Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Read After Burning
Feb 19, 2013

"All this, for me? 💃Ah, you didn't have to! 🥰"

Inner Light posted:

Is it bullshit though? Plant based milk costs a lot more for the same volume than cow milk. What do you propose we do?

Well, I dunno what mom-and-pop coffee places should/can do, but I would assume Starbucks can afford it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DOPE FIEND KILLA G
Jun 4, 2011

its literally a different drink. why not immolate yourself over coffee and tea costing different amounts

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider
Very succession of him to protest over plant-based milk and not anything to do with workers.

TBF I don't know if Cromwell actually does solidarity stuff, so maybe he's fine but this just seems like something his character would do.

Mameluke
Aug 2, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Cranappleberry posted:

question: did they ever give a reason why Kendall didn't try to go to Bill, the guy who let Tom in on the cruises issues? With him and Greg that's two eye witnesses who can verify the cover-up and at least one that knew what was going on directly.

The actor died of COVID

Hughmoris
Apr 21, 2007
Let's go to the abyss!

DOPE FIEND KILLA G posted:

its literally a different drink. why not immolate yourself over coffee and tea costing different amounts

If I'm going to immolate myself it'll be because Raised By Wolves hasn't been renewed yet.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

I wonder why Cromwell used superglue and not a more adhesive and potent gloop :thunk:

Looten Plunder
Jul 11, 2006
Grimey Drawer

Cranappleberry posted:

question: did they ever give a reason why Kendall didn't try to go to Bill, the guy who let Tom in on the cruises issues? With him and Greg that's two eye witnesses who can verify the cover-up and at least one that knew what was going on directly.

As has been mentioned, the actor died. But no, the show never explained it and I assume they'll just gently gloss over it (because it's a very good point, he literally threatened Logan if they tried to burn him so it's clear he'd be willing to talk).

Vogler
Feb 6, 2009
This Guardian article about the divorce between Jerry Hall and Rupert Murdoch sounds real familiar: https://www.theguardian.com/culture/2022/jul/01/jerry-hall-reportedly-heartbroken-end-marriage-rupert-murdoch

The Mail reports that tensions between Hall and Murdoch’s children occurred during the pandemic. Sources within Hall’s camp told the newspaper she apparently assumed a “gatekeeping” role to keep her husband safe from Covid. She believes that led his family to think she was seeking to cut their regular contact with their father.

“They thought that Jerry was keeping them from him,” a friend is quoted as saying. “She does blame the children for souring the marriage. They had a lot to say about it and a role in his personal life, which she found a nasty surprise. Clearly, they mistrusted her.”

Earlier this year, according to the source, there were discussions with Hall and the wider family about her financial status and what she might get when Murdoch died, the paper reports. It is said some of the family were concerned that no further provision should be made for Hall at this time, according to the Mail.

Arbite
Nov 4, 2009

Succession father and son go head-to-head at Emmys

Hobo Clown
Oct 16, 2012

Here it is, Baby.
Your killer track.

Greg vs Tom :ohdear:

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

Biscuit Hider

Hobo Clown posted:

Can't make a Tomlette without breaking some Gregs

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!

Hobo Clown posted:

I mean... it's Tom.

Paperhouse
Dec 31, 2008

I think
your hair
looks much
better
pushed
over to
one side
Tom is probably the best character in the show so yeah

performance wise I just can't really separate any of them. They're all perfect

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!
Been binging this and I just watched "Tern Haven." Christ, the Pierces are such pretentious pieces of poo poo. Miles to go before you sleep, wow, you read the same poetry I did. In high school. I hope Logan makes them all play Boar On The Floor with veggie dogs.

sure okay
Apr 7, 2006

Halloween Jack posted:

Been binging this and I just watched "Tern Haven." Christ, the Pierces are such pretentious pieces of poo poo. Miles to go before you sleep, wow, you read the same poetry I did. In high school. I hope Logan makes them all play Boar On The Floor with veggie dogs.

Nan taking the roast from her cook and setting in on the table as if she cooked it herself. Her whole family playing along while the Roys exchange looks (lol)

Wealth poisoning, kids. Not even once

Mokelumne Trekka
Nov 22, 2015

Soon.

Just finished ep8, s3. One episode left! I just looked back at discourse after episode 8 aired and lol'ing at the speculation Kendall drank one beer at the pool and drowned. Im glad I rarely watch shows while they run for the first time.

ram dass in hell
Dec 29, 2019

:420::toot::420:

Mokelumne Trekka posted:

Just finished ep8, s3. One episode left! I just looked back at discourse after episode 8 aired and lol'ing at the speculation Kendall drank one beer at the pool and drowned. Im glad I rarely watch shows while they run for the first time.

lol enjoy ep 9 :twisted:

Mokelumne Trekka
Nov 22, 2015

Soon.

whether or not Kendall dies (I believe he will) is second on my list of questions I want answered. the first, of course, is if Tom finally gets the love he needs, from Greg

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

Biscuit Hider
Greg is going to throw Tom under the bus so hard at some point and it will cement his villain arc.

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

Greg Greg Greg Greg

Hot Dog Day #82
Jul 5, 2003

Soiled Meat

a new study bible! posted:

Greg Greg Greg Greg

I was really hoping that Greg would end up with the Countess or whatever she was - he is my perfect boy and deserves the very best life has to offer.

Anne Whateley
Feb 11, 2007
:unsmith: i like nice words
I totally know it's going to end up with Greg winning, I just want there to be a Tom season first

navyjack
Jul 15, 2006

Anne Whateley posted:

I totally know it's going to end up with Greg winning, I just want there to be a Tom season first

Greg winning will result in him becoming a worse monster than Logan ever was. That’s kind of the theme of the show.

Mameluke
Aug 2, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Hot Dog Day #82 posted:

I was really hoping that Greg would end up with the Countess or whatever she was - he is my perfect boy and deserves the very best life has to offer.

Greg is going to bang Kendall's mom at this rate and where his morality is going

Anne Whateley
Feb 11, 2007
:unsmith: i like nice words

navyjack posted:

Greg winning will result in him becoming a worse monster than Logan ever was. That’s kind of the theme of the show.
No I know, but each season has had one kid ascendant and I want Tom to have a turn before it all goes to Greg in the end

Robobot
Aug 21, 2018

Anne Whateley posted:

No I know, but each season has had one kid ascendant and I want Tom to have a turn before it all goes to Greg in the end

Next season seems as good as any.

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin
Is that how King Lear ended?

navyjack
Jul 15, 2006

Anne Whateley posted:

Ah, I see, yeah. I agree. This next season is AAT (All About Tom) before Greg's sudden but inevitable betrayal and it will be beautiful.

Honestly, the only "good" ending of it all will be whoever is left standing (Logan or Greg) has beaten everyone, but now has no one. Wealthy beyond all dreams of avarice but utterly alone and miserable. I figure it will be Logan and the end will be him realizing how absolutely hollow and pointless it all was because no one and nothing loves him despite his riches as he faces death. Good times.

Mokelumne Trekka
Nov 22, 2015

Soon.

Ah, so Tom finally went for the kill. I even reacted to Shiv telling Tom the plan, "she needs to be careful who she tells". It was an automatic reaction, strangely, but on the surface I was so used to Tom being a mopey puppy I didnt see it coming. Tom 's arch ties the season together beautifully.

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!
I'm just 4 episodes into Season 3. Everyone on this show is a piece of poo poo who deserves nothing but misery, obviously, but I'm going to be disappointed if Gerri doesn't eventually gently caress over Logan and his old cronies for underestimating her at every turn.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

I thought Tom won last season.

Halloween Jack posted:

I'm just 4 episodes into Season 3. Everyone on this show is a piece of poo poo who deserves nothing but misery, obviously, but I'm going to be disappointed if Gerri doesn't eventually gently caress over Logan and his old cronies for underestimating her at every turn.
Honestly I think he has a perfect read on Gerri. She's as smart or smarter than everyone but does not get real enjoyment out of being in charge or conflict in general, when the buy out happened she saw that it was just the rational choice. She was the interim CEO, obviously he's got a high opinion of her.

Mike N Eich
Jan 27, 2007

This might just be the year
I don't think the series will end with Greg 'winning' (if that means, in charge of the company)- thats just a touch too silly and over-the-top for the show and at the same time a little too pat and perfect - the lovable goof fails his way to the top while having his soul perverted.

I do think he will end up with a nice sinecure position and be an utterly poo poo bastard like the rest of them though (he basically achieved that by the end of season 3).

pablo gbscobar
Nov 24, 2007

oh shit i got the snype

:wom:
Lipstick Apathy
I think it's going to be the opposite, Greg is gonna end up broke and working at one of the parks again after the business/family implodes and he fails to get his inheritance back from Greenpeace.

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
As a matter of fact, I do know the story of Nero and Sporus. Tom probably should've emphasized what happened to Poppaea once Nero wasn't around.

Interesting followup to an episode where everybody made the wrong move. Kendall should've just gone on the show.

Where does Ewan get his money? I'm guessing he invested in Logan's business when it was still small, and has spent the rest of his life bitching about winning the lottery.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

Halloween Jack posted:

Where does Ewan get his money? I'm guessing he invested in Logan's business when it was still small, and has spent the rest of his life bitching about winning the lottery.
Yeah I think it's exactly this (he's on the board). I still think and lol about the "I think Logan is worse than Hitler" line.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

For anyone here following the tremendously captivating Alex Jones dumpster fire of a trial...

https://twitter.com/MNateShyamalan/status/1554922604619866112?t=gqIgfEe20ii79yu54B-4Fw&s=19

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003

No Wave posted:

Yeah I think it's exactly this (he's on the board). I still think and lol about the "I think Logan is worse than Hitler" line.
He might be technically right--a few decades from now, will we be able to say Rupert Murdoch was responsible for 65 million or so deaths from climate disasters? Maybe.

Kinda hard to condemn Hitler when you're Edmund Hitler and you own $100 million in Degussa stock, though

Halloween Jack fucked around with this message at 15:51 on Aug 4, 2022

prom candy
Dec 16, 2005

Only I may dance

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

For anyone here following the tremendously captivating Alex Jones dumpster fire of a trial...

https://twitter.com/MNateShyamalan/status/1554922604619866112?t=gqIgfEe20ii79yu54B-4Fw&s=19

lmao

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
Cameron really should have taken the Gourmando deal. How long until he gets busted with a pontoon boat full of child prostitutes?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Haptical Sales Slut
Mar 15, 2010

Age 18 to 49

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

lmao