Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

nightwisher
Dec 24, 2004
lmfao i just got a 404 not found page for Tether on binance ahahaha

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Strong Sauce
Jul 2, 2003

You know I am not really your father.

https://twitter.com/MikeBurgersburg/status/1524608978495410176

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
what the gently caress is the point of buying low when they hold and ignore the second half of the adage.

nightwisher
Dec 24, 2004

PhazonLink posted:

what the gently caress is the point of buying low when they hold and ignore the second half of the adage.

clout

sweet homeless, penniless clout

greazeball
Feb 4, 2003

Imagine you're a hard-working hacker, just about to execute the code you've been working on for weeks and this happens.

It's always the working man who gets screwed

smellmycheese
Feb 1, 2016

https://twitter.com/whale_alert/status/1524655779671945216

WorldIndustries
Dec 21, 2004

peg seems to be recovering.

not really sure what I just witnessed but that was tense

nnnotime
Sep 30, 2001

Hesitate, and you will be lost.
Bitcoin just bounced from $25K back up to $28K. Haha, fudsters, you just missed your generational buying opportunity. Again, to the moooooooooooooon.

EDIT: oh, it just dropped under $28K again. Sigh. Nevermind.

nnnotime fucked around with this message at 09:10 on May 12, 2022

Goffer
Apr 4, 2007
"..."
Watching some trading view of bitcoin and its stuck on 28k almost exactly for a few minutes. People propping it up while others are cashing out is reaching a minor equilibrium

OzyMandrill
Aug 12, 2013

Look upon my words
and despair

smellmycheese posted:

This is a once in a lifetime chance you fools, you idiots.

Translation: Buy my coins. Please by my coins.. for the love of god, won't you buy my coins?!?

How about an ape? Lightly slurped?

WorldIndustries
Dec 21, 2004

https://twitter.com/Tether_to/status/1524652531170881537

not enough?

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
Did the Master Shake slurp juice animation crash crypto

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013

What does it all mean? :psyduck:

ELTON JOHN
Feb 17, 2014
chainswap.avi

Noob Saibot
Jan 29, 2020

by Fluffdaddy
Is this like in the 90s when the comic book and beanie baby markets crashed?

mdxi
Mar 13, 2006

to JERK OFF is to be close to GOD... only with SPURTING

https://twitter.com/glorybit_/status/1524655924396314626

busalover
Sep 12, 2020
I couldn't get that "Odo! They stole my apes!" meme out of my mind, and now I've started re-watching DS9. I still don't like it, it feels like watching people live in a shopping mall.

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug

Noob Saibot posted:

Is this like in the 90s when the comic book and beanie baby markets crashed?

Similar, only two things different is that comic books and beanie babys exist.
And that they didn't back then think they soon would be richer than a billion Elons by doing nothing.

bollig
Apr 7, 2006

Never Forget.
Hell yeah

The Rabbi T. White
Jul 17, 2008

busalover posted:

I couldn't get that "Odo! They stole my apes!" meme out of my mind, and now I've started re-watching DS9. I still don't like it, it feels like watching people live in a shopping mall.

Whenever Garak is on screen it is great. The rest of the time it is just pretty good.

Party Ape
Mar 5, 2007
Don't pay $10 bucks to change my avatar! Send me a $10 donation to Doctors with Borders and I'll stop posting for 24 hours!

Obviously we wouldn't cancel scheduled maintenance that might undermine customer confidence during an entirely unrelated crisis of confidence.

And now to take a long drink of water and create a bank run.

bollig
Apr 7, 2006

Never Forget.
hard to overstate how ready for this i am. Literally moved desks so I could watch the action. One of my coworkers is a "it's not a good plan to have your long term wealth in fiat" guy. To be fair he's not a dick about it, it's just come up a couple times. Anyway going to make jokes about btfd'ing Tether all day today

nightwisher
Dec 24, 2004
lmfao people are already going "holy poo poo LUNA is pumping back up, get in now"

smellmycheese
Feb 1, 2016

Two weeks ago… kiss of death

https://twitter.com/Scaramucci/status/1519799699607281664

nightwisher
Dec 24, 2004

Can't stop laughing. People are just piling into this and swing trading the gently caress out of it at this point.

Illuminti
Dec 3, 2005

Praise be to China's Covid-Zero Policy
"Crypto backed loans"

Just reading about the banks backing the stable coins.... And this phrase keeps popping up. A true absurdity, ridiculous.

A loan backed by promises/farts

Strumpie
Dec 9, 2012
i think i've finally figured this crypto out.

wait, no. that's the toilet.

Bleusilences
Jun 23, 2004

Be careful for what you wish for.

happyhippy posted:

Similar, only two things different is that comic books and beanie babys exist.
And that they didn't back then think they soon would be richer than a billion Elons by doing nothing.

I don't know, having multiple copy of #1 of Cable seems a bit wasteful.

Bleusilences fucked around with this message at 13:31 on May 12, 2022

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

spankmeister posted:

Guys i think it might be happening

We're watching the car teeter on the edge of a cliff and every time it tilts forward we're all going, "Come on... just a little bit more..."

Someone needs to update their conversion script. :v:

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

I honestly I have no idea who cannibal[SIC] is and I do not know why I should know.

syq dude, just syq!

Illuminti posted:

"Crypto backed loans"

Just reading about the banks backing the stable coins.... And this phrase keeps popping up. A true absurdity, ridiculous.

A loan backed by promises/farts

It was just a branding exercise for unbacked loans.

This is what zero interest does to a MF

Boywhiz88
Sep 11, 2005

floating 26" off da ground. BURR!

Sorry to quote myself but you guys need to see how broken these people are. The comments on some of these.... Also, really loving the concept of "gotta work harder" even though it's just putting good money after bad in a slot machine rather than any kind of actual work.

abigserve
Sep 13, 2009

this is a better avatar than what I had before
Incredible that someone could just say "all these ones and zeros are backed by real us dollars" and not only does nobody check, nobody cares lmao

Guze
Oct 10, 2007

Regular Human Bartender

abigserve posted:

Incredible that someone could just say "all these ones and zeros are backed by real us dollars" and not only does nobody check, nobody cares lmao

They know, they've just all agreed to pay no attention to the man behind the curtain.

greazeball
Feb 4, 2003

Boywhiz88 posted:

Sorry to quote myself but you guys need to see how broken these people are. The comments on some of these.... Also, really loving the concept of "gotta work harder" even though it's just putting good money after bad in a slot machine rather than any kind of actual work.

When these guys say "work" what exactly do they mean? Look at a bunch of web pages and think real hard before unerringly picking the magic coin that's going to the moon? What aspect of what they do is something that normal people would describe as work?

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

I honestly I have no idea who cannibal[SIC] is and I do not know why I should know.

syq dude, just syq!

abigserve posted:

If you're raised your whole life to see almost fictitiously valued securities, based almost entirely on speculation, as the way to financial security, it's not too crazy to just drop the almost.

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

Ghost Leviathan posted:

Did the Master Shake slurp juice animation crash crypto
I am choosing to believe a significant number of bagholders saw the slurp tweet and had a come to jesus moment. Just a whole bunch of people collectively realising oh poo poo, this is what I've been putting money into.

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

1000 posts of Bitcoin in a week; what gigantic schad did I miss? :allears:

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

can't believe shrek is fucking dead. rip to a real one.

Grouchio posted:

Nothing bad's happened. Bitcoin keeps going up up up!!!

repiv
Aug 13, 2009

Grouchio posted:

one of the big stablecoins had a "suicide hotline pinned in the subreddit" moment

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stink Billyums
Jul 7, 2006

MAGNUM

Grouchio posted:

LifeSunDeath posted:

holy poo poo, walk into a subreddit like hey guys what's going on in...here...
:yikes: