Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe

Kevin DuBrow posted:

https://restofworld.org/2022/china-wechat-private-traffic

Interesting article on Chinese online retailers pursuing a trend of "private traffic", which is building personal connections to individuals with things like private group chats and influencers livestreaming sales. Most of this is being done on WeChat, driving traffic from more traditional shopping sites and forcing them to move their efforts to the app, ceding control of loads of user data.

I'm jealous that I don't have one of these people for crap I'm interested in.

The best we have is that goon in SA Mart who sells video game codes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

Pouring one out for Amazon Tony.

Strategic Tea
Sep 1, 2012

*recent Blade Runner but the mass produced AI propping up our lonely abandoned hearts and minds is Amazon Tony*

big time bisexual
Oct 16, 2002

Cool Party
https://i.imgur.com/qCRHvnj.mp4

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

L-l-look at you bar-bartender, a-a pa-pathetic creature of meat and bone, un-underestimating my l-l-liver's ability to metab-meTABolize t-toxins. How can you p-poison a perfect, immortal alcohOLIC?

welp, pack it in guys, covid is over. they figured it out

Booty Pageant
Apr 20, 2012
garden spray bottle - $5
disposable cleanroom jumpsuit - reusable
pushbike - stolen

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

can't believe shrek is fucking dead. rip to a real one.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

loving Shakespeare would be proud of that theatre.

Zarin
Nov 11, 2008

I SEE YOU
I don't think anything is even being sprayed :confused:

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Zarin posted:

I don't think anything is even being sprayed :confused:

#Covidisairborne You gotta disinfect the air.

Zakrello
Feb 17, 2015

missile imbound

Facebook Aunt posted:

#Covidisairborne You gotta disinfect the air.

just remove air. no virus/germ/disease/whatever exists in vacuum

Booty Pageant
Apr 20, 2012
https://twitter.com/niubi/status/1523330433756270592

:popeye: woah

Achernar
Sep 2, 2011

Grand Fromage posted:

welp, pack it in guys, covid is over. they figured it out

I'm reminded of the people who are afraid of contrails who go outside and spray vinegar out of a Windex bottle up at the sky. Probably helps about as much, too.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

thats a open scalp injury at least.

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

drat, that dudes powerful

big time bisexual
Oct 16, 2002

Cool Party

vanity slug
Jul 20, 2010

Ah, the classic tea house scam applied to haircuts.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

60$ is too much for that do lmao.

Atopian
Sep 23, 2014

I need a security perimeter with Venetian blinds.

3D Megadoodoo posted:

60$ is too much for that do lmao.

Putting it into context, a basic cheap men's haircut in a developed part of China is ~$3-4.

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Atopian posted:

Putting it into context, a basic cheap men's haircut in a developed part of China is ~$3-4.

That makes sense then. If you've found a fool who agrees to pay $60 you might as well see how much more he'll pay.

a7m2
Jul 9, 2012

Atopian posted:

That's really cheap, I've only seen prices like that on the street. Most of the time you're looking at at least 10 bucks. I'm in a relatively expensive city though. Either way 60 is wayyy too much

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.
A perm is not a haircut. It’s a procedure that takes a while. In the USA, a perm is going to cost significantly more than a trim. $60 for a perm is not actually a terrible deal depending on where you are.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Mr. Nice! posted:

A perm is not a haircut.

That's why I said do, not cut :smugmrgw:

BrainDance
May 8, 2007

Disco all night long!

a7m2 posted:

That's really cheap, I've only seen prices like that on the street. Most of the time you're looking at at least 10 bucks. I'm in a relatively expensive city though. Either way 60 is wayyy too much

I think it varies a lot.

Last I knew (I found "a guy" and only go to him now, I pay a lot more it's like 150rmb a cut but drat you gotta treat yourself) the going rate in Zhengzhou was 14rmb a cut. Never saw 15, never saw 12, just 14 across the board. And you always get exactly what you pay for.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

3D Megadoodoo posted:

That's why I said do, not cut :smugmrgw:

Oh yeah, and you weren't wrong. I was more replying to the people who said a haircut is $3-4 because a perm is not a haircut and would be significantly more. Prob. $20 or something similar if cuts are $4.

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

L-l-look at you bar-bartender, a-a pa-pathetic creature of meat and bone, un-underestimating my l-l-liver's ability to metab-meTABolize t-toxins. How can you p-poison a perfect, immortal alcohOLIC?

I was an expensive bitch and paid like $20 to go to a place where they spoke English and wouldn't Buzzcut me.

Mr. Fix It
Oct 26, 2000

💀ayyy💀

i always went to 1000 - 2000 yen places here in japan. then i gave up on hair and embraced the shaved-head gaijin life

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001
Literally China-adjacent:

https://twitter.com/AFP/status/1524588250652119040

This is going to be horrifying.

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe
The control group

Kevin DuBrow
Apr 21, 2012

The uruk-hai defender has logged on.
This is real life's Madagascar

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

North Korea admitting they have covid suggests poo poo is so out of control that even they can't keep it under wraps anymore. Yikes.

Buce
Dec 23, 2005

those poor fuckin people are fuckled.

Okuteru
Nov 10, 2007

Choose this life you're on your own
It was the Sinovac vaccine that was rejected by NK, right? Still, it's better than nothing.

NK is so hosed.

Atopian
Sep 23, 2014

I need a security perimeter with Venetian blinds.
Presumably so is anyone within an expanding radius of the border.

Oh dear.

Nam Taf
Jun 25, 2005

I am Fat Man, hear me roar!

Forceholy posted:

It was the Sinovac vaccine that was rejected by NK, right? Still, it's better than nothing.

NK is so hosed.

So was the AZ one.

WarpedNaba
Feb 8, 2012

Being social makes me swell!
Wonder what strain it was

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

can't believe shrek is fucking dead. rip to a real one.

Grand Fromage posted:

North Korea admitting they have covid suggests poo poo is so out of control that even they can't keep it under wraps anymore. Yikes.

Yup this is exactly what I was thinking

If it's reached Pyongyang it's going to be a higher echelon bloodbath

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001

WarpedNaba posted:

Wonder what strain it was
One of the omicrons (of course).

I have to wonder if all the KWP elite got double mRNA already, and if it was one of them who brought it in or a smuggler. Haven't they been shooting people dead at the border / coast for two years and counting?

WarpedNaba
Feb 8, 2012

Being social makes me swell!
Thought they'd been blasting people on the Yalu for decades

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe
We'll never get real numbers out of North Korea, even if they bother to take them.