Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.
Purple in red out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

all you have to do is type out what i, specifically, need to do in each mechanic

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.
When repositioning Hesperos during Pinax I'll say to myself "red and blue" a few times to get me to charge that direction without thinking.

Orcs and Ostriches
Aug 26, 2010

The Great Twist

Mr. Nice! posted:

6 is 2 6 is 2 6 is 2

On that mechanic, because of the way the markers look, 1 and 5 both have a single dot on one side, 3 and 7 both have a 3 dot triangle on one side, and 4 and 8 have a four dot rectangle. 6 and 2 don't fit the easy paradigm, so we chant it as if we're summoning a god.

My favourite part was learning that as Sage and getting marked 1. The after image of Dosis leaves two blue dots near where the lower dots are on 3, so when I was new and trying to rush it, I saw myself as 3 far too often.

S.J.
May 19, 2008

Just who the hell do you think we are?

Bloody Pom posted:

The mythic keystone thing is something I wouldn't mind them stealing from WoW honestly, just so long as it's kept as fun side content and doesn't become the new endgame.

Yeah, same. Doesn't need to be a 1:1 translation just something in the same vein. That's literally the only part of WoW end game that I think is worth a drat tho

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

Orcs and Ostriches posted:

My favourite part was learning that as Sage and getting marked 1. The after image of Dosis leaves two blue dots near where the lower dots are on 3, so when I was new and trying to rush it, I saw myself as 3 far too often.

loving :lol:

Lord_Magmar
Feb 24, 2015

"Welcome to pound town, Slifer slacker!"

Bloody Pom posted:

Am I masochistic for wanting them to add savage alliance raids?

It was fun watching people learn that 1 is, in fact, not a prime number.

I have had thoughts about savage versions of each of the fights for Aglaia. Some of them monstrously mean because I actually liked mythic raiding in WoW.

The main one is for boss 4 using debuffs so that one party fights an add, one party does above, and one party does below mechanics. Parties swap every minute (and a new add spawns). Dps check, positioning check, vision check all in one minute packages.

Yes you would have to do the balance thing with the add every minute and it needs to be dead for that to work. Failing the balance kills the party instead of wiping the raid though, to be nice.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.
They already have a savage massive raid - DRS

Lord_Magmar
Feb 24, 2015

"Welcome to pound town, Slifer slacker!"

Mr. Nice! posted:

They already have a savage massive raid - DRS

Yeah but DR is janky and the two hit get a doom debuff sucks and it uses extra abilities and you cannot rez.

Note I actually like the thing but it is not comparable to savage alliance raids in terms of what people are asking for.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
a savage alliance raid sounds miserable

an extreme-level alliance raid sounds maybe cool though

S.J.
May 19, 2008

cheetah7071 posted:

a savage alliance raid sounds miserable

an extreme-level alliance raid sounds maybe cool though

Yeah, give us back un-nerfed Ivalice already

broken pixel
Dec 16, 2011

S.J. posted:

God, I miss it.

My P3S experience is as follows:
  • 1 is 5
  • 2 is 6
  • 3 is... it's... number... god what
  • 4 is 8

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

Voted #1 Babysitter in Mushroom Kingdom

I will never get used to randomly getting multiple comms from strangers in 24 mans as a DPS.

Just got 3 comms as a Summoner and I'm just like "??? I died twice through this run what did I do to deserve praise? I didn't even res anyone."

S.J.
May 19, 2008

YoshiOfYellow posted:

I will never get used to randomly getting multiple comms from strangers in 24 mans as a DPS.

Just got 3 comms as a Summoner and I'm just like "??? I died twice through this run what did I do to deserve praise? I didn't even res anyone."

Cool glams

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

cheetah7071 posted:

I can't imagine sightreading pinax or act 2, that's really impressive

You just kinda do them enough that you know what the configurations for pinax/act 2 look like instinctively.

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

Voted #1 Babysitter in Mushroom Kingdom

S.J. posted:

Cool glams

The crafted set this patch is pretty rad.

YoshiOfYellow fucked around with this message at 06:38 on May 12, 2022

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
I will comm someone if I recognize their name on the comm screen. So either they did something cool or had cool glams or were the friendliest in chat, or they were the only other option because in the time it took me to watch the cutscene everyone else bailed.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

^^lol^^

I can't even imagine how many of my comms are because I waited for everyone else to leave the instance

Raised By Birds
May 5, 2013
There have definitely been times where I was all ready to commend someone, but they left before I could even get the commendation window open.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

I just commend whoever's left at random. If I died a lot it'll be one of the healers (because I've forgotten which one ressed me).

Mainwaring
Jun 22, 2007

Disco is not dead! Disco is LIFE!

Commending takes too many clicks at the end so I often don't bother

Oneiros
Jan 12, 2007

Bruceski posted:

That's how you do it. Eventually it becomes second nature (you'll still screw up sometimes, and P2S can cascade easily).

P3S is scaring the heck out of me to start on.

i jumped into p3s today and honestly the first half ain't bad at all

the mid-fight adds phase definitely seems to be the great filter (not helped by the fact that it is may and people are still rocking moonward gear apparently)

Oneiros
Jan 12, 2007

torn between raiding as a tank again so tethers actually get picked up reliably or staying dps so we actually have a chance of beating the adds dps check because hooo boy it's pretty dire out there in learning parties at the moment

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
the best strategy is probably to try to ask around on discord/in FC chat for anybody who's willing to help, and accept 0-1 chests on your first clear. Trying to do it entirely with the people in learning parties is going to be a lot harder than having 3+ veterans helping out

Gobbeldygook
May 13, 2009
Hates Native American people and tries to justify their genocides.

Put this racist on ignore immediately!

Oneiros posted:

torn between raiding as a tank again so tethers actually get picked up reliably or staying dps so we actually have a chance of beating the adds dps check because hooo boy it's pretty dire out there in learning parties at the moment
I burned out progging p3s as a tank because I felt completely helpless watching the DPS fail to kill the birds over and over. just click the loving birds you useless shitlickers!!!

I think it would be much easier with everyone and their mom in 590+ now but that's probably balanced out by the pool of people that haven't cleared yet being worse at the game.

Oneiros
Jan 12, 2007

i'm watching dps do less than i did in normal on launch day. as a tank. it's incredible

Tekopo
Oct 24, 2008

When you see it, you'll shit yourself.

There’s the whole meme about sliding difficulty of reclears between a Tuesday and Monday reclear but it applies to the entire tier as a whole as well. This late in the tier, practice PFs aren’t gonna be great.

TheHoosier
Dec 30, 2004

The fuck, Graham?!

S.J. posted:

Yes, but... no

I mean I just want savage dungeons honestly

This. I want some of the dungeons to have a non-linear layout again, like Haukke Manor, and I want a savage mode. I know they can pump these things out in their current layout, but it would be nice to have some variety or additional challenge.

Griz
May 21, 2001

Oneiros posted:

i jumped into p3s today and honestly the first half ain't bad at all

the first half being easy and boring is yet another reason why that fight sucks. it's almost as bad as O10S with the backloading of all the difficult mechanics.

GiantRockFromSpace
Mar 1, 2019

Just Cram It

I haven't had much time to practice P3S due to classes and having to be available and depression but every practice group I've been in was walled by the adds DPS check. And I'm talking about like 1-2 months in, not on release. Some people just do bad DPS for many motives.

Tekopo
Oct 24, 2008

When you see it, you'll shit yourself.

We struggled in our static with the adds DPS check in P3S until we got people to start hitting the big birds just before tethers appear and while waiting for tethers to resolve. I noticed that a lot of people in Practice PFs (at least 1 month into the tier) just stand around and wait for tethers to resolve before DPSing again, and this will make the DPS check either extremely tight or, in some situations, outright impossible.

Onean
Feb 11, 2010

Maiden in white...
You are not one of us.
They're starting the Sage and Reaper Weapon Design Contest.
https://twitter.com/FF_XIV_EN/status/1524705957724311552?t=KamfTW4aCGzLgII9Ceo8VQ&s=19

Hunter Noventa
Apr 21, 2010

If there aren't some Nu Gundam lookin funnels, er, nouliths I will be disappointed.

Axel Serenity
Sep 27, 2002

Hunter Noventa posted:

If there aren't some Nu Gundam lookin funnels, er, nouliths I will be disappointed.

Hot dog lasers

Crackerjack
Nov 7, 2004
crackalackin

Slippery Tilde

a cartoon duck
Sep 5, 2011

S.J. posted:

the actual mechanical complexity of orbonne is still unchanged, the only difference is you don't wipe because more than half the raid struggles with such high-difficulty concepts as "have three people on the pad with three markers on it", "don't overlap giant aoes" and "don't drag trailing aoes through the party".

in a raid that already takes 40 minutes on a good run, i'm quite happy with not adding another 10 to 20 minutes to it

strange feelings re Daisy
Aug 2, 2000

We need floating moogles that shoot lasers

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

strange feelings re Daisy posted:

We need floating moogles that shoot lasers

They don't have this already?!?

Zeruel
Mar 27, 2010

Alert: bad post spotted.
I was completing the lv 90 role quests capstone just recently and it made me want something like at-release WoW mage tower. Still some of the best content WoW put out, even if some classes just had a much easier time with them than others, or the fights were almost trivialised with particular legendaries.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

a cartoon duck posted:

the actual mechanical complexity of orbonne is still unchanged, the only difference is you don't wipe because more than half the raid struggles with such high-difficulty concepts as "have three people on the pad with three markers on it", "don't overlap giant aoes" and "don't drag trailing aoes through the party".

in a raid that already takes 40 minutes on a good run, i'm quite happy with not adding another 10 to 20 minutes to it

Yeah. There's really no point in making ADR content hard because the kind of person the content is designed for will never be able to do the mechanics and it punishes everyone else with a much worse time.