Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

RandolphCarter
Jul 30, 2005

worse than useless

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

Nichael posted:

why do they wear the uniform of an already defeated people

They wear this in front of the judges and the judges are like "Yes, exactly! Thank you for your support!"

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Anybody lose their glasses?

Nichael posted:

I'm probably 99% motivated by spite

spite is why I vote green now instead of not voting at all

lobotomy molo
May 7, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Nichael posted:

I'm probably 99% motivated by spite

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

Atrocious Joe posted:

The Handmaid's Tale was inspired by the Iranian Revolution, so it's imperialist too

https://twitter.com/khamenei_ir/status/1523637130882285568

PoontifexMacksimus
Feb 14, 2012

is pepsi ok posted:

lmao it keeps happening

Biden: Folks I gotta warn you about something, there's this insanely badass movement called Ultra MAGA: Black Edition which is led by the Great Dread MAGA King and boy I tell ya it's been making me piss my pants more than usual.

Whoa, that's sick

Toplowtech
Aug 31, 2004

"Yeah but we can win the senate and do NOTHING with it!!! Isn't it worth losing abortion right?"

PhilippAchtel
May 31, 2011

https://twitter.com/samuel_O_G/status/1524543896167993347

Thank you!

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

The Javelin Squad

Honest Thief
Jan 11, 2009
part of what frustraste me when talking to people over bureaucracy is how matter of factly it is for them, like ok the dems dont have the senate and can't do anything now to stop roe overthrown but it's not like power just evaporates because of good sport rules so the laid down path just has to be taken because it is so
beyond the states it's also an issue in the EU, especially due to how procedure heavy it is

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:

do you think AOC cried about this one too

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

MAGA Ball Z

Crusader
Apr 11, 2002

ShallNoiseUpon posted:

do you think AOC cried about this one too

nah pelosi’s crushed her spirit already

Nix Panicus
Feb 25, 2007

Best Friends posted:

it’s so funny that she’s in some weirdo tradcath cult thing and all the opinion havers went “oh you think that’s weird? guess you hate Catholicism then” cause the media class is so elite they never even met a regular catholic in their life.

I mean, its good and right to hate Catholicism though! Even if you can somehow look past the international pedophilia support network aspect the religion itself is fundamentally opposed to the freedoms of other people. The weird cannibal cult trappings are honestly kinda charming though, I'll give them that.

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ Take my energy, Son Trump ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ.

Clip-On Fedora
Feb 20, 2011

Crusader posted:

nah pelosi’s crushed her spirit already

More like showed her the big book of insider trading stock options.

mags
May 30, 2008

I am a congenital optimist.
i was gonna angry post at nichael about how i keep getting annoying emails from people like warnock and frequent political spam calls and texts after giving a few bucks to jess but then i was like oh yeah i volunteered for obama in 08 like a dumbass so i forgive you nichael

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle

lmao

jfc

like yeah I'm sure there will be some increased turnout from the dems, but so will republicans! they just completed a 50 year long political project lol

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle

Atrocious Joe posted:

The Handmaid's Tale was inspired by the Iranian Revolution, so it's imperialist too

what really? I didn't know that but I guess it makes sense

Andorra
Dec 12, 2012
I'm not a politics expert but I feel like it's probably a bad idea to make all your legislative plans reliant on winning in the future without considering that you might not.

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle

TFW you're definitely NOT a literal lizard person in a human skin suit

mags
May 30, 2008

Atrocious Joe posted:

the author also has TERF sympathies

Pryor on Fire
May 14, 2013

they don't know all alien abduction experiences can be explained by people thinking saving private ryan was a documentary

Handmaid's Tale was (at the time) a pretty obvious spoof on the rise of the far right Christians in America along with the extreme Islamists and pointing out how similarly stupid they were. That was my take on it but I think that context is gone for most people now.

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

I'm hearing tuba music.

mags
May 30, 2008

octavia butler is a better writer anyway

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

wow communism sounds kind of 😳 sus! 👀

just give me some of that classic brand capitalism thanks!

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

mags posted:

i was gonna angry post at nichael about how i keep getting annoying emails from people like warnock and frequent political spam calls and texts after giving a few bucks to jess but then i was like oh yeah i volunteered for obama in 08 like a dumbass so i forgive you nichael
none of your info was given out.

They have other ways to get your info too

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

The Once And Future King Of Dicetroit

College Slice
yeah they sell your info not just give it away

mags
May 30, 2008

Nichael posted:

none of your info was given out.

They have other ways to get your info too

i just kinda assumed yall didnt have a choice in that fact but all that political data collection is a world i know nothing about. i have no social media presence to speak of nowadays, so they must be going off of old lists (i hope)

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

mags posted:

i just kinda assumed yall didnt have a choice in that fact but all that political data collection is a world i know nothing about. i have no social media presence to speak of nowadays, so they must be going off of old lists (i hope)

ptesident onama said he would give me a wet warm kiss if I tell him about your posts

mags
May 30, 2008

Nichael posted:

ptesident onama said he would give me a wet warm kiss if I tell him about your posts

he is real, he is powerful and he is my friend

Nucleic Acids
Apr 10, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 4 days!

Shear Modulus posted:

ok so if the money is leaving stocks then what are people investing in now genius

This article is nuts, a bunch of hedge fund guys and bankers and bari weiss of all people give honest interviews and quotes at this conference to a pro-labor magazine, what

I am convinced that liberals/Democrats automatically view as a class traitor anyone who has a college degree but didn’t fail upwards the way they did and that’s where some of this contempt is coming from, beyond just wanting to shatter solidarity.

Azathoth
Apr 3, 2001

mags posted:

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

mags posted:

Frosted Flake
Sep 13, 2011

Semper Shitpost Ubique

Nucleic Acids posted:

I am convinced that liberals/Democrats automatically view as a class traitor anyone who has a college degree but didn’t fail upwards the way they did and that’s where some of this contempt is coming from, beyond just wanting to shatter solidarity.

There’s a lot of this among the Canadian Lanyard Class, at a time when you need a MA to get any sort of well paying professional job. Just sneering contempt at 30 year old baristas with degrees who got hosed when the “Knowledge Economy” turned out to be a lie.

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

what is the lanyard class (besides a bunch of douches!!)

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

a miserable little pile of succrets

my bony fealty
Oct 1, 2008

gradenko_2000 posted:

The Javelin Squad

The Azov Squad

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

10 years ago a crack idpol unit was sent to Congress by voters for values they didn't commit to. These women promptly escaped from responsibility. Today, still wanted for unknown reasons, they survive as soldiers of fortune. If you have a problem, if no one else can help, and if you can afford to lobby them, maybe you can hire the Azov-Team.

Excelzior has issued a correction as of 15:05 on May 12, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vomik
Jul 29, 2003

This post is dedicated to the brave Mujahideen fighters of Afghanistan

Excelzior posted:

10 years ago a crack idpol unit was sent to Congress by voters for values they didn't commit to. These women promptly escaped from responsibility. Today, still wanted for unkown reasons, they survive as soldiers of fortune. If you have a problem, if no one else can help, and if you can afford to lobby them, maybe you can hire the Azov-Team.

lol