pillowfights with Dominican mothers.
john i cannot hang with the poop

Sardonik
Jul 1, 2005

if you like my dumb posts, you'll love my dumb youtube channel

Zereth posted:

No but you see the falcon has three droid cores powering it's navigation system, each part representing han as a smuggler, a man, and a father, so it can plot the hyperspace routes extra gooder

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

ok yeah that is one that i really did not like. han talks to his ship like it's a person because that's what people do! they anthropomorphize things like cars and ships and assign them human personality traits because we are social beings and we like to think of them in those terms. they didn't have to go and say "no, actually, it literally has a couple of different sentient droid brains that are literally stubborn and cranky and he has to try to convince them to do what he wants." arg

dialhforhero
Apr 3, 2008
Am I 🧑‍🏫 out of touch🤔? No🧐, it's the children👶 who are wrong🤷🏼‍♂️
Also that Lando hosed one irl

Dr Christmas
Apr 24, 2010

Berninating the one percent,
Berninating the Wall St.
Berninating all the people
In their high rise penthouses!
🔥😱🔥🔫👴🏻
Both X-Wing: Alliance and Rogue Squadron 2 have a mission where you steal Shuttle Tyderium. They're of course completely different. Wookiepedia said that they're both canon, actually, because the Empire got it back in between those missions. And the Rebels thought they'd still be able to stealthily use it apparently.

Amphigory
Feb 6, 2005

So glad I stopped caring about star wars after I stopped being a literal child

PizzaProwler
Nov 4, 2009

Or you can see me at The Riviera. Tuesday nights.
Pillowfights with Dominican mothers.

Hyperlynx
Sep 13, 2015

CainFortea posted:

Any player of KSP will tell you it's easy as gently caress. You just get into orbit in the same plane, and then once the moon rises you burn prograde. Fuckin easy man. Don't even have to use mechjeb.

You can even launch in an ordinary equatorial orbit, because that's the plane Mün is in. But if you're telling me you got it right the first time, instead of missing for the first several tries, then you're a drat liar :colbert:

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

I’ve literally never seen a star war

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

CainFortea posted:

Excuse you, self sealing stem bolts do not break. They are of the highest quality.
How do you expect them to self-seal if that seal is never broken in the first place?

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

Jim Silly-Balls posted:

I’ve literally never seen a star war

Well light takes a long time to travel to earth, most of them we won't see in our lifetimes really

Smashing Link
Jul 8, 2003

I'll keep chucking bombs at you til you fall off that ledge!
Grimey Drawer
When can we make fun of the generation after Zoomers? And what is their name? I ask because I will have dementia soon.

Hyperlynx
Sep 13, 2015

Brawnfire posted:

Well light takes a long time to travel to earth, most of them we won't see in our lifetimes really

Yes. This is how we know Star Wars happened a long time ago; the galaxy is far, far away.

VROOM VROOM
Jun 8, 2005

Knormal posted:

How do you expect them to self-seal if that seal is never broken in the first place?

I attempted to research the actual use of self-sealing stem bolts, and while I was not surprised to find that there was a star trek wiki with an entry for self-sealing stem bolts, I was mildly impressed that there was a separate entry for regular stem bolts, and slightly more impressed that there is an entire other page for the concept of a "gross", as in the quantity, listing every time in all of Star Trek that a gross is mentioned (there are three examples, and two of them are about self-sealing stem bolts)

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

I only have canyoneyes for you
https://youtu.be/cE1FrqheQNI

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

Hyperlynx posted:

You can even launch in an ordinary equatorial orbit, because that's the plane Mün is in. But if you're telling me you got it right the first time, instead of missing for the first several tries, then you're a drat liar :colbert:

You can just uncross those arms buddy because before I was playing KSP in 0.17, I was using the Orbiter simulator and had done moon interceptions with the Delta space vehicle.

fullerene
Apr 29, 2022

Smashing Link posted:

When can we make fun of the generation after Zoomers? And what is their name? I ask because I will have dementia soon.

next three generations are Alpha, Beta and Gamma

coincidentally those are also the radiation types they're going to have to be worried about

Hyperlynx
Sep 13, 2015

CainFortea posted:

You can just uncross those arms buddy because before I was playing KSP in 0.17, I was using the Orbiter simulator and had done moon interceptions with the Delta space vehicle.

I'm really not sure it's worth torturing the joke further, but that's not the point. The point is just that it's harder than it looks. Until you learn how, sure, but you've still got to learn how at some point. Or did you find it easy first time in Orbiter as well?

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

I got a letter from the government the other day
opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

Hyperlynx posted:

I'm really not sure it's worth torturing the joke further, but that's not the point. The point is just that it's harder than it looks. Until you learn how, sure, but you've still got to learn how at some point. Or did you find it easy first time in Orbiter as well?

Well yea but I was just continuing the joke.

cult_hero
Jul 10, 2001

Smashing Link posted:

Sadly, they are the doomers. The last generation after we perpetuate the gently caress uppedness of eerything.

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

Yousa thinkin people gonna die?

Blackula Vs. Tarantula
Jul 6, 2005

😤I am NOT Captain_Redbeard🧔

Does anyone know what episode this is from? The video, I know the dialogue is from the Kirk/Spock five guys au

Hyperlynx
Sep 13, 2015

CainFortea posted:

Well yea but I was just continuing the joke.

Oh. Whoops!

`Nemesis
Dec 30, 2000

railroad graffiti

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Those things are pretty good in castlevania.

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

Is that what you call it.

Dungeon Ecology
Feb 9, 2011

Giant Spliffs

RandolphCarter
Jul 30, 2005

Zereth posted:

"Jabba is badly trying to one-up some other hutt's murder pit and is bullshitting" is a much simpler and more believable explanation, but nope, EU gotta come up with some reason he's telling the truth, as if people can't loving lie.

Did they ever explain why Lando is wearing Han’s clothes in that one bit?

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something

RandolphCarter posted:

You have to wear those clothes to properly pilot the Willennium Falcon.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fullerene
Apr 29, 2022

RandolphCarter posted:

have you never accidentally picked up the wrong shirt off the floor after a night of passion?